Ryse: Son of Rome,PC Trailer,Requirements&Relese Date

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Those are some really vague system requirements...

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I wonder if they've tweaked at all. Otherwise, I don't imagine it even hitting the score plateau the Xbox One version hit.

I hope so for their sake. Everyone pretty much agreed it was a stinker.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

The game may be horrible but damn is it pretty. I'd love to see a Shadow of Rome game with those graphics.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I'm not going to believe those requirements. Far too vague and they are never correct anyway.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

lol, even the game's requirements are stupid. Why use 4k for recommended? And isn't that "DX11 GPU" a bit vague?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

The requirements seem quite normal. Like pretty much any dx11 PC port now.

I sincerely hope it looks much better than the original. And I don't mean resolution wise. They said they would develop the port as an actual PC game, let's see if they were telling the truth.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@freedomfreak said:

@Ballroompirate said:

PC gamers wouldn't pirate a "meh" or benchmark game as much as you think they will. If the game actually did well and made people excited to play it, then people would "pirate it to hell and back".

That's exactly why they would pirate it. Game is mediocre, but it is a really good benchmark. People are not gonna be lining up to pay for a benchmark, hence it will get pirated to hell and back.

Crytek games always get heavily pirated, because they are visual showcases.

Crysis 2 if I'm not mistaken was the only Crytek game to get massively pirated for benchmarking while the other Crysis games got smoked by other games like Fifa in illegal downloads.

If I'd throw a magical number on how many copies I think Ryse will get pirated, my guess would be around 80,000 downloads at most (on a single site), which might seem a lot but it's no where close to beating the top pirated games which usually get 190,000+ downloads.

I think there was a number out there that Watch Dogs reached around 250,000+ downloads.

Only 80,000?

Lol, my guess would be in the millions.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#59 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

The requirements seem quite normal. Like pretty much any dx11 PC port now.

I sincerely hope it looks much better than the original. And I don't mean resolution wise. They said they would develop the port as an actual PC game, let's see if they were telling the truth.

I think they did a good job to optimize the game . Crysis 3 was a demanding game but it also scaled well on multiple threads .

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@parkurtommo: Notice I said at most on one site, there's more than one torrent site. Example if there's 5 torrent sites and it goes something like 40k dls on websites 1-3, 75k dls on website 4 and website 5 has 80k dls = a combined 275,000 dls.

Like I said earlier people already know Ryse is a below average game (honestly I'm only gonna get it cause I love anything about the Roman Empire), even if all they wanted to do was use it for a benchmark, there's better benchmarks out there unless you wanna try a 4k benchmark with Ryse.

Also Ryse is on Pre sale on Steam if anyone cares, it's $39.99

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Should've been like this : Minimum - Recommended - 4K ! not so many ppl go with 4K ...think i'll be able to play it on high-ultra with 7870 (AA off)

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Will it have a benchmark loop? because if it doesn't what is the point, it is not like somebody is going to play this crap...

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#63 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I'll say it....I would buy it for $5-$10 simply because I love that era. The worst thing I keep hearing about is clunky controls or something. Does anyone know if they updated anything? Fixed anything?