RUMOUR: Microsoft to announce new acquisition at E3.

• 133 results
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 16052 Posts

@navyguy21 said:
Loading Video...

I thought it would be pretty easy to pick up on given the topic lol. I was saying MS will buy Sega

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#52 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 52576 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I thought it would be pretty easy to pick up on given the topic lol. I was saying MS will buy Sega

I get you. However, I hope that this is a nothingburger.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 me2002
Member since 2002 • 2800 Posts

@Pedro said:
@me2002 said:

I thought you weren't gonna reply to me anymore? Glad to see you still can't let go.

Really? Seems like you all just formulate all kinds of stuff when it comes to me. πŸ˜‚

Oh! This must be related to time another member called you out on your failed comments. 😎

Ah...the shamelessness and the stamina...πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 1640 Posts

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not that long ago, I asked people what was their favorite acquisition. I was met with negative comments about acquisitions and was told why would anyone want companies to be bought out? Now everyone seems to be excited about MS just buying companies lol.

You struggle with the events of reality.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Bethesda games were already on Xbox. Microsoft paid to take them off PS. What gamers wanted to see was for Microsoft to create their own studios and IP. Microsoft brings absolutely nothing to the table to justify the Xbox brands existence.

Sony's IP wouldn't exist without them taking risks and allowing their creators to create. Fallout and Elder Scrolls would continue to be made with or without Microsoft.

Sony purchased many studios and some of them were already on PS. MS has taken more risk with games than Sony. You complained when developers take risks with games like Bleeding Edge and Grounded. What other company could have made the now successful Sea of Thieves which was a major risk that paid off in the long term?

Anyways, nay to more acquisitions. But people want exclusives and want to be forced to buy redundant hardware so....πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

MS has took more risk? Lmao

Any big budget new IP is a serious risk and Sony creates way more of them. MS hasn't improved a single studio they have bought.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 1640 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:

They need a big hitter like Capcom anything less won't help em much

That would be a tragedy for the entire industry.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pedro  Online

@silentchief said:

MS has took more risk? Lmao

Any big budget new IP is a serious risk and Sony creates way more of them. MS hasn't improved a single studio they have bought.

New IPs from Sony that I can recall, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne and The Order 1866.

New IPs from Xbox that I can recall, Ryse, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Sea of Thieves, Ori, Bleeding Edge, Grounded and Recore.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1875 Posts

@Pedro: "New IPs from Sony that I can recall, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne and The Order 1866."

Returnal. Days gone. Dreams. The last guardian. Gravity rush.

Get rekt. 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro  Online

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: "New IPs from Sony that I can recall, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne and The Order 1866."

Get rekt. 😎

Returnal is on the PS5 and Dreams is not a game. Consider yourself, triggered. πŸ˜‚

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 16977 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Get rekt. 😎

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WonderWinner

@Pedro: IP = intellectual property. You never said GAMES.

Stay rekt. 😎

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 7664 Posts

I'm going with Techland for no reason then just a feeling.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro  Online

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: IP = intellectual property. You never said GAMES.

Stay rekt. 😎

You just rekt yourself with that comment and you didn't realize. 🀭

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WonderWinner

@Pedro: shhh, it's fine, go lick your wounds, you got beat hard all over the forums today. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pedro  Online

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: shhh, it's fine, go lick your wounds, you got beat hard all over the forums today. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

You are trying like many others and failing. Use more emojis to mask the failure. 😎

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 me2002
Member since 2002 • 2800 Posts

@Pedro said:
@wonderwinner said:

You are trying like many others and failing. Use more emojis to mask the failure. 😎

You look very frustrated today.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20932 Posts

@me2002 said:
@Pedro said:
@wonderwinner said:

You look very frustrated today.

I doubt he's frustrated, he's probably laughing his ass off like me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro  Online

@hrt_rulz01 said:

He probably spent hours thinking of a response. The dude can't get over me. 😊

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

He probably spent hours thinking of a response. The dude can't get over me. 😊

These guys are next level crazy lately... like I said, it's probably a good sign that Xbox is looking good :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro  Online

@hrt_rulz01 said:

These guys are next level crazy lately... like I said, it's probably a good sign that Xbox is looking good :)

I would think that Xbox doing well is a good thing and a non issue for them. They don't need to buy a Xbox but they can still enjoy any of their games (if there is one) on PC. After all, that has been the running theme. Why get a Xbox when the games are on PC. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11718 Posts

No way Square Enix would have anything to do with MS. Xbox still doesnt have FFXIV.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I would think that Xbox doing well is a good thing and a non issue for them. They don't need to buy a Xbox but they can still enjoy any of their games (if there is one) on PC. After all, that has been the running theme. Why get a Xbox when the games are on PC. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Careful, you're making too much sense for these guys... it will overload their brains.

It's the old PS fanboy adage, they don't love their console they just hate yours.

TheNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheNation
Member since 2021 • 560 Posts

Hopefully none. The industry is getting too close to a monopoly.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#73 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

@wonderwinner: Sony also killed Gravity Rush and Days Gone....

