rumour: real monster hunter game coming to switch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

So, apparntly XX won't be ported because they a working on a new game developed from ground up on switch.

monster hunter world will probably look better...especially on PC but might play very differently or casualized for the bro audience.

but the new switch game will surely be the real next installment.

-----------------------

SOURCE: the guy who said the ps4 would get a monster hunter game back in october of last year. is the guy leaking this information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6hzy9n/guy_who_teased_mhw_before_its_announcement_on_gaf/?st=j44etk66&sh=4bef9281

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241122241&postcount=1616

#2 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

Play differently? World plays just like every other MH game. Have you not seen the leaked footage?

#3 Posted by enzyme36 (3273 posts) -

I welcome all new Monster Hunter. I believe that Capcom is on record calling MHW the real MH5... still leaving the number off the game seems curious. Either way, there is an audience on Switch that will love to play a new Monster Hunter on Switch. Some of these people im sure are feeling betrayed after Switch got left out of World.. and XX localization got canned.

For the record, I think expanding the audience is great, and I like what they are trying to do with MHW. Its a magical series, but it has a steep entry barrier... hopefully this brings more people along.

#4 Posted by mmmwksil (16422 posts) -

After hearing from people I trust, I'm a bit more at ease with MHW. So calling it a "casualized" experience feels extreme.

However, I'm not against more MH for Switch. It's probably my most wanted title for the device, next to Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley. Just something to dump hundreds of hours into, and get the most out of my Switch.

#5 Posted by sailor232 (6830 posts) -

I can't wait for MHW, but would also love a more traditional Monster Hunter on Switch, no area transitions in World already changed the whole game up drastically, the same with hiding in bushes and seeing a hit counter.

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

Play differently? World plays just like every other MH game. Have you not seen the leaked footage?

you mean the cgi trailer? yea i saw it.

#7 Posted by Archangel3371 (23859 posts) -

Cool, the more the merrier. I'll get Monster Hunter World on the Xbox One and if this rumour proves true then I'll get that game as well.

#8 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: no. Like real gameplay footage. It looks and plays just like any other MH game

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

@KBFloYd: no. Like real gameplay footage. It looks and plays just like any other MH game

no it doesnt....

#10 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: it really does. What's different about it?

#11 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

@KBFloYd: it really does. What's different about it?

now there is an announcer to help you through the game....giving you tips... zelda navi anyone?

scoutflys handhold you right to the monsters.

and when you fight monsters. other monsters step in which will kill the monster for you?

sneaking ability lets you totally ignore monsters at will.

still havnt seen the hub world village....or the armor crafting ...the item management...ption crafting...the village tasks.....

seems i a bit more casualized and cinematic to me. idk.... i'll proabably just wait for the authentic switch one.

we'll see.

#12 Edited by GameboyTroy (8736 posts) -

Is this confirmed?

#13 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@GameboyTroy said:

Is this confirmed?

did you even read the title of the thread? lol

#14 Posted by GameboyTroy (8736 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

Are you talking about this footage? It can be dark though.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-e3-2017-behind-closed-doors-presentation-leaked

https://u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4

#15 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Im assuming some of those things are just from the tutorial. I think capcom has an event tomorrow or the day after showing more of the game so hopefully we get to see the hub world and all that good stuff.

#16 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@GameboyTroy: yes that's it.

#17 Posted by koko-goal (1051 posts) -

Real... real MH?

monster hunter world will probably look better...especially on PC but might play very differently or casualized for the bro audience.

#18 Posted by mmmwksil (16422 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

now there is an announcer to help you through the game....giving you tips... zelda navi anyone?

and when you fight monsters. other monsters step in which will kill the monster for you?

still havnt seen the hub world village....or the armor crafting ...the item management...ption crafting...the village tasks.....

seems i a bit more casualized and cinematic to me. idk.... i'll proabably just wait for the authentic switch one.

we'll see.

It's a presentation, not part of the game.

Scoutfly thing is a new method of tracking monsters. Without segmented areas you no longer simply "know" where the monster will spawn.

Monsters killing each other was always meant to be a thing but was never fully implemented. Chances are it won't be as clear cut as you're making it out to be.

Sneaking is a good addition, and allows ranged users to actually use stealth for their combat.

Village may not have been shown, but it will exist. It has to, as the quests still have time limits and kick you out when you're done.

Your wool is showing so much it's embarrassing.

#19 Posted by Shewgenja (19517 posts) -

"Real" Monster Hunter? Is this more of that True 4k reverse psychology stuff coming from Sheep, now?

#20 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@mmmwksil said:
@KBFloYd said:

we'll see.

It's a presentation, not part of the game.

Scoutfly thing is a new method of tracking monsters. Without segmented areas you no longer simply "know" where the monster will spawn.

Monsters killing each other was always meant to be a thing but was never fully implemented. Chances are it won't be as clear cut as you're making it out to be.

Sneaking is a good addition, and allows ranged users to actually use stealth for their combat.

Village may not have been shown, but it will exist. It has to, as the quests still have time limits and kick you out when you're done.

Your wool is showing so much it's embarrassing.

the announcer will be in the game....if it can be turned off remains to be seen.

scoutfly is a handholding way of tracking monsters.

monster killing is a way to say ooohh awww while another monster kills your monster.

i hate sneaking...

your agenda for defending this game is unclear to me..... do you own a ps4?

this might help me evaluate your reasoning.

#21 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

"Real" Monster Hunter? Is this more of that True 4k reverse psychology stuff coming from Sheep, now?

i really wouldnt be upset....it will be cool for all you playstation guys who have missed out on monster hunter for so many years. to you it will be your monster hunter.

so enjoy it....

this thread is for people who want the old school type of monster hunter.....

there is always people who like old school better.

