RUMOUR: Microsoft to announce new acquisition at E3.

• 133 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#101 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 51375 Posts

@vatususreturns said:

Hum, no. They had a close history with sony for years. Sony funded R&C and Resistance and gave them the Spider-man IP. Only then was it bought. What have they done as a 3rd party? Fuse, wich flopped hard cause no one cared and Sunset Overdrive that was actually an Xbox exclusive only because they wanted to own the IP. If it was exclusive to xbox then it isnt 3rd party at all. Insomniac were in bed with Sony cause their most successfull IPs were funded by sony and were never multiplat IPs. Comparing the case of insomniac with Bethesda is just asinine to me

Firstly, I don't think anyone is comparing just Insomniac to Bethesda. They are simply pointing out that Sony purchased studios for game development just like Microsoft is purchasing studios for game development. Spinning the narrative as if these purchases are different from Microsoft purchasing studios is silly. The vast majority of Sony gaming studios were purchased.

What has Insomniac done as third party or outside of Sony, well

• Disruptor
  • Outernauts
  • Fuse
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Slow Down, Bull
  • Fruit Fusion
  • Bad Dinos
  • Digit & Dash
  • Song of the Deep
  • Edge of Nowhere
  • The Unspoken
  • Feral Rites
  • Seedling
  • Stormland
  • Strangelets
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 NathanDrakeSwag  Online
Member since 2013 • 16395 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@dabear said:
@vatususreturns said:
@dabear said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Umm... Sony has purchased a lot of studios....

People keep posting something like this not realizing there's a big key difference here. Most studios Sony bought were already studios making Sony owned IPs like the cases of Sucker Punch and Insomniac, i.e. 2nd party developers. Point me a 3rd party publisher Sony bought? I can think of none tbh

What MS is doing is just buying out 3rd party IPs and taking'em away from the competition. Thats way worse and hella BAD for the industry

Insomniac made Sunset Overdrive as a Microsoft Published game last gen, so...

wow, one game... it was an exception because Insomniac wanted to develop an IP they could own. That doesnt void the fact they were in bed with sony for quite some time with the R&C and Resistance series. Hell, now they even gave the Spider-man IP to them

Sunset Overdrive bombed in sales too. It was a highly rated new IP and Xbox users didn't support it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 31925 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: well to be fair, at the time, it was a new game, and you had to pay full price, two things that Xbox users hate.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38510 Posts

My goodness the bovine brigade must be gluten's for punishment because they sure are taking it on the chin erm I mean utters in this thread and so many others and seem to really enjoy the punishment.....

lol :P

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1174 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: The only people who gave negative comments were those whose console wasn’t getting the studios.

Cows moan about “games” for Xbox, then moaned when they made one of the biggest acquisition in gaming history.

Bethesda games were already on Xbox. Microsoft paid to take them off PS. What gamers wanted to see was for Microsoft to create their own studios and IP. Microsoft brings absolutely nothing to the table to justify the Xbox brands existence.

Sony's IP wouldn't exist without them taking risks and allowing their creators to create. Fallout and Elder Scrolls would continue to be made with or without Microsoft.

They have created a new studio though?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 3982 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@dabear said:
@vatususreturns said:
@dabear said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Umm... Sony has purchased a lot of studios....

People keep posting something like this not realizing there's a big key difference here. Most studios Sony bought were already studios making Sony owned IPs like the cases of Sucker Punch and Insomniac, i.e. 2nd party developers. Point me a 3rd party publisher Sony bought? I can think of none tbh

What MS is doing is just buying out 3rd party IPs and taking'em away from the competition. Thats way worse and hella BAD for the industry

Insomniac made Sunset Overdrive as a Microsoft Published game last gen, so...

wow, one game... it was an exception because Insomniac wanted to develop an IP they could own. That doesnt void the fact they were in bed with sony for quite some time with the R&C and Resistance series. Hell, now they even gave the Spider-man IP to them

One game, 10 games... incorrect is incorrect (hint: it was more than one).

They also purchased Zipper Interactive, which was mainly a PC game developer.

So, yeah.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 palasta
Member since 2017 • 310 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vatususreturns said:

Hum, no. They had a close history with sony for years. Sony funded R&C and Resistance and gave them the Spider-man IP. Only then was it bought. What have they done as a 3rd party? Fuse, wich flopped hard cause no one cared and Sunset Overdrive that was actually an Xbox exclusive only because they wanted to own the IP. If it was exclusive to xbox then it isnt 3rd party at all. Insomniac were in bed with Sony cause their most successfull IPs were funded by sony and were never multiplat IPs. Comparing the case of insomniac with Bethesda is just asinine to me

Firstly, I don't think anyone is comparing just Insomniac to Bethesda. They are simply pointing out that Sony purchased studios for game development just like Microsoft is purchasing studios for game development. Spinning the narrative as if these purchases are different from Microsoft purchasing studios is silly. The vast majority of Sony gaming studios were purchased.

