Shenmue 3 Epic Games Store Exclusive deal

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

Aids.

Update: In a Kickstarter post, Ys Net has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC: "Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option."

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#2 Posted by madrocketeer (6590 posts) -

Weather forecast predicts incoming storm of salt.

I feel for the backers. I really do. Unless future projects are more transparent about this, this is going to kill crowd-funded games, I think.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#3 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Aids.

Update: In a Kickstarter post, Ys Net has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC: "Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option."

I don't see a problem, heck we are lucky we got Shenmue anything...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Aids.

Update: In a Kickstarter post, Ys Net has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC: "Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option."

I don't see a problem, heck we are lucky we got Shenmue anything...

Luck is getting something for free from the sky.

This was a kickstarted game with peoples money, you pay for.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#5 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3780 posts) -

The game looks a lot better now. I can't wait for my PS4 version arrive as I back that game for $360!

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

So they crowd-source the game, only to make it exclusive to Epic for that extra mulah. Kind of a slap in the face to those who backed it from the beginning.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#7 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Aids.

Update: In a Kickstarter post, Ys Net has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC: "Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option."

I don't see a problem, heck we are lucky we got Shenmue anything...

Luck is getting something for free from the sky.

This was a kickstarted game with peoples money, you pay for.

And we are lucky that the kickstart even got traction considering the age of the first two games, never grateful are we?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#8 Posted by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Aids.

Update: In a Kickstarter post, Ys Net has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC: "Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option."

I don't see a problem, heck we are lucky we got Shenmue anything...

Luck is getting something for free from the sky.

This was a kickstarted game with peoples money, you pay for.

And we are lucky that the kickstart even got traction considering the age of the first two games, never grateful are we?

They got lucky by being privileged enough to be backed.

God, gamers really need to up their self-worth.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#9 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9817 posts) -

This was suppose to be kickstarted game otherwise it would not exist. now they took epic money.

its releasing in november which is busy month. its sale suicide.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#10 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Aids.

Update: In a Kickstarter post, Ys Net has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC: "Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option."

I don't see a problem, heck we are lucky we got Shenmue anything...

Luck is getting something for free from the sky.

This was a kickstarted game with peoples money, you pay for.

And we are lucky that the kickstart even got traction considering the age of the first two games, never grateful are we?

They got lucky by being privileged enough to be backed.

God, gamers really need to up their self-worth.

Self worth? you are complaining about a game being brought on PC onto a store that is not Steam, just another whiny child like mind like many people around here.

Save your mental gymnastics for healing your issues instead.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#11 Edited by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Luck is getting something for free from the sky.

This was a kickstarted game with peoples money, you pay for.

And we are lucky that the kickstart even got traction considering the age of the first two games, never grateful are we?

They got lucky by being privileged enough to be backed.

God, gamers really need to up their self-worth.

Self worth? you are complaining about a game being brought on PC onto a store that is not Steam, just another whiny child like mind like many people around here.

Save your mental gymnastics for healing your issues instead.

Nope Complaining about a game using forced exclusivity for it's personal gain to the detriment of the consumer.

It's called "logic".

Something that is happening wide-spread with Publishers absolutely loving the idea of people not to "whiny child", as it makes it easier to exploit the shit out of them.

Avatar image for unrealgunner
#12 Posted by UnrealGunner (1040 posts) -

These guys are dumb. People aren't going to buy it on the Epic store

Avatar image for Ant_17
#13 Posted by Ant_17 (12462 posts) -

Meh, getting it on PS4 so it mean nothing. Herms need to direct their issue toward Steam letting this happen.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#14 Edited by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:

And we are lucky that the kickstart even got traction considering the age of the first two games, never grateful are we?

They got lucky by being privileged enough to be backed.

God, gamers really need to up their self-worth.

Self worth? you are complaining about a game being brought on PC onto a store that is not Steam, just another whiny child like mind like many people around here.

Save your mental gymnastics for healing your issues instead.

Nope Complaining about a game using forced exclusivity for it's personal gain to the detriment of the consumer.

It's called "logic".

I did not pay anything and neither did you, so logically, i am still correct, as i said, stop trying and fix your issues. Attention seeking.

"Detriment of the consumer" translates to: It is not on Steam, so i must complain.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:

And we are lucky that the kickstart even got traction considering the age of the first two games, never grateful are we?

They got lucky by being privileged enough to be backed.

God, gamers really need to up their self-worth.

Self worth? you are complaining about a game being brought on PC onto a store that is not Steam, just another whiny child like mind like many people around here.

Save your mental gymnastics for healing your issues instead.

