Sea of Thieves first review - 55/100, flop?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

Poll Sea of Thieves first review - 55/100, flop? (80 votes)

Yes, huge flop 45%
Yes, flop 16%
Maybe 9%
No, game is still good 9%
Fake Critics 9%
I don't know 13%

We've been telling lemmings this for months. This might be the end of Rare.

CG games "Shallow, at time boring and incomplete"

• 
mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

MS has sea of thieves to offer.

Sony has God of War.

Seems unfair........

TLHBO

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@mave198 said:

Sony has God of War.

Seems unfair........

TLHBO

Spiderman, Detroit, Dreams... any more?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:

@hrt_rulz01: ? Says the clown damage controlling and crying because a game on his favorite piece of plastic flopped in reviews. I must have touched a certain salty nerve for you to come up with such an asshurt response.

Do you ever have a response that doesn't sound like a 12 year old wrote it? Anyway...

And as I've said ad nauseam on here, I couldn't give two sh*ts about Sea of Thieves. The game didn't interest me from the beginning. So I'm not "damage controlling" anything, cow. In all honesty, I hope the game doesn't do that great so Rare goes back to making SP games.

? and get you’re still here damage controlling. If you don’t care about the game and you aren’t here to dish out ownage then why are you here?

Lems, the only fanboy faction that casually damage controls for games they claim to not care about lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:

@hrt_rulz01: ? Says the clown damage controlling and crying because a game on his favorite piece of plastic flopped in reviews. I must have touched a certain salty nerve for you to come up with such an asshurt response.

Do you ever have a response that doesn't sound like a 12 year old wrote it? Anyway...

And as I've said ad nauseam on here, I couldn't give two sh*ts about Sea of Thieves. The game didn't interest me from the beginning. So I'm not "damage controlling" anything, cow. In all honesty, I hope the game doesn't do that great so Rare goes back to making SP games.

? and get you’re still here damage controlling. If you don’t care about the game and you aren’t here to dish out ownage then why are you here?

Lems, the only fanboy faction that casually damage controls for games they claim to not care about lol.

Lol... I bet you're the type of fan-child that would completely disappear like a little bi*ch if one of Sony's first party games didn't score well.

Anyway, I & most other serious gamers on here just find it amusing seeing you cows have a circle-jerk over this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69461 Posts
@quadknight said:

Yet you are in this thread and every other thread about a game that you care more about than the Xbox One fannies. Sony fannies like yourself are more sad than you even realize.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#56 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@quadknight said:

@with_teeth26: Cry harder. Where were you when lems laughing at 5Club and No Man’s Sky? GTFO here with that Kumbaya shit. This place is called “System Wars” for a reason not “Peace ‘n hugs”. The forum was made for the sole reason of receiving and dishing out ownage. You’re only crying now because the tables have suddenly turned on lems.

yea I'm aware this is SW, but there is a level of frothing at the mouth here that scares me a bit

this place is silly, but people taking it seriously in kinda a weird way, speculating MS going to shut down Rare after this etc.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

Yet you are in this thread and every other thread about a game that you care more about than the Xbox One fannies. Sony fannies like yourself are more sad than you even realize.

Where have I said I don’t care about owning lems? ? I’m here to own lems, it’s the only reason I come to this boring forum.

You lems are hypocrites. You’re in a forum called “System Wars“ lamenting that people are laughing at another system for having nothing but flops. Only reason why you guys are crying and damage controlling is because you’re in the receiving end of the jokes and ownage. If the situation was reversed and it was cows getting owned left and right you’d be in threads laughing at Sony flops.

The difference between me and you clowns is that I’m not pretending to be something I’m not. ? I’m a proud Cow/Hermit and I wave my flag boldly. You clowns are ashamed to be lemmings because MS/Xbone have been getting rekt all gen.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 QuadKnight

@with_teeth26 said:
@quadknight said:

@with_teeth26: Cry harder. Where were you when lems laughing at 5Club and No Man’s Sky? GTFO here with that Kumbaya shit. This place is called “System Wars” for a reason not “Peace ‘n hugs”. The forum was made for the sole reason of receiving and dishing out ownage. You’re only crying now because the tables have suddenly turned on lems.

yea I'm aware this is SW, but there is a level of frothing at the mouth here that scares me a bit

this place is silly, but people taking it seriously in kinda a weird way, speculating MS going to shut down Rare after this etc.

