Scarlett more advanced than PS5

#1 Posted by EG101 (2010 posts) -

MS has stated that Devs are still waiting on Scarlett dev kits so any rumor based on a comparison of dev kits is a false rumor. During E3 MS and AMD have stated that Scarlett will be based on a newer architecture than PS5.

"The result is that the next PlayStation will feature custom 7 nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 and Radeon Navi architectures, while the Xbox Scarlett will include "next generation Radeon RDNA gaming graphics architecture" as announced by Lisa Su, CEO and President of AMD. AMD has confirmed that next-generation RDNA will be based on a 7 nm+ FinFET process, which will support hardware-based real-time ray-tracing and next-gen RDNA. By contrast, the 7 nm Navi architecture will only be capable of shader-based ray tracing and current gen RDNA."

#2 Posted by BoxRekt (1656 posts) -

Xbox FTW bro.

Xbox more powerful! I'm telling you man, you have no idea the powhah!

Now you should be able to

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#3 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4729 posts) -

Their source for this is two guys on Twitter, both of which are raging Xbots. With the author of the article wildly drawing their own conclusions. LOL! I think it's time to wait for some better confirmation.

#4 Posted by PC_Rocks (2446 posts) -

#5 Edited by 04dcarraher (23195 posts) -

The Next Xbox is still NAVI based..... so far as the rumor mill has suggested that the next box will have hardware based RT abilities vs using shader-based ray tracing of current RDNA "NAVI 10". Also its suppose to have 1gb of of HBM memory serving as level 4 cache. Its suppose to have a 500gb ssd also used as a fast caching system with 1tb harddrive. Just cool your horses... This type of info suggests an expensive console.

#6 Posted by Pedro (34904 posts) -

It really doesn't matter. Well until matters,.... until it doesn't matter again. LOL.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#7 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1558 posts) -

I'm glad to hear the Xbox Scarlett is going to be stronger than PS5!

#8 Posted by Random_Matt (4241 posts) -
@mclarenmaster18 said:

It's not, next gen Navi would far, far too expensive.

#9 Posted by tdkmillsy (3133 posts) -

Lets just wait and see

#10 Edited by Howmakewood (5924 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: damn thats possibly even worse source than wccftech

#11 Posted by 2mrw (5868 posts) -

Fact checking guys, please do it

#12 Posted by BoxRekt (1656 posts) -
@Pedro said:

It really doesn't matter. Well until matters,.... until it doesn't matter again. LOL.

I agree with Pedro, I think. lol

#13 Edited by BoxRekt (1656 posts) -
@mclarenmaster18 said:

lol, why?

There are "rumors" and "leaks" for PS5 too.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for xbox because I doubt it will amount to much.

Unless MS plan on releasing a $699 console you're not going to get much of real world difference if any at all in the multiplats that are so highly praised on the xbox platform.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#14 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1558 posts) -

@boxrekt: Yet we have to wait till next year so we can find out.

I doubt both will be stronger than Nintendo Switch.

#15 Posted by XVision84 (16198 posts) -

@pc_rocks: Accurate

#16 Edited by BoxRekt (1656 posts) -
@mclarenmaster18 said:

@boxrekt: Yet we have to wait till next year so we can find out.

I doubt both will be stronger than Nintendo Switch.

You've got a good point about that. Better tame expectations now to avoid disappointment.

#17 Posted by Sevenizz (3899 posts) -

Great job OP. So far you’ve reeled in 4 known sony fanboys into your thread on full damage control.

#18 Edited by BoxRekt (1656 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

Great job OP. So far you’ve reeled in 4 known sony fanboys into your thread on full damage control.

How embarrassing for your to come in this thread with veins popping out of your neck seriously attacking Sony fans when most of us are just poking fun at the desperation of you xbox fans desire to have sliver of power over PS5 for a non-existent performance gain in real world games.

lol the joke is on you.

#19 Posted by tormentos (29185 posts) -

Some one getting desperate about MS losing the power battle again..

Notebookcheck..lol

#20 Posted by EG101 (2010 posts) -

The source is AMD, Sony and MS not twitter.

#21 Posted by DaVillain- (36860 posts) -

I'll believe it when I see it but since I'm not buying Scarlet, I'll let you Xbox fanboys do the talking how amazing it shall be.

#22 Edited by Archangel3371 (28116 posts) -

Even if it isn’t I’ll still buy a Scarlet console because that’s just how I roll. 😁

#23 Posted by tormentos (29185 posts) -

@EG101 said:

The source is AMD, Sony and MS not twitter.

