Serious Sam 4 : Planet Badass VS Doom Eternal, which will be better FPS game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Sam 'Serious" stone taking on Mental's Hordes VS Doom Slayer taking on Hell minions. Which game will be better FPS game? Both are faced paced shooters with epic awesome weapons at protagonists disposal.

My Vote going for Planet Badass.

Well?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Doom, cause it will have the same music guy.

And Sam 4 looked rough last time I saw it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Doom, cause it will have the same music guy.

And Sam 4 looked rough last time I saw it.

^

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Looooove serious Sam, but as other have mentioned the 4th installment looks a bit rough so fare..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Doom Eternal of course. serious sam has always been psedu poor mans old school games. plus 4 looks terrible to the point that it may cancelled in future.

Doom Eternal will be single best game of 2019.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

Main issue from Serous Sam is 1) Shitty gun feedback 2) Shitty pacing where they pad a level out for the sake of padding it out.

It's massive environments with hoards of enemies is it's unique selling point. Strong focus on COOP as well, even with it's flaws it's still a blast.

-

From SS3 it's clear the developer doesn't really understand it's strengths. Removing the color for COD environments. Adding iron-sights. Hitscan enemies. Reloading. Just lots and lots of dumb shit that a fan would tell them right away is dumb.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

DOOM Eternal, because it doesn't look like a complete trainwreck of a game.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Serious Sam.

Doom is too serious.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Serious Sam 3 was not fun in my opinion. I’d go with Doom Eternal. But honestly numero four might surprise us.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Which one will be more hardcore, badass and manly though?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@mandzilla: Duke Nukem Forever

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2522 Posts

I'm more interested in Serious Sam 4 at the moment, but only because it seems it's being designed around KB/M input, like the first one, which suits me as I'll be playing on PC. Like others have already said, though, the trailer didn't look spectacular, so DOOM will probably do better.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@jeezers: Ahh yes of course.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@sancho_panzer said:

I'm more interested in Serious Sam 4 at the moment, but only because it seems it's being designed around KB/M input, like the first one, which suits me as I'll be playing on PC. Like others have already said, though, the trailer didn't look spectacular, so DOOM will probably do better.

Doom is clearly design with KB/M.

its more faster to play with that.

Loading Video...

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sancho_Panzer

@ghosts4ever: Yes? From what I understood, DOOM was designed initially as a multiplat, which was then adjusted in speed to add a bit more challenge for KB/M players. Don't get me wrong, It's not a bad solution - maybe the best so far, but enemy placement, FOV and attack patterns need to be adjusted too, otherwise it still feels like a console shooter at heart. That's probably not entirely accurate, but it's my take on why traditional PC FPS feels so different from modern multiplat FPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@sancho_panzer said:

@ghosts4ever: Yes? From what I understood, DOOM was designed initially as a multiplat, which was then adjusted in speed to add a bit more challenge for KB/M players. Don't get me wrong, It's not a bad solution - maybe the best so far, but enemy placement, FOV and attack patterns need to be adjusted too, otherwise it still feels like a console shooter at heart. That's probably not entirely accurate, but it's my take on why traditional PC FPS feels so different from modern multiplat FPS.

serious sam 3 feel like COD. with console sprint and aim down the sight.

it was terrible brown and grey generic FPS with aliens.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#17 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I enjoyed SS3 co-op a lot, but the footage of the new one didn't look promising.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sancho_Panzer

@ghosts4ever said:
@sancho_panzer said:

Agreed. SS1, though, was lots of fun, and that was designed originally for KB/M.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@sancho_panzer said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@sancho_panzer said:

Agreed. SS1, though, was lots of fun, and that was designed originally for KB/M.

serious sam and painkiller are psedu old school shooters. they have no level design and you only kill horde of enemies that are only running at you and doing nothing.

Quake and Doom 1/2 didnot had that type of game design. new Doom might be mix of old Doom/Quake and serious sam since it also have arena lockdown but its nowhear near as bad as serious sam and painkiller. for that. shadow warrior 1 did a lot better with having some variation in design.

Doom 2016 was masterpiece but arena lockdown was only problem that need to be eliminated in Doom Eternal.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jackamomo

Doom is brown. Also red-brown, orange-brown and yellow-brown.

There is alot of mouse smoothing in ghosts4eva's clip. Ie. the speed at which you can move is severely limited.

As mentioned above, enemy placement etc. All the things that turn me off Doom 16 will be present in Doom 19.

