Rumored Nintendo Direct this week - Metroid Trilogy, Super Mario Maker 2, and more

  • 123 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
Edited 9 days, 11 hours ago

Poll: Rumored Nintendo Direct this week - Metroid Trilogy, Super Mario Maker 2, and more (24 votes)

Yes, Nintendo Direct is definitely happening this week. 71%
Nah, probably not. 29%

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1084919/Nintendo-Direct-February-2019-Switch-Metroid-Prime-Trilogy

Nintendo is reportedly getting ready to hold a surprise Direct conference next week.

Nintendo Switch fans will be interested to hear that the February 2019 Direct conference is tipped to take place on February 13. That's according to a new post on Resetera (via VG247), which hints at a February 13 surprise for Nintendo fans. It's possible February 13 is the day Nintendo announces the Direct, or actually holds the conference. Either way, it's worth checking back later this week for more information.

It's especially worth checking out if you're a Metroid fan disappointed with the recent Metroid Prime 4 delay. According to the rumours, the Metroid Prime Trilogy will be announced for Switch during the imminent event. Super Mario Maker 2 is also tipped for the Nintendo Switch, so it's possible we'll see that.

Nintendo will reportedly release 11 major new Switch games in 2019.This includes four mystery new releases, two new eShop games, two potential Wii U ports, another Labo kit, the aforementioned Metroid Prime Trilogy and a secret game from Retro Studios.Other contenders include the Pokemon RPG, a new 2D Zelda game and Pikmin 3.

As previously reported, files discovered by Kapu (via Nintendo Life) showed that 22 SNES games are being planned for the Nintendo Switch Online service. This includes Super Nintendo heavyweights like Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World and Super Metroid, as well as the ultra-rare Star Fox 2, Breath of Fire 2 and Pop’n Twinbee.

Nintendo has since added English and Spanish language descriptions of some of the games, which suggests a release is imminent.

The most likely scenario is that the SNES games will be officially confirmed during the Nintendo Direct conference.

What do you think, SW? Will will we get a Nintendo Direct this week? Will it be any good? It's been a while, surely Nintendo is up to something. Hopefully we'll see this week.

Avatar image for techhog89
#51 Posted by Techhog89 (3541 posts) -
@jcrame10 said:
@techhog89 said:
@jcrame10 said:

@techhog89: I’ve never really been into the AC games but wouldn’t be surprised if a new one was coming

... It's literally been announced. You were told this last time.

Honestly I forgot lol

I don't get how you remember LM3 but forget AC when they were announced in the same Direct and AC was the big final surprise (after Isabelle in Smash).

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#52 Posted by DocSanchez (5103 posts) -

Nintendo have pretty much done Mario Maker now. There's not a great deal more you can do with it.

If Nintendo were on the ball they would create Nintendo maker instead. A creation kit enabling you to create 8 and 16 bit zelda, metroid, kirby and other games.Just a complete suite in one.

Avatar image for speeny
#53 Posted by Speeny (1100 posts) -

Looking forward to it.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#54 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19124 posts) -

@techhog89: What if the eShop exclusive title happens to be Mother 3 Enhanced HD? A new rumor stated they were ready to release it on NA and Europe, but back down because it doesn't have enough content for us.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#55 Posted by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -

@DocSanchez: Now THAT would be awesome.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#56 Edited by KungfuKitten (26133 posts) -

It's just rumors so it means little to nothing. Just setting yourself up. Who wants things spoiled anyway in case some of it is true? Luckily I read only part of the thread title. I'll just stay off of SW for a while.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#57 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8592 posts) -

I'm looking forward to the new 2D Zelda, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and Super Mario Maker 2.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#58 Posted by TheEroica (18229 posts) -

Day 1 on prime... Never played them before.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#59 Edited by SolidGame_basic (23724 posts) -

@TheEroica: I'm interested too but damn, three games...

Can't wait to see how much of these rumors is true tomorrow.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#60 Posted by lundy86_4 (51601 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

Day 1 on prime... Never played them before.

Samesies!

Avatar image for Renegade_Fury
#61 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20361 posts) -

I don't know if I care enough to play through the Prime games yet again, but I would be excited for Metroid 5 if that was to be announced.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#62 Posted by MonsieurX (38636 posts) -

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/13/18223976/super-mario-maker-2-nintendo-switch-release-date-june-2019

SMM2 is coming

Avatar image for techhog89
#63 Posted by Techhog89 (3541 posts) -

@jcrame10 Well, you were half right about FE getting delayed

Avatar image for quatoe
#64 Posted by quatoe (7225 posts) -

Hellblade on Switch holy ****.

Avatar image for jaydan
#65 Posted by jaydan (1869 posts) -

New Platinum Games game :O

Avatar image for quatoe
#66 Posted by quatoe (7225 posts) -

LINKS AWAKENING!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#67 Posted by KungfuKitten (26133 posts) -

Nintendo just won E3 early.

Avatar image for techhog89
#68 Edited by Techhog89 (3541 posts) -

Well, @jcrame10, you were right that FE would be delayed, but only until July. They announced Mario Maker 2 for June though, and Summer is basically packed to the brim. Thoughts?

I'll admit that I'm starting to doubt Animal Crossing and LM3.

