Ryse is only three hours long

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

FLOP incoming.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@TruthArisen said:

@R3FURBISHED: Wonder Woman responds.

"Obamacare site was written in English. :-("

I wish you shut the hell up.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#103 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@psymon100 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@psymon100 said:

How bad is this? I don't know. Recently I played through Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and it was shorter than 3hrs.

But obviously the shorter a game is - the less value you get.

Like Journey?

I haven't played that game my fellow turtle appreciator. But I've heard it's pretty short.

But that's a good point you're alluding to, if Journey can be respected despite it's short length, so could other short games?

I played Journey twice. Fun, different, enjoyable. Not GOTY material for me. Its about 2 hours, but only 15 bucks. I don't believe the whole of Ryse is 3 hours, just because someone played an hour and a half and believes he was half way through. That's the problem with people here. They jump on a thing said and make it the Gospel truth. Now if Ryse has Turtles? AAAAE dawg!!!

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

Apparently Kevin already had access to 90% percent of the game "after recently playing almost two hours of Ryse"

that are he repeatedly played a level or two for 2 hours

sad if each level is around 20 - 30 minutes

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I havn't enjoyed any of crytek's games since Crysis Warhead, this looks to continue their mediocrity.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

Doubt it. I just watched 1 Hr of single player campaign taken from the first chapter, and it took about an hr to get through. There are 7 chapters.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Ryse is this gen's Heavenly Sword.

a hack an slash with ok graphics, but has Amazing face animations. Short campaign, story is about soldier getting revenge on a War Lord/King

Ha..........There will be Sony Fan that tell you that HS was awesome.

In fact I know one in person! He's probably also going to tell me Knack is awesome as well. I also loved how apeshit he went when he just only got PS3, even if he got 360 prior to that. He didn't even like racing games, but was convincing me how amazing Motorstorm was, how amazing edge it gives to PS3 and blows 360 out of the water. Same for Heavenly Sword. He used it as a trump card. BTW I've had PS3, so I'm not bashing the system for the sake of it, but gosh his hyping of Heavenly Sword was way lame.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The faster this chore ends the better lol. 3h long, worst combat system seen in a video game in the last 10 years, 900p. My body is ready,,,,,,,,,,,, for dat review lol

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#109  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Typical crytek. Tech demo and that's it. I was more disappointed in crysis 3 as the game left me wanting more. It was beautiful and fun but it was short. Seems ryse is exactly that though it also seems like it isn't fun either.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@kuu2 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

a hack an slash with ok graphics, but has Amazing face animations. Short campaign, story is about soldier getting revenge on a War Lord/King

I love HEAVENLY SWORD.

I loved Heavenly Sword too.....awesome game

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@kuu2 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I love HEAVENLY SWORD.

I haven't played it, I've heard it was amazingly short, however I have also heard it had amazing blocking system, but I love Ninja Theory as a developer. They're formerly Argonaut Games and I've even had the pleasure to chat with their CEO once. I've recently gotten DMC 2013 and I feel I'm going to have a blast with it!

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Can't say that I'm honestly surprised.

Ryse is basically serving the same function that Shadow Fall is on the PS4.

It's the next-gen graphical showcase that proves to consumers that they'll legitimately see things that simply weren't possible on last gen tech.

All about that instant "shock" factor.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Ahahahahahahahaha. Typical, Microsoft. Why not make a game with some single player substance for a change? We'll wait. We have been waiting the last... twelve years.

That comment right there proves that you've never owned an XBox or 360

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

This is going to be a very poor launch line up for both next gen consoles. Cows and Lems are just arguing back and forth about which launch sucks less.

But the good news is that launch titles never makes or breaks a console. There's still a long 6+ years to go in this war so we'll see how it pans out.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#115 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

3 hours in heaven

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@EnergyAbsorber said:

This is going to be a very poor launch line up for both next gen consoles. Cows and Lems are just arguing back and forth about which launch sucks less.

But the good news is that launch titles never makes or breaks a console. There's still a long 6+ years to go in this war so we'll see how it pans out.

