Rumors: Alan wake 2 is in development, releasing 2022

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

17236

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 17236 Posts

Source

As Remedy explicitly said upon the announcement of AWE, this is the very first piece of content officially included in the 'Remedy Connected Universe' project. In fact, the main mission given to Jesse Faden has to do with Alan Wake, and more specifically Dr. Hartman, the psychiatrist who desired to exploit the reality-bending powers of Alan Wake (and other artists such as the Andersons and Thomas Zane) in 2010's game.

So remedy connected universe?

In this new DLC for Control, Jesse is 'contacted' via the Hotline by Wake himself, who prompts her to check out the 'monster' loose in the Investigation Sector. There, we learn that Dr. Hartman tried to partner with the Federal Bureau of Control in order to further investigate paranatural phenomena. However, the FBC considered him a paracriminal and decided to keep him locked in the Oldest House, although eventually he was set free after being deemed just a 'low threat'.

Unable to let go of his obsession, Hartman went back to Cauldron Lake and dived in, only to be transformed by the Dark Presence there. Now a proper paranatural threat, Hartman was once again detained by the FBC in the dedicated 'Bright Falls AWE' area of the Investigation Sector. He got loose, however, and killed everyone in the area, which resulted in the lockdown of the entire Investigation Sector.

But the most interesting part, as mentioned in the beginning, comes after defeating him. Protagonist Jesse Faden is contacted by Langdon, the guy in charge of overseeing all the Altered Items from the Panopticon sector. Langdon has just received an alarm about an Altered World Event taking place once again in Bright Falls, but for some reason, the event's date is 'a couple of years in the future'. Additionally, Alan Wake's last message clearly mentions that he intends to write a story about a hero who would save him from the Dark Place, where he is still trapped since the ending of the game. That hero clearly is Jesse Faden.

Fans have had their hope for Alan Wake 2 reignited ever since Remedy managed to get the publishing rights back for the IP. It seems obvious at this point that a new game set in Bright Falls will be released in 2022 or thereabouts, though it's hard to say whether it will be a proper Alan Wake 2 game mechanically or rather a sequel to Control that happens to be set in Alan Wake's Bright Falls. If the author's message is to be believed, Faden will still be the star of the action as 'the hero of the story' he is writing, though that doesn't mean Alan Wake himself won't be playable, too.

Please be true. this is what I wanted from Remedy if they are not making Max payne 4. Alan wake 2 is long due sequel.

Avatar image for hitmanactual
HitmanActual

1315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1315 Posts

Hope my torch has better batteries this time 0_o

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

45568

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45568 Posts

The first Alan Wake game was a nice start to finish and it doesn't need a sequel and Control relating to Alan Wake was more than enough and even Quantum Break for that matter. No need for Alan Wake 2 Remedy, just focus on making something new and I still had a blast with Control.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

7043

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 7043 Posts

It better not be a linear flashligh corridor shooter. If the sequel is more like what the original was supposed to be before the downgrade, i am so down.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36455 Posts

Alan Wake was one of the best games from the previous gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#6 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Alan Wake was one of the best games from the previous gen.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

33858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33858 Posts

I really enjoyed Alan Wake so I’d definitely be down for a sequel.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

16138

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 16138 Posts

Looking forward to that! Alan Wake was surprisingly good.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#9 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2455 Posts

Nice. More Sony style movie games.

Avatar image for rmpumper
rmpumper

1274

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 1274 Posts

Their first forever exclusive EGS game?

Avatar image for pmanden
pmanden

1348

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1348 Posts

Alan Wake had a captivating story, but its gameplay could use more variation. Still, I am excited to see what a sequel could look like on the Xsex.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

44268

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44268 Posts

Afraid always found this a meh franchise my freind.

Not scary, horrible puppet people drama, very little enemy variety, like Prey boring black silhouette, story is basically In The Mouth Of Madness but boring, badly rifts Twin Peaks, boring bland level design, barring the flair gun weapons are generic.

Very, very much bland game.

Avatar image for AsadMahdi59
AsadMahdi59

7192

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#13 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7192 Posts

People liking this game is a complete mystery to me.

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

6011

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6011 Posts

First one was just ok and was nowhere near the promise.

