Sea of Thieves: Downgrade-mageddon!

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Shiver me timbers! I didn't want to dogpile on the game more, but now that I can't even access it to try it... screw it!

Now c'mon. This game looks like Fortnite's special-ed cousin and they still managed to scale the graphics back to where it looks like a 90s CG television cartoon in places. Rare, what have you been doing the past four years?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Rare still makes N64 games in 2018. They never evolved and it hurts their games.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
Loading Video...

? Apparently the Kraken doesn’t have a body, jump to 2:17 in the video.

? Makes you wonder what they spent 4 years working on.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@quadknight:

lol

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

honestly I am never impressed with day one complainers.

I care about what a game is going to be like long term, not day one

and OP...

why in the love of god would you download and try to play a game you already know your not going to like. that sounds like a huge waste of your time

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By QuadKnight

@Flubbbs said:

@quadknight:

lol

? You can’t make this shit up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

The amount of Sea of Thieves threads on here...lmao. Sad System Wars...

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin

@Flubbbs said:

@quadknight:

lol

I'm kraken up over here!

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:

and OP...

why in the love of god would you download and try to play a game you already know your not going to like. that sounds like a huge waste of your time

A) Because I can. Instead of roasting it without experiencing it for myself and seeing where things went wrong or right.

B) It's free with Gamepass. So why not?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

meh, the game's visuals are the one aspect of the experience that are beyond reproach IMO.

I think it looks incredible. seems like the retail gameplay was captured at a different time of day anyways.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

and OP...

A) Because I can. Instead of roasting it without experiencing it for myself and seeing where things went wrong or right.

A. yes its true, you can willingly spend your free time electing to do something you know you will not like to do. you have that right, in fact if you like you have the right to come home after a good day of work and hit your finger with a hammer, that is also something you 'can' do.however choosing to do that is odd.

B. because its like hitting your finger with a hammer. I have better things to do then play a POS free game

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

@quadknight:

lol

The Kraken puts out a black ink screen so how could one see the body.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BenjaminBanklin

@with_teeth26 said:

meh, the game's visuals are the one aspect of the experience that are beyond reproach IMO.

I think it looks incredible. seems like the retail gameplay was captured at a different time of day anyways.

The lighting, textures and foliage have received significant downgrades. This game has been rolled back from what it debuted as, hard. I would try looking at it without an eyepatch.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

and OP...

A. yes its true, you can willingly spend your free time electing to do something you know you will not like to do. you have that right, in fact if you like you have the right to come home after a good day of work and hit your finger with a hammer, that is also something you 'can' do.however choosing to do that is odd.

B. because its like hitting your finger with a hammer. I have better things to do then play a POS free game

Well thanks your concern over the games I play. I will make a note of it and will be sure to remember it later.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

How do we know what the settings are on both tho? I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on just this video

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Power of the cloud.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

the amount of butthurt this has caused on the sony cucks is a little sad. Probably the most insecure fanbase of all time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

@quadknight:

lol

So freakin' hilarious. "Mystery"="We spent four years twiddling our thumbs"

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

and OP...

Well thanks your concern over the games I play. I will make a note of it and will be sure to remember it later.

you are still advertising that you elect to make the choice to spend your free time playing a game that you do not enjoy?

I dont think you can get the upper hand on that...lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 QuadKnight

@lifelessablaze said:

the amount of butthurt this has caused on the sony cucks is a little sad. Probably the most insecure fanbase of all time.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#21  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@dagubot said:

Right? Mother of god, you'd think this was an established, consistently high scored, high selling franchise not a new online IP. But if it was downgraded it was downgraded. I don't lie to myself when a game is revealed unlike others in this forum.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

and OP...

you are still advertising that you elect to make the choice to spend your free time playing a game that you do not enjoy?

Now how do you know I won't enjoy it? I could end up having a good time with it. I mean, whenever the servers stop going down like the Hindenburg. At least I'll know it's like instead of a certain user who pretended to know what Shadow of the Colossus' gameplay was. *Wink wink*

Besides, it's weird being told what not to play by a guy named TryIt.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Sony fan should not be one to laugh at downgrades lol

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TryIt

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

Now how do you know I won't enjoy it? I could end up having a good time with it. I mean, whenever the servers stop going down like the Hindenburg. At least I'll know it's like instead of a certain user who pretended to know what Shadow of the Colossus' gameplay was. *Wink wink*

really? instead of letting it go you want more.

ok

who in their right mind makes the decision to play a game they know they will not like in their free time?

you answer was: 'becasue I can'

really? THAT is your answer? you want more of this?

ok lets try this again:

why are you playing a game (Sea of Thieves) when you already know you will not like it?

be careful of your answer, consider your history on the subject of the game

or just let it go..you lost

'oh i cant log into that POS game I hate'

that is a failure right there

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

ok

who in their right mind makes the decision to play a game they know they will not like in their free time?

really? you want more of this?

ok lets try this again:

why are you playing a game (Sea of Thieves) when you already know you will not like it?

Why do you care so much? LOL. Watching you fall apart over it is more entertaining than any video game.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

ok

ok lets try this again:

Why do you care so much? LOL. Watching you fall apart over it is more entertaining than any video game.

how is if I care you play a game you dont like in your free time relevant to my point?