No one is taking it seriously other than lems. ? I can’t blame them though, I’d be taking things seriously too if a game I spent 4 years hyping/waiting for flopped as hard as SoT.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Lol at you fanboys wasting hours, days, months total of your life over this ownage stuff

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Lol at you fanboys wasting hours, days, months total of your life over this ownage stuff

Well when you have no other achievements in life what do you expect. :P

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

@stuff238: I agree....MS should shut Rare down. Four years and they came up with this? These guys have not developed good game I ages. Clearly they are not the same developers as they were in the old days. There is no reason to keep them open.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Says the guy with 3000 posts.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#63 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@quadknight: So? A mistake the OP made that could have been easily made by anyone not paying close attention.

But he's attacking people correcting him and doubled down on his mistake after I corrected him. He's an idiot. Hate the game, hate Xbox do whatever, but don't defend a liar, bro.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: So? A mistake the OP made that could have been easily made by anyone not paying close attention.

But he's attacking people correcting him and doubled down on his mistake after I corrected him. He's an idiot. Hate the game, hate Xbox do whatever, but don't defend a liar, bro.

Oh, I didn't know he was attacking you guys for correcting him. In that case, I take back my defense lol.

Anyways, the thread is mostly right if you ignore the error in the thread title. One of the first reviews for SoT isn't good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cainetao11

@needhealing: Exactly. Oh wow, i made a mistake. That doesn't change the fact that the game is going to flop.

LOL but you doubled down on it when I corrected you. All you had to do was go check it out. Instead you insisted in a post to me you were right. You're an idiot dude, own it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

Oh, I didn't know he was attacking you guys for correcting him. In that case, I take back my defense lol.

Anyways, the thread is mostly right if you ignore the error in the thread title. One of the first reviews for SoT isn't good.

Agreed. charizard and I PMd since I joined the Alpha last feb. I clued him into pics of the game that I wasn't supposed to as well. I always said it will be a 6/10 GS and middling 60 to tops 70/100 meta. It will grow as these games tend to and have its dedicated fans.

I have fun with it but never understood people like CrapGamer claiming it was going to be MSFT's next big thing. I even got into it on twitter with that guy LOL.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@needhealing said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

Says the guy with 3000 posts.

Don't do it anymore. Most of that came when I was a Nintendo fanboy in my middle and high school years.

Now I own platforms from all the companies, play the great games on them all. It sucks to see any game I was interested in not turn out the way I hoped.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro  Online

My current take on the game so far

Sea of Thieves is a very unique game with some gameplay direction problems. The good things about the game are

*The water looks great

*The atmosphere is stellar

*The visuals are lighthearted

*The sensation of sailing is phenomenal

*The PVP can be exhilarating

Unfortunately, there needs to be more than this otherwise the population for this game is going to tank and tank hard. Lets be real for a moment, the game lacks content. Each of the factions offer almost re-skinned version of the same quest (almost). There is lack of enemy variety. The combat is not particularly satisfying. The leveling only cosmetic (I understand the reasoning). And finally the world is stale.

Gameplay loop.

At the moment the gameplay loop is pretty lengthy. Collect a quest, travel to destination (this takes up most of the player's time), complete quest and return the loot (just as lengthy as getting to the destination). The problem with this gameplay loop is that most of the time is spent traveling from one location to the next and this traveling is mostly uneventful and relatively long. This makes the moments that are mildly to greatly enjoyable very sparse in PvE and PVP.

If traveling between locations are to take up most of the player’s time then it absolutely needs to be more engaging. Unfortunately I have no suggestions for this problem and it’s kind of a big problem.

