Seems like there are some REALLY stupid people out there who.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rogue_leader_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rogue_leader_5
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

criticize the Wii's graphics capabilities.  Nintendo already has said that it would not be about graphics and they were taking a different route.  I see people like Robbie Bach who are bashing the Wii's graphics ability.  He should look at how the Wii is trouncing the 360 in sales than say stupid things like this.

Just like the Vonage commercial says...."Sometimes people do stupid things" 

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
the main problem with the power of the wii is that it will not have the great multiplats that both 360 and PS3 will get. Wii still seems like fun, and I will get one at some point. But it is for sure my 2ndary system. If you buy the Wii and only the Wii missing all the great multiplats like RE5, GTA4, APF2k8, VF5, DMC4, etc has to hurt ...
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
Graphics matter period ... but not being able to get tons of multiplat games because of the lack of power matters more.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.Sooshy
yeah and it didn't work, lol. different ROUTE remember?
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.Sooshy

What's so funny about it. Their experimenting on something new.  Though the wii-mote is not really responsive or too sensitive. At least they are trying something new to see what works. (couldve been better)

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Gameplay isn't neccessarily the ends all for some people. Different things turn different people on. Thats why masochists exist. You can't say that gameplay > graphics 100% of the time. For me, I'd rather be engaged by stunning visual and audio then gameplay. For the most part, gameplay on the Wii at the momment is rather shallow. Before you pull the fun card, raelize fun is subjective.
ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ShmenonPie
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

What people are saying is the Wii is a poorly pulled off, shoddy gimmick with no good games, and the amount of 'I'm selling my Wii cos it got boring' threads you see are unbelievable. Why would a casual who bought Wii Sportsbuy decent games like Need For Speed or Mortal Kombat? They wouldn't, as it's a pathetic kiddie console.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.Oroin

What's so funny about it. Their experimenting on something new. Though the wii-mote is not really responsive or too sensitive. At least they are trying something new to see what works. (couldve been better)

It's funny because they pushed how important graphics are, and now they're taking an entirely different route. I guess all the graphics crap was all BS, how do you know all the new gameplay crap isn't BS as well?
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts
[QUOTE="Oroin"]

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.Sooshy

What's so funny about it. Their experimenting on something new. Though the wii-mote is not really responsive or too sensitive. At least they are trying something new to see what works. (couldve been better)

It's funny because they pushed how important graphics are, and now they're taking an entirely different route. I guess all the graphics crap was all BS, how do you know all the new gameplay crap isn't BS as well?

Don't know. I wish they didn't have to sacrifice graphics for a different way of gameplay. but probably Nintendo next console will go back to focusing on graphics. Right now I think their just experimenting.

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
every company changes a products meaning changes what they want it to be nothing wrong with nintendo changing route. And wii is a fun system cheap dont see any reason not to have one.
wergfwefwef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 wergfwefwef
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

criticize the Wii's graphics capabilities.  Nintendo already has said that it would not be about graphics and they were taking a different route.  I see people like Robbie Bach who are bashing the Wii's graphics ability.  He should look at how the Wii is trouncing the 360 in sales than say stupid things like this.

rogue_leader_5

who cares about sales. wii is a fad. crackdown has sold god knoes how many copies, but crackdown didnt get very good reviews and lots of people complain about its replay value. but it sold alot so does that make it great? no, its for stupid reasons like paying 60 dollars for the halo 3 beta, which in about 6 months will be pointless because its a fad...

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I think it should keep Wii fans in check when they actually make comparison threads like Red Steel vs. Halo 3, and Ratchet and Clank vs. Super Mario galaxy. I absolutely do not take Wii fans serious. Anyone who does is kinda silly.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="rogue_leader_5"]

wergfwefwef

who cares about sales. wii is a fad. crackdown has sold god knoes how many copies, but crackdown didnt get very good reviews and lots of people complain about its replay value. but it sold alot so does that make it great? no, its for stupid reasons like paying 60 dollars for the halo 3 beta, which in about 6 months will be pointless because its a fad...

*cough* Wasn't the Wii fad suppose to die at Mid-February anyways? 

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tungsten88
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts
It's just an excuse not to spend time developing good graphics. The Wii could do it, just those lazy devs....
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts

Graphics... and teh analog stick!!

