Rumors: Next Deus Ex is soft reboot and in development for next gen.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12712 Posts

Source

An announcement or teaser is coming soon.” In this thread, he clarified this which is pretty exciting news. He further elaborated that while the game doesn’t have a date the announcement would be coming “later in the year depending how far in development the game is right is only been three years, but this game is going to be 3.5x bigger that mankind divided so it might take a bit longer.”

A soft reboot.

Kinda shame no jensen. and please donot make character customizable. either back to JC denton as main character or make original's Remake which was Best game ever made.

please be true. World need another Deus Ex game.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 phbz
Member since 2009 • 5350 Posts

Hopefully it will have a lead female character.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts

What's the point? CP2077 will be out years before it and will be better in every way imaginable.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

What's the point? CP2077 will be out years before it and will be better in every way imaginable.

No not really. Cyberpunk wont be as immersive as Deus Ex neither will have better storyline or level design.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25520 Posts

Hopefully no Jensen. Such a cheesy character.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

He is one of the coolest and one of the most badass character in gaming

How can you not like this guy?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38584 Posts

@Litchie said:

He really was.

The Icarus Effect (which got a shitty mobile game) had a book two fairly better characters.

But then, Adam Jensen is what people know and we can't have the game lose sales through marketing. Gotta have our edgy smoking dude just, too old for this shit.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 869 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

It would be a semi-open world game (which is a better choice every time, as the devs can focus on details and actually make use of the levels instead of making a bunch of pointless buildings), unlike the fully open world in 2077.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 7134 Posts

Meh. Squeenix's Deus Ex games never matched the ambition and scale of the original Deus Ex, and likely won't match that of Cyberpunk 2077 either.

It might be nice, but my expectations are low.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@madrocketeer said:

Meh. Squeenix's Deus Ex games never matched the ambition and scale of the original Deus Ex, and likely won't match that of Cyberpunk 2077 either.

It might be nice, but my expectations are low.

Human Revolution was masterpiece. especially how terrible invisible wars was. it manage to be a worthy successor to original. then mankind divided happen which again is what IW is to original except its much better.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By madrocketeer

@ghosts4ever:

Nah, HR was merely alright. HR had the spirit of the original DE, but it was always constrained by modern AAA demands, such as the slimmed down upgrade system. The writing was also a bit janky, and the original version's boss fights were straight up terrible. Director's Cut was a little better, but still missed the mark compared to DE's open-endedness. MD was just an unfinished, microtransactions-laden stub.

The original Deus Ex was just a one-of-a-kind game, a product of its day. Hell, that game even accounted for players doing things they normally couldn't do without glitching or modding, and still continued the story anyway. No modern AAA studio, with the rigours of modern game development, could do that.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12430 Posts

@ghosts4ever: HR is actually quite flawed. So much so that they tried to fix it with a Director's Cut (and that helped a lot but it's still FAR from perfect or a "masterpiece")

Still, I did enjoy it a lot - mostly

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 38117 Posts

Just stop rebooting games and just make new IPs. Damn it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madrocketeer

@Pedro:

Established IPs are easier and less risky to market. It's why we have so many sequels and franchises. It's just logical business decision.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 38117 Posts

@madrocketeer: Its also a business decision that devalues the IP

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 madrocketeer

@Pedro:

Maybe over the long term, but you know how it is; short term profits first, move on when the milk runs dry.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41216 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

No not really. Cyberpunk wont be as immersive as Deus Ex neither will have better storyline or level design.

You do know that Cyberpunk 2077 is what we call, the successor to Deus-Ex series and for that reason, this is actually a good thing and Deus-Ex isn't a bad franchise but CDPR showed improvements. SE could learn more about Cyberpunk 2077 before developing another Deus-Ex.

@rmpumper said:
@hardwenzen said:

It would be a semi-open world game (which is a better choice every time, as the devs can focus on details and actually make use of the levels instead of making a bunch of pointless buildings), unlike the fully open world in 2077.

