Several reasons why 360/PS3 owners (if you own both) should get it on the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

This isn't trying to incite a flamewar (this isn't gamefaqs, and when I'm here I don't feel like splitting my head open). But...for 360 and PS3 (multiconsole) owners who are considering buying UT2k7...I suggest you buy it on the PS3.

1. PS3/PC versions of UT2k7 were announced in 2005. Obviously....these are 2 vastly different platforms, so epic probably had 2 seperate dev teams for it. In other words, PS3 is 1 of the lead platforms for the game. Obviously, lead platforms are usually the best versions, and there don't tend to be any other cases (only rare ones...like sega and Armored core 4. But, I'm not 100% sure that the PS3 was the lead platform).

2. PS3 allows for use of a USB [wireless or wired] or a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. Also, there is the 3rd party periphal which is a controller like keyboard/mouse combo. http://gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html

3. You have to consider that the 2 games are released in the same month (Halo 3 and UT2k7). It is.....well, very likely that most players will be playing Halo 3 for a long time to come. Yes...people can buy 2 seperate games and play them, but 2 games of the same genre.....and most people would prefer to play halo on the XBOX. In other words...you'll probably see more people playing UT2k7 on PSN rather than XBOX live.

4. The PSN mic problem will be fixed. With SOCOM, Warhawk, Home, and the Playstation Eye coming into play, games will have alot more people with headsets. I say HOME, because it introduces (to some people) the fact that you can use a bluetooth headset on the PS3.

5. PS3 version of UT3 will support user mods, created on PCs and downloadable to the console. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10974 (This is the main reason, and will add tons of replayability on the PS3/PC version).

6. PS3 version has some (optional) sixaxis uses. With the air-superiority vehicles and hoverboard. Dev says it runs very, very smoothly and natural.

7. By the time this game is released, I believe the "shockaxis" controllers will be released (force feedback and sixaxis). Force Feed Back will be better on the PS3 controller....because it will be able to emit from different places (on the D-pad, the joysticks, hand area, triggers, all, etc) and emit in different magnitudes (getting shot once would cause less than a nearby explosion).

8. pure speculation. A comment was made by a member of the UT2k7 team...on the subject of space. He said that next gen games would be taking 20-30gb of space at the least. He said they'd have no trouble at all with the PS3 and blu ray discs, for the PC they have massive HDDs to install data to. But he said the 360 would be a problem...limited to DVDs, and no HDD standard (because they have to consider the core and the 64mb memory card), and he said he didn't know how they were going to fit it on. Anyway, maybe since the PS3/PC have so much space left they'll give each of them some exclusive maps to play on.

9. Lemmings cannot use "DLC" as an excuse. It will most likely cost money, and DLC has nothing on mods. Also, it won't be anything huge (just maps, weapons,vehicles, skins, etc which the PS3 versionwill also have).

10. PS3 will have HOME whichwill enable people to launch games with friends and new friends very easily.

11. PS3 owners get it a year before 360 owners do.

But, if you have a high end PC, definatly get it forthat.

xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
i think i should get a ps3 because it has actual exclusives.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

i was going to get it on the ps3 anyway due to it coming out ealryer.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Here's a better idea; Get it on PC.

Primevil702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Primevil702
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts

Well, I'm willing to bet those who have both PS3/360 will probably buy the PS3 version. Why wait if you don't have to? Factor in Sony is helping Epic out with getting the engine going on PS3, and going by the playtests... the PS3/PC versions are on par with eachother.

Either way, I think most people who own both consoles will buy the PS3 version this november. I'll be getting it for PC and PS3 personally.

subject117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 subject117
Member since 2002 • 4824 Posts
I think this is a no brainer if you ownboth.
me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
Home will be the main reason. The commuitiy there will be great. Meet and chat to people in the specific game area (eg UT3 room), join clans, have clan meetings etc.
LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

Verge_6
No go on reading?
andyb1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 andyb1205
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts
Shooters are always better on the PC, besides some (rainbow six being better on xbox 360 and some others). Besides exclusives
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Once Sony decides to become rational and actually lower their retail price on the PS3 to more market-friendly prices, I will get a PS3. Until then, every PS3/360 game that comes out that I want, I will (by default) be buying for the 360.
GastaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GastaS
Member since 2004 • 245 Posts

Once Sony decides to become rational and actually lower their retail price on the PS3 to more market-friendly prices, I will get a PS3. Until then, every PS3/360 game that comes out that I want, I will (by default) be buying for the 360.SpruceCaboose

No thanks, all your blah blah blah blah blue-ray blah blah blah the cell blah blah blah... Bro don't try to wash my brain, im not a 15 yrs old kid.

