uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

That guy who dies alot and was in Oblivion, and seems to be acting like Alec Trevelyan in this trailer, will be taking memes to the next financially lucrative level.

Sean Bean will be first Elusive Target in Hitman 2

The original assassin's, our bald friend Agent 47 will be sneak into our consoles and PC just a few days later. The Hitman 2 will be improve the gameplay mechanics, graphics and story after the first reboot of the series in 2016.

Sean Bean in Hitman 2

And today, a new trailer released which show the first Elusive Target of the game. The famous Hollywood actor, Sean Bean. You can watch the new trailer which shows Sean Bean below:

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Man he got fat. He should have been murdered in the first part of the advert.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

Dudes almost 60 now.

I thought it was pretty good actually, love cheesy FMV's from the 90's, and Hitman seems to be one of the few games still using "live action" trailers.

I wish he was the main villain, if he's just going to be Alec Trevelyan, great. Hitman series is about the closest thing to a good Bond game these days.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jackamomo

The thing is, here's what I thinkof the Hitman games: they're creepy.

Since I booted the first game up I remember thinking, I feel very weird pretending to be this bald emotionless professional killer with a barcode on his head.

It was one of the first of the 'dark wave' of the entertainment industry. Now it seems quite tame.

But the setting felt kind of empty and devoid of life and atmosphere to me.

There weren't many textures on the first game so environments were cold and the plot left me feeling like I would be a pretty strange person to relish doing all this garroting in these sterile stip lit offices and warehouses.

I played a more recent one and the environments were far more populated and lush, it was one where you start in a mansion in the mountains in Mexico or something.

The gameplay was quite good but it still felt a bit of a pointless romp, just moving from one guy to the next because you're being told to.

I'm sure there's a really interesting story but I just felt like my character is just a dick and the gameplay is only really average.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

Since I booted the first game up I remember thinking, I feel very weird pretending to be this bald emotionless professional killer with a barcode on his head.

It was one of the first of the 'dark wave' of the entertainment industry. Now it seems quite tame.

There weren't many textures on the first game so environments were cold and the plot left me feeling like I would be a pretty strange person to relish doing all this garroting in these sterile stip lit offices and warehouses.

I played a more recent one and the environments were far more populated and lush, it was one where you start in a mansion in the mountains in Mexico or something.

The gameplay was quite good but it still felt a bit of a pointless romp, just moving from one guy to the next because you're being told to.

I'm sure there's a really interesting story but I just felt like my character is just a dick and the gameplay is only really average.

That's why I like Hitman: Contracts the most. It doesn't attempt to make him more of a heroic anti-hero with triumphant orchestra music like 1/2. It's much closer to something like Taxi Driver where you are playing a straight up psycho on the fringe of society, dealing with other pieces of shit. Tonally wise, that's always been the most interesting game imo.

-

Gameplay wise, it's James Bond in the sense of globe trotting, gadgets, disguises (which he does use in the books and IHMSS). Hiding in plain site and finding the puzzle set down for the player to trigger has always been fun as heck, more so than going down the more boring run-and-gun.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@jackamomo said:

That's why I like Hitman: Contracts the most. It doesn't attempt to make him far less of a heroic anti-hero with triumphant orchestra music like 1/2. It's much closer to something like Taxi Driver where you are playing a straight up psycho on the fringe of society, dealing with other pieces of shit. Tonally wise, that's always been the most interesting game imo.

-

Gameplay wise, it's James Bond in the sense of globe trotting, gadgets, disguises (which he does use in the books and IHMSS). Hiding in plain site and finding the puzzle set down for the player to trigger has always been fun as heck, more so than going down the more boring run-and-gun.

Also the single Hitman mission is more creative than entire assassins creed series.

Hitman is Excellent series minus original and absolution. every game has been amazing in series.

kinda sad this Hitman 2 is copy paste of Reboot with little change but on other hand 2016 reboot save the series after disaster absolution.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts
@Yams1980 said:
@jackamomo said:

thats fat? wtf? He's barely overweight at all if any for his age.

He's not even remotely fat. Really weird comment from jackamomo.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts
@jackamomo said:

I've barely played any Hitman but I believe the game's story is pretty much irrelevant. It's all about the gameplay. Figuring out whatever smart way you can to eliminate your targets, taking advantage of the mechanics and AI along the way. The Hitman games encourage replayability as you keep discovering new imaginative ways to assassinate your targets. I think these games cater mostly to a specific group of people willing to explore its map and discover all the hidden opportunities and details.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jackamomo

@johnd13: I think these games cater mostly to a specific group of people willing to...

