Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

So they crowd-source the game, only to make it exclusive to Epic for that extra mulah. Kind of a slap in the face to those who backed it from the beginning.

And they announced the kick-starter campaign at a Sony E3 conference, the whole thing has been weird from the start imo.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

And they announced the kick-starter campaign at a Sony E3 conference, the whole thing has been weird from the start imo.

I forgot about that. I wonder if they got some Sony money as well... Jeez, if so, that's a serious double/triple dip.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:
@lundy86_4 said:

So they crowd-source the game, only to make it exclusive to Epic for that extra mulah. Kind of a slap in the face to those who backed it from the beginning.

Well it will be since you are nothing to do with the company, everything is weird when i know nothing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

Well it will be since you are nothing to do with the company, everything is weird when i know nothing.

You knowing nothing is readily apparent.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

You knowing nothing is readily apparent.

And you seemingly do know?

Does one over compensate for lack? or does one accept flaws and open their mind to learning?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

And you seemingly do?

Does one over compensate for lack? or does one accept flaws and open their mind to learning?

Care to come back to our discussion? We left off here:

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

So essentially like almost anything else that uses the internet?

I was waiting for the OP or Fedor to try this one, but nothing directly effects you still, just your "feelings".

It literally affects the consumer. What are you talking about? lol. If other companies have extensive links with governing bodies that utilize heavy surveillance and limit nationals extensively... Yeah, i'll boycott the same thing. Hell, I don't even post extensively personal things to FB unless it's necessary... Certainly not payment info.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lebanese_boy
@lundy86_4 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

I forgot about that. I wonder if they got some Sony money as well... Jeez, if so, that's a serious double/triple dip.

I don't know if Sony backed them financially, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

And you seemingly do?

Care to come back to our discussion? We left off here:

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

So essentially like almost anything else that uses the internet?

I was waiting for the OP or Fedor to try this one, but nothing directly effects you still, just your "feelings".

It literally affects the consumer. What are you talking about? lol. If other companies have extensive links with governing bodies that utilize heavy surveillance and limit nationals extensively... Yeah, i'll boycott the same thing. Hell, I don't even post extensively personal things to FB unless it's necessary... Certainly not payment info.

Oh i see you wish for more attention, ok.

"Affects consumer"

Pays for game, installs through Epic store. Completes game.

Reads about how Epic handles certain things, victimizes himself so he can feel good about himself.

Someone mentioned self worth already, was aimed at me oddly, quite apt in the old projection of inner problems.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lundy86_4

@lebanese_boy said:

I don't know if Sony backed them financially, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Same. They gave stage-time to the game and devs, but that could have just been for the betterment of gaming... Still, at the end of the day, bottom dollar is bottom dollar.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@superfluousreal: So you get to decide what is a valid concern/complaint for others?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

"Affects consumer"

Reads about how Epic handles certain things, victimizes himself so he can feel good about himself.

Someone mentioned self worth already, was aimed at me oddly, quite apt in the old projection of inner problems.

That was a poor rebuttal, and does little to assuage legitimate concerns. You are trivializing said concerns that I outlined. Address them, or don't bother and continue to look idiotic.

Again, i'll help... This directly affects consumers. Both in terms of opening yourselves up to any form of financial repercussion, or Hell... On an extreme level, identity theft. Info sale is pretty heavy there, and not everyone on a government payroll necessarily abides by the rules. Dominoes, my friend.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: So you get to decide what is a valid concern/complaint for others?

Yes i do like many, it is called an opinion, have you discovered the art of respecting an opinion? have you discovered the ability to refute on solid and grounded logic?

A lot of things can be imagined also because of life experiences, such as as high self entitlement, delusional thinking, thinking life will happen for you, believing that everyone is out go get you.

Thinking negatively about almost anything.

The beauty of the internet is all this becomes uncensored.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fedor

@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

Yes i do like many, it is called an opinion, have you discovered the art of respecting an opinion? have you discovered the ability to refute on solid and grounded logic?

A lot of things can be imagined also because of life experiences, such as as high self entitlement, delusional thinking, thinking life will happen for you, believing that everyone is out go get you.