I prefer more open-world games then Sandbox games myself and glad 2077 is more of a flesh world.

@uninspiredcup said:
@Litchie said:

He really was.

The Icarus Effect (which got a shitty mobile game) had a book two fairly better characters.

But then, Adam Jensen is what people know and we can't have the game lose sales through marketing. Gotta have our edgy smoking dude just, too old for this shit.

And Adam tries so hard to be Big Boss but the truth is, Adam does in fact needs to go. He's okayish but he overstayed his welcome in the series.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@davillain-:

Theres many things about Cyberpunk that i dont want in Deus Ex.

I dont want customizable character in Deus Ex. I want either Jensen, Denton or fully fleshed new guy who wears sunglasses and cool jackets kinda like Neo of Matrix.

I dont want romance system in Deus Ex. that would be out of place.

I dont want full fledge open world with driving around the cities. I want to enter cool buildings, corporations, more and more lasers in building.

I dont want bulletsponges enemies in Deus Ex. I want them to potray more on immersion and stealth plus hacking.

I want more and more of conspiracy stories in Deus Ex.

So they should not take anything from Cyberpunk. they need to have its own identity.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33137 Posts

It'd be cool if we got a Deus Ex game made by Arkane, the king of immersive sims.

A man can dream.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41216 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

It'd be cool if we got a Deus Ex game made by Arkane, the king of immersive sims.

A man can dream.

You should check out their upcoming game Deathloop, looks alright from what I seen.

@ghosts4ever said:

@davillain-:

Theres many things about Cyberpunk that i dont want in Deus Ex.

I dont want customizable character in Deus Ex. I want either Jensen, Denton or fully fleshed new guy who wears sunglasses and cool jackets kinda like Neo of Matrix.

I dont want romance system in Deus Ex. that would be out of place.

I dont want full fledge open world with driving around the cities. I want to enter cool buildings, corporations, more and more lasers in building.

I dont want bulletsponges enemies in Deus Ex. I want them to potray more on immersion and stealth plus hacking.

I want more and more of conspiracy stories in Deus Ex.

So they should not take anything from Cyberpunk. they need to have its own identity.

I'm not saying SE should take everything from 2077, just something from it and make a better Deus-Ex and while open-world games don't bother me, I still wouldn't mind staying in sandbox style. HR is still good :)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@davillain-: Deathloop I really hope is not MP game otherwise it would be waste of time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@rmpumper: i agree about semi open over open world, but this is CDPR we're talking about. it won't be Ubisoft kind of empty world filled with nothing else but repetitive chores.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33137 Posts

@davillain-: Yeah, I love Arkane's work.

But seeing as how Deathloop is an online only game and not an immersive sim, I'm not too sure. I'll keep my eye on it, but I'm more hoping to see another singleplayer game from them. They still have two studios after all :)

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2391 Posts

I can see why. With the recent will-to-be successe of Cyberpunk 2077 I can see an increased market for cyberpunk games and the devs of Deus Ex is going to exploit that for sure. It would be very dumb if they didn't do that.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19924 Posts

@phbz said:

Hopefully it will have a lead female character.

Lmao, Ghosts will love that.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 523 Posts

JC Denton would be awesome to play as in a new Deus Ex game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38584 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

I can see why. With the recent will-to-be successe of Cyberpunk 2077 I can see an increased market for cyberpunk games and the devs of Deus Ex is going to exploit that for sure. It would be very dumb if they didn't do that.

Exactly.

No complaints here, it's an awesome setting.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10029 Posts

This is terrible news if true. I loved both HR and MD, and Adam Jensen is one of my favorite protagonists so I would really really hate to see him go.

How could they even do a soft reboot without completing Jensen's story, which Mankind Divided shamefully left in half. Judging from where AAA games invest these days, the new game is probably going to be a soulless open world game.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10029 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I had no idea Deathloop is an online game and not an immersive sim. Well that just sucks.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#30 elessarGObonzo  Online
Member since 2008 • 2574 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

how stupid is that? so you only want one game to ever come out again?

wouldn't it always be better to have as many good games as possible?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3259 Posts

I loved MD more so than HR so I'm not really excited for a reboot. They should finish the story of MD first.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever
@pc_rocks said:

I loved MD more so than HR so I'm not really excited for a reboot. They should finish the story of MD first.