However, it would be great if trading ships can be summoned on a pirate’s journey. This ship trails your ship allowing for trading and acquiring new quest while eliminating the travelling back to outpost loop. It will also keep the pirates steadily on their journey. This setup can be interrupted if the player’s ship is attacked by another player.

Outpost should have more of a purpose than simply turning in loot. These locations should be hostile locations that needs to be conquered by pirates and offer “safe” haven for the conqueror of the outpost. These outpost can then become a regular battle ground for players while rewarding the conquerors of these outposts.

Leveling

While I understand the need to keep the playing field balance, the current state of rewards and levelling up is so superficial that it can equate to feeling useless. Game like Overwatch rely on immediate satisfaction through its fast PVP mechanics and pre-set pieces in which players battle with set stats. But this works because the sense of gratification is reliant on competing with other players and its frequent. So, players can get their fill and still be satisfied with just cosmetic rewards.

Because this game is not pre-set and is open world, it cannot rely solely on cosmetics as an incentive to leveling and earning rewards because the satisfaction is sparse. Its needs more than that. Power struggles should be the driving force of a game like this. Allow people to level up and get stronger to very specific degree but this level gain is downgraded when the player loses a battle or fight. This can allow players to have stronger ships, weapons etc but none of these upgrades are permanent because players run the risk of loosing such upgrades. I will like to further stress that these upgrades should not work in the same manner as leveling up in an MMO but more like perks that has a set attribute.

World

The setting for this game should be a place of wonder and mystery. But in its current state the wonder and mystery is more or less absent. Enemy variety is limited, island variety is limited and PvE encounters are samey. I have not visited every island but I have been to enough to not experience any of the following.

Where are death traps? Where are the mystery caves with hidden treasure that are independent of a quest activation? Where are ghosts? Where are the swamps with voodoo priestesses and hostile natives? Where is the life of the world? Why does every island look and feel the same? Where are the ghost pirate ships that the player randomly encounters and death is almost assured on these encounters?

There is so much potential that can be had from this game but its current state is going to be really hard to recover from because first impressions are powerful stuff. I hope when the game evolves beyond it current state and adds some strong direction to the gameplay loop that it re-releases promoting a stronger direction.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@quadknight: Yeah it's strange, they white knight a game they claim will be a 6.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Pedro  Online

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

Where have I said I don’t care about owning lems? ? I’m here to own lems, it’s the only reason I come to this boring forum.

You lems are hypocrites. You’re in a forum called “System Wars“ lamenting that people are laughing at another system for having nothing but flops. Only reason why you guys are crying and damage controlling is because you’re in the receiving end of the jokes and ownage. If the situation was reversed and it was cows getting owned left and right you’d be in threads laughing at Sony flops.

The difference between me and you clowns is that I’m not pretending to be something I’m not. ? I’m a proud Cow/Hermit and I wave my flag boldly. You clowns are ashamed to be lemmings because MS/Xbone have been getting rekt all gen.

Ok.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

Agreed. charizard and I PMd since I joined the Alpha last feb. I clued him into pics of the game that I wasn't supposed to as well. I always said it will be a 6/10 GS and middling 60 to tops 70/100 meta. It will grow as these games tend to and have its dedicated fans.

I have fun with it but never understood people like CrapGamer claiming it was going to be MSFT's next big thing. I even got into it on twitter with that guy LOL.

You’re one of the good MS fans though so I wouldn’t expect someone like you to be sipping that Koolaid. I personally expect the game to be a 6-7/10 game.

It’s not bad but it’s not particularly good and I think Rare and MS have been put into this unfortunate position where the game has gotten way more attention and hype than they expected. I want to get into the game with my 14 day Gamepass trial and I can’t get into it because they are keeping new players out.

I think even though the game will be a critical flop it will still be a success for MS and Rare due to the exposure it’s getting. I think in time the game will become better and the community will grow. Fans like yourself can enjoy the game and ignore the trolling from people like me, it’s all in SW jest. Hardcore lems however will not take this flop easily ?.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cainetao11

@Pedro: Pretty much on board (I had to) with that review.