• Disruptor
  • Outernauts
  • Fuse
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Slow Down, Bull
  • Fruit Fusion
  • Bad Dinos
  • Digit & Dash
  • Song of the Deep
  • Edge of Nowhere
  • The Unspoken
  • Feral Rites
  • Seedling
  • Stormland
  • Strangelets

Simpletons pointing simply out how simple they are. Just comparing Insomniac to Bethesda?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 78 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vatususreturns said:

• Disruptor
  • Outernauts
  • Fuse
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Slow Down, Bull
  • Fruit Fusion
  • Bad Dinos
  • Digit & Dash
  • Song of the Deep
  • Edge of Nowhere
  • The Unspoken
  • Feral Rites
  • Seedling
  • Stormland
  • Strangelets

Thats the thing you guys arent getting (or just dont want to)

Most studios sony bought were already doing Sony funded and owned IPs. IPs like Fallout, TES or DOOM werent funded or owned by MS. Its not the same at all

That list of Insomniac "3rd" (quotes on this) party games is laughable to say the least. How many of those do you really knew about without googling Insomniacs past? Be honest. As I said, Insomniac most successful IPS were sony funded and owned IPs. Xbox/PC/Nintendo players werent really losing anything when Sony first bought them. The same cant be said with the Bethesda aquisition when major IPs will now not be available to the vast majority of platforms

It is not the same, sorry

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Pedro  Online

@vatususreturns said:

Most studios sony bought were already doing Sony funded and owned IPs. IPs like Fallout, TES or DOOM werent funded or owned by MS. Its not the same at all

That list of Insomniac "3rd" (quotes on this) party games is laughable to say the least. How many of those do you really knew about without googling Insomniacs past? Be honest. As I said, Insomniac most successful IPS were sony funded and owned IPs. Xbox/PC/Nintendo players werent really losing anything when Sony first bought them. The same cant be said with the Bethesda aquisition when major IPs will now not be available to the vast majority of platforms

Here are the facts and no amount of spinning is going to change it. These studios were not owned by Sony and Sony purchase them in the identical manner that Microsoft and any other company purchases another entity. Also Sony now owns Sunset Overdrive.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 78 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vatususreturns said:

Here are the facts and no amount of spinning is going to change it. These studios were not owned by Sony and Sony purchase them in the identical manner that Microsoft and any other company purchases another entity.

Never denied the fact. Both bought studios but dont compare funded IPs to buying established IPs. Monopoly is never good. As I said, its business. Its still a d*ck move imo but still business after all. That still doesnt make it right, no matter who does it. Console wars to me are just drivel of lesser minds. Theres nothing I can do but accept it and I have, nothing else

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 14

#111  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38397 Posts

@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: The only people who gave negative comments were those whose console wasn’t getting the studios.

Cows moan about “games” for Xbox, then moaned when they made one of the biggest acquisition in gaming history.

With me, that's incorrect. I "moaned" about it the same way I "moaned" on Disney's chokehold on damn near anything (Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Centure Fox, now defunct Blue Sky), Sony on the anime industry (Aniplex, Crunchyroll, Funimation).

And again, I didn't defend Nintendo's recent acquisition either.

Politics came first with me. Gaming second in this case.

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Pedro  Online

@vatususreturns said:

Never denied the fact. Both bought studios but dont compare funded IPs to buying established IPs. Monopoly is never good. As I said, its business. Its still a d*ck move imo but still business after all. That still doesnt make it right, no matter who does it. Console wars to me are just drivel of lesser minds. Theres nothing I can do but accept it and I have, nothing else

Don't be silly. There is literally NO MONOPOLY in console gaming or gaming as a whole. Were you this vocal when Sony actively pays to prevent games from being on other platforms?

As I have said before, gamers and the media complained about "teh exclusives" and a multi trillion dollar company reacted. Sony actively locks down games through funding and Microsoft did the same in a big way. Let us not pretend that one is more saintlier than the other.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 8650 Posts

They should try to actually release a great game also once in a while. Not just purchasing more and more studios.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 dabear
Member since 2002 • 3982 Posts

The funny thing is, this thread quickly turned into cows bashing Microsoft for buying studios, and now that it's been shown how Sony did the same thing, cows are saying "Well yeah, but it's not as bad as Microsoft!"

