Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts
@ajstyles said:

The game is overrated trash. Same with all the souls/blood borne games. From software is one of the worst developers of all time. Armoured Core was always a terrible series because of the stupidly high difficulty.

Those games are broken AF and it’s the only reason they are “difficult”.

I can’t believe the gaming “journalists” actually convinced a generation of gamers that these insanely broken games are “fun”. Dying and failing a million times is not fun.

Terrible games.

They don’t even have the decency to add an easy mode in any of their games which means they are losing out on potentially 10 times the sales.

These games suck.

4/10 at best if you are a masochist.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@that_old_guy said:

@ghosts4ever: Witcher 3 is an RPG.

If you didn’t want to play an Game with RPG elements then you shouldn’t have played an RPG.

That’s on you.

Funny thing is that he used to really love and talk up The Witcher 2 back in the Gametrailers days. Now, suddenly, it's mediocre.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

IGN review: “It may be a bit easier than a Souls game”

??? nit sure if true. Im sure from software say its twice hard than souls.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Holy Christ is this game an absolute train wreck on my PC. Boots up, then the screen turns bright green (as if my monitor is on the out), then when I try to play I get 10 FPS, if that. I quit out, and my monitor remains green and I need to reboot to fix. Win 64, 16 gigs, 1070. Trying to update my drivers to the latest, hope this fixes it. If not looks like I'll need to refund and pick it up on consoles. I've never had a PC game do something like this before, this is nuts, I was half-expecting sparks to fly out the back of my rig.

EDIT: Well updating my driver solved the green screen, but the game's still being dragged through the mud. 10 FPS or less. This is strange, I've heard of lesser builds than mine easily getting 1080 60 maxed. Shit, might have to get the console version if I can't find a solution online. :( I hope Steam will refund me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@that_old_guy said:

@ghosts4ever: Witcher 3 is an RPG.

If you didn’t want to play an Game with RPG elements then you shouldn’t have played an RPG.

That’s on you.

Funny thing is that he used to really love and talk up The Witcher 2 back in the Gametrailers days. Now, suddenly, it's mediocre.

witcher 2 was fine only because of lore but gameplay was mediocre. its witcher 3 that really really suck.

you know when someone try a game first time. they really liked it but more play and more exposed.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Good to hear. I was going to pick this game up either way. Also, I'll take the comments about the game's difficulty from reviewers with a grain of salt. Typically what is "hard" to a lot of these reviewers is just normal difficulty for games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

the combat looks fun and fluid. finally a third person action game that is not cinematic enough or having bunch of QTEs. no RPG is plus so I wont be engage in some long boring dialogues ala witcher 3.

I feel the RPG mechanics are a weakness for Souls, so I'm glad FromSoft eliminated the RPG mechanics for Sekiro.

In the grand scheme of things, nah. RPG mechanics work out fine in Dark Souls. They offer build variation, add something different to the pvp, and effectively provide an easy mode on some level/another way to make the game harder. Since level 1 runs are viable. No one is going to mistake the combat for DMC (or well they shouldn't), but the strength of that combat has never been player side, but more so how it leverages depth from enemy designs, positioning, enemy placement, n level design as a whole.

It is nice to see From try to flex their muscle more in an action game set up again since Otogi. Especially after Nioh's additions to their type of game, mopping the floor with Souls combat.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MirkoS77

Game’s legit good fun. Hard, but fun. Driver update fixed the green screen, and the framerate problem stems from having an additional screen plugged in. It sucks to have to manually unplug my main monitor to play on my TV, hopefully FROM will have a patch out soon for this. HDR is also screwed initially until alt-tabbing out and back in.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Looks really cool, challenging but outstanding. Enjoy and best of luck to all of you who pick it up, remember to keep a stress ball nearby!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

*PC problems*

User error.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

Holy Christ is this game an absolute train wreck on my PC. Boots up, then the screen turns bright green (as if my monitor is on the out), then when I try to play I get 10 FPS, if that. I quit out, and my monitor remains green and I need to reboot to fix. Win 64, 16 gigs, 1070. Trying to update my drivers to the latest, hope this fixes it. If not looks like I'll need to refund and pick it up on consoles. I've never had a PC game do something like this before, this is nuts, I was half-expecting sparks to fly out the back of my rig.

