Sega falls further into the ditch. New Sonic Unleased Wolf Teaser...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168662

:cry: Why, Sega? Why...?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Sega ruin it again! How does this fit in at all with earlier gameplay that looks all bright and happy though. Looks like the intro to Resi 1 but with less bad acting.
wallsy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wallsy9
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts

Hahahaha, I actually kinda liked that; it reminded me of the crappy 90s Sega adverts for the Megadrive. So corny.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Ill wait to see the gameplay.....the day time stuff looked very promising...
ultralesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 ultralesus
Member since 2007 • 917 Posts

I liked it... But I've lernt never to get my hopes up over a Sonic game. Love how the announcer said cities all over the world and yet all the footage was clearly Tokyo.

JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts

Sonic died a long time ago my friend....

He died after Sonic CD and Sonic and Knuckles. Some gamers claim to have seen him on the Dreamcast and even on the Nintendo DS, but these are just ghost stories. Everyone knows he never made it past the 16 bit era.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
ive said this game will be bad from the start, the gameplay looks like you arnt even in control of the game, it's sonic on rails and you just press left, right and jump and certain times so you dont fall into a ditch......
Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I liked it... But I've lernt never to get my hopes up over a Sonic game. Love how the announcer said cities all over the world and yet all the footage was clearly Tokyo.

ultralesus
Nope, there was footage of other cities, such as Singapore (I noticed the CBD skyline of Singapore) in the video. There was also clips of Jakarta, Indonesia.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Didn't look bad actually.
splinter-OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 splinter-OP
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

Is Sega out of their minds? First they give us the awesome first trailer with 2D gameplay (finally), and then they give us this! Is Sega trying to make us hate them?

There is definitely something haunting us at night, and it these crappy Sonic games.

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
I don't get how this ruins anything, at least they didn't add 5000 more characters like they have been in the past. Its not like there was ever a story to follow or anything. Its just another gameplay mechanic.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

This is one of the things I hate about the recent 3D Sonic games.

The dark tone, taking place in the real world. :|

You would think by now Sonic Team had learned a thing or two about making a dark Sonic game.

wallsy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wallsy9

ive said this game will be bad from the start, the gameplay looks like you arnt even in control of the game, it's sonic on rails and you just press left, right and jump and certain times so you dont fall into a ditch......bigLLL

Like all of the other Sonic games in existance.

When I was a kid, I never got to play a Sega machine. My dad bought the NES and SNES, and none of my friends were really into video games, unfortunately. I played the original Sonic games at the same time as some of the newer ones and bigLLL's criticism actually holds true for the early games. Theyre still good, but that is their one flaw; sometimes, you dont have a clue whats going on, and the whole thing feels like its on rails, and you just need to jump every now and then.

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#14 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

[QUOTE="bigLLL"]ive said this game will be bad from the start, the gameplay looks like you arnt even in control of the game, it's sonic on rails and you just press left, right and jump and certain times so you dont fall into a ditch......wallsy9

When I was a kid, I never got to play a Sega machine. My dad bought the NES and SNES, and none of my friends were really into video games, unfortunately. I played the original Sonic games at the same time as some of the newer ones and bigLLL's criticism actually holds true for the early games. Theyre still good, but that is their one flaw; sometimes, you dont have a clue whats going on, and the whole thing feels like its on rails, and you just need to jump every now and then.

So its exactly like every other old school platformer? Oh no...
xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxastrocreepxx
Member since 2008 • 810 Posts

Just hire the old team sonic back. Get rid of these yiffing retards that come up with this junk. Each sonic game is like bad fanfic turned into a game. What they should do is just make a Sonic 4 like Capcom did Megaman 9. How hard would that be to **** up? Wait this is team sonic, I'm sure they are very willing and able to mess up even a simple 16bit side scroller. God damn do I hate team sonic.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

[QUOTE="bigLLL"]ive said this game will be bad from the start, the gameplay looks like you arnt even in control of the game, it's sonic on rails and you just press left, right and jump and certain times so you dont fall into a ditch......wallsy9

You didn't play the original ones the fun way. I prefer to play them in a normal way, I think they would've been better without the speed, or just have short segments with speed in them because what was really good about the Sonix games (and Ristar another game they made) was the different heights. the fact you can play the same level 10 times and take a different overall route each time, SEGA doesn't seem to realise that's what was so fun, not the speed at all.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#17 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

great job sega:|

so is sonic now going to be stuck somewhere between good and evil?