In the end UTk7 will have more features on xbox360 just like happened with Virtual Fighter 5, and everyone here knows that x360 and PC's are like brothers, what Runs here runs there too...

X360 has enough games to be played until UTk7 comes out.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

Guess PC doesn't exist anymore to Cows...

Money Bags talk more then anything else and Sony has been generous with those with Epic ^_^

johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts
im gonna hold off for the 360 version. your reasons are horrible and sony hasnt given me any reason too buy multiplat games on their console yet.
Richard7666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Richard7666
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
Point 1 is rubbish. They have ONE dev team and then simply tweak as necessary for the different platforms after the game is built. You wouldn't be able to keep any kind of uniformity to the game if it was developed by separate teams. You'd end up with totally different games.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

Congratulations, Sony fans. You finally have a game worth buying on your platform instead of ours.

A couple of notes though:

UT3 isn't going to be a "year" later on 360 than on. Only a couple of months. As soon as 2008 hits it'll be close.

And, if the HDD thing is a problem for any developer they can make it a HD required game. Other games can do it, and have done it, there's an official logo Microsoft has for a HDD required game for them to put on the box art and everything. The issue of non-standard HDD really, really isn't a problem. I don't know why people keep saying it is. They can make it HDD required, and everyone has a HDD anyway, so it isn't actually limiting the market in anyway. And if people DIDN'T have a HDD, Microsoft would WANT games to be HDD required to sell more of their 360 hard drives.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
10. PS3 will have HOME whichwill enable people to launch games with friends and new friends very easily.LastSamurai14
How?  I hear Sony fans say Home will make launching games with friends easier, but what does it do to make the process any better?  With Live, I hit a button, get the list back from MS, and choose the people I want to send invitations to.  With Home, I'll at least have to wait for Home to load before I can do anything.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

i think i should get a ps3 because it has actual exclusives.xjet039

Playstation 3 exclusive

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Final Fantasy VIII
3. Final Fantasy Versus
4. Uncharted Drakes Fortune
5. Heavenly Sword
6. Ratchet and ClankTools of Destruction
7. WarHawk
8. War Devil
9. Infamous
10. Gran Turismo 5
11. Eight Days
12. God of War 3
13. Heavy Rain
14. Lair
15. LittleBigPlanet
16. Socom Confrontation
17. Socom 4
18. Tekken 6
19. Afrika
20. Getaway
21. White Knight Story
22. Eyedentify
23. Killzone 2
24. Fifth Phantom Saga
25. Unreal Tourment ( Time Exclusive)
26. Haze (Time Exclusive)
27. Wipeout
28. Gradius
29. Possession
30. Time Crisis 4
31. The Agency
32. Echochrome
33. The Eye of Judgment
34. New Team ICO GAME
35. Folklore

36. HOME lots of arcades games

PS3 Lead Platform

1.Dark Sector

2. Dirt (Lookin better on the PS3 now)

I guess all these exclusive and ps3 as bein the lead platform will give everyone a real big reason to get the ps3 right now....

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Unreal isn't time exclusive because its on PC. Or is the PC coming out later?
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

[QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]10. PS3 will have HOME whichwill enable people to launch games with friends and new friends very easily.lowe0
How? I hear Sony fans say Home will make launching games with friends easier, but what does it do to make the process any better? With Live, I hit a button, get the list back from MS, and choose the people I want to send invitations to. With Home, I'll at least have to wait for Home to load before I can do anything.