Avatar image for DigitalNoodle
DigitalNoodle

249

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts

Loved the first game so I hope this rumor turns out to be true.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

3987

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#16 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3987 Posts

@davillain- said:

The first Alan Wake game was a nice start to finish and it doesn't need a sequel and Control relating to Alan Wake was more than enough and even Quantum Break for that matter. No need for Alan Wake 2 Remedy, just focus on making something new and I still had a blast with Control.

I would like to see an Alan Wake sequel if Remedy actually has a reason for it to exist. If they've found another story in that universe that doesn't invalidate the first game and enriches the overall story, they should do it.

Avatar image for louixiii
LouiXIII

9890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 9890 Posts

I want Max Payne 4

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

17236

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 17236 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Afraid always found this a meh franchise my freind.

Not scary, horrible puppet people drama, very little enemy variety, like Prey boring black silhouette, story is basically In The Mouth Of Madness but boring, badly rifts Twin Peaks, boring bland level design, barring the flair gun weapons are generic.

Very, very much bland game.

Its better than resident evil series.

this is basically if Max payne meet survival horror.

Avatar image for tehssdbro
tehssdbro

11

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 tehssdbro
Member since 2020 • 11 Posts

alan wake deathmatch would be cool, have to hold light on someone for acouple seconds so you can break their like shield/darkness type crap, then you can shoot em like in the 1st game with enemies.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

44268

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 44268 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Afraid always found this a meh franchise my freind.

Not scary, horrible puppet people drama, very little enemy variety, like Prey boring black silhouette, story is basically In The Mouth Of Madness but boring, badly rifts Twin Peaks, boring bland level design, barring the flair gun weapons are generic.

Very, very much bland game.

Its better than resident evil series.

this is basically if Max payne meet survival horror.

Na, even ones people shit on like RE5 (which is actually great) and the legit bad stuff like RE6 are more entertaining than boring tweed man muttering crap nobody cares about.

Ain't no Max Payne. Max Payne doesn't make you stand on a boat talking doing nothing or run around a house doing nothing.

So boring.

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

658

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#21 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 658 Posts

Nice! Alan wake is the most underrated game ever, so I would love a sequel!!

Avatar image for tenaka2
tenaka2

17958

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

What a boring game.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6893

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6893 Posts

6:33

Loading Video...

I really hope this is finally it there's no reason they can't develop it now since they have Epic as a publisher money wouldn't be a issue.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

8860

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8860 Posts

Didn't the first one flop in sales? I thought it wasn't a big hitter for microsoft.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6893

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6893 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Didn't the first one flop in sales? I thought it wasn't a big hitter for microsoft.

It sold better over time and came to the PC in 2012 which helped alot. But the 360 launch sales where awful Microsoft had the brilliant idea of releasing it a week before Red Dead Redemption.

Avatar image for biggest_loser
biggest_loser

24469

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#26 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24469 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

It better not be a linear flashligh corridor shooter. If the sequel is more like what the original was supposed to be before the downgrade, i am so down.

I've always wondered how much of Alan Wake was redone by Microsoft with Remedy's name attached to it.

When you play Alan Wake and then switch to Control you see the stark upgrade in production values and level design.

I'm interested to see the sequel without MS's interference. The original plan was far more ambitious and interesting.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

20473

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 20473 Posts

@AsadMahdi59 said:

People liking this game is a complete mystery to me.

Yup.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27349

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#28 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27349 Posts

Uh huh. Hope they make it fun to play, then. AW was pretty lame.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

17236

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#29 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 17236 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Afraid always found this a meh franchise my freind.

Not scary, horrible puppet people drama, very little enemy variety, like Prey boring black silhouette, story is basically In The Mouth Of Madness but boring, badly rifts Twin Peaks, boring bland level design, barring the flair gun weapons are generic.

Very, very much bland game.

Its better than resident evil series.

this is basically if Max payne meet survival horror.

Na, even ones people shit on like RE5 (which is actually great) and the legit bad stuff like RE6 are more entertaining than boring tweed man muttering crap nobody cares about.

Ain't no Max Payne. Max Payne doesn't make you stand on a boat talking doing nothing or run around a house doing nothing.

So boring.

It has clean as crisp controlling. something RE games lack. the way it tell story how alan narrate his story is pure max payne style.

the atmosphere of this game is incredible.

Its best third person horror game by far.