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 WonderWinner  Online
Member since 2021 • 1112 Posts

@Pedro: "There is literally NO MONOPOLY in console gaming or gaming as a whole."

For now.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Sancho_Panzer  Online
Member since 2015 • 1783 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: "There is literally NO MONOPOLY in console gaming or gaming as a whole."

For now.

See this is why I wanted Xbox to go Intel/Nvidia again. Mix things up a bit.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16886 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Insomniac was 3rd party, not 2nd party or almost 2nd party. They could make games on any platforms they wanted, now they can't. The fact that they had a working relationship with Sony more than with anyone else changes nothing. Stop it with this ridiculous narrative.

You don't get it, who cares how much or how well they did outside Sony's ecosystem! They were still 3rd party with the option to go elsewhere, not wholly or partially owned by Sony. By snatching them Sony basically assured these guys would never work with anyone else ever again therefore shrinking competition which is a behaviour observed with major players in the industry and is a behavior I am against. Stop spinning this as if this was ok simply because they were close to Sony, you're part of the problem.

Also get over yourself nobody is comparing Insomniac, a regular-ass studio, to Zenimax a freaking behemoth.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 103 Posts

Companies are always looking to buy studios if they can but going of Microsoft history if they buy some they will likely waste it or some how make them much worse then before.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 103 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Sunset over drive is the one and only Xbox game I want to play hoping for a ps4/ps5 port.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2439 Posts

@iamdavey said:

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2021/06/rumour_xbox_might_have_an_acquisition_to_announce_at_e3_2021

Thoughts on who it will be if this is true?

It's going to be Take-Two Interactive. Everyone will scream and holler but then calm down after the initial shock that GTA won't be on Playstation wears off. The good news, PC and Xbox on day one for free on Game Pass!

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Xplode_games
@wonderwinner said:

Nobody should buy entire publishers. If Sony bought or fused with square Enix or Capcom, that would suck. So I hope this is false.

That would suck because Sony is garbage and ties their first party behind the crappy Playstation hardware and charges $70 plus full price again every gen for remakes.

On the other hand, when Microsoft aquires Take-Two Interactive, it will be beautiful because it will mean day one on PC and Xbox for free on Game Pass!

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 WonderWinner  Online

@Xplode_games: "On the other hand, when Microsoft aquires Take-Two Interactive, it will be beautiful because it will mean day one on PC and Xbox for free on Game Pass!"

Fortunately that will never happen and you're a massive lem so your opinion is automatically nulled.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Pedro  Online

@wonderwinner said:

For now.

I guess I was wrong when I thought you were smart. 😋

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 2650 Posts

I wonder what it would take for Supergiant Games to cash out.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Xplode_games

@wonderwinner said:

@Xplode_games: "On the other hand, when Microsoft aquires Take-Two Interactive, it will be beautiful because it will mean day one on PC and Xbox for free on Game Pass!"

Fortunately that will never happen and you're a massive lem so your opinion is automatically nulled.

You think I'm a lemming for the wrong reasons. You can't stand any criticism even when it's fair and logical of Sony because you're a massive cow.

You probably would've said that Microsoft buying Zenimax is impossible as well but as you know the next Fallout New Vegas and Starfield is going to be a console exclusive to Xbox/PC and free on Game Pass. Playstation will be left with the kiddie game Ratchet and Clank.

Microsoft can and should purchase Take-Two Interactive because it will be great for consumers. What's not to love about all their games being free for Game Pass and available day one on Xbox and PC?

Only a Sony shill such as yourself wants games locked away on the crap Playstation so that you can run here to attack anyone who doesn't want to conform and play everything on Playstation consoles.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11397 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Well guess that nullifies your responses from here on out. You played yourself cow

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 9779 Posts

While MS is scquiring studios that don't release anything, Sony keeps on pumping AAA and AAAA's. That is the world we live in.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 WonderWinner  Online

@kingtito: Who are you again?

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By WonderWinner  Online

@Xplode_games: wanna bet your account that's not gonna happen in the next six month?

And I have a PC so it doesn't really affect me. But take two is not going to be purchased by MS. Let's bet our accounts on i. I doubt you have the guts.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kingtito

@wonderwinner said:

@kingtito: Who are you again?

I'm your worst nightmare 😎😎😎😎😎

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 WonderWinner  Online

@kingtito: More like child's play.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kingtito

@wonderwinner said:

@kingtito: More like child's play.

Just think of me like positive MS news... something else that keeps you up at night.

theAM0G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 theAM0G
Member since 2021 • 410 Posts

Rumor has it it's bigger than the Bethesda acquisition.