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 osan0
Member since 2004 • 16375 Posts

Assuming this is true:

its probably not a big publicly traded company anyway. the market would have been notified if the intent to purchase i think.

i was initially thinking sega as they do have some resources that would interest MS and the brand itself could be very useful for getting more traction in asian markets (where the xbox brand is currently badly tainted). a "new" sega console (a rebranded XSX in a new case) with sega online gaming (xbox live/gamepass under a different name) could be of interest to MS to get more interest in that side of the world.

But we would already know at this stage if that was on the table i think. they could maybe announce an intent to acquire at E3 but that would be very odd.

so if true its probably a smaller studio not publicly traded. Kojimas new studio? platinum? Piranha games maybe? They have mechwarrior: an old xbox stomping ground. 4A games maybe (Metro series)?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38727 Posts

SEGA!!!

Sonic approves. :P

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 112 Posts

If they announce a Capcom or SEGA aquisition I'll be mad

These aquisitions are becoming concerning cause they arent creating new IPs with these aquisitions but rather taking away established IPs from the competition wich is a d*ck move imo

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 9051 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Sony actually owns the Spiderman IP at the moment, they just have an agreement with Disney to let him into the MCU because fans wanted it so badly and it made sense for both Sony and Disney.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

@vfighter said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Sony actually owns the Spiderman IP at the moment, they just have an agreement with Disney to let him into the MCU because fans wanted it so badly and it made sense for both Sony and Disney.

No they own the movie rights and that's it. Sony used to have the marketing rights as well but they sold them back to Marvel.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 VatususReturns
@dabear said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Umm... Sony has purchased a lot of studios....

People keep posting something like this not realizing there's a big key difference here. Most studios Sony bought were already studios making Sony owned IPs like the cases of Sucker Punch and Insomniac, i.e. 2nd party developers. Point me a 3rd party publisher Sony bought? I can think of none tbh

What MS is doing is just buying out 3rd party IPs and taking'em away from the competition. Thats way worse and hella BAD for the industry

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro  Online

@vatususreturns said:

People keep posting something like this not realizing there's a big key difference here. Most studios Sony bought were already studios making Sony owned IPs like the cases of Sucker Punch and Insomniac, i.e. 2nd party developers. Point me a 3rd party publisher Sony bought? I can think of none tbh

What MS is doing is just buying out 3rd party IPs and taking'em away from the competition. Thats way worse and hella BAD for the industry

You all Sony fannies are trying so hard to make a distinction when there really isn't one. These companies were bought out. They weren't part of Sony and Sony acquired them. What you are suffering from is a standard case of "I don't like when MS does it to." syndrome.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38727 Posts

If the bovine brigade didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all. :P

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 17059 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vatususreturns said:

You all Sony fannies are trying so hard to make a distinction when there really isn't one. These companies were bought out. They weren't part of Sony and Sony acquired them. What you are suffering from is a standard case of "I don't like when MS does it to." syndrome.

I can't believe this part is still complicated for some people, like there's a damn difference between buying insomniac and double fine. They were 3rd parties, now they aren't. The end.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1185 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man that’s why every Spider-Man and Venom movie is made by Sony studios? Do you really think Disney would allow Andrew Garfield to be Spider-Man? Disney had to pay for Spider-Man to be in Avengers, Disney owns a good bit of Marvel and was able to buy most of it back but Sony and a few others won’t let go of the characters they have rights to.

TumorStation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 225 Posts

Bu bu bu Microsoft doesn't make games just buys studios , ponies act like sony games are the second coming and most games are just weeboo and virgin basement dweller oriented games πŸ˜†

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By VatususReturns

@Pedro said:
@vatususreturns said:

There is a difference like it or not. Xbox and PC didnt had franchises like ratchet and Clank or sly cooper before Sony bought SP and Insomniac. Xbox/PC/Nintendo gamers werent really losing anything. MS buying 3rd party studios is just voiding people of playing well established and loved franchises like TES, Fallout or Doom. Is it ilegal? no, its business after all but being "just business" doesnt make it right. I would be condemning Sony aswell was it doing the same, you can bet on it, cause this is bad for gamers, console wars aside

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 VatususReturns
@lebanese_boy said:
@Pedro said:
@vatususreturns said:

I can't believe this part is still complicated for some people, like there's a damn difference between buying insomniac and double fine. They were 3rd parties, now they aren't. The end.

Insomniac was mostly a 2nd party. Most IPs they developed were funded and owned by sony. The same cant be said for franchises like Doom or Fallout. So no, its not really the same at all

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 5320 Posts

If they do end up announcing a new studio I think Asobo would be a good fit.

Avatar image for killerpainrulez
killerpainrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 killerpainrulez
Member since 2021 • 135 Posts

rumor has it they bought sony and put em on gamepass

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 4315 Posts

@vatususreturns:

But u can still play those games on PlayStation.

There is no difference between

Not being to play ratchet and clank on xbox

And

Not being able to play doom 2 (or whatever its called if/when it comes out) on PS.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dabear  Online
Member since 2002 • 4101 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@dabear said:

Insomniac made Sunset Overdrive as a Microsoft Published game last gen, so...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 39667 Posts

@Pedro: well, MS needs a Japanese dev and there was I heard some skepticism whether Tango Gameworks will stick around after Ghostwire Tokyo.