Nope Complaining about a game using forced exclusivity for it's personal gain to the detriment of the consumer.

It's called "logic".

I did not pay anything and neither did you, so logically,

That's not logic.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#16 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

They got lucky by being privileged enough to be backed.

God, gamers really need to up their self-worth.

Self worth? you are complaining about a game being brought on PC onto a store that is not Steam, just another whiny child like mind like many people around here.

Save your mental gymnastics for healing your issues instead.

Nope Complaining about a game using forced exclusivity for it's personal gain to the detriment of the consumer.

It's called "logic".

I did not pay anything and neither did you, so logically,

That's not logic.

Well it is because you have no argument, your argument is silly child like minded ideals that a game must be on Steam.

You have not refuted me which means i am fully correct.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

lol

Over 250 posts with "refund" in the post after Shenmue 3 got confirmed EGS exclusive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#18 Edited by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

lol

Over 250 posts with "refund" in the post after Shenmue 3 got confirmed EGS exclusive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

Awww it's cool to watch unevolved inferior people who cannot adapt to change, the first to lose in the battle of survival.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (33426 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

lol

Over 250 posts with "refund" in the post after Shenmue 3 got confirmed EGS exclusive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

Awww it's cool to watch unevolved inferior people who cannot adapt to change, the first to lose in the battle of survival.

By that you mean the people who backed the game?

Dos Basturds.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

lol

Over 250 posts with "refund" in the post after Shenmue 3 got confirmed EGS exclusive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

Good. Consumers have a right to vote with their wallets. I haven't bought a single thing from EGS, but I still utilize Uplay and Origin. With Origin, I even had Premium for quite a while, and I enjoyed the games given.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#21 Edited by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

lol

Over 250 posts with "refund" in the post after Shenmue 3 got confirmed EGS exclusive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

Awww it's cool to watch unevolved inferior people who cannot adapt to change, the first to lose in the battle of survival.

Hey guys, i backed it because it is Shenmue 3!!!!

Some time later.. we will now be changing store because this other store supports us better for our purpose as a company.

Those backers who love the game!: Complain!!!!!! Boycott, not buying.

Talk about indecisive, how do you ever accomplish anything in life like that?

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#22 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@superfluousreal said:
@uninspiredcup said:

lol

Over 250 posts with "refund" in the post after Shenmue 3 got confirmed EGS exclusive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

Awww it's cool to watch unevolved inferior people who cannot adapt to change, the first to lose in the battle of survival.

By that you mean the people who backed the game?

Dos Basturds.

Because they change their mind on things that barely affect them? entitlement is a bitch, it is self defeating.

Avatar image for calvincfb
#23 Posted by Calvincfb (1302 posts) -

LMAO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Look at those people angry because they have to install another launcher on their PCs. THHBO

Avatar image for fedor
#24 Posted by Fedor (4983 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Bro, you lost.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#25 Edited by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: Bro, you lost.

Lost what?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#26 Edited by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

LMAO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Look at those people angry because they have to install another launcher on their PCs. THHBO

You're trivializing, recloud.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#27 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@calvincfb said:

LMAO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Look at those people angry because they have to install another launcher on their PCs. THHBO

You're trivializing, recloud.

But it is trivial when you as a consumer is only consuming a product, you are not a person who needs to make bank from the product too, or maybe you are? well then you can join the clickbait YouTube storm the day it releases, or create drama so people watch your video, it's how things are these days right?

People involving their heads where they do not belong, stupidity and unrealistic.

Avatar image for fedor
#28 Posted by Fedor (4983 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Your argument, move on.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#29 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: Your argument, move on.

No one has refuted me, you just calling it so, does not make it so, weak.

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#30 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6749 posts) -

I hope the people who backed this game for steam key get a refund. No money for these **** devs and also kickstarter need to die off.

Avatar image for Jag85
#31 Posted by Jag85 (13497 posts) -

Are Epic giving some funding for the game? If so, then I don't see a problem with it. Whatever funding they can get will only help improve the final product.

Avatar image for fedor
#32 Edited by Fedor (4983 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Refuted... LMAO!!! Grow up.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#33 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3780 posts) -

Really?? If you are a Shenmue Fans you should be happy to see this game come out.. I will buy a freaking Xbox right a way if this game is an Xbox exclusive.. You guys are crying over a different store rather than Stream?

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#34 Posted by Random_Matt (4146 posts) -

You lot are fucked in the head, seriously. If someone bought something which said steam, then they should have a product from steam, it's what they fucking paid for. How many products have you bought but were fine with receiving something different? Bet it was ok if were your own money.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#35 Edited by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:

You lot are fucked in the head, seriously. If someone bought something which said steam, then they should have a product from steam, it's what they fucking paid for. How many products have you bought but were fine with receiving something different? Bet it was ok if were your own money.