EDIT: Well updating my driver solved the green screen, but the game's still being dragged through the mud. 10 FPS or less. This is strange, I've heard of lesser builds than mine easily getting 1080 60 maxed. Shit, might have to get the console version if I can't find a solution online. :( I hope Steam will refund me.

It defaulted to 4K on my HTPC in the living room. That's a bit more than the GTX1060 can handle. I was getting 20-30 fps.

Switched to 1080p and it runs at a smooth 60fps and still looks gorgeous.

Win 64, 8GB, 1060, i3-6100 - Pretty low spec HTPC

I'm using the March 5th 'Game Ready Driver' 419.35.

I hope you can get it running properly because the controls are silky smooth at 60fps on PC and apparently all the console versions have bad frame pacing issues like BloodBorne.

I'm going to try it later on my main rig and see if the frame rate will go up to 144.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Dont like frustratingly hard games so pass

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lundy86_4

Definitely waiting for my 2080. My 1070 runs the game maxed a 4K between 35 and 45fps. Too low for me.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

And you can actually pause the game! Imagine that!

Oh, what? This doesn't have raiding and online help? I havne't got my copy yet!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#67 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

In the grand scheme of things, nah. RPG mechanics work out fine in Dark Souls. They offer build variation, add something different to the pvp, and effectively provide an easy mode on some level/another way to make the game harder. Since level 1 runs are viable. No one is going to mistake the combat for DMC (or well they shouldn't), but the strength of that combat has never been player side, but more so how it leverages depth from enemy designs, positioning, enemy placement, n level design as a whole.

It is nice to see From try to flex their muscle more in an action game set up again since Otogi. Especially after Nioh's additions to their type of game, mopping the floor with Souls combat.

While Dark Souls implemented the RPG mechanics well, what I meant is that Dark Souls could've been a better game without the RPG mechanics. And that's the impression I get from Sekiro.

Avatar image for swaggedoutsquirtle
SwaggedOutSquirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SwaggedOutSquirtle
Member since 2018 • 42 Posts

Miyazaki has done it again so far the game is everything I want out of a souls type game, Atmosphere, excellent world design, fluid combat, and challenging.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MirkoS77

@Epak_ said:
@MirkoS77 said:

*PC problems*

User error.

Having to unplug a second monitor to be able to play the game at anything above 10 FPS....developer error. No native DS4 controller support without workarounds required.....developer error.

The driver I'll admit to, but this game is still not in the best of shape on release, especially with such an obvious and inconvenient problem that would've taken 5 minutes to fix which FROM more that likely were aware of.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MirkoS77

@pyro1245 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

It defaulted to 4K on my HTPC in the living room. That's a bit more than the GTX1060 can handle. I was getting 20-30 fps.

Switched to 1080p and it runs at a smooth 60fps and still looks gorgeous.

Win 64, 8GB, 1060, i3-6100 - Pretty low spec HTPC

I'm using the March 5th 'Game Ready Driver' 419.35.

I hope you can get it running properly because the controls are silky smooth at 60fps on PC and apparently all the console versions have bad frame pacing issues like BloodBorne.

I'm going to try it later on my main rig and see if the frame rate will go up to 144.

Reading the ResetERA PC performance thread, it's been having all kinds of issues. People are having the same problem I was except their screens were turning pink on certain resolutions. Luckily a driver update fixed my problem and now it runs at a solid 60/1080 which is good enough for me. I'll try to bump it up later tonight to see how much burden my 1070 can bear.

Yea, you have a pretty outdated CPU, surprised it runs so well. I'm not picking up the console versions, not after experiencing this FPS. I couldn't play this at lesser than 60, in this type of game it's almost mandated. Now I just need to get my DS4 working through DS4Windows and I'm good to go.

Do you know of any tool that can let me see the framerate I'm getting while I play?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

another souls game another 10.

nothing new.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

And you can actually pause the game! Imagine that!

Really? Finally.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@MirkoS77: steam overlay has fps counter

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@MirkoS77: Steam has a built-in frame rate counter if you have the overlay enabled.

Settings > In-Game -> In-Game FPS Counter

You can choose the position it appears in.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Gets a 9 out of 10, and nobody will buy it.