But they got lots, Persona (and the entire SMT umbrella for that matter), Bayonetta, Vanquish, Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic and of course lots of Sega's legacy stuff can be revived. And it would add a wealth of content to Game Pass.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1233 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sheep99 said:

They should focus on new ips and releasing games, buying more studios won’t help if games aren’t being produced, they should expend the studios they have now, all MS wants to do now is to create a monopoly which will be bad for gaming, just take a look what is happening in TV streaming services

exactly, it is not sustainable.

Eventually we will be left with nothing but publishers owning IP's and no actual development, just a bunch of drones working on the n'th installment of a series or a bunch of never-ending DLC.

Game mills, basically. Not development. Just churning out product.

This is literally exactly what became of Rare post MS acquisition - except they aren't even making their classics.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mazuiface
@vatususreturns said:

There is a difference like it or not. Xbox and PC didnt had franchises like ratchet and Clank or sly cooper before Sony bought SP and Insomniac. Xbox/PC/Nintendo gamers werent really losing anything. MS buying 3rd party studios is just voiding people of playing well established and loved franchises like TES, Fallout or Doom. Is it ilegal? no, its business after all but being "just business" doesnt make it right. I would be condemning Sony aswell was it doing the same, you can bet on it, cause this is bad for gamers, console wars aside

All of the attempts to relativize MS huge acquisitions are cult like at best. @goldenelementxl nailed it best in another thread: Xbox fanboys set the bar lower and lower for MS to the point where everything MS decides to do is both successful and a smart decision. This includes cancelling the development of games from legendary developers like Hideki Kamiya, a man who has literally never produced a bad game, yet Scalebound's cancellation was met with a fanfare of praise for MS on these forums. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 1990 Posts

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I would love to see these actually "PCs", especially as we have a dedicated thread for them to boast about them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Pedro  Online

@mazuiface said:

All of the attempts to relativize MS huge acquisitions are cult like at best. @goldenelementxl nailed it best in another thread: Xbox fanboys set the bar lower and lower for MS to the point where everything MS decides to do is both successful and a smart decision. This includes cancelling the development of games from legendary developers like Hideki Kamiya, a man who has literally never produced a bad game, yet Scalebound's cancellation was met with a fanfare of praise for MS on these forums. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Did you also remember the hate the game received when it was revealed or was the memory deleted?😎

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By mazuiface

@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

Did you also remember the hate the game received when it was revealed or was the memory deleted?😎

Aside from the usual fanboy antics ("monster hunter ripoff" etc), there wasn't hate for it. I was pretty hyped that whatever came out of the project would be a damn good game.

Either way, the point about Kamiya stands, as well as the near unanimous celebration from Xbox fanboys on this forum that MS had somehow made a "good" decision.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 17059 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Insomniac was mostly a 2nd party. Most IPs they developed were funded and owned by sony. The same cant be said for franchises like Doom or Fallout. So no, its not really the same at all

Insomniac was 3rd party, not 2nd party or almost 2nd party. They could make games on any platforms they wanted, now they can't. The fact that they had a working relationship with Sony more than with anyone else changes nothing. Stop it with this ridiculous narrative.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 VatususReturns

@dabear said:
@vatususreturns said:
@dabear said:

Insomniac made Sunset Overdrive as a Microsoft Published game last gen, so...

wow, one game... it was an exception because Insomniac wanted to develop an IP they could own. That doesnt void the fact they were in bed with sony for quite some time with the R&C and Resistance series. Hell, now they even gave the Spider-man IP to them

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pedro  Online

@mazuiface said:

Aside from the usual fanboy antics ("monster hunter ripoff" etc), there wasn't hate for it. I was pretty hyped that whatever came out of the project would be a damn good game.

Either way, the point about Kamiya stands, as well as the near unanimous celebration from Xbox fanboys on this forum that MS had somehow made a "good" decision.

Aside from the fanboy antics? Isn't that where most of the nonsense for against originates?

There was no near unanimous celebration from Xbox fanboys over the cancellation of this game. Don't be silly. There were folks who couldn't care less and those who were looking forward to the game. Don't try to change history.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 VatususReturns
@lebanese_boy said:
@vatususreturns said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Insomniac was 3rd party, not 2nd party or almost 2nd party. They could make games on any platforms they wanted, now they can't. The fact that they had a working relationship with Sony more than with anyone else changes nothing. Stop it with this ridiculous narrative.

Hum, no. They had a close history with sony for years. Sony funded R&C and Resistance and gave them the Spider-man IP. Only then was it bought. What have they done as a 3rd party? Fuse, wich flopped hard cause no one cared and Sunset Overdrive that was actually an Xbox exclusive only because they wanted to own the IP. If it was exclusive to xbox then it isnt 3rd party at all. Insomniac were in bed with Sony cause their most successfull IPs were funded by sony and were never multiplat IPs. Comparing the case of insomniac with Bethesda is just asinine to me