What makes MD better than HR? its like imagine if HR was you beat first boss barrett and game ends there. thats sum up MD perfectly.

other than they need to finish Jensen story first. if not than bring JC Denton back.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3257 Posts

Anybody that hasn't should just play the original with this...

https://gmdxmod.com/

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

What makes MD better than HR? its like imagine if HR was you beat first boss barrett and game ends there. thats sum up MD perfectly.

other than they need to finish Jensen story first. if not than bring JC Denton back.

MD's abrupt end was SE's bullshittry not Eidos Montreal's. It has nothing to do with how good the gameplay and game design was.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

MD's abrupt end was SE's bullshittry not Eidos Montreal's. It has nothing to do with how good the gameplay and game design was.

Theres no variety in MD. theres only one hub and thats it.

beside you were saying Rage 2 was id fault when they never worked on game and thier 20% part turn out to be great yet here its no eidos montreal fault. kinda irony.

Eidos montreal also develop thief 4, shadow of tomb raider and are making avengers game. they are one big hit.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@elessarGObonzo said:
@hardwenzen said:

how stupid is that? so you only want one game to ever come out again?

wouldn't it always be better to have as many good games as possible?

The last DeusEx wasn't even good. CP2077 is essentially the evolution of DeusEx, something the actual devs from deusex have never done themselves, so now CDPR is helping them. The new DeusEx will feel like a budget indie game when compared to CP2077.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

beside you were saying Rage 2 was id fault when they never worked on game and thier 20% part turn out to be great yet here its no eidos montreal fault. kinda irony.

Eidos montreal also develop thief 4, shadow of tomb raider and are making avengers game. they are one big hit.

There's much more variety in MD than HR. MD actually respects your choices and play style while HR forced you with boss fights.

Yes, Rage 2 is Id's fault as much as it was Avalanche. Id was creatively responsible for it. There's no irony, no body claimed that Eidos Montreal is free or SE can't force them to do things which you did for Id. The game is excellent and only falls short because of the greed of SE that forced MTs and cut content. It's well documented.

And unlike you, no one is cheer leading Eidos Montreal here. I'm praising the game 'MD' and what they did with it. I couldn't care less about SotR or Thief. They were crap games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

There's much more variety in MD than HR. MD actually respects your choices and play style while HR forced you with boss fights.

Yes, Rage 2 is Id's fault as much as it was Avalanche. Id was creatively responsible for it. There's no irony, no body claimed that Eidos Montreal is free or SE can't force them to do things which you did for Id. The game is excellent and only falls short because of the greed of SE that forced MTs and cut content. It's well documented.

And unlike you, no one is cheer leading Eidos Montreal here. I'm praising the game 'MD' and what they did with it. I couldn't care less about SotR or Thief. They were crap games.

I like Rage 2. and id only one who save this game from complete mess. so i cant see how its thier fault.

even avalanche said we are making it, id is only assisting it. assisting and developing are 2 different things. id is developing masterpiece that is Doom Eternal. different engine, different gameplay, different style.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46085 Posts

@Pedro said:

Just stop rebooting games and just make new IPs. Damn it.

Yeah I agree with this. We had our Denton games. We had our Jensen games. Time to move on.

I don't even care if the IP is unoriginal in terms of premise, even; just make something new as far as story and characters go. Take risks. Experiment.

Or, even better (in most cases), simplify! A cyberpunk/tech-noir game doesn't have to necessarily be an RPG. It can simply be an FPS....with conversations.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghosts4ever

@mrbojangles25: True. I would kill for Cyberpunk theme pure FPS. No more RPG BS. No more dialougue system. Just pure FPS with intelligent design.