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tungsten88
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts

I think it should keep Wii fans in check when they actually make comparison threads like Red Steel vs. Halo 3, and Ratchet and Clank vs. Super Mario galaxy. I absolutely do not take Wii fans serious. Anyone who does is kinda silly.shungokustasu

I second that. 

wergfwefwef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wergfwefwef
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
nintendo has been doing this for many systems. They try to take something out of the ordinary hoping to spark some revolutionary new generation. They are all just fads....Each time such as the gamecube with its tiny discs, actually made it so it cant play music or DVDs like all the other consoles, now the motion sensors cut it off from big franchise games such as UT3, GTA4, Guitar Hero 2. Also there arent any decent racing games or First person shooters as there is many on PS3 and 360. I strongly believe that game selection is the most important point in consoles because the console has many great features but if there arent any games to take advantage of those features, then what does that mean??
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts

It's just an excuse not to spend time developing good graphics. The Wii could do it, just those lazy devs....Tungsten88

Not lazy. Just a bit overworked. You have to understand that a lot of them probably work under an insane amount of pressure. Blame the higher ups and management - not the devs.

Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts

rogue_leader_5

I have to agree with you. Good graphics are not everything. Gameplay should be first. But for me the Wii hasn't shown enough pratical usage of the Wiimote. I am waiting for Metroid to see if they can handle it, but i'm still sceptical. Referring Bach: forget him he is a MS-boy, of course he will bash the Wii!

rogue_leader_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogue_leader_5
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
The real point is that Nintendo stated all along that the graphics will not be up to the same level as the 360/PS3.  So wy is everyone bashing the Wii?
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
not sure leader its kinda crazy. i could be playing wow. but i come here to defend all the systems for some reason dont understand why its not like they have any feelings dcm=total loser.
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emawk
Member since 2004 • 1820 Posts
[QUOTE="Sooshy"][QUOTE="Oroin"]

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.Oroin

Don't know. I wish they didn't have to sacrifice graphics for a different way of gameplay. but probably Nintendo next console will go back to focusing on graphics. Right now I think their just experimenting.

Nintendo didn't have to sacrifice anything. They had more than enough money to give you guys both. Simply put, they're taking you guys for suckers.

darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts

mi mi mi here mi mi i am one of them....

sipideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerman spideeeeeeeeeeerman the mighty Wii for sipideeeeeerman

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emawk

mi mi mi here mi mi i am one of them....

sipideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerman spideeeeeeeeeeerman the mighty Wii for sipideeeeeerman

darcom1

You're a sucker?

-JayWong-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -JayWong-
Member since 2006 • 1703 Posts
HOW is it stupid that games expect things to NOT take a step BACKWARDS?  We saw games like Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, FZero and Zelda and said, "hey, Wii's graphical capabilities wont be bad"  but it looks sub PS2 quality.  I dont doubt that its the developer problem, but if the console has a similar archetecture to last gen, it shouldnt be as hard to squeeze great lookign games out of it.

What IS stupid, is when someone judges a console's quality by their sales.
O_OdazX_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 O_OdazX_X
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

It's funny how the ps2 was the least powerful and had all games and now all of a sudden games don't matter but power does. 

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 emawk

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.O_OdazX_X

It's funny how the ps2 was the least powerful and had all games and now all of a sudden games don't matter but power does.

I don't really hear many PS3 owners saying that. Most of their arguments are something along the lines of "The PS3 might not have the games now, but you just wait untill games like (insert name of games here) come out...they you'll see"

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
i understand wii is not about the graphics but i mean sheep say its stronger than the xbox yet i havent seen anything that could hold a candle to the xbox.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
[QUOTE="O_OdazX_X"]

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]It's just funny that they were all about graphics with the N64, and now all of a sudden graphics don't matter.emawk

I don't really hear many PS3 owners saying that. Most of their arguments are something along the lines of "The PS3 might not have the games now, but you just wait untill games like (insert name of games here) come out...they you'll see"

well all i see "look at the graphics of MGS4 and look at the graphics of lair, it owns gears" lol and you never hear anything about the actual game cows are hypocrites they never said anything about graphics last gen and now the ps3 is superior because it has better graphics than the 360