Why is it so hard just to get a standard, quality sonic game?

wallsy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wallsy9
[QUOTE="wallsy9"]

[QUOTE="bigLLL"]ive said this game will be bad from the start, the gameplay looks like you arnt even in control of the game, it's sonic on rails and you just press left, right and jump and certain times so you dont fall into a ditch......falconclan

So its exactly like every other old school platformer? Oh no...

Sorry, what?

[QUOTE="wallsy9"]

[QUOTE="bigLLL"]ive said this game will be bad from the start, the gameplay looks like you arnt even in control of the game, it's sonic on rails and you just press left, right and jump and certain times so you dont fall into a ditch......bobbetybob

You didn't play the original ones the fun way. I prefer to play them in a normal way, I think they would've been better without the speed, or just have short segments with speed in them because what was really good about the Sonix games (and Ristar another game they made) was the different heights. the fact you can play the same level 10 times and take a different overall route each time, SEGA doesn't seem to realise that's what was so fun, not the speed at all.

You have a fair point there, you have made me want to back through them again. :P

I dont want anyone to get me wrong, I still loved the games even after playing them for the first time years later. They hold up so well, the graphics are superb, the music is excellent and it certainly doesnt feel clunky like some of the other stuff around at the time.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
Who's bright idea was it to make this crappy trailer? And I was all hyped up after the High Europe Trailer, too. :cry:
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Looks like the intro to Resi 1 but with less bad acting.bobbetybob

You mean it's just not as awesome?

This is one of the things I hate about the recent 3D Sonic games.

The dark tone, taking place in the real world. :|

magiciandude

One of the current themes that I despise as well in the series. As for the trailer, there isn't much to say really. If it was a critique targeted on the gameplay like I expected... There just isn't much here to base our opinions upon.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Amd here I thought this new onic was going to be great :(
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#22 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

What is the matter with SEGA I didn't understand this trailer at all. I feel another dissapointing Sonic title.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
was that supposed to be funny or serious cuz it looks like a joke
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
Amd here I thought this new onic was going to be great :(Gh0st_Of_0nyx
This.
Cellpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cellpwn
Member since 2007 • 1052 Posts

Why Sega, why?!

EDIT: Opps, that's exactly what the OP said, how about this:

The game was looking so promising :(

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts

Why Sega, why?!

Cellpwn
I think they want to fail on purpose
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
I'm not getting my hopes to high on this game. The last 3 Sonic games haven't been all that good. SEGA needs to get back on the ball. We need some more inovative games from SEGA. I'm love to see a sequel to Toy Commander that was on the Dreamcast. That game was cool. Where is Shenmue 3 and Daytona U.S.A. with 16 players online?
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
[QUOTE="Cellpwn"]

Why Sega, why?!

murat8
I think they want to fail on purpose

:lol:
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
System Wars would have been boring during the Nintendo/Sega generations
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Who's bright idea was it to make this crappy trailer? And I was all hyped up after the High Europe Trailer, too. :cry:VanHelsingBoA64
It was Uwe Boll bright idea for the trailer
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#31 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
i dont know what to make of it really I still like sonic but I stop playing them after the 16 bit era.......ever notice we dont refer to bits anymore LMAO!!
ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
I can't believe how much QQ you people are putting up over a teaser with no gameplay in it. That's worst than the people QQ'ing over COD5.
aldez17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aldez17
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
I dont know what all of you are basing these opinions on. For all we know, the wolf gameplay could be really fun. Judging the game based on a teaser just seems silly.
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts
Nothing in this trailer gives reason to bash it. They were trying to be funny, based on the gameplay videos it looks great and I'm hoping Sonic Unleashed makes me feel like I'm playing on my Sega Genesis again.