Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection Announced

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

Good gollys, two shitty threads in a row.

These separate are already available, but they are ported by DotEmu who are fucking terrible.

Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection coming from Digital Eclipse this Fall

Features six classic SamSho titles

SNK and Digital Eclipse are to release a compilation of six classic Samurai Shodown titles. The Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection will include, as its title denotes, the six classic arcade releases that hit the MVS scene between 1993 and 2004.

Included are Samurai Shodown, the fantastic Samurai Shodown II, Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood, Samurai Shodown IV: Akamkusa's Revenge, and finally Samurai Shodown V and V Special. This collection is obviously a neat refresher for those planning to sink their swords into SNK's brand-new Samurai Shodown entry, which hits the market this summer.

The collection will feature online multiplayer, as well as a museum containing years of artwork, music and other assorted artifacts pertaining to the jugular-slicing series. Players will also be able to switch between the Japanese and World editions of each game, so no more milky-white blood.

The Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection launches this Fall on PS4, PC, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

#2 Posted by robert_sparkes (2914 posts) -

Just give us a new metal slug.

#4 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3753 posts) -

Is it HD?

#5 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30697 posts) -
@ni6htmare01 said:

Is it HD?

Since this is a re-release I doubt they would have redrawn any of the sprites in HD.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

Basically just get filters I imagine, much like SF30th.

Which is fine really, dipping your face in a bucket of shit one up's DotEmu.

#7 Posted by mojito1988 (3530 posts) -

I was pretty good in the arcades at Samurai Showdown 2. I had a great time with that game.

#8 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3753 posts) -

HD or not I will still buy it. The first one was the game that drove me to buy a Neo Geo Gold system in the 90s

#9 Posted by Ant_17 (12093 posts) -

I think snk need to chill out. I wish they would make a new thing than just wallop in nostalgia.

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

I think snk need to chill out. I wish they would make a new thing than just wallop in nostalgia.

Not SNK doing it.

Also -

Loading Video...

#11 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36044 posts) -

So, it's basically the Samurai Shodown Anthology (PS2, Wii), without VI. Sticking to that then.

#12 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

So, it's basically the Samurai Shodown Anthology (PS2, Wii), without VI. Sticking to that then.

Have fun with that online.

#13 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36044 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Oh no! No online. Whatever shall I do...

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Buy this and play an active online?

I mean, you've sort of tried to be sarcastic, while simultaneous answering the question.

#15 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36044 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Buy this and play an active online?

Lack of online doesn't bother me as much as it should, so...

Loading Video...

#16 Edited by Jag85 (13338 posts) -

@robert_sparkes: This. We need a new Metal Slug!

#17 Posted by VFighter (4792 posts) -

Too many greatvfighting games this gen, I can't keep up anymore. But I'll still buy this.

#18 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

What was the most recent series in this coming out for again? I saw this name Samurai Showdown a few times...

#19 Posted by Ant_17 (12093 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I don't mind those games, but it's the same thing. I'm tired of fighting games from them.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#20 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9191 posts) -

Has it been if it's physical or not? I'll probably get it day one on Switch if it's physical, and wait for a sale if it's not. I know it's not the same series, but too bad they didn't stick the two The Last Blade games on there.

#21 Posted by silkylove (8466 posts) -

Annoying that I already bought some of these for Switch, but I'll get this for online play.

#22 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

@silkylove said:

Annoying that I already bought some of these for Switch, but I'll get this for online play.

Not the only one brother. Like a dummy picked up all the Dotemu ports.

Just, unplayable, even in SP. Inputs don't register properly, in a fighting game. And they think that's, fine. And then just move onto the next port.

SNK dropped them for Code Mystics (Last Blade 2), instantly notice the difference.

The guys doing this version done an OK port with SF30th, they still got flack, but it was perfectly playable and fun, when online was active.

-

Unfortunately, with these older games, unless they pull the platforms together for crossplay, online won't last long imo. SF30th on PC, has about 30 players and almost all of them play SFIII, and these guys are by and large former pros where you have 0 chance of winning.

Using crossplay uses resources they probably don't have, with companies who probably won't agree to it. Which sucks, for sure.

Even just get a couple of weeks out of it, be cool. Or worse, find a freind.