Rumors: Metal Gear solid 5 Demon edition will be reveal at gamescom

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10566 posts) -

Source

  • >A new re release of Phantom Pain is being announced at Gamescom by Konami. Some of the press was shown it on Friday.
  • >Intention behind the release is to win back Western audience after the backlash that Survive got.
  • >They got Fukushima to helm the project, he's also the main writer. Team is Metal Gear veterans, with people who worked on Portable Ops and Ghost Babel on board.
  • > Game reuses everything from the base game, but restructures and recontextualize the story/cutscene.
  • >Full English redub (Japanese cast is mostly the same) with Big Boss being voiced by Richard Doyle, his MGS4 voice actor. Kiefer is, however, still in, voicing Ishmael and the Medic, with a handful of new lines (is in more of cameo role then anything) James Horan as Skullface, and Downes as Kaz are the only real returning actors.
  • >Story has been completely changed, and has approximately three hours of completely new cutscenes, and quite a bit of the old ones have been extremely edited.
  • >Ground Zeroes is fully integrated into the game, and serves as a prologue.
  • >One such example is a revamped intro, in which it depicts Morpho's crash at the end of GZ, in which you have limited control of Big Boss, crawling through the wreckage, and watching a XOF kill team lead by Skullface, killing a bunch of survivors, which is the trailer in it's entirety.
  • >Abducts Chico, and Skullface is about to deliver the coup de grace on Boss, when the Medic attacks him from behind. A small, but brutal CQC battle ensures, with Skullface eventually overwhelming Venom, before he's killed with a knife to his throat.
  • >Snake and Kaz are saved at the last minute, by a gunship, forcing XOF to retreat with Chico in tow. Trailer ends with Boss losing conscious, as he's being dragged into a heli by Cipher Special Forces led by Ocelot.
  • >To make things clear, the game is intended to stomp out Kojima''s vision of the series (despite the rendition being built on alot of unused concepts Hideo discarded).
  • >Reflected in the title, which is Metal Gear Solid 5, instead of V.
  • >Some discard previously, but brought back ideas include the hospital escape being far more horrific and demonic, Boss hallucinates the staff as Undead horrors.
  • >Quiet has been...reworked. The character has been split into two. "Quiet" now dies in the hospital after being set on fire "by" Ishmael (whose legit a hallucination/spirit of Venom) the AI buddy ally half of her character is now a Ukraine sniper, Albatross, a completely new character. Fully clothed, she's a mercenary in league with the Soviets. Still an AI buddy, but much more mundane, and is a associate of Ocelot.
  • > You get to bring generic Diamond Dog soldiers with you on missions, they act as expendable buddies. (And can be perma killed)
  • >D.D, D.Horse, and D.Walker are in unchanged.
  • >Entirely new buddies include Battle Gear, which was previously cut from the game. Basically the Zeke building segment of Peace Walker...with the addition of being able to drive it (deploying cost alot though). And Red. (Chico as he was supposed to be in Phantom Pain. Is also a midgame boss.)
  • >Only characters consist to their PP portrayal are Kaz (whose still an angry prick with the same role) and Huey (whose still a treasonous bastard) Ocelot and Skullface might as well be two completely different characters. Code Talker has been cut.
  • >Is being billed as a "game as a service". Reworked Kingdom of the Flies is a pre order bonus, and they'll be addition sub narratives as DLC. Only way really the higher ups greenlighted the project in the first place.
  • >Release date is December this year.
  • >PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Switch is getting a vanilla. Phantom Pain port.
  • >FOB is still in (with more microtransactions. MGO3 was deemed a total failure and will not be included.

Looks like MGS5 reworked edition coming with complete new story. MGS5 has potential but ruined by its bland world and repetetiveness. if they improve the world. it will become good this time.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#2 Posted by freedomfreak (51274 posts) -

This sounds worse than V.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#3 Posted by robert_sparkes (3315 posts) -

It sounds ok I passed on 5 played the demo and it didn't grab me. Heard good and bad things especially the story.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#4 Posted by sakaiXx (6086 posts) -

Cutting Code Talker and Quiet make no sense if Skullface still exist as their purpose was to explain the nonsensical elements of MGS3 and the whole language virus crap.

Anyhow switch getting a vanilla ver is actually good news for them. Game is beautiful as heck even on ps3.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (12579 posts) -

Konami should go alright without that hack kojima.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#6 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24471 posts) -

Ooo, I'm interested. I think they have plenty of talent to carry the franchise without Kojima. Might even be better off without the guy. Speaking of Ghost Babel.. I got the game last year.. still haven't played it, but it's a cool collector's item.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#7 Edited by KungfuKitten (26802 posts) -

Oh boy, Konami. They're not into games anymore. Why now?

I'm worried it'll be riddled with MTX, and they're going to put in political correctness in an MGS game? Oh dear...

I think this is a smart project to pick up because it's an easier sell to the directors and easier to pull off than a new game. I just feel so sorry for anyone who works for Konami. You have so much working against you. Maybe it's better to start your own business.

Avatar image for warmblur
#8 Edited by warmblur (3033 posts) -

Meh, I wish they just remake the trilogy with the Fox Engine MGSV is dead to me.

Avatar image for davillain-
#9 Posted by DaVillain- (38153 posts) -

Guess I'm the only gamer who was okay how MGS5 turn out to be here in SW? Despite it's issues, I personally like the game how it went and as for this, I'm not interested.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#10 Posted by mandzilla (4195 posts) -

Would rather have the original trilogy (well the 3D trilogy) on Switch, but any Metal Gear is still very welcome!

