SE: Final Fantasy Type-0 release next year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

Director Hajime Tabata at Square Enix says that the PS4's and Xbox1's very first Final Fantasy title will be out within next year 2015 as the game is currently 80% done

“We probably wouldn’t age another year until it’s released,” Tabata said. “We really do want the PS4 and Xbox One install base to grow in Japan as well, so we do want a release as quickly as possible.”

As for why the game is releasing on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as opposed to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Tabata said Type-0 HD is their segue onto current-gen titles—to make sure Final Fantasy fans are on the platforms in preparation for Final Fantasy XV.

“We do hope that it becomes the first basis for Final Fantasy XV when we release that globally,” Tabata said.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/08/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-will-launch-within-next-year#iKwglY1r0LB8AH1v.99

#2 Posted by PapaTrop (1792 posts) -

I like that boxart

"Only on Playstation"

lol

#3 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

How does this fit into the story line?

#4 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -

@clyde46: ?

It's its own universe

It only shares lore ideas with 13 and XV

#5 Posted by DrRockso87 (2634 posts) -

Hopefully this will be the first Final Fantasy game on consoles I enjoy since Final Fantasy X. Really been a long friggin' time.

#6 Posted by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

How does this fit into the story line?

Its an action based Final Fantasy game it has its own story and has nothing to do with the other FF games and IGN compared it to Devil May Cry/ Final Fantasy since they saw a half hour gameplay of the game.. they also mentioned the game looks beautiful being at 80% done, you can check out IGN they say explain a lot about the game.

#7 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Cool, so Versus will be out in 2017 then?

#8 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

Someone on Twitter told me that this game hasn't even been announced for Japan yet. Yet the quote says the want the Japanese PS4 install base to grow... Was the guy who told me that wrong? Why does this all matter? Because I don't know whether JAPAN is getting it in one year, or the WEST is getting it in one year.

#9 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Wish it was coming to Vita, but I'm not complaining. If it's interesting enough, I'll get it on PS4.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#10 Posted by SolidGame_basic (22439 posts) -

@Blabadon: remote play

#11 Posted by Chutebox (43381 posts) -

this game was liked in Japan?

#12 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27397 posts) -

Well i played the jpn psp demo a while back I remember it being fun. So yea cant wait.

#13 Posted by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Very liked! People loved it in Japan

#14 Posted by Chutebox (43381 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@Chutebox said:

They hated the 13 series, right? Lol

#15 Posted by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -
@bbkkristian said:

Someone on Twitter told me that this game hasn't even been announced for Japan yet. Yet the quote says the want the Japanese PS4 install base to grow... Was the guy who told me that wrong? Why does this all matter? Because I don't know whether JAPAN is getting it in one year, or the WEST is getting it in one year.

It must be coming to Japan since the directer has mentioned Japan multiple times in the quote above.

#16 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: That's stupid

#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Wish it was coming to Vita, but I'm not complaining. If it's interesting enough, I'll get it on PS4.

As a Vita owner i would have loved a Vita version but man a console FF game always ( to me anyways ) >> FF on a handheld :P

#18 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27397 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Chutebox said:

They hated the 13 series, right? Lol

I believe the first one was well recived not so sure about 13-2 or LR.

#19 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3592 posts) -

@finalfantasy94:

I think it was XIII sold well because hype.

XIII-2 sold less, but still was better received.

Then everyone hated XIII-3.

#20 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

LOLOLOL we will not release the game on xbox 360, or ps3 because we want to make sure there are fans on the next gen systems....so basically type 0 is a test game?

Does square not know how video games work anymore?

#21 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3592 posts) -
@bbkkristian said:

The game is supposed to be out before August 2015 in America. They're probably not as focused on the Japanese release due to the fact of low install bases/PS4 selling horribly/Xbone not even being released. Also, I'm not surprised this game is being released soon, apparently the remaster has been in works since 2012, three years is definitely enough time to just remaster a PSP game to Next Gen without adding anything else.

#22 Edited by Ghost120x (5251 posts) -

**** SE. They should have put it on the vita instead of the xbox one where it will sell 20 copies. It would at least sell five more copies on vita.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#23 Edited by ShepardCommandr (4888 posts) -

@DrRockso87 said:

Hopefully this will be the first Final Fantasy game on consoles I enjoy since Final Fantasy X. Really been a long friggin' time.

#24 Edited by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
#25 Posted by deactivated-594be627b82ba (8405 posts) -

I wish it was for ps3 instead, not ready to go current gen, but might have little choice in the matter.

As a side note I have to say that I have been enjoying lightning returns. I hated 13, 13-2 was forgettable, but this game is not bad at all. I really like the combat.

#26 Posted by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

@da_illest101 said:

I wish it was for ps3 instead, not ready to go current gen, but might have little choice in the matter.

As a side note I have to say that I have been enjoying lightning returns. I hated 13, 13-2 was forgettable, but this game is not bad at all. I really like the combat.

You've been enjoying LR? man i dont know i think its the worst FF to date i mean the game is making me rush things and i hate rushing while playing a game, time limit in a video game? lmfao

13-2 was the best FF last generation period, you'd think they would make an even better game after 13-2 but nope they made lightning returns a game that forces you to rush doing things wtf

#27 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@da_illest101 said:

You've been enjoying LR? man i dont know i think its the worst FF to date i mean the game is making me rush things and i hate rushing while playing a game, time limit in a video game? lmfao

13-2 was the best FF last generation period, you'd think they would make an even better game after 13-2 but nope they made lightning returns a game that forces you to rush doing things wtf

you guys clearly don't have self respect let alone decent taste for games.