Ryse: Son of Rome - Forging the Armor and Weapons

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for waltefmoney
#1 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

How rad is this? Rad to the max.

Avatar image for bobbetybob
#2 Edited by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

Damn, that's pretty awesome, it's like the ultimate cosplay.

Avatar image for YD_11
#3 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

That is pretty sweet. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to make too. Looking forward to seeing if Ryse can play as nicely as it looks

Avatar image for KarateeeChop
#4 Edited by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

mind blowing. hyped to the max.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
#5 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (272 posts) -

Thanks for the post. Nov.22 is taking forever!

Avatar image for padaporra
#6 Posted by padaporra (3508 posts) -

I had the chance to play Ryse today and although I can't make any conclusion about the game, it made me believe the game can actually be ok. It certainly isn't as clunkly as I believed from earlier gameplay videos.

It might be a solid game to have as a launch title.

About the video, I liked it. They could have shown the real versions of the armors and weapons for comparison. It's very cool that Ryse is giving its own feel to Ancient Rome.

Avatar image for Lumpy311
#7 Edited by Lumpy311 (2009 posts) -

@enviouseyezonme said:

Thanks for the post. Nov.22 is taking forever!

Your sig is amazing

Avatar image for maninflames-77
#8 Posted by ManInFlames-77 (300 posts) -

720p

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#10 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@padaporra said:

I had the chance to play Ryse today and although I can't make any conclusion about the game, it made me believe the game can actually be ok. It certainly isn't as clunkly as I believed from earlier gameplay videos.

It might be a solid game to have as a launch title.

About the video, I liked it. They could have shown the real versions of the armors and weapons for comparison. It's very cool that Ryse is giving its own feel to Ancient Rome.

Cows used year old footage as "ownage" so of course all the combat problems will be ironed out for launch. I cannot wait personally. Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Day One baybay :)

Avatar image for Szminsky
#11 Posted by Szminsky (1471 posts) -

Can you forge different weapons and armor in the game? Is there customization?

Avatar image for shawn30
#12 Posted by shawn30 (4396 posts) -

Looks great, I just want a single player launch trailer for the finished game.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#13 Posted by freedomfreak (49887 posts) -

Yeah, that's rad. Holy shit, that's rad.

Avatar image for Ninja-Hippo
#14 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -

Devs constantly rage about the costs associated with modern game development, yet they're having someone hand craft a 24 caret gold plated suit of armor just to sit in their lobby?

Avatar image for 2mrw
#15 Posted by 2mrw (5718 posts) -

looks as uninteresting as it was before I saw the video.

Avatar image for waltefmoney
#16 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Devs constantly rage about the costs associated with modern game development, yet they're having someone hand craft a 24 caret gold plated suit of armor just to sit in their lobby?

Maybe it has something to do with that Ryse live action web series that's being reported on.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#17 Edited by cainetao11 (32724 posts) -

Yeah looking forward to Ryse.

Avatar image for Heil68
#18 Posted by Heil68 (57856 posts) -

Looks really good. I still think the gameplay will drag it down. Guess we'll see.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#19 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

Looks downgraded more and more with every new video.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -

So badass. Can't wait to try out the game.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#21 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

as much as i can say this game looks very nice. The gameplay is what scares me....

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#22 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

720p

900p

YOU SIR FAIL!

have issue with 900p now? cough bf4 cough

either way the 720p games rumour is tied to driver issues rumour.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#23 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

Honestly, i'd rather play with the armor than the game...

Avatar image for sethman410
#24 Posted by sethman410 (2967 posts) -

What does rad mean? lol

Avatar image for killzowned24
#25 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

Avatar image for waltefmoney
#26 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

@sethman410 said:

What does rad mean? lol

Radical.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#27 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

Honestly, i'd rather play with the armor than the game...

ha, sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on that stuff either!

Avatar image for killzowned24
#28 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@killzowned24 said:

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

Honestly, i'd rather play with the armor than the game...

ha, sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on that stuff either!

lol http://www.abload.de/img/vb2arl2o.gif

Avatar image for Snugenz
#29 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@killzowned24 said:

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

Honestly, i'd rather play with the armor than the game...

ha, sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on that stuff either!

With Halloween around the corner could you imagine walking into a party with that kit on, awww yeah. And if anyone started talking shit about the skirt you'd have the sword to teach em what-for.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#30 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@k2theswiss said:

@killzowned24 said:

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

Honestly, i'd rather play with the armor than the game...

ha, sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on that stuff either!