Avatar image for heirren
#11 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

So they worked hard to remove Kojima from it. Interesting.

Never played it. Kiefer as Snake--just didnt work.

Avatar image for Telekill
#12 Posted by Telekill (8594 posts) -

I bought both GZ and V. Gameplay seemed fine. Graphics were great. I got decently far in V but never beat it. The selling point for me on the game was taking Diamond Dog with me and using him as a weapon. More games need to implement dog companions. Think I'll look into the newest Far Cry as it had a dog right?

Not sure what the point of redoing everything and putting it out to buy again... aside from a cash grab. Sounds like they changed it so you don't have just the one dog companion. Can you sic a pack of dogs on people?

Avatar image for ten_pints
#13 Posted by Ten_Pints (3912 posts) -

Sounds fake as ****.

Avatar image for Phreek300
#14 Posted by Phreek300 (664 posts) -

MGS V was a total and utter mess of a game. Worse than 2 by a long shot. Pass on this redo. Make the games good in the 1st place you dummies...

Avatar image for sakaixx
#15 Edited by sakaiXx (6086 posts) -

@heirren: keifer as snake was actually pretty awesome, his voice fits venom snake perfectly

Avatar image for heirren
#16 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

@sakaixx:

Didnt play the game other than Ground Zeroes. David Hayter became Snake. There must have been some personal beef between Hayter and Kojima.

Kiefer just sounds like hes playing Jack Bauer. To have a series of 4 games with one voice actor and then in the final game change actors-----thats just dumb.

Avatar image for uitravioience
#17 Posted by UItravioIence (1241 posts) -

Nah. I'll wait for Death Stranding. Metal gear is dead.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

@heirren said:

So they worked hard to remove Kojima from it. Interesting.

Never played it. Kiefer as Snake--just didnt work.

Can thank Hideo Kojima for that. It was him, not Konami who was trying to get rid of him prior to MGS5.

Avatar image for davillain-
#19 Posted by DaVillain- (38153 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

Nah. I'll wait for Death Stranding. Metal gear is dead.

My thoughts exactly. I like MGS series but as of now, it overstayed it's welcome and wouldn't bother another MGS at this point and I'm ready to play Death Stranding and see if it's worth making a series.

Avatar image for my_user_name
#20 Posted by my_user_name (23 posts) -

So a game that was already hurt because of mtx, is getting more of them.

Perfect

Avatar image for ajstyles
#21 Posted by AJStyles (1104 posts) -

I have no desire to play this.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#22 Posted by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

Oh, Ghost Babel team, nice.

Avatar image for fedor
#23 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

This doesn't sound real.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#24 Edited by Ant_17 (12908 posts) -

Oh this will be good.

Not the game, the outcome of this.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#25 Edited by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

Oh this will be good.

Not the game, the outcome of this.

Why? If it's true it has a talented team working on it with many people berated MGS5 to begin with. Hell, many people berate Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Meanwhile Babel was one of the best games on the Gameboy Color.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#26 Posted by Ant_17 (12908 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: For one, the FOB missions are still there.

Coming back 3months and having your base robbed isn't something i want to do again.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#27 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10566 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@Ant_17 said:

Oh this will be good.

Not the game, the outcome of this.

Why? If it's true it has a talented team working on it with many people berated MGS5 to begin with. Hell, many people berate Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Meanwhile Babel was one of the best games on the Gameboy Color.

I never liked series bar original which was great. since then kojima ruined it by false advertisement.

MGS1 was best PS1 game ever with great story and gameplay mechanics for its time

MGS2 was market as sequel where we play as solid snake but instead we got raiden.

MGS3 was another game market we play as solid snake but we got big boss prequel voiced by david hyter. didnot liked it because i prefer MGS in future sci fi snowy location rather than 80s jungle.

MGS4 become movie where we play as old ugly looking snake.

MGS5 trailer were like it will be heavy story driven end up being far cry clone with boring world and we play as silent protagonist venom snake who has personality of cardboard.

so in all MGS series we only play as solid snake in MGS1 and 4??? thats it?? and he is called icon of franchise?? and even for that. only in original game we play as real solid snake since snake in 4 looks ugly with mustache.

as great as original was. series is not what it could have been.

now for this if rumors is true. it means we might get good alternative version of MGS5.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#28 Posted by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Ant_17 said:

Oh this will be good.

Not the game, the outcome of this.

Why? If it's true it has a talented team working on it with many people berated MGS5 to begin with. Hell, many people berate Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Meanwhile Babel was one of the best games on the Gameboy Color.

I never liked series bar original which was great. since then kojima ruined it by false advertisement.

MGS1 was best PS1 game ever with great story and gameplay mechanics for its time

MGS2 was market as sequel where we play as solid snake but instead we got raiden.

MGS3 was another game market we play as solid snake but we got big boss prequel voiced by david hyter. didnot liked it because i prefer MGS in future sci fi snowy location rather than 80s jungle.

MGS4 become movie where we play as old ugly looking snake.

MGS5 trailer were like it will be heavy story driven end up being far cry clone with boring world and we play as silent protagonist venom snake who has personality of cardboard.

so in all MGS series we only play as solid snake in MGS1 and 4??? thats it?? and he is called icon of franchise?? and even for that. only in original game we play as real solid snake since snake in 4 looks ugly with mustache.

as great as original was. series is not what it could have been.

now for this if rumors is true. it means we might get good alternative version of MGS5.

Honestly, all the Gamespot reviews should be deleted and just have this copy-pasted over and over.