Also, where is the head bob. For the love of god what do I have to do to get a head bob around here (that is, the camera moves around to simulate the different elevations of the head when walking along).

Corporation, one of the first ever 3d games had this feature and it was key to immersion I feel.

Oh yeah, I think Doom is too gory as well. I get gore and red/brown fatigue just looking at it.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@ghosts4ever said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@sancho_panzer said:

serious sam and painkiller are psedu old school shooters. they have no level design and you only kill horde of enemies that are only running at you and doing nothing.

Quake and Doom 1/2 didnot had that type of game design. new Doom might be mix of old Doom/Quake and serious sam since it also have arena lockdown but its nowhear near as bad as serious sam and painkiller. for that. shadow warrior 1 did a lot better with having some variation in design.

Doom 2016 was masterpiece but arena lockdown was only problem that need to be eliminated in Doom Eternal.

Well, I can't argue with your opinions. I'm glad you enjoy DOOM.

You're absolutely right on SS level design - most of the interesting battles were just enormous open spaces, but that's exactly what made the game fun. SS was generally about managing large waves of enemies, not about the maps themselves. Besides, I kind of liked the ancient Egypt vibe.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jackamomo

@sancho_panzer: Lol - modern Doom is a management game.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sancho_Panzer

@jackamomo: Heh, in a way I guess it is, yeah.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

Doom Eternal cause I need my Heavy Metal ya'know.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@davillain- said:

Doom Eternal cause I need my Heavy Metal ya'know.

Oh actually, yes... forget basically everything I said above. XD

Doom soundtrack literally does make up for all of its shortcomings.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jackamomo

@sancho_panzer: I don't buy new Doom has a good soundtrack. Is generic rock, c'mon. Back in the Doom 1 and 2 at least had the balls to rip off real metal songs and Trent Reznor did the Quake soundtrack.

There's nothing to differentiate the Bethesda Doom from a heavy metal stock song library.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@jackamomo: Nah. It's awesome. It's still got that industrial edge that made early id games great.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I am not following others, though I expect Doom Eternal to be badass. But, if others are badassier, I am sure people will be celebrating it, and if so then I might give these others my time.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jackamomo

@sancho_panzer: well I listened to the Quake soundtrack and it's all ambient noise, not one guitar but quite nice. It played to the end and I didn't really notice.

The Doom16 ost was very polished industrial metal but forgettable although listenable, I got bored of it sooner than the ambient noise of the Quake sound track and it didn't get to play all the way through.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sancho_Panzer

@jackamomo said:

@sancho_panzer: well I listened to the Quake soundtrack and it's all ambient noise, not one guitar but quite nice. It played to the end and I didn't really notice.

The Doom16 ost was very polished industrial metal but forgettable although listenable, I got bored of it sooner than the ambient noise of the Quake sound track and it didn't get to play all the way through.

Well, fair enough - it's no Kenny G, that's for sure, but it does makes for a very good soundtrack to DOOM. Probably best appreciated listening and playing at the same time. Tastes vary though, so you're forgiven if you don't *get* it.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jackamomo

@sancho_panzer: it's industrial metal, whats to get? Some techno thrown in would've been nice though.

Back to the topic though. I don't think you can even compare these two games.

The controls and level design is too radically different.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sancho_Panzer

@jackamomo: I'm kidding. I mean that it's a soundtrack - take it out of context and you can't really expect it to work.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jackamomo

@sancho_panzer: this is way off topic. But you are wrong. Game soundtracks can be excellent to listen to outside the game. More the exception to the rule but take this midi adlib soundtrack from 1992. It's pretty nice. You might want to skip to track 2.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sancho_Panzer

@jackamomo said:

@sancho_panzer: this is way off topic. But you are wrong. Game soundtracks can be excellent to listen to outside the game. More the exception to the rule but take this midi adlib soundtrack from 1992. It's pretty nice. You might want to skip to track 2.

Sure, I'm not saying it's impossible but... this is a good example you've given. I haven't listened to the whole of that track yet, but I'm betting it leaves a bigger impression on you than me because you know the game and the story, and so the soundtrack epitomises something you love about Dune. For me, well... I don't think I ever played Dune... I don't dislike this soundtrack but it probably won't mean much to me until I've played Dune.

It's like... My brother used to ask for film soundtracks for Christmas every year - he loves film and he's a much more accomplished musician than I am, but although our tastes align pretty well, I'd have to give him an appreciative nod and hand him back his earbuds after a minute every Boxing Day because I just couldn't hear what he was hearing without the context.

Damn right we're way off topic now, lol.