Niche game.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Yeah I'm not really disappointed by that sounds like thtey are on the right point with all that.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Been playing it for a few hours so far and frankly it's garbage, combat has no depth and is boring and the stealth is awful.

It like the Souls/tenchu ugly stepchild nobody wants.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I think for me I just don't have the money really right now for another game plus some unin unfinished ones but this I guess should be up there...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#79 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@cainetao11: hehe sounds like one of those games that if you beat it, you can brag about it. Unless the Gamespot reviewer's idea of difficult is not the same as mine....I haven't really checked out any other reviews.

Well Ive been playing it and its difficult. The combat is very much about deflecting to create an opening. Reg enemies can then be killed, stronger enemies need to have it done to them more than once. And their attacks vary in timing and speed and then there are the ubdeflectables that you either dodge, jump or intercept. It is the best and combat this gen so far imo.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cainetao11

@ajstyles said:

The game is overrated trash. Same with all the souls/blood borne games. From software is one of the worst developers of all time. Armoured Core was always a terrible series because of the stupidly high difficulty.

Those games are broken AF and it’s the only reason they are “difficult”.

I can’t believe the gaming “journalists” actually convinced a generation of gamers that these insanely broken games are “fun”. Dying and failing a million times is not fun.

Terrible games.

They don’t even have the decency to add an easy mode in any of their games which means they are losing out on potentially 10 times the sales.

These games suck.

4/10 at best if you are a masochist.

Lmao

Waaaaahhhh I need to be good in 20 minutes!! Waaaaahhhhh!!!

Nothing is broken in this game. But obviously your spirit was broken by From Software LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lundy86_4

Grabbed my 2080, and it runs 4K at a locked 60. Gonna get into it tomorrow and see how it goes.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By lundy86_4

@MirkoS77 said:

Reading the ResetERA PC performance thread, it's been having all kinds of issues. People are having the same problem I was except their screens were turning pink on certain resolutions.

I got that at 4K, and a new 2080... I think it might not be playing nice with HDR, as I then tested DMC5 and RE2 and they did the same thing. When you quit out it also screws up the desktop and looks all fuzzy.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@cainetao11: Cool, sounds like something that can challenge me, good to know

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MirkoS77

@lundy86_4: I’ve heard that HDR is glitchy. It doesn’t work on initial boot up, but if you enable it, alt-tab out, then alt tab in it fixes it. I turned it off as it looks a bit washed out to me.

Don’t know about 4K though, after my driver update all resolutions look good.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lundy86_4

@MirkoS77: I think it may have been a TV issue. It works with HDR on and off now at 4K. New TV, so still getting used to it.

As for the quality of the HDR, yeah, it's super washed out. I need to see some proper implementation still, but non-HDR is far more vibrant.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Pretty slick opening, nice atmosphere

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MirkoS77

@Alucard_Prime: I was the equivalent of a five pump chump with the (very) opening boss from the prelude.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@lundy86_4: does the HDR look as washed out as Monster Hunter World?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lundy86_4

@Black96Z: I've actually not tested MHW yet. It is pretty damn bad in Sekiro compared to non-HDR.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

While Dark Souls implemented the RPG mechanics well, what I meant is that Dark Souls could've been a better game without the RPG mechanics. And that's the impression I get from Sekiro.

mmmmm hard to say. Might not have crossed over without them, and rpg's add their own dynamics on replays n such, as someone who will wildly lean towards the action game end of the spectrum, I think Souls and Nioh have genuine benefits from their RPG systems. Tho in Nioh's case making the gear loot game centric was not a wise move. Even if its a completely redundant aspect of the experience.

Tho from my understanding, I need to really get around to trying out Kingdom Hearts 2 and learning all the fun stuff you can do with that battle system, because apparently I've been selling it short. So maybe Japan as they are with action games, just now how to make more interesting action rpgs. Those YS games for instance make good on that top down zelda styled combat.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#91 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@true_link said:

Who wants to bet ghosts will come back here a few weeks later saying the game is overrated and not atmospheric enough?

lol

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@Epak_ said:
@MirkoS77 said:

*PC problems*

User error.

Having to unplug a second monitor to be able to play the game at anything above 10 FPS....developer error. No native DS4 controller support without workarounds required.....developer error.