#22 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

We get it, you have buyers remorse with the switch.

#23 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:

We get it, you have buyers remorse with the switch.

me? the biggest nintendo fanboy ever has remorse for buying a nintendo console?

lol

#24 Posted by Pedro (29029 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Ignorance is bliss. 😛

#25 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

How are scout Flys any different from using paintballs?

#26 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

How are scout Flys any different from using paintballs?

this is paintballs

and this is scout flies

#27 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: both are ways of tracking the target.

#28 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

@KBFloYd: both are ways of tracking the target.

yeah one is a little fairy showing you were to go and the other is a spot on the map that you figure out how to get to.

#29 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

Lol let's not act like it's difficult to track down a target with paintballs.

#30 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

Lol let's not act like it's difficult to track down a target with paintballs.

sure once you are familiar with the map.

not when its your first time in the zone.....

the fairy makes it so that you never have to worry about that.

#31 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: apparently you have to find traces of the monster first before you can even use the scout flies.

#32 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

@KBFloYd: apparently you have to find traces of the monster first before you can even use the scout flies.

ok well....i'll reserve further judgement until the game is released.....japan will be the measure stick for me. if it sells 1million or more on ps4 in japan.

then i take back everything i said. if xx on switch sells 1 million and world sells less then a million in japan....then it will show which series is better.

edit:

although xx ix a 3ds port....the new switch game will be more telling...

but if world on ps4 passes 1 million in japan then it is a success for capcom no doubt.

also the reviews scores will be cool to.

#33 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: yea I'm hyped big time for it. I love the old games and I'm excited to see where they take this next. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon.

#34 Edited by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

@KBFloYd: yea I'm hyped big time for it. I love the old games and I'm excited to see where they take this next. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon.

i am also interested in seeing how this game turns out.

#35 Posted by UItravioIence (912 posts) -

@KBFloYd: why do you want it to turn out bad?

#36 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

@KBFloYd: why do you want it to turn out bad?

lol so the switch will have the superior version

just fanboy stuff....nothing to worry about if the game is fire it will do very well and maybe the series will shift to the new style.

#37 Edited by j2zon2591 (3204 posts) -

I'm guessing new MH for Switch will look very close to MHW but will have the usual compartmentalized maps.

No way they're leaving the MH handheld cash.

#38 Posted by nethernova (5580 posts) -
@uitravioience said:

Shhh, it's what sheep keep telling themselves to sleep better. "Bu... but... it's not real."

@KBFloYd said:

ok well....i'll reserve further judgement until the game is released

Wow, what a shocker. It seems way more sensible to judge the complete game by the first trailer.

#39 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

@nethernova said:
@uitravioience said:

Shhh, it's what sheep keep telling themselves to sleep better. "Bu... but... it's not real."

@KBFloYd said:

ok well....i'll reserve further judgement until the game is released

Wow, what a shocker. It seems way more sensible to judge the complete game by the first trailer.

lol seems you have a little denial yourself..... we'll see when the game releases scores and sells.

#40 Edited by superbuuman (6087 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

Will mostlikely end up getting both version MHW on PC...& Switch one if true...IF only Switch version look as great as the pic :P...hopefully MHW (PC) will look that great. :P

#41 Posted by Litchie (21239 posts) -

That would be awesome. Especially after they went "no, we're not bringing you Switch fans XX", "no, we're not bringing you Switch fans World".

#42 Edited by lamprey263 (35013 posts) -

Maybe it is better though to wait for the new game internationally. Sometimes series when they release a new game in a new gen or piece of hardware have one game everyone jumps on but subsequent games not so much. Like only a small fraction who played FFXIII ended up playing XII-2 or Lightning Returns. Maybe it is more prudent to wait for a new MH game for the international release, even if it does look like such a wasted opportunity to simply localize the MHXX game they're already making for the Switch. Then again, Japan's an exception for the series, that's their target audience. They have a ton of those MH MMO games over there that they don't bother with outside Japan. They probably made XX for Japan considering there's no sign of franchise fatigue happening over there.

#43 Posted by mmmwksil (16422 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

your agenda for defending this game is unclear to me..... do you own a ps4?

this might help me evaluate your reasoning.

Agenda...? 😄

Because clearly I have an agenda when it comes to hoping for the best from a game in a series I'm fond of. I don't automatically hate something because it's not on my platform of choice. Learn to love games instead of the hardware that runs them.

#44 Posted by spike6958 (6691 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Sorry dude, but Monster Hunter World IS the next real Monster Hunter. It's the real deal.

Loading Video...

#45 Posted by enzyme36 (3273 posts) -

Just watched the vid from this morning... man that is a lot of chasing. Not digging the world concept yet... nor the sparkly fireflys.

Still too early to form a real opinion... but hype is trending in the wrong direction.

#46 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29702 posts) -

I don't know if you knew this, but Monster Hunter XX is a game you can get for your Switch regardless if it's localized or not.

#47 Posted by GameboyTroy (8736 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I don't know if you knew this, but Monster Hunter XX is a game you can get for your Switch regardless if it's localized or not.

That's true. People can import the game for the Switch because its not region locked, right?

#48 Posted by superbuuman (6087 posts) -

@GameboyTroy said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

That's true. People can import the game for the Switch because its not region locked, right?

Yea as long as you can read Japanese though ;) :P

#49 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29702 posts) -

@superbuuman: At least Monster Hunter is one of those games where you don't really need to read to "get it".