Roleplay as a chilling emotionless killer. It's a dull game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Sean Bean is awesome. I’ve never really cared all too much about the Hitman games however after watching that trailer I want to get this game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup
@johnd13 said:
@jackamomo said:

I've barely played any Hitman but I believe the game's story is pretty much irrelevant.

I don't agree with that. Hitman 2 has stellar story-telling for the time. It's essentially Rambo 2/4 where he's given up on the world and gone into exile trying to find peace. Before (by virtue of being 47), being forced out of it, and eventually just admitting he was made for killing. Along with the likes on Metal Gear Solid, it's one of the better attempts at "cinematic" story-telliing.

Loading Video...

Some of the smaller stories are very good as well. The Meat King Party (from Contracts and one of my fav levels of all time), starts out ominous and just gets more and more fucked up the deeper you go. It's a disturbing level.

I think after 2-Blood-money (Blood-money tying into Contracts), with Absolution trying to turn it into some shitty Robert Rodriguez thing. I think pretty much everyone hates Absolution. Even the developers themselves seem to see it as a misstep.

Anyways, quick summary.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: Hitman 2 silent assassins easily have best soundtrack in whole series. jesper kidd ROCKS!!.

shame he doesnot do Hitman soundtracks anymore.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup
@ghosts4ever said:

@uninspiredcup: Hitman 2 silent assassins easily have best soundtrack in whole series. jesper kidd ROCKS!!.

shame he doesnot do Hitman soundtracks anymore.

Yep, GOAT soundtrack. I love Contracts as well, it's very different, but in a good way. Unfortunately due to legal issues, alot of the music was ripped out in the Steam version, but it's easily patched back in.

Loading Video...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@uninspiredcup: That's Major Richard Sharpe. Yer basterd.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: eventually just admitting he was made for killing“

No. This is far too depressing, not too mention boring. This story and character are pretty one note.

“Starts our ominous then get more fucked up”

Don’t you find such a relentless bleak tone a bit monotonous?

I played a bit of Absolution and though it ran really smoothly with tight gameplay controls. I just got bored of killing guys before I even got off the mansion. Even hanging their corpses over the balcony lost its sheen after a while.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

@uninspiredcup: eventually just admitting he was made for killing“

No. This is far too depressing, not too mention boring. This story and character are pretty one note.

It's actually not. Religion is easy to latch onto "directed morality" for lost souls. The character rejects who he is and ejects himself from society. In the end he ultimately decides to rejects it and sets his own morals, walking back out into the world. Individualism vs. collectivism. That's interesting, unexpected and surprisingly mature for a action/stealth game from the early 2000''s. Stylishly cinematic without being obnoxious, or forgetting first and foremost, it's a game

It has the best Jesus symbolism since Man Of Steel.

@jackamomo said:

Don’t you find such a relentless bleak tone a bit monotonous?

No. It's very rare to get a game as dark, moody and well realized as Hitman: Contracts. I wanted more of it.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Sean Bean also voiced a character in TES4: Oblivion. Yes, the character he voiced died as well.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Martin dies.

Although in that Silent Hill film everyone dies but him.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jackamomo

me: "pretty one note."

@uninspiredcup: It's actually not. Religion is easy to latch onto "directed morality" for lost souls. The character rejects who he is and ejects himself from society. In the end he ultimately decides to rejects it and sets his own morals

I'm not seeing more than one note here and what has 'directed morality' and religion got to do with anything?

It's bleak, I get it. He rejects collectivism (natural human state) and becomes like a walking grim reaper. Hmm cheery! Such a fleshed out character! He rejects his organisation who brain washed him a bit like Jason Bourne but he decided he doesn't even like people anyway and the best plan is just to kill everyone which is what he was doing on the first place. That's just boring storytelling and lazy writing.

I bet they paint him as a baddass when in reality he is a cold hearted monster so you can feel really powerful as you snuff the lights out of the umteenth goon without a poassing thought to his family and loved ones.

The thing is with modern 3d game is they are kinda lifelike now so it's quite easy to cross the bad taste line and just make something abortive and crass like this series. Kids like killing, right? Was the board meeting for coming up with game. A cinematic game like this sets itself up to be cinematic with it's 3rd person view and set-like level design playing out like scenes. But the movie you are forced to watch is b-movie deathsploitation of the most childish kind.

Why so serious AAA game man. :'(

I don't even...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

me: "pretty one note."