Yeah AMD stated which Navi the PS5 will have? No they have not neither have they claim that sony didn't work with them on the design they are using.

In the other thread to try to claim a level of colaboration between MS and AMD that wasnt the same for sony when in reality that is false in fact is we go back in time 1 year we have some very nice tibits that point to all the contrary,that Sony in did may have an even bigger colaboration with AMD not only than with MS but bigger than it was first believe.

A remarkable story has emerged claiming that AMD's upcoming Navi graphics architecture was created for Sony's PlayStation 5. Citing insider sources, Forbes contributor Jason Evangelho says that up to two thirds of the engineering staff was diverted to the project, with a negative knock-on effect on the development of AMD's Vega GPU technology. The report also suggests that this occurred against the wishes of the firm's then-Chief Architect, Raja Koduri, who has since moved on to Intel.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-amd-next-gen-graphics-tech-built-for-ps5-report

This was reported last year is 1 year old news,so if anything sony can have an even bigger colaboration agreement than MS with AMD.

#24 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10438 posts) -

Phil just said in that giant bomb interview that he didn't know ps5 specs. If he doesn't, I doubt anyone else in MS does. If this gen proved anything, it's that more tflops doesn't make prettier games... Good studios do.

#25 Posted by Calvincfb (1576 posts) -

Yeah, right LMFAO

#26 Posted by Bluestars (164 posts) -

It’s all about da power

Well done MS and Xbox one x for winning this Gen.

Goal posts getting moved in 3..2..1

#27 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18970 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

PC can have the best graphics, if you have an adequately powerful rig (which most don't). I know hermits love to claim that it's a hard rule, but it ain't :)

#28 Posted by DaVillain- (36860 posts) -

@04dcarraher: Selling Xbox Scarlet for $600 seems unlikely.

#29 Posted by lundy86_4 (53337 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: The same would account for Pro and X. It's a mixed bag at this point.

#30 Posted by DaVillain- (36860 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@pc_rocks said:

PC can have the best graphics, if you have an adequately powerful rig (which most don't). I know hermits love to claim that it's a hard rule, but it ain't :)

Not all PC gamers claim they have the most powerful rigs to brag but for some like me, we just like it's open-house with no strings-attach to any corporate slime bags is what makes PC great. To some Hermits here, my rig isn't as powerful as BassMan or Lundy86_4 and yet, I don't care, just wanna play all games with better versions :)

#31 Posted by I_P_Daily (12018 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Not all PC gamers claim they have the most powerful rigs to brag but for some like me, we just like it's open-house with no strings-attach to any corporate slime bags is what makes PC great. To some Hermits here, my rig isn't as powerful as BassMan or Lundy86_4 and yet, I don't care, just wanna play all games with better versions :)

This sums it up nicely

#32 Posted by FastNslowww (192 posts) -

Whats the point, the scarlett will most likely have little to NO new exclusives to show of that POWAH! *cough* Xbox One X *cough*

#33 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@Sevenizz said:

How embarrassing for your to come in this thread with veins popping out of your neck seriously attacking Sony fans when most of us are just poking fun at the desperation of you xbox fans desire to have sliver of power over PS5 for a non-existent performance gain in real world games.

lol the joke is on you.

Lol don't act like Sony fans weren't rejoicing and degrading Xbox fans when the "leaks" of the PS5 being more powerful came out just a few days ago. And lol you basically just said you're doing the exact same thing that Xbox fans are doing. you warranted that response by provoking it lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#34 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4729 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

And a known Xbot is in his feelings again.

I ain't saying that the next Xbox won;t be more powerful, I'm just saying this packet of info is bullshit. Sorry to dash your dreams.

#35 Edited by lundy86_4 (53337 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

This sums it up nicely

Dude, that's literally the PS Vs. Xbox fanbase. Except that it tends to jump fanbase dependant upon who has the better games/console.

#36 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@fastnslowww said:

Whats the point, the scarlett will most likely have little to NO new exclusives to show of that POWAH! *cough* Xbox One X *cough*

Microsoft bought a bunch of studios over the past year, and at least one (Ninja Theory) has confirmed they are developing several games right now.

#37 Posted by NfamousLegend (365 posts) -

Developers are still waiting for dev kits in mid 2019? What are MS doing, Sony sent out kits ages ago.

#38 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18970 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@pc_rocks said:

This sums it up nicely

Lol.

#39 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1283 posts) -

People fighting over what plastic has more power lol

#40 Edited by ronvalencia (28046 posts) -

@EG101 said:

MS has stated that Devs are still waiting on Scarlett dev kits so any rumor based on a comparison of dev kits is a false rumor. During E3 MS and AMD have stated that Scarlett will be based on a newer architecture than PS5.