The good news is that Ryse isn't the only launch game for The One unlike popular belief

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@cainetao11: Ah, I get you man. Some people do swallow rubbish information easily.

Yeah, like you, I don't automatically assume it's going to be three hours. I mean sure, it's possible it could be 3 hours, but that possibility existed before this article was posted, lol.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

Most games have 3-4 hour campaigns, and I dont think it was 3 hours. Plus, there are a majority of things to do after the campaign, like online or free-roaming, you name it!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 cainetao11

@psymon100: Just by your lingo, where you from dude? England?

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@cainetao11: I'm down here in New Zealand, where the Xbox One is in a shark tank.

But yeah, calling things 'rubbish' is pretty English, lol :P

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@bumsonfire said:

Most games have 3-4 hour campaigns, and I dont think it was 3 hours. Plus, there are a majority of things to do after the campaign, like online or free-roaming, you name it!

Um no... most games do not have 3-4 hour campaigns. You only ever really see that with FPS titles

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cainetao11

@psymon100 said:

@cainetao11: I'm down here in New Zealand, where the Xbox One is in a shark tank.

But yeah, calling things 'rubbish' is pretty English, lol :P

That's right you mentioned that before. Gonna get there and Australia in next 2 years. Got someone in Oz I'm dying to talk to.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#126  Edited By daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

still longer than i played on that crap wii u..it takes that long just to navigate the menues hahahah

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#127 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Xbox guy says 7 hours? Probably end up being 4-5hrs long then.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

LMFAO!!!! 3 hour game for $60?!

Maybe if it was BF or COD they can pull this off but 3 hours?!

lol watch lemmings justify this nonsense like they did DRM

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

LMFAO!!!! 3 hour game for $60?!

Maybe if it was BF or COD they can pull this off but 3 hours?!

lol watch lemmings justify this nonsense like they did DRM

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#130 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

3 hours of QTE at 900p/30. Great xD

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

This game will score quite poorly. It has that stench all over it. Extremely short campaign. Multiplayer looks bad. Combat diversity (the non-QTE stuff) appears to lack much diversity (it will never be mistaken for DmC, NG, Bayonetta, or any other decent action game of that sort).

I'd love to be surprised and wrong, as the game is quite pretty. I just...based on what I've seen, I have no reason to believe the scores won't be horrible.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@danabo said:

Assuming Legendary is the top difficulty setting and assuming it really did last him 7 hours, it's easy to see how it could last some 3-5 hours in easier settings really. Especially if the cutscenes are consistently short.

Of course, this is "assuming" a lot of stuff though. We should wait for the final reviews and get confirmation (or not) on this.

I'm assuming his answer was Yes it's the final build that he is currently playing on Legendary, and that he first finished the SP campaign in 7 hours, no?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#136 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Only 3 hours....??lolol XBone 720p.....lolol

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Have we been naive enough to believe, in the space of an instant, that Ryse could become Xbox One's God of War? We'll tell you straight up, it won't be anything, besides the sexy veneer that Crytek's title hides itself under. Certainly, the spectacular panorama views are numerous (English cliff, Roman hills), filled with ultra-high polygon models and with decorations filled with details, all draped with beautiful textures dunked in a bath of next-gen shaders. But while we're talking about spectacular views, the extremely linear levels to the extreme don't offer any possibility of exploration (in terms of climbing or platforming segments like God of War) and instead strings together combat arenas (a street, a market, a beach, repeat). Combat finds itself the central -- even if we wouldn't say only -- mechanic of Ryse.

Let's talk about combat. Commanding of Roman General Marius Titus, who launches into a campaign against the barbarians after the murder of his family (in a totally ridiculous scene), the player will initially start out impressed by the scene that ends each combat scenario, which underlines the brutality of each strike in a classy slow-mo. You'll amuse yourself for a while with the limpid mechanics, alternating between sword attacks, parries, and dodges to stop or stall enemy attacks, as well as QTEs that are symbolized by the colours of the gamepad buttons, which need to be entered as fast as possible to multiply their benefits (you can choose between health, XP, slower power gauge, or bonus damage). A few tens of minutes later, the snoozing rhythm of the combat risks ruining the veneer: our session quickly turned into a repetitive and undifferentiated fight depending only on the type of enemy (small barbarian, big barbarian, end of level boss).