In alpha two of my feedbacks were, world variety. Make the north of the map like Viking territory and have them be a CPU faction that is really hard to defeat. Icebergs and cold areas would add variety.

In middle and south, have the Royal Navy which wish to stop piracy. The game can't just rely on skeletons and PVP. It needs urgency and a CPU faction adds a different wrinkle to the combat.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

You’re one of the good MS fans though so I wouldn’t expect someone like you to be sipping that Koolaid. I personally expect the game to be a 6-7/10 game.

It’s not bad but it’s not particularly good and I think Rare and MS have been put into this unfortunate position where the game has gotten way more attention and hype than they expected. I want to get into the game with my 14 day Gamepass trial and I can’t get into it because they are keeping new players out.

I think even though the game will be a critical flop it will still be a success for MS and Rare due to the exposure it’s getting. I think in time the game will become better and the community will grow. Fans like yourself can enjoy the game and ignore the trolling from people like me, it’s all in SW jest. Hardcore lems however will not take this flop easily ?.

Oh no way will they LOL

It will have its dedicated fanbase. I could tell in the alpha. There were people that popped in to get drunk, play songs, fvck around, and thats cool. But then there were the names I would see repeatedly, every Wed. They actually learned mechanics of the sails, using anchor in combat, and sail length in maximizing speed in order to flee with treasure. They are the audience.

It is strange how much coverage it picked up. I was surprised by the Xbox youtube community starting this narrative of its going to be a big thing. But many of them weren't weekly alpha players as I was LOL

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#74  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@Pedro: Pretty much on board (I had to) with that review.

In alpha two of my feedbacks were, world variety. Make the north of the map like Viking territory and have them be a CPU faction that is really hard to defeat. Icebergs and cold areas would add variety.

In middle and south, have the Royal Navy which wish to stop piracy. The game can't just rely on skeletons and PVP. It needs urgency and a CPU faction adds a different wrinkle to the combat.

yea the ship combat is probably the most fun part of the game but it happens rarely, a CPU faction with ships sailing around you could fight and steal their treasure would be awesome.

maybe have some really tough AI ships that you would need a couple groups of players to take down, then have the players duke it out for the reward (or split it).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#75 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Moar like Sea of Shit!

Ho ho.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I was hoping this game isnt a flop, because I really want to support Rare by buying it for the PC. But if this game is flopping left and right, I sure the hell won't support for the fuc ...... of it.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@quadknight said:

It’s definitely a flop. Makes you wonder what Rare was working on for 4 years. The meltdowns and damage control from lems when the GS review arrives will be hilarious.

LOL remember when the lems were like, OMG THE WATER IS THE BEST LOOKING WATER EVER CREATED

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 QuadKnight

@daredevils2k said:
@quadknight said:

It’s definitely a flop. Makes you wonder what Rare was working on for 4 years. The meltdowns and damage control from lems when the GS review arrives will be hilarious.

LOL remember when the lems were like, OMG THE WATER IS THE BEST LOOKING WATER EVER CREATED

Lems are nuts. When they can't hype anything going on with the game they hype the water, and then they accuse cows of hyping "movie games" lol. I admit the water looks nice in the game and I do like the artstyle but it's not worth paying $60 for and certainly not worth the hype lems were giving it.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Alright, all of the toxicity of this thread aside I think it's a bit premature to call it on either side for this game seeing as I've been hearing mixed opinions so far on it. I think it would be wise to just let the reviews come in first before calling it a failure or a success. I don't care about this game but for the sake of the overall quality of games on the market I'm hoping it doesn't fail to deliver on whatever promises it made.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Cows praying for that game to flop. lol smh

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#81  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I've enjoyed it the last couple of days, but I have already exhausted my fun with it. The core gameplay and content is lacking and not very engaging. Once you have done all of the silly stuff, there really isn't much to the game.