@uninspiredcup: It's actually not. Religion is easy to latch onto "directed morality" for lost souls. The character rejects who he is and ejects himself from society. In the end he ultimately decides to rejects it and sets his own morals

I'm not seeing more than one note here and what has 'directed morality' and religion got to do with anything?

I literally just explained it.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: not literally enough for me apparently. I have no idea what 'guided morality' is.

So it's good jesus symbolism in your book. I take it Man of Steel was high on your list of metaphorical jesus figures, the brilliant piece of cinema it almost certainly is...

I didn't realise Jesus rejected 'who he was'(?) went on a kill crazy rampage or ever wore spandex for that matter.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@jackamomo said:

Yeah, should look like a starving runway model.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

IDK. It's kinda creepy that you g too kill him.(And the game promotes you to kill the guy which it's fans hate that he is dying)

Since some people here talked about Hitman story, my thought is this that Hitman's story is somehow childish. you go and assassinate some people but then in order to make players feel less bad for killing they make a video of how "Evil" that person is.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@dorog1995 said:

IDK. It's kinda creepy that you g too kill him.(And the game promotes you to kill the guy which it's fans hate that he is dying)

Since some people here talked about Hitman story, my thought is this that Hitman's story is somehow childish. you go and assassinate some people but then in order to make players feel less bad for killing they make a video of how "Evil" that person is.

Agent 47 is not evil. he is gray character or i would say anti hero. he kills criminals and murderers and drug dealers only.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

@uninspiredcup: not literally enough for me apparently. I have no idea what 'guided morality' is.

47 characters is"not of this world", an abomination, he's genetically engineered as a weapon. By default, he is tarred as evil and through the actions of the first game, does such acts. Resulting in him killing his creator/father. Satan like.

At the start of Hitman 2 (much like Rambo 2/4 as mentioned), he's isolated himself as hermit at a church working for, and becoming friends with a priest. Living a muted life in servitude performing mundane, but ultimately beneficial tasks. He's attempted to follow, what he probably perceives, a "morally good" life. Ignoring what he is.

When the priest is captured, and he forced once again to murder, eventually saving the priest (not through peaceful means) he rejects the church ideals, comes to the conclusion he will make "his own justice", walking into the mist, back into the world, ironically lighted angelic white, while a dwindling cross lies in foreground. Jesus was persecuted, also not of this world. Unlike Jesus, 47 has piano wire.

A wonderful story.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: wonderful story.

I would refute that.

Firstly, it's your interpretation the creator scientist is Satan. I was of the understanding he cannot create life, only corrupt living souls but I might be wrong.

How he is jesus is beyond me. Just because he went to a church and helped out a bit. I did that once and no-one thought I was the second coming.

Why does he reject the church's ideals and what were those ideals? Compassion and forgiveness?

How does he give himself the moral right right to take other people's lives? How is that explored?

Why does he walk into a white light with a christian cross to go forth and murder everyone. Very godly.

Does he consider himself a god?

If he does he is a boring dick head god with piano wire and guns.

I think the story is an exploration of what would happen if someone was made who had no feelings then goes on to have no feelings.

Brilliant.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

@uninspiredcup: wonderful story.

I think the story is an exploration of what would happen if someone was made who had no feelings then goes on to have no feelings.

Brilliant.

It is actually. If you're bad, society had deemed you bad, and you don't want to be bad, but by design "are".

Then what do you do?

Really, it's quite genius. Hitman 2 was on to something. Contracts embraced it. Everything after ignored it.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: So not a redemptive story then.

I thought you said he rejected 'who he was'.

If he was bad then he would turn good and visa versa.

I'm not sure how someone who you have designated 'bad' goes to church then learns nothing and just carries on as he was is 'genius'.

How do you design what is good or bad and what defines that?

These concepts are barely explored. Why does he need to keep killing everyone? What does he do when he kills all the guys he needs to kill to carry out his own personal version of justice? Does he do it just for enjoyment or is he compelled to from some dark and consuming force that will eventually consume him? That idea there I just made up. That's better than the story they probably wrote.

The real question should be. Why would a man with free agency, choose to spend his time going about murdering everyone? Because otherwise they would have to think about things like level design and plot that isn't just more excuses for people to be garroted.

It's just another grindy unrelentingly bleak game about death and how miserable everyone is or should be. The current AAA industry in a nutshell.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

@uninspiredcup: So not a redemptive story then.

I thought you said he rejected 'who he was'.

