Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

source

The purported leak claims that we’ll see Splinter Cell: Fifth Freedom debut during The Game Awards this Thursday. Among the listed features include 21 linear story missions and 16 side missions with support for multiplayer and splitscreen co-op. The game will also supposedly contain a return to the beloved Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer mode, complete with special maps that have “deployable light sources and fortifications.” On top of everything, Michael Ironside returns as the voice actor for series star Sam Fisher.

please be true. and being linear like previous games make me interested as im glad its not another ubisoft open world game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised. I can see this coming for next gen systems. Perhaps timed exclusive on xbox and pc.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46202 Posts

TGA is not worth watching, sorry

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

despite the horrible plummet in quality since chaos theory - last but one gen double agent aside - and my general loathing of ubisoft, i can't pretend that i wouldn't be mildly curious to see how, if, this pans out. ironside's purported return alone suggests they've rethought their approach to blacklist

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

Chaos Theory really push Splinter Cell to it's limits when it release and anything afterwards just wasn't on par with Chaos Theory. I might be in the minority but I actually like Conviction, it was Jason Bourne in a video game of it's own is what I got out of it.

I don't need a new Splinter Cell, but I for one like a Remake of Chaos Theory much similar to RE2 Remake in a way and I'll be very happy without a continuation from Blacklist.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Inb4 it's an open-world pile of shite with crapload of random encounters and lootboxes yay!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Guy with a gun game = Ghosts4ever in love

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44108 Posts

I never could get into the Splinter Cell games myself so something like this will do nothing for me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Guy with a gun game = Ghosts4ever in love

Lmao, so true. Hopefully they don't show any female characters in the trailer, for his sake.

Anyway, I hope this is true. But you'd think it'd be something Ubi would save for their E3 conference.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

That... actually sounds promising.

We know right away though, with no information it's going to have levelling up grind wall shit jammed in.

The SP/MP integration for Blacklist worked really well, like flawless, didn't feel like a detriment.

But yea, if you can ignore the inevitable Ubisoft grindy shit, doesn't turn into Rambo shooty-bang-bang and re-utilises light/sound/speed properly again, here's hoping.

But it is Ubisoft, always some caveat.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

This... Could be good. A return to form, or at least to a refined Blacklist would be okay in my book.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup

@davillain- said:

Chaos Theory really push Splinter Cell to it's limits when it release and anything afterwards just wasn't on par with Chaos Theory. I might be in the minority but I actually like Conviction, it was Jason Bourne in a video game of it's own is what I got out of it.

I don't need a new Splinter Cell, but I for one like a Remake of Chaos Theory much similar to RE2 Remake in a way and I'll be very happy without a continuation from Blacklist.

Does Choas Theory really need a remake?

I mean, all these years on it's still a largely fantastic looking good that plays great.

The only aspect that seems to have aged poorly is those god awful CGI cutscenes where' Ubisoft's trying to ram gum ads in at every opportunity.

Personally i'd much rather have a remaster of the Xbox/Ps2/GC version of Double Agent. Aside from that single shitty prison mission, its one of the best games.

In regards to this game, it would be best if they made this Michael Ironside's final game, having him go out on a bang and passing the torch on to a new character, who isn't Rey.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#14 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Blacklist was an excellent game and better than Chaos Theory so I'd definitely be interested in more SC. Hoping this is true!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup

Be nice to see Michael McCann return as well, his soundtrack for Double Agent was fucking amazing.

Loading Video...

Can't really recall shit from Blacklist.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58274 Posts

WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Michael Ironside is back, too!? That's fantastic.

As for the game, there's always room for more stealth-action games. I just hope they go stealth-heavy like older games and don't turn it into this sticky-cover action game nonsense.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#17 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

TGA is not worth watching, sorry

hell no its not, but they'll presumably put the trailer up on YT a few mins after it airs so all is well

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@biggest_loser said:

Blacklist was an excellent game and better than Chaos Theory so I'd definitely be interested in more SC. Hoping this is true!

you lookin to throw down lad?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was pretty trash.

Remember the bank level? You enter the roof and rope down to the middle of the room.

Sam was unable to crawl or step over the single 1 laser beam going across the floor. Instead you had to do some stupid convoluted steps like hacking a PC and all this annoying stuff with a guard.

It was baffling to me. I could crawl under laser beams in MGS in 1998! It completely ruined the game for me and I returned it to the store.

The first 2 games were even worse. The later games were actually better to be honest.

Sadly, the series has never reached a level where they can be considered great mainly because Ubisoft has horrible stealth gameplay design.

Insta-fail missions are the worst.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I'd love a chaos theory remake, still to this day my favorite stealth game, the MP was fire as well, spies versus mercs is just great, double agent was good fun too, I actually preffered the SP in double agent, worse spies vs mercs than CT tho. Conviction was alright for terrorist hunt, everything else was pretty shit,

Id love to see a proper splinter cell release, but I'm done believing these rumors, I'll believe it when i see it, tired of getting excited over nothing

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46202 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@biggest_loser said:

you lookin to throw down lad?

Exactly, this is so handy for E3 as well. I only watched the MS conference this year (and it was pretty good). Besides that I only ever watch the trailers & gameplay.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Remember the bank level? You enter the roof and rope down to the middle of the room.

Sam was unable to crawl or step over the single 1 laser beam going across the floor. Instead you had to do some stupid convoluted steps like hacking a PC and all this annoying stuff with a guard.

It was baffling to me. I could crawl under laser beams in MGS in 1998! It completely ruined the game for me and I returned it to the store.

The first 2 games were even worse. The later games were actually better to be honest.

Sadly, the series has never reached a level where they can be considered great mainly because Ubisoft has horrible stealth gameplay design.

is this your gimmick?

you dislike every hardcore game and praise all casual games. not sure if serious.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@ajstyles said:

is this your gimmick?

you dislike every hardcore game and praise all casual games. not sure if serious.

Loading Video...

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i hope coming i miss splinter cell games

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Agreed 100% buddy. Give me the splinter cell magic again. I’m all in on co op missions also @getyeryayasout