With Halloween around the corner could you imagine walking into a party with that kit on, awww yeah. And if anyone started talking shit about the skirt you'd have the sword to teach em what-for.

haha AWEEE YEAAA. I NEED for Halloween party next week!

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

lol http://www.abload.de/img/vb2arl2o.gif

A sped up GIF, would.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#32 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12379 posts) -

That is a beautiful set of armor - more amazing that armor comparable to that one were being made 2000 years ago.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#33 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

lol http://www.abload.de/img/vb2arl2o.gif

A sped up GIF, would.

its not not sped up it just like crap lol.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#34 Edited by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -
Loading Video...

Yeah, not sped up at all.

The lip syncing is off, but it's definitely a bad GIF. Wait until the final release.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#35 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Yeah, not sped up at all.

The lip syncing is off, but it's definitely a bad GIF. Wait until the final release.

Why would you post an old video and not use the one its taken from? Oh ,because its not sped up LOL

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#36 Edited by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Why would you post an old video and not use the one its taken from? Oh ,because its not sped up LOL

Show me the one it's taken from. I looked, and searched through footage. If i'm wrong, then awesome.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#37 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Why would you post an old video and not use the one its taken from? Oh ,because its not sped up LOL

Show me the one it's taken from. I looked, and searched through footage. If i'm wrong, then awesome.

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

Avatar image for Tessellation
#38 Posted by Tessellation (9006 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Looks downgraded more and more with every new video.

@killzowned24 said:

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

@killzowned24 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

lol http://www.abload.de/img/vb2arl2o.gif

A sped up GIF, would.

its not not sped up it just like crap lol.

posting 3 times about the game can only mean one thing,you're butthurt #CRYMOREDWELLER

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#39 Edited by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it. I don't remember seeing it.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#40 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it.

Lems don't even watch their own videos lol.

http://youtu.be/94oKJz5KYMM?t=2m23s

Avatar image for Innovazero2000
#41 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3159 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Looks downgraded more and more with every new video.

Grab some glasses troll, not as downgraded as your blabbering posts. Like idiots claiming that Killzone doesn't look good, you look just as ridiculous spewing nonsense on Ryse. Clearly both games are the torches to kick off this generation.... geesh, shouldn't expect any less though...

Avatar image for killzowned24
#42 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@Innovazero2000 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Looks downgraded more and more with every new video.

Grab some glasses troll, not as downgraded as your blabbering posts. Like idiots claiming that Killzone doesn't look good, you look just as ridiculous spewing nonsense on Ryse. Clearly both games are the torches to kick off this generation.... geesh, shouldn't expect any less though...

pretty sad lems torch is sub 1080p LOL.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#43 Edited by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it.

Lems don't even watch their own videos lol.

http://youtu.be/94oKJz5KYMM?t=2m23s

I'm a Lem? We don't even have a voice over for that. So, at the end of the day, we're commenting on a GIF with no voice over? I assumed it was a poor choice due to the fast lip movement... Yet you choose something with no voice over, whatsoever.

What was the point?

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
#44 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1231 posts) -

Not sure what is so impressive about that video.

Avatar image for casharmy
#45 Posted by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it.

Lems don't even watch their own videos lol.

http://youtu.be/94oKJz5KYMM?t=2m23s

lol, lundy owned

Avatar image for killzowned24
#46 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@killzowned24 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it.

Lems don't even watch their own videos lol.

http://youtu.be/94oKJz5KYMM?t=2m23s

lol, lundy owned

So easy too :D

Avatar image for waltefmoney
#47 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -
@GhettoBlastin92 said:

Not sure what is so impressive about that video.

Not surprising, you have a walking dead sig.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#48 Posted by lundy86_4 (48650 posts) -

@casharmy said:

lol, lundy owned

Why?

His point was that it looked like a ventriloquist puppet... There was no audio... Even in the video he showed. How would it not?

Avatar image for Innovazero2000
#49 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3159 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@Innovazero2000 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Looks downgraded more and more with every new video.

Grab some glasses troll, not as downgraded as your blabbering posts. Like idiots claiming that Killzone doesn't look good, you look just as ridiculous spewing nonsense on Ryse. Clearly both games are the torches to kick off this generation.... geesh, shouldn't expect any less though...

pretty sad lems torch is sub 1080p LOL.

And? 900p, woopy doo. The supersampling upscaler does a hell of a job up to 1080p. It still is arguably the best display of the Cryengine 3 engine to date...you are drawing at straws here...

Avatar image for killzowned24
#50 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@casharmy said:

lol, lundy owned

Why?

His point was that it looked like a ventriloquist puppet... There was no audio... Even in the video he showed. How would it not?

But teh sped up..lol