You can meet all your friend at HOME and discuss what game you want to play.and plan out strategy to take out enemies and give out tips and information before goin into the game...this will be awesome for mulitplayer game...littlebigplanet resistance and etc... you can launch any game within HOME too easily at anytime..

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]10. PS3 will have HOME whichwill enable people to launch games with friends and new friends very easily.elementz28

How? I hear Sony fans say Home will make launching games with friends easier, but what does it do to make the process any better? With Live, I hit a button, get the list back from MS, and choose the people I want to send invitations to. With Home, I'll at least have to wait for Home to load before I can do anything.

You can meet all your friend at HOME and discuss what game you want to play.and plan out strategy to take out enemies and give out tips and information before goin into the game...this will be awesome for mulitplayer game...littlebigplanet resistance and etc... you can launch any game within HOME too easily at anytime..

Live lets you do all of that.  With a simple chat invite, you can have everyone talking, even if you haven't started (or even chosen) the game you're going to be playing.  Not to mention, you're not limited to Home's games if you want to play something while you wait - I can load up an Xbox Live Arcade title if I feel like playing something else while I wait for everyone to sign in, or I can even play a full disc-based title if I wish, because cross-title messaging was built into the 360's APIs from the beginning.
As for launching any game, there's a simple way to do that on 360 - you put the game in the drive and close it.  I don't need a 3D environment for that.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I think this is a no brainer if you ownboth.subject117

Indeed, lol. I own both, and I sure as hell am not going to wait a year to get a ported version for the 360 when I can buy the superior version on the PS3 this year. Even though it will be coming to the 360, I personally feel that UT3 should in a certain sense be considered more or less PS3's game as far as consoles go. Same with Haze.

bababooey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bababooey7
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
why would i get UT on the ps3 when i an just wait and get on the 360 not to long afterwards not to mention there are plenty of great games coming out before 08 anyway. Oh yea if i wanted to i could nme a big list of exclusives for the 360, but there are to many to name. This home thing looks alright but personally i will stick with paying 50 a year to use microsofts great online service. You think cause you name a list thats 30 somthing long of exclusives that it means the ps3 has more then the 360.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

i own all 3 and i get all multiplats on 360 because all the reasons the TC listed are pure BS. that and the 360 controller just destroys the sixaxis (i hate even typing the name - so stupid).

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3picuri3

[QUOTE="subject117"]I think this is a no brainer if you ownboth.ironcreed

Indeed, lol. I own both, and I sure as hell am not going to wait a year to get a ported version for the 360 when I can buy the superior version on the PS3 this year. Even though it will be coming to the 360, I personally feel that UT3 should in a certain sense be considered more or less PS3's game as far as consoles go. Same with Haze.

bah, UT games have always been best on PC, end of story.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

1. PS3/PC versions of UT2k7 were announced in 2005. Obviously....these are 2 vastly different platforms, so epic probably had 2 seperate dev teams for it. In other words, PS3 is 1 of the lead platforms for the game. Obviously, lead platforms are usually the best versions, and there don't tend to be any other cases (only rare ones...like sega and Armored core 4. But, I'm not 100% sure that the PS3 was the lead platform).

2. PS3 allows for use of a USB [wireless or wired] or a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. Also, there is the 3rd party periphal which is a controller like keyboard/mouse combo. http://gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html

3. You have to consider that the 2 games are released in the same month (Halo 3 and UT2k7). It is.....well, very likely that most players will be playing Halo 3 for a long time to come. Yes...people can buy 2 seperate games and play them, but 2 games of the same genre.....and most people would prefer to play halo on the XBOX. In other words...you'll probably see more people playing UT2k7 on PSN rather than XBOX live.

4. The PSN mic problem will be fixed. With SOCOM, Warhawk, Home, and the Playstation Eye coming into play, games will have alot more people with headsets. I say HOME, because it introduces (to some people) the fact that you can use a bluetooth headset on the PS3.

5. PS3 version of UT3 will support user mods, created on PCs and downloadable to the console. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10974 (This is the main reason, and will add tons of replayability on the PS3/PC version).

6. PS3 version has some (optional) sixaxis uses. With the air-superiority vehicles and hoverboard. Dev says it runs very, very smoothly and natural.