'I cant log into this POS game I hate'

that is absolutely hysterically silly, full stop. its almost like saying 'I am going to go home and bash my nuts with a hammer because I can,......but ^&*( it! I cant find my hammer'...lol

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

ok

ok lets try this again:

how is if I care you play a game you dont like in your free time relevant to my point?

that is absolutely hysterically silly, full stop. its almost like saying 'I am going to go home and bash my nuts with a hammer because I can'

Bashing your nuts with a hammer is how you spend your time, not how I spend mine. It's a free country, I want to try the game. You're arguing for people to be more close minded? This thread is about how the game was downgraded, not for people not to try it, TryIt. Why all the fear? After your little fiasco yesterday, I would say you need to be more open to playing certain video games yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Damn, that’s even worse than the Detroit downgrade. Hopefully none of y’all were in that thread talking shit.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TryIt

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

ok

ok lets try this again:

that is absolutely hysterically silly, full stop. its almost like saying 'I am going to go home and bash my nuts with a hammer because I can'

Bashing your nuts with a hammer is how you spend your time, not how I spend mine. It's a free country, I want to try the game. You're arguing for people to be more close minded? This thread is about how the game was downgraded, not for people not to try it, TryIt. Why all the fear? After your little fiasco yesterday, I would say you need to be more open to playing certain video games yourself.

your come back is as lame as complaining about how you can not get into a game you already know you dont like.

I am done, beyond any reasonable level of reason.

the funny thing about this story is that I dont care about this game, not intrested in this game...lool

have fun buddy

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

ok

ok lets try this again:

your come back is as lame as complaining about how you can not get into a game you already know you dont like.

the funny thing about this story is that I dont care about this game, not intrested in this game...lool

have fun buddy

So you just wasted your time, saying I'm wasting my time. TryIt, you're a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TryIt

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

have fun buddy

So you just wasted your time, saying I'm wasting my time. TryIt, you're a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

no your not wasting your time.

you are using your time in a masochistic way and masochism really isnt something to brag about

sorry I just wanted to set your understanding on this correctly

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Cows are upset that other systems get real video games while they are stuck with crap version of multiplats or waiting for movie games once every few years.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@quadknight: Yeah...you need some new GIFs bud....

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

What a train wreck. But what else could you expect from a studio that has made nothing but Kinect Sports for a decade?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin

@zaryia said:

Cows are upset that other systems get real video games while they are stuck with crap version of multiplats or waiting for movie games once every few years.

I guess you're not upset at getting a far worse looking game than advertised. Don't get mad at Sony fans, they didn't do this.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@tryit said:

and OP...

Then why release it? If it isn't ready then do not release it. I care about day one and also the long term.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zaryia said:

I guess you're not upset at getting a far worse looking game than advertised. Don't get mad at Sony fans, they didn't do this.

No it looks great on PC.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag

@zaryia said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zaryia said:

No it looks great on PC.

Does the kraken have a body on PC?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By QuadKnight

@sealionact said:

@quadknight: Yeah...you need some new GIFs bud....

You need some games to stop your asshurt. You lems are the most butthurt faction on SW. Always complaining or crying over something.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Sony is the king of downgrade you fools. Hahahhahahahahaahah

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@zaryia said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zaryia said:

No it looks great on PC.

Does the sea serpent in GOW have a body? I doubt it.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NathanDrakeSwag
@xhawk27 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@zaryia said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zaryia said:

No it looks great on PC.

Does the sea serpent in GOW have a body? I doubt it.

I bet it does.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@tryit: You might be the biggest trainwreck this sites seen in a long time. You're constantly all over the place, know zero about games yet pretend you do when it fits your agenda, you're the type of poster that I genuinely cringe at when I read your drivel.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sealionact

@quadknight: Not really...just saying that the old "drinking the salty water" GIF is about as old as the "Licking your salty tears" GIF.

We've seen them. Much like PS4, you need some new material, and some fun.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@sealionact: We’ve also seen all your lemming damage control excuses. You need some new material. This shit is getting old, every time MS launches a new flop you guys come in here and damage control to no end. At this point, you guys have more damage control excuses than games. You’d think by now you’d be tired of being the victims all the time. When will you guys start holding MS accountable for your lack of games instead of blaming “cows” for the sad state the the FlopBone is in?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

@cainetao11 said:
@dagubot said:

Right? Mother of god, you'd think this was an established, consistently high scored, high selling franchise not a new online IP. But if it was downgraded it was downgraded. I don't lie to myself when a game is revealed unlike others in this forum.

Haha for real. I like Sea of Thieves, had a blast in the betas that I played with my friends and while I haven't bought the game yet; waiting until new players can join in. The developers have stated this game will evolve through time and change through player feedback. All this hate is because it's on Microsoft, if it was 3rd party or released exclusively on another console; people will skip to a different beat but the amount of threads for Sea of Thieves and the amount of hate is just sad...like nothing else better is going on...lol. I wonder if some of these people actually play games...lol.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

This game had failure all writing over it.

Anybody that pre-ordered it is just a fool themselves.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact

@quadknight: When did I damage control? Your material is stale..that was all I said. Maybe I hit a sore spot.

Btw, how does a random person posting on GS actually "damage control" for MS? Do you honestly think it matters what I - or you - do on these pages?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#49  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@dagubot said:
@cainetao11 said:
@dagubot said:

Haha for real. I like Sea of Thieves, had a blast in the betas that I played with my friends and while I haven't bought the game yet; waiting until new players can join in. The developers have stated this game will evolve through time and change through player feedback. All this hate is because it's on Microsoft, if it was 3rd party or released exclusively on another console; people will skip to a different beat but the amount of threads for Sea of Thieves and the amount of hate is just sad...like nothing else better is going on...lol. I wonder if some of these people actually play games...lol.

Its abundantly clear to me many of them take gaming way too seriously and don't play games with others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

@cainetao11 said:
@dagubot said:
@cainetao11 said:
@dagubot said:

Its abundantly clear to me many of them take gaming way too seriously and don't play games with others.

What's hilarious is that as I was writing that; another thread went up about Sea of Thieves & Forbes...lmao.