"The result is that the next PlayStation will feature custom 7 nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 and Radeon Navi architectures, while the Xbox Scarlett will include "next generation Radeon RDNA gaming graphics architecture" as announced by Lisa Su, CEO and President of AMD. AMD has confirmed that next-generation RDNA will be based on a 7 nm+ FinFET process, which will support hardware-based real-time ray-tracing and next-gen RDNA. By contrast, the 7 nm Navi architecture will only be capable of shader-based ray tracing and current gen RDNA."

Sony needs to officially confirm "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing and stop dodging the issue.

#41 Edited by ronvalencia (28046 posts) -

@nfamouslegend said:

Developers are still waiting for dev kits in mid 2019? What are MS doing, Sony sent out kits ages ago.

Xbox One has Direct3D12 API micro-coding hardware engine which translates Direct3D12 API calls into GPU's instruction set, hence Microsoft is not completely boat anchored to AMD's GPU.

Direct3D12 API micro-coding hardware engine acts like X86 instruction set micro-coding hardware engine which hides Intel/AMD RISC CPU cores.

#42 Edited by tormentos (29185 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Sony needs to officially confirm "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing and stop dodging the issue.

MS need to confirm if it has ""the most powerful console"" ever built and stop dodging the issue.

Do you actually believe that sony is here in system wars reading what you write?

So why does sony need to confirm it what will you or anyone here win with that?

Are you looking for a victory in case Scarlet end up been weaker?

#43 Posted by ronvalencia (28046 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

MS need to confirm if it has ""the most powerful console"" ever built and stop dodging the issue.

Do you actually believe that sony is here in system wars reading what you write?

So why does sony need to confirm it what will you or anyone here win with that?

Are you looking for a victory in case Scarlet end up been weaker?

MS doesn't need to confirm "the most powerful console" when Sony fuk'ed up their VRM design for PS4 Pro (thanks to AMD's brain dead VRM designs).

#44 Posted by VFighter (4987 posts) -

@ronvalencia: Nobody knows wtf You're talking about.

#45 Posted by npiet1 (2308 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: and the price difference is ridiculous for the difference in graphics. It just doesn't always seem worth it IMO.

#46 Edited by BoxRekt (1656 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:
@Sevenizz said:

lol the joke is on you.

Lol don't act like Sony fans weren't rejoicing and degrading Xbox fans when the "leaks" of the PS5 being more powerful came out just a few days ago. And lol you basically just said you're doing the exact same thing that Xbox fans are doing. you warranted that response by provoking it lol.

Yes, fanboys poke at other fanboys, I completely came in to poke fun at the topic because it's really reaching and desperate.

As far as "provoking" a response. I don't see that way.

The guy I was responding to made the illogical assumption that posts in here by Sony fans was "damage control" lol, did you see my first post? Yeah, he was taking this topic seriously and projecting his desperation on Sony fans. I simply pointed that out.

Not my fault is a little power advantage is a huge deal to most xbox fans. I honestly think Sony fans do it more to rib xbox fans because they know that power is the only thing xbox fans try to make their arguments with. We really don't care like you guys do.

These systems are going to be close, I believe closer than OG PS4 and Xbox One.

At the power level that these systems are going to be at we're going to be hitting some serious diminishing returns. At 4k 60fps the multiplats are going to be closer than ever and I'm talking even compared to high end PC.

Anything other than a ground up exclusive is going to be virtually indistinguishable to the eye within 1 to 2 TF of difference. That's why lems fighting tooth and nail to get some kind of moral victory claiming "more powerful" is laughable because no one will see that difference and exclusives will still flatten all those multiplat games in graphics.

#47 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18970 posts) -

@npiet1: Agreed.

But each to their own.

#48 Posted by dagubot (1325 posts) -

That's cool for those looking forward to the Scarlet. My PC will always be ahead of consoles so everything gets played on my PC. I just want the Playstation 5 to offer me Horizon 2 & the next God of War.

#49 Posted by Vaidream45 (1955 posts) -

Nahhhh. I heard a rumor that the current Switch is more powerful than both Scarlett and PS5 combined! No sources...cuz....reasons. 😁

#50 Posted by PC_Rocks (2446 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Consoles can never have the best graphics, no matter what. As for most argument that's childish and strawman. Most consolites don't have X and Pro, most consolites won't have PS5/X2 come 2020. Most people don't have Mercedez/Lamborghini/BMW. At any instant in time there are more powerful gaming PC's out there than there are consoles.