7. By the time this game is released, I believe the "shockaxis" controllers will be released (force feedback and sixaxis). Force Feed Back will be better on the PS3 controller....because it will be able to emit from different places (on the D-pad, the joysticks, hand area, triggers, all, etc) and emit in different magnitudes (getting shot once would cause less than a nearby explosion).

8. pure speculation. A comment was made by a member of the UT2k7 team...on the subject of space. He said that next gen games would be taking 20-30gb of space at the least. He said they'd have no trouble at all with the PS3 and blu ray discs, for the PC they have massive HDDs to install data to. But he said the 360 would be a problem...limited to DVDs, and no HDD standard (because they have to consider the core and the 64mb memory card), and he said he didn't know how they were going to fit it on. Anyway, maybe since the PS3/PC have so much space left they'll give each of them some exclusive maps to play on.

9. Lemmings cannot use "DLC" as an excuse. It will most likely cost money, and DLC has nothing on mods. Also, it won't be anything huge (just maps, weapons,vehicles, skins, etc which the PS3 versionwill also have).

10. PS3 will have HOME whichwill enable people to launch games with friends and new friends very easily.

11. PS3 owners get it a year before 360 owners do.

But, if you have a high end PC, definatly get it forthat.

LastSamurai14

1. First of all you used the word "probably", which means that I've pretty much disregarded this one because it is only your personal speculation. But if the game did have two separate teams, how would that make the ps3 the lead platform for the game? If there are 2 teams, why need a lead? Besides, Epic is great at what they do and they of course will be using the unreal engine...any differences between lead platform and the other one are going to be minimal...especially with extra 360 development time headed into 2008.

2. true...but personally I own a console so that I can use the controller. If I wanted to use the keyboard and mouse than I'd be a pc gamer. That is my opinion though.

3. This point is weak, very weak. First of all, xbox live has more users than the ps3 has consoles sold. There is no way there is going to be morepeople playing this gameon PSN than xboxlive, especially when the game will have been released on the ps3 already for several months before. Halo will also have been out for almost half a year...i'm sure it won't pull a significant amount of gamers from unreal, especially if unreal is as good as it's hyped up to be. And if you want to be unbiased, GTA is a huge game as well...GTA is a huge game and is going to be coming out closer to unreal than halo 3 is. According to your theory, there will be less players playing Unreal because they'll be playing GTA. Again, I don't agree with this theory at all, but i'm just pointing out your failure to see both sides of it.

4. How is this a reason that people should get it on the ps3? Every premium 360 owner already owns a microphone. If you are going to compare the number of people what have a microphone that came free and the number of people who actually go out and buy one, i'm pretty sure the free microphone is going to win every single time...especially when the 360 has many more consoles sold. I think this is clearly a reason why people should get it on the 360...since there is MUCH stronger mic support.

5. very true.

6. Personally, so far I've been unimpressed with sixaxis, and it's use does not seem to have given it any advantage in reviews at all. 360 owners can argue against this by saying that they will have arumble feature. So I call this point a draw.

7. Another weak point. Again...completly speculation, and http://www.totalgamerzone.com/story-534.htmlsays to me that Sony is not as close to this controller as you think they are. Again...the "possibility" of a new controller is not a strong reason to get a game, especially when ps3 gamers are going to have to buy another contoller.

8. You are right...that is complete speculation. Games like Oblivion and Just Cause have some of the largestmaps ever...and both were fit onto a single disc. You are definitly going to have to come up with some more proof before I give you this one.

9. The 360 having DLC is not a reason to get the ps3 version. And you've already used the mods reasoning...so this point is pointless as well.

10. I don't know how familiar you are with XBOXLIVE..but it is already very easy to start up games with friends and new friends..especially with Live'scross game invities (which I believe PSN currently doesn't do). Again, I think this point goes in favor of the 360 version, although Home isn't out yet so we will have to wait and see what that feature brings to the table.

11. Not a year. It comes out in Q4 2007 on the ps3 and "early 2008" on the 360. I'm no math expert...but that certainly doesn't sound like even close to a year to me. (note, the 360 version is currently listed as q42007 as well).

TheBigDrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 TheBigDrat
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
while I don't yet own a PS3, (later today probably), and if i don't get it on PC (which i am 90% sure I would), I'd end up getting it on 360 because everyone has a headset and I am an achievement whore
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 3picuri3

i've read on a few sites that the release difference is only about 15 days.

UT is due out around holidays (xmas) for PS3, and right after new years for 360. lmao.

yay for an exclusive for 15 days, i guess the 360 has had dozens of unofficial timed exclusives what with all the PS3 ports being delayed.

arm9218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 arm9218
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
[QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]10. PS3 will have HOME whichwill enable people to launch games with friends and new friends very easily.lowe0
How?  I hear Sony fans say Home will make launching games with friends easier, but what does it do to make the process any better?  With Live, I hit a button, get the list back from MS, and choose the people I want to send invitations to.  With Home, I'll at least have to wait for Home to load before I can do anything.

you can do what u said about the 360 already with the ps3. home just another option
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#32 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

[QUOTE="subject117"]I think this is a no brainer if you ownboth.3picuri3

bah, UT games have always been best on PC, end of story.

"Bah", opinions do vary, friend. Not everyone wants the game on PC, or else that would be the only platform that it would be released on.

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts

This is an interesting point:

3. You have to consider that the 2 games are released in the same month (Halo 3 and UT2k7). It is.....well, very likely that most players will be playing Halo 3 for a long time to come. Yes...people can buy 2 seperate games and play them, but 2 games of the same genre.....and most people would prefer to play halo on the XBOX. In other words...you'll probably see more people playing UT2k7 on PSN rather than XBOX live

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

This is an interesting point:

3. You have to consider that the 2 games are released in the same month (Halo 3 and UT2k7). It is.....well, very likely that most players will be playing Halo 3 for a long time to come. Yes...people can buy 2 seperate games and play them, but 2 games of the same genre.....and most people would prefer to play halo on the XBOX. In other words...you'll probably see more people playing UT2k7 on PSN rather than XBOX live

mikasa

...no treally

3. This point is weak, very weak. First of all, xbox live has more users than the ps3 has consoles sold. There is no way there is going to be morepeople playing this gameon PSN than xboxlive, especially when the game will have been released on the ps3 already for several months before. Halo will also have been out for almost half a year...i'm sure it won't pull a significant amount of gamers from unreal, especially if unreal is as good as it's hyped up to be. And if you want to be unbiased, GTA is a huge game as well...GTA is a huge game and is going to be coming out closer to unreal than halo 3 is. According to your theory, there will be less players playing Unreal because they'll be playing GTA. Again, I don't agree with this theory at all, but i'm just pointing out your failure to see both sides of it.

Also, big games like heavenly sword, uncharted, ratchet and clank, and haze are all going to be out around the same time. It is completly biased to assume that Halo will pull away online players from unreal tournament on the 360, but these games I named won't pull online players from UT on the ps3.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
360 for me..Gears of War brung it home for me and I had a blast playing it, I will do the same with UT3 in early 2008.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lowe0
you can do what u said about the 360 already with the ps3. home just another optionarm9218
Yes, but what makes it a good option?  
As for whether I can do with the PS3 what I can with the 360: if I'm playing Armored Core 4 and my friends are playing F1 and want to start a multiplayer race, will PSN notify me that I have a game invite pending and let me see who sent it and what they want to play, or do I have to quit the game to do that?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

Verge_6
Tell him what hes won Bob!!! Verge_6, for you answering the TC with the correct answer, you can now claim ownage!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

Verge_6
Tell him what hes won Bob!!! Verge_6, for you answering the TC with the correct answer, you can now claim ownage!
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

All my friends are on XBL, so i think ill get all multiplayer games on Xbox.

Magical_Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Magical_Donuts
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
ill get 360... so i can play with my friends.. and achievments
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#41 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts
Well I would get UT3 on PS3 except for the fact that a lot of my friends have 360s only.
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

Verge_6

We have a winner

waynehead895