The irony. It's palpable.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

The more Epic money-hats developers to make their games exclusive, the more resolute my motivation to oppose them becomes. Perhaps if Epic invested half the money they do into buying games onto their platforms to increase its appeal instead of actually investing it into building that appeal from the ground up with competitive improvements to bring their platform to parity in infrastructure and feature set, they wouldn't have to waste this extra money to pay to make up for their insufficiency, incompetence, and laziness due to their lacking.

It would honestly probably be cheaper and would garner them far more goodwill then simply throwing money at the problem of competition to the consumers' detriment in coercing them to adopt the worse of two options. I think at this point it's fairly guaranteed that RDR2, when it comes to PC, will be an Epic exclusive.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SuperfluousReal

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

"Affects consumer"

That was a poor rebuttal, and does little to assuage legitimate concerns. You are trivializing said concerns that I outlined. Address them, or don't bother and continue to look idiotic.

Again, i'll help... This directly affects consumers. Both in terms of opening yourselves up to any form of financial repercussion, or Hell... On an extreme level, identity theft. Info sale is pretty heavy there, and not everyone on a government payroll necessarily abides by the rules. Dominoes, my friend.

Well i will assume your life has not had much for you to learn from, smooth sailing, some people value different things and are very different to you, that also means they are different to me, it is not a rebuttal, it is a perspective that is different to yours.

Due to the entitlement syndrome and dumbing down of spirit in people, others attempt to enforce a systematic approach which cuts off the ability to flow naturally and be themselves. Instead of things being trivial, people search for issues and make them seemingly so dark because mostly they fail to accept how dark they are themselves, it is synonymous with the victim mentality.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:
@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

The irony. It's palpable.

We can always pick fault, try helping, intelligence is not marked on how hard you can argue.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Fedor

@superfluousreal: You fancy yourself an intellectual but you've shown remedial ability to articulate. It's hilarious watching you drown in your own statements.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lebanese_boy
@lundy86_4 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Same. They gave stage-time to the game and devs, but that could have just been for the betterment of gaming... Still, at the end of the day, bottom dollar is bottom dollar.

"the betterment of gaming"

I admire your optimism lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

Well i will assume your life has not had much for you to learn from, smooth sailing, some people value different things and are very different to you, that also means they are different to me, it is not a rebuttal, it is a perspective that is different to yours.

Due to the entitlement syndrome and dumbing down of spirit in people, others attempt to enforce a systematic approach which cuts off the ability to flow naturally and be themselves. Instead of things being trivial, people search for issues and make them seemingly so dark because mostly they fail to accept how dark they are themselves, it is synonymous with the victim mentality.

Much to learn from? Let's start:

1. I was diagnosed with an incurable illness that requires multiple liver transplants. I've lived with this auto-immune disease for nigh-on 14 years.
  2. I lost my mum two months ago, unexpectedly. Furthermore, we had to put the family dog down 2 days after my Mum's death. Devastated is literally an undersell.

Other than that, I have 10 years experience within the finance field. I've seen fraudulent charges, all the way to identity theft, and how it can be devastating to people... Rich or poor.

Please, though, continue to assume and not actually address my posts.

----

If you won't actually address points beyond meager philosophical shite, then go away.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: You fancy yourself an intellectual but you've shown remedial ability to articulate. It's hilarious watching you drown in your own statements.

However you deem yourself superior, i do not deem myself anything, i understand certain things is all.

People like me can come across this way to someone unable to actually come away from the sense of self in what they say, the sense of entitlement and ability to think outside of the box and think rationally.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lundy86_4

@lebanese_boy said:

"the betterment of gaming"

I admire your optimism lol

Some say optimism is part of my charm lol.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Epic trashcan.

Two companies I used to love who got bought out and turned into crap.

Epic Megagames (basically Tencent) and id software.(Shithesda)

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SuperfluousReal

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

Much to learn from? Let's start:

1. I was diagnosed with an incurable illness that requires multiple liver transplants. I've lived with this auto-immune disease for nigh-on 14 years.
  2. I lost my mum two months ago, unexpectedly. Furthermore, we had to put the family dog down 2 days after my Mum's death. Devastated is literally an undersell.

Other than that, I have 10 years experience within the finance field. I've seen fraudulent charges, all the way to identity theft, and how it can be devastating to people... Rich or poor.

Please, though, continue to assume and not actually address my posts.

----

If you won't actually address points beyond meagre philosophical shite, then go away.

And this is your major problem, i have literally just proven to you where you base everything from, feelings, this deep seated issue inside yourself.