If he was bad then he would turn good and visa versa.

I'm not sure how someone who you have designated 'bad' goes to church then learns nothing and just carries on as he was is 'genius'.

How do you design what is good or bad and what defines that?

These concepts are barely explored. Why does he need to keep killing everyone? What does he do when he kills all the guys he needs to kill to carry out his own personal version of justice? Does he do it just for enjoyment or is he compelled to from some dark and consuming force that will eventually consume him? That idea there I just made up. That's better than the story they probably wrote.

The real question should be. Why would a man with free agency, choose to spend his time going about murdering everyone? Because otherwise they would have to think about things like level design and plot that isn't just more excuses for people to be garroted.

It's just another grindy unrelentingly bleak game about death and how miserable everyone is or should be. The current AAA industry in a nutshell.

Regardless of what is said you will go against it and try badly to contort it, so it's pretty much a waste of time.

It's really my own fault for bothering to preach to the unpreachable. Oh wells.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: I just think the story sounds bad but I won't knock you for enjoying it.

Just sounds really depressing to me and I'm struggling to understand his motivation.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

@uninspiredcup: I just think the story sounds bad but I won't knock you for enjoying it.

Just sounds really depressing to me and I'm struggling to understand his motivation.

Guess it depends on your perspective I can get not liking a more cynical approach to the world.

But to me that's what makes Hitman 2/3 work, and so intrinsically linked wither the developers meant it or not. Hitman 2 tries hard to make the character come across as (at his core) heroic), at the end of that he drops it. With Contracts not even trying to make him redeemable. It just reduced it to a story of survival.

But, each to their own.

But yea, love these two games in particular, even though Blood Money obviously had superior gameplay.

If people don't give a shit about any of that, ignoring the story, whatever. That's their prerogative.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: a more cynical approach to the world

You mean utterly cynical. The world is not all bad. Why only focus on that? Makes it feel like a chore to play. Oh I wonder what depressing and violent cut scene might be coming up next after kill these 100 guards?

Thing is. This game, being a stealth game should punish you for kills. Otherwise you make it too easy. So gameplay felt shallow and a bit routine.

Gunplay wasn't handled all that well either.

I am basing all this off playing about 5 hours of Absolution btw. Interestingly, running really well without a gpu (for reasons, don't ask) and just a little 3d accelerator on the mobo (200mhz-ish) and 3ghz core2duo. Min res and effects lol. Still looked really good I must say. Dirt 2 deserves a similar accolade in that respect. Nobody codes like Codemasters!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jackamomo said:

@uninspiredcup: a more cynical approach to the world

You mean utterly cynical. The world is not all bad. Why only focus on that? Makes it feel like a chore to play. Oh I wonder what depressing and violent cut scene might be coming up next after kill these 100 guards?

Thing is. This game, being a stealth game should punish you for kills. Otherwise you make it too easy. So gameplay felt shallow and a bit routine.

Gunplay wasn't handled all that well either.

I am basing all this off playing about 5 hours of Absolution btw.

You keep using the term shallow, but it's not shallow, im video game terms, particularly the action/stealth genre, it's quite deep. 47 is subtle, which sin't shallow.

He likes animals, he tries to change, he cares for certian people in his own way. It''s just not splashed on the wall like a tin of delux paint because games by and large don't really trust you to have the capability to see subtlty.

This includes the likes of shit people praise, like Metal Gear Solid, which is about as un-subtle as they come.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jackamomo

@uninspiredcup: he tries to change

I think this must be the redemptive aspect. Is his failure to change the driving motivator behind the swath of destruction? Based on his own inability to conquer his own primal instincts?

...games by and large don't really trust you to have the capability to see subtlty

They didn't splash it on the wall but they hid it pretty well. If gamers are unreceptive to subtly as you say maybe that's more reason to pronounce his gentler side.

He's so mean, you just want him to cheer up like Kratos. I find it draining to watch someone like Hitman, tortured like he is. I feel sorry for him but wish the writers would maybe give him more inner strength to maybe deal with his demons and not have to watch his life play out in the tragic and pointless way it does.

Hey maybe that is life, sometimes, but maybe sometimes there is redemption. That used to be the point of stories, to see how the hero prevails against adversity. Here, he just goes with the flow and doesn't challenge his turmoil in a game which is about inner turmoil. Or concludes it's hopeless and may as well just f*ck it any carry on kind of aimlessly it seems.

Where is the light at the end of the tunnel for Hitman?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I liked the episode with Gary Busey. He's a crazy guy.