A key is not the game, if you get the same game you would have on Steam, where is the issue?

Entitlement is the issue, people are so entitled they remove their own sensibilities and act emotionally retarded over nothing, if you can't adapt to change, you will fall behind.

Avatar image for fedor
#36 Posted by Fedor (4983 posts) -

@Jag85: nope.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#37 Edited by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:

But it is trivial when you as a consumer is only consuming a product, you are not a person who needs to make bank from the product too, or maybe you are? well then you can join the clickbait YouTube storm the day it releases, or create drama so people watch your video, it's how things are these days right?

People involving their heads where they do not belong, stupidity and unrealistic.

You aren't accounting for the fact that it starts a precedent within gaming, in which throwing money at a problem provides exclusivity beyond a singular store. Nor that Tencent owns a sizable portion, and has extensive links within the Chinese Govn't, and also the fact that individuals have shown that the storefront's software accesses large amounts of data from your PC that aren't relevant to what the storefront needs to do. It's why I only utilize the storefront for the free games offered. I do not use any method of payment within the store.

It's not as simple as "haha, why is another storefront an issue"? Another storefront isn't an issue for many, including myself. I use 4 of them.

Avatar image for XVision84
#38 Posted by XVision84 (16044 posts) -

Epic is the champion of PC gaming 🀣

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#39 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@superfluousreal said:

But it is trivial when you as a consumer is only consuming a product, you are not a person who needs to make bank from the product too, or maybe you are? well then you can join the clickbait YouTube storm the day it releases, or create drama so people watch your video, it's how things are these days right?

People involving their heads where they do not belong, stupidity and unrealistic.

You aren't accounting for the fact that it starts a precedent within gaming, in which throwing money at a problem provides exclusivity beyond a singular store. Nor that Tencent owns a sizable portion, and has extensive links within the Chinese Govn't, and also the fact that individuals have shown that the storefront's software accesses large amounts of data from your PC that aren't relevant to what the storefront needs to do.

It's not as simple as "haha, why is another storefront an issue"? Another storefront isn't an issue for many, including myself. I use 4 of them.

So essentially like almost anything else that uses the internet?

I was waiting for the OP or Fedor to try this one, but nothing directly effects you still, just your "feelings".

Avatar image for xantufrog
#40 Posted by xantufrog (11385 posts) -

What the ever loving %$&*. They had us lock in our platform choice like a year ago. So now me, one of the bitchiest Epic bitchers on here, is going to be forced to get this damn thing on Epic.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#41 Posted by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:

So essentially like almost anything else that uses the internet?

I was waiting for the OP or Fedor to try this one, but nothing directly effects you still, just your "feelings".

It literally affects the consumer. What are you talking about? lol. If other companies have extensive links with governing bodies that utilize heavy surveillance and limit nationals extensively... Yeah, i'll boycott the same thing. Hell, I don't even post extensively personal things to FB unless it's necessary... Certainly not payment info.

Avatar image for fedor
#42 Posted by Fedor (4983 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Oof... You're taking a beating.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#43 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

What the ever loving %$&*. They had us lock in our platform choice like a year ago. So now me, one of the bitchiest Epic bitchers on here, is going to be forced to get this damn thing on Epic.

Suck it up, as a moderator, i expect a at least a hint of using a level head.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#44 Edited by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

@xantufrog you've been summoned by the above. Weigh in on this bullshittery.

Also, I feel bad for you. Are they honouring those who chose Steam?

Avatar image for xantufrog
#45 Posted by xantufrog (11385 posts) -

@superfluousreal: um, I think I was pretty clearly poking fun at myself.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#46 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@superfluousreal: um, I think I was pretty clearly poking fun at myself.

Fair enough sir.

Avatar image for dagubot
#47 Posted by dagubot (1316 posts) -

Pass for me. I dislike Epic.

Avatar image for Renegade_Fury
#48 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20548 posts) -

I'm pissed. I backed a separate PS4 copy too, but I chose all the combat extras for the steam epic version. What a bunch of garbage.

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#49 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6749 posts) -

BTW the game looks like dog shit. Good luck saving this turd epic.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#50 Edited by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

BTW the game looks like dog shit. Good luck saving this turd epic.

Do you give up on your wife when she does not give you a cheese sandwich but instead gives you a cheese burger? Even though you invested all that time with a sensual massage yesterday evening?