5/10

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Yeah, but let's ignore the other review at 82/100. It's not going to score well, but stop being an f'ing moron.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/sea-of-thieves?ref=hp

for the lazy it's sitting at a 67 on metacritic

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By QuadKnight

@Ballroompirate said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Yeah, but let's ignore the other review at 82/100. It's not going to score well, but stop being an f'ing moron.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/sea-of-thieves?ref=hp

for the lazy it's sitting at a 67 on metacritic

Wow, so it’s officially a flop now. What were MS and Rare doing that they let the game release in this unfinished state? This was supposed to be their biggest announced exclusive releasing this year. I hope Rare doesn’t get closed down because of this but you can’t blame MS if they are mad about the reviews. 4 years is a lot of time to work on a AAA game and get such disappointing reviews.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

I don’t even know why anyone would hype this game in the first place. Also FYI Metacritic arranges Critic reviews from highest to lowest.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Were Lems even hyping this shit?

I doubt it. I don't recall any Lem boasting about this game, nor is the game even remotely interesting judging from the videos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I think it’s so weird some people like quaddi are so pleased it’s looking like SoT is going to flop. And these people call themselves gamers.

Personally I’m pretty disappointed. I thought it had potential. Guess i was wrong.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@mave198 said:

Sony has God of War.

Seems unfair........

TLHBO

Both suck.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 UssjTrunks

Did anyone think this game would be good? It's just a pointless pirate sandbox with no actual content.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By UssjTrunks

@M8ingSeezun said:

Were Lems even hyping this shit?

I doubt it. I don't recall any Lem boasting about this game, nor is the game even remotely interesting judging from the videos.

It was the most hyped game of the year for Xbox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@UssjTrunks: Yeah, I thought it looked pretty cool to be honest.

Still do, just think it’s unfinished and lacks content.

Should of been released as early access on gamepass for about a year.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Sea of failure is the biggest flop of 2018. This is th final nail in Rares coffin. Microsoft will shut them down.

"Sea of failure"

LMFAO!

TLHBO

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By QuadKnight
@boycie said:

I think it’s so weird some people like quaddi are so pleased it’s looking like SoT is going to flop. And these people call themselves gamers.

Personally I’m pretty disappointed. I thought it had potential. Guess i was wrong.

What makes you think I'm actually pleased that the game is failing you clown? It's actually the only MS exclusive I was looking forward to this year. I've openly spoken many times on this forum about how it's the only game on their lineup that interests me.

I'd be playing it now with my 14 day gamepass trial if they weren't having server issues.

Yea the SW cow me is happy to rub it in lems' faces because they were overhyping this game but the gamer side of me is a bit disappointed it flopped because I love pirate games. I was hoping I could get a bunch of my buddies together and we could go sailing the high seas pillaging noobs. It's f'ing disappointing that MS can't seem to get their shit together when it comes to their first party games that aren't HaloGearsForza.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: Fair point. Apologies for jumping to conclusions.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 QuadKnight

@boycie said:

@quadknight: Fair point. Apologies for jumping to conclusions.

It's alright. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. No hard feelings here, we're all gamers even if we fight silly wars in this place :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: all just SW banter.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#96  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Even ex-Rare dev which worked on this title said it's CRAP :

Former Sea of Thieves artist says it’s repetitive, shallow

https://attackofthefanboy.com/reviews/sea-of-thieves-review/

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@with_teeth26: I could not agree more, the Cows in SW are the worst, most sensitive, salty, butt hurt at anything microsoft does shit posters I have ever seen.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 UssjTrunks

@neversummer75 said:

@stuff238: I agree....MS should shut Rare down. Four years and they came up with this? These guys have not developed good game I ages. Clearly they are not the same developers as they were in the old days. There is no reason to keep them open.

It's crazy how badly MS has mismanaged this studio.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Rare has been dead ever since Microsoft bought them. I really hoped this game would’ve been good, since I love the art style and theme, but it’s obviously turned out to be a shallow experience. Hopefully they release a ton of free content/expansions to compensate.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It can only fail if there was hype for it