An hour and a half gave us enough time to beat almost half the chapters that make up the game, in other words we have little hope that our final verdict will sing a different song than this preview (at least without an end-game miracle or time spent in co-op).

At this time, we can only tell you this: Don't buy an Xbox One for Ryse, because the chance that the game won't disappoint is low.

(Should I buy it) Day One ?

No

Why: Because this title has a strong risk of just being a tech demo, its visuals hiding poorly an vulgar retelling of ancient Rome and a game design centered on an extremely repetitive combat system. You probably won't want to buy this ever, let alone day one.

SOURCE

Ahahahahahahahaha. Typical, Microsoft. Why not make a game with some single player substance for a change? We'll wait. We have been waiting the last... twelve years.

Microsoft didn't make this game. Crytek did. They've been a downhill slope quality wise since Crysis 1. Don't act so shocked...

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@danabo said:

@Desmonic said:

Assuming Legendary is the top difficulty setting and assuming it really did last him 7 hours, it's easy to see how it could last some 3-5 hours in easier settings really. Especially if the cutscenes are consistently short.

Of course, this is "assuming" a lot of stuff though. We should wait for the final reviews and get confirmation (or not) on this.

I'm assuming his answer was Yes it's the final build that he is currently playing on Legendary, and that he first finished the SP campaign in 7 hours, no?

That's just it though, he didn't time nor do we know (or I don't know at least) if Legendary is the top difficulty (which always adds some time to a playthrough in most games).

If both of these are completely correct though, like I said it's not really hard to see how it could some 3-5 hours to beat in easier settings. So I think we are better off waiting for reviews to confirm or deny this, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Nope, jump to conclusions.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#139 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

cant wait to pick this game next week.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@kuu2 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I love HEAVENLY SWORD.

I haven't played it, I've heard it was amazingly short, however I have also heard it had amazing blocking system, but I love Ninja Theory as a developer. They're formerly Argonaut Games and I've even had the pleasure to chat with their CEO once. I've recently gotten DMC 2013 and I feel I'm going to have a blast with it!

You will....DMC is another game I enjoyed the hell out of.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Dislike the Heavenly Sword comparisons. HS was actually a good little game, with tons of charm. Ryse is just ... ughh pointless. Complete waste of money when they could have just had Rare remake the original Banjo or something.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

How about just waiting til actual reviews come out? lol

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Knack vs Ryse. The fight for most generic and dissapointing launch game continues!!

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It might not be in his financial interests to say otherwise. We won't know for sure until we can review content from a variety of sources.

I also don't believe any sort of Xbox manager is going lie to some random follower on Twitter. I trust what people in Mike Ybarra's position say

You are naive then. Not saying whether he's right or wrong about this game...but the last person one should believe is one with a financial stake.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

CryTek don't make games, they make glorified tech demos.

Take it as a demonstration of the XBONE's capabilities and nothing more.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Newhopes said:

Why are cows so fixated over Ryse?

Because they want it. If it became available for ps4, they'd be like "OMG this game is so good"

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#148 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

love the graphics

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@Phazevariance said:

@Newhopes said:

Why are cows so fixated over Ryse?

Because they want it. If it became available for ps4, they'd be like "OMG this game is so good"

Either that or they are actually pissed that The One has multiple other launch titles that look way better than anything the PS4 has currently so they are using Ryse as damage control.

Avatar image for trcthrobbinhood
TRCThrobbinhood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#150 TRCThrobbinhood
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

Only 3 hours....??lolol XBone 720p.....lolol

About the same as PS4 Call of Duty which has also been running at 720p. Assassins Creed has also been announced it will run at 720p until a patch coming later, that could be a while so we can start calling it PS4 720p too lol.