I did not need to know your issues, you assume also that i am not addressing you, i am fully addressing you, i am seeing into you, big difference, uncomfortable though.

A lot of people have emotional & mental problems and take it out subconsciously on others and everything around them, not fully dealt with, relax this is not a competition especially with sensitive stuff.

No i am not falling into emotional guilt, i learned from things that hurt.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Generally when you back a project it comes with the possibility that your money is gone and you get nothing.

But when the project actually succeeds and the project owner could have easily fulfilled backer obligations but chose not to, that shit needs to be refunded posthaste. That's complete bad faith!

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fedor

@superfluousreal: You're still drowning. It's funny that even you, an intellectual, can't see he dug his own grave.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: You're still drowning. It's funny that even you, an intellectual, can't see he dug his own grave.

You are just trying, you have no substance.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

It's Shenmue, nobody really gives a shit

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SuperfluousReal

@howmakewood said:

It's Shenmue, nobody really gives a shit

Emotionally charged game, a game that paved a way for many future titles, it was a mega hit that deserves the treatment it is having, however the nonsense about the stores is just silly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

And this is your major problem, i have literally just proven to you where you base everything from, feelings, this deep seated issue inside yourself.

I did not need to know your issues, you assume also that i am not addressing you, i am fully addressing you, i am seeing into you, big difference, uncomfortable though.

A lot of people have emotional & mental problems and take it out subconsciously on others and everything around them, not fully dealt with, relax this is not a competition especially with sensitive stuff.

I've literally shown you verifiable evidence of issues, and you keep at this philosophical shit. If anybody read our back-and-forth, i'd wager solid money that they'd agree.

You are not addressing any points I make, and simply gloss over the facts with irrelevant points. You are an imbecile of the highest calibre.

----

Dude, I don't want emotional guilt. If I wanted to parade my private life so publicly, I would have done so long before. All it did was simply point out that you're full of complete shit, and can't keep your head above water. Dude, later lol.

I won't even address this:

@superfluousreal

i learned from things that hurt.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@superfluousreal: here's an idea. Instead of trashing PC gamers upset about how their PC game that they paid money for is being handled, why don't you tell us what you think the issues are with Epic store. Because it looks like you don't think there are any - and that's probably why you are trivializing other people's problems from your vantage point. So - what do YOU think we are upset about?

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SuperfluousReal

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

I've literally shown you verifiable evidence of issues, and you keep at this philosophical shit. If anybody read our back-and-forth, i'd wager solid money that they'd agree.

You are not addressing any points I make, and simply gloss over the facts with irrelevant points. You are an imbecile of the highest calibre.

----

Dude, I don't want emotional guilt. If I wanted to parade my private life so publicly, I would have done so long before. All it did was simply point out that you're full of complete shit, and can't keep your head above water. Dude, later lol.

Well no this is your defense mechanism because your ego is larger than the real you.

Enjoyed talking with you, perhaps someone else closer to you enjoys your attitude, reality is what is in front of you, not some game store, and not peoples mental and emotional issues, this place is brimming with these types.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

Well no this is your defense mechanism because your ego is larger than the real you.

Enjoyed talking with you, perhaps someone else closer to you enjoys your attitude, reality is what is in front of you, not some game store, and not peoples mental and emotional issues, this place is brimming with these types.

@lundy86_4 said:
Dude, later lol.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@xantufrog said:

@superfluousreal: here's an idea. Instead of trashing PC gamers upset about how their PC game that they paid money for is being handled, why don't you tell us what you think the issues are with Epic store. Because it looks like you don't think there are any - and that's probably why you are trivializing other people's problems from your vantage point. So - what do YOU think we are upset about?

It not being on Steam and the devs moving to the Epic Store.

It's almost as if people are having an emotionally attached relationship with the devs or something.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Fedor

@superfluousreal: Once again, your logic has failed. Its almost as if you're not very intelligent.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@superfluousreal said:
@xantufrog said:

It not being on steam and the devs moving to the Epic Store.

It's almost as if people are having an emotionally attached relationship with the devs or something.

That's incorrect.

Dig deeper. Most of us have listed our issues with Epic at great length in past threads - and most of us have many games on other stores, and most of us have issues with Steam.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: Once again, your logic has failed. Its almost as if you're not very intelligent.

