SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

https://za.ign.com/project-judge-ps4/130604/news/judgment-actor-replaced-for-western-release-still-launching

Judgment, the next game from the developers of the Yakuza franchise, will have the character model and Japanese voice of Kyohei Hamura adjusted for the Western release following the arrest of the character's voice actor for alleged drug use, but the release date will not change.

SEGA has also announced that all screenshots and trailers featuring Hamura have been temporarily removed from its official channels and it will be updating these and bringing them back in the future.

This news broke earlier this month when Hamura voice actor Pierre Taki was arrested and confessed to using a small amount of cocaine. If Taki is prosecuted, he could face up to seven years in prison for the offense.

Due to these developments, SEGA stopped all sales of Judgment in Japan, stopped promoting the game online, and all relevant tweets by SEGA's official Twitter were deleted.

There is no word on when Judgment will be back on store shelves and digital marketplaces in Japan, but considering SEGA isn't pushing the release date of Judgment in the West, hopefully it won't be too long until it is available for purchase again for those who are looking forward to this Yakuza spinoff title.

The game still expected to make its release date though. I also find it interesting that they halted shipments of the Japanese version due to the arrest. Your thoughts, SW? Would you have cared if they had not made any changes to the game?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Meh. I understand them not wanting to be associated, but it's not really a big deal to me. I don't go out of my way to find the voice actors, and learn everything about them.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts
Loading Video...

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

I mean it's dumb, but that's how they deal with drug use in Japan. Everyone was worried that it was going to get delayed, or downright cancelled in the west, so Judgment coming out on time is really the best case scenario for us.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Don't care for the change in judgement since I have yet to play it, but it sucks for yakuza 4 remaster which I won't be getting.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Well personally I wouldn’t really care too much about that but drug use is a serious offence in Japan and it’s their game so if they want to make those changes to it then that’s their right to do so.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

It would be kind of fitting for a drug-dealing character to be played by a drug-dealing actor.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

This is honestly no big deal either way.