The driver I'll admit to, but this game is still not in the best of shape on release, especially with such an obvious and inconvenient problem that would've taken 5 minutes to fix which FROM more that likely were aware of.

It was a sort of a joke. All I hear nowadays is how everything is automated on the PC side and everything just works, it's like magic.

@Black96Z said:

@lundy86_4: does the HDR look as washed out as Monster Hunter World?

It's not a Capcom game, so no. DMC5 was a bit better, but it has that grey look which RE2 had too.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#93 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69457 Posts

I am on the fence with this game. On one hand I will like to try on the other hand I feel like I am getting conned into another overrated Dark Souls game where the joy of the game is heavily routed in bragging rights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@Pedro: I have the same doubt regarding the purchase, but there seems to be a rather interesting story, world and lore attached to it. Also the enemy types have a decent amount of variation. But dieing a lot is inevitable, at least in this game dieing is also a gameplay mechanism.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#95 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69457 Posts

@jahnee said:

@Pedro: I have the same doubt regarding the purchase, but there seems to be a rather interesting story, world and lore attached to it. Also the enemy types have a decent amount of variation. But dieing a lot is inevitable, at least in this game dieing is also a gameplay mechanism.

Dying is fine. Dying because of shitty controls and/or mechanics is not. I am still trying to determine the later.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cainetao11

@lundy86_4: not trying start a fight but reading your and Mirkos posts is why I don’t upgrade my PC or want to play there. Would be nice to have 4K/60 but I prefer being able to play the game in 4K hdr without ever needing to do anything but press start.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cainetao11

@MirkoS77: how are you doing with the giant? He isn’t all that difficult but I didn’t take out the spear samurai before engaging so I lost.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By lundy86_4

@cainetao11: It was an issue with my TV. Apparently, when you switch cables on the Q8FN, it stops using HDR on that input for some bizarre reason. However, Sekiro still looks super washed out with HDR on. Hopefully they fix it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MirkoS77

@cainetao11: Well Ive been playing it and its difficult. The combat is very much about deflecting to create an opening. Reg enemies can then be killed, stronger enemies need to have it done to them more than once. And their attacks vary in timing and speed and then there are the ubdeflectables that you either dodge, jump or intercept. It is the best and combat this gen so far imo.

Agreed. I'm loving the intimate exchanges of combat, they're intense, especially because the penalties are so severe. For all I've criticized FROM's games in the past, I don't mind the difficulty here because it compliments the nature of and the time period the combat existed in. It feels very much like you'd expect sword fighting in feudal Japan to, where real duels were extremely brief and lethal. I can't help but think of and desire a new Bushido Blade while playing this.

@Epak_: It was a sort of a joke. All I hear nowadays is how everything is automated on the PC side and everything just works, it's like magic.

I was so surprised with my issues because, to the PC's credit, gaming on it usually works right off the bat so it was surprising to me to see so many problems at release. Got it working now though, although having to disconnect my monitor is incredibly annoying every time I want to play on my 4K TV. Finally got my DS4 working though which is far better than the Xbox controller.

@cainetao11: Not trying start a fight but reading your and Mirkos posts is why I don’t upgrade my PC or want to play there. Would be nice to have 4K/60 but I prefer being able to play the game in 4K hdr without ever needing to do anything but press start.

Yea, unfortunately PC sometimes takes a bit of research and tweaking to get things running, but the payoff vs. consoles is easily worth the effort. I wouldn't want to be playing this at 30 FPS in a lower resolution, for convenience's sake or otherwise. Usually a bit of googling is all that's needed, it's rare to see a game today where its problems cannot be fixed with usually minimal effort.

@cainetao11: How are you doing with the giant? He isn’t all that difficult but I didn’t take out the spear samurai before engaging so I lost.

You mean the Ogre? I haven't gotten to him yet but hear he's tough. I've been mostly grinding to level up, upgrade abilities, and to hone my skills. I suck at these games. Where I'm at now is where the cannon fires at you on the road after you find that lady that gives you that thing you place at the Buddha statue to travel to a past memory. At the very beginning. Right now I'm just trying to find a way to alleviate Dragon rot. Need a scale and to find that dude in a barrel.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#100  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

This is the first game to make me scream 'Get ****ED' when I manage to kill a boss.

Good game though.