And yet no one has refuted me, only became emotional because i am able to see right through them.

One down, the whole shebang to go.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@xantufrog said:
@superfluousreal said:
@xantufrog said:

It not being on steam and the devs moving to the Epic Store.

That's incorrect.

Dig deeper. Most of us have listed our issues with Epic at great length in past threads - and most of us have many games on other stores, and most of us have issues with Steam.

Oh right, they collect some data in some country you do not live in and may make some extra cash this way, apparently this affects you as a person enough to emotionally get fired up and start spitting out dummies, which is apt for the behavior seen across various places, not just here.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fedor

@superfluousreal: You've been refuted and you refuted yourself. That's why you're here flailing nonsense, your ego can't handle being defeated. It's so sweet watching a hypocritical blowhard be refuted.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: You've been refuted and you refuted yourself. That's why you're here flailing nonsense, your who can't jandle being defeated. Its so sweet watching a hypocritical blowhard be refuted.

However, if i were truly defeated, you would rub it in my face with relevant quotes, your idea of refuting is not logical, it is based on some win mentality, i am correct and i will not falter, i am not based in a competitive mind set.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lundy86_4

@fedor said:

You've been refuted and you refuted yourself. That's why you're here flailing nonsense, your ego can't handle being defeated. It's so sweet watching a hypocritical blowhard be refuted.

It's literally mind-boggling. I may be done with him., but laughing at the pure idiocy will go on and on lol.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SuperfluousReal

@lundy86_4 said:
@fedor said:

You've been refuted and you refuted yourself. That's why you're here flailing nonsense, your ego can't handle being defeated. It's so sweet watching a hypocritical blowhard be refuted.

It's literally mind-boggling. I may be done with him., but laughing at the pure idiocy will go on and on lol.

You hurt, so you will side with the closest person who supports you whilst debating the person you assessed as hurtful, it is known as passive aggression.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lundy86_4

@superfluousreal said:

You hurt, so you will side with the closest person who supports you whilst debating the person you assessed as hurtful, it is known as passive aggression.

@lundy86_4 said:
Dude, later lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Fedor

@lundy86_4: He's panicked. His diatribe came back to bite him so now he's trying to find a new angle to go on. I'm actually really enjoying his pseudo intellectual breakdown.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@lundy86_4: He's panicked. His diatribe came back to bite him so now he's trying to find a new angle to go on. I'm actually really enjoying his pseudo intellectual breakdown.

And yet words without action, words without evidence.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Fedor

@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: You've been refuted and you refuted yourself. That's why you're here flailing nonsense, your who can't jandle being defeated. Its so sweet watching a hypocritical blowhard be refuted.

However, if i were truly defeated, you would rub it in my face with relevant quotes, your idea of refuting is not logical, it is based on some win mentality, i am correct and i will not falter, i am not based in a competitive mind set.

I'm not sure I've seen someone contradict themself so badly. Self destruction is beautiful.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:
@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

I'm not sure I've seen someone contradict themself so badly.

The contradiction you see is based on the limits of your understanding of how someone could be this way, that is because you are not me, you do not have what i have and vice versa, i am sure you have abilities like everyone, unique in your own way.

Have you actually made a post yet without attempting to insult?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Fedor

@superfluousreal: Thin skinned too? Is this your new angle after you have been violently refuted?

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: Thin skinned too? Is this your new angle after you have been violently refuted?

You assume that i am hurt then? so my intuitive ability was correct that all your posts are a form from your own ego and non ability to understand, and that all you want to do is win, rather than actually debate correctly or refute.

You do now understand your shortcomings right? Thin skinned is the prerogative when you are at the limits of what you know.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Fedor

@superfluousreal: Changing the narrative won't save you. Is flailing about fallacy all you have left?

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: Changing the narrative won't save you. Is flailing about fallacy all you have left?

There is no change, i read people very well, but i do not make haste estimations and inflate myself with a cocky feeling, i try to steer you into a better place, you undo yourself all by yourself.

By seeing your shortcomings, you know where to grow, much like Lundy over there with his own set of issues.

Noticed most people stopped? it is only me and you replying to each other, some how i doubt people understand or they do, it is why there is only me and you. Before Lundy got emotional he was much more open, he shut down because i opened him up. Good man, but bases things on feelings which makes things overblown to what they really are.

Psychological issues everywhere.