Avatar image for Sgt_Crow
#69 Posted by Sgt_Crow (6030 posts) -

Well that was pretty awesome. That new Platinum Games title really took my interest. And Links Awakening artstyle is sweeeet...

Avatar image for m_machine024
#70 Posted by m_machine024 (15816 posts) -

Astral Chain looks fantastic.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#71 Posted by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -

TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE!!!

Avatar image for jaydan
#72 Posted by jaydan (1869 posts) -

Astral Chain looks too amazing to not post the trailer. This got my biggest reaction of the Direct. I love Platinum Games and this looks like another solid one for their library.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for FinalFighters
#73 Posted by FinalFighters (3040 posts) -

dead by daylight looked like a PS2 game

Avatar image for m_machine024
#74 Posted by m_machine024 (15816 posts) -

Bayonetta + Vanquish + Nier 2 = Astral Chain :P

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
#75 Posted by GiveMeSomething (1252 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93: I really want the new 2d zelda, but 60 for it seems quite a lot... It should be priced at 45 tops honestly

Avatar image for jaydan
#76 Posted by jaydan (1869 posts) -
@m_machine024 said:

Bayonetta + Vanquish + Nier 2 = Astral Chain :P

In a cyberpunk anime world. I am so fine with Platinum having members from their finest games in development for this one.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#77 Posted by robert_sparkes (2337 posts) -

Metroid trilogy, 2D Zelda can My bank balance make space for a switch. 🤔

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
#78 Posted by lebanese_boy (14995 posts) -
@GiveMeSomething said:

@93BlackHawk93: I really want the new 2d zelda, but 60 for it seems quite a lot... It should be priced at 45 tops honestly

Why?

Avatar image for mandzilla
#79 Posted by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -

@robert_sparkes: Sell a kidney, you only need one anyway I think.

Avatar image for techhog89
#80 Posted by Techhog89 (3541 posts) -
@robert_sparkes said:

Metroid trilogy, 2D Zelda can My bank balance make space for a switch. 🤔

Metroid was wrong, I'm afraid. 2D Zelda is Link's Awakening remake.

Avatar image for phbz
#81 Posted by phbz (4082 posts) -

That was a really strong Direct, which is wierd considering Nintendo is doomed.

Astral Chain was unexpected and looks great. On the bad side, although I like the idea of the Zelda remake I absolutely hate the art style, don't know if I can move pass that.

Avatar image for enzyme36
#82 Posted by enzyme36 (3994 posts) -

Sooo was prime trilogy announced... I feel like I missed it????

Fire Emblem looked f'n great!!

Avatar image for enzyme36
#83 Posted by enzyme36 (3994 posts) -

@techhog89 said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Metroid trilogy, 2D Zelda can My bank balance make space for a switch. 🤔

Metroid was wrong, I'm afraid. 2D Zelda is Link's Awakening remake.

awwww

Avatar image for mandzilla
#84 Posted by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -

@enzyme36: It's likely been pushed back a bit due to Metroid Prime 4 being delayed.

Avatar image for x_karen_x
#85 Posted by X_Karen_x (363 posts) -

It look like Link AWakens Maybe mean it if sale is strong then more Zelda game to be remade.

Maybe likely Two game pack to include Link From The Past and 3ds game Link Between The World.

Avatar image for enzyme36
#86 Posted by enzyme36 (3994 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@enzyme36: It's likely been pushed back a bit due to Metroid Prime 4 being delayed.

Makes sense I guess... But I thought maybe with the delay they would toss the fans a bone. Part of me was expected to hear a go home and download it tonight...

But not meant to be.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#87 Edited by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -

@enzyme36: Yeah on the one hand I'd really like to see it come out ASAP, but I can see where they're coming from. Probably want to keep a pre-arranged gap between the remastered trilogy coming out and MP4 release to achieve maximum hype.

Who knows though, it is Nintendo after all lol.

Avatar image for jaydan
#88 Edited by jaydan (1869 posts) -

To me it looks like Nintendo has a lot of good games coming out this year and the two month drought will soon come to an end.

Yoshi's Crafted World

Luigi's Mansion 3

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Daemon X Machina

Super Mario Maker 2

Animal Crossing

Pokemon

Boxboy + Boxgirl

Astral Chain

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

And that's all of Nintendo's developing/publishing lineup for this year, not talking about all the 3rd-party stuff. Switch is looking to have a solid 2019.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#89 Posted by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -

@jaydan: There's also the new game Town from Game Freak, as well as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3. I believe Nintendo are publishing that one. :D

Avatar image for jaydan
#90 Edited by jaydan (1869 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

@jaydan: There's also the new game Town from Game Freak, as well as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3. I believe Nintendo are publishing that one. :D

That's true, I forgot about Marvel Alliance. I kept Town out because we still don't know much about it yet and whether or not it's coming this year.

Regardless, the lineup by 1st/2nd-party Nintendo this year is solid and might be their best lineup yet. "Nintendo doomed 2019" is now a myth.

I think it's safe to say games like Bayonetta 3, Town(?), Metroid Prime 4 and Pikmin 4 are out of question this year and that reassure's Nintendo has some big years ahead.

My posts here are completely ignoring 3rd-party, which looks like a solid lineup too. I think it's cool that Switch is getting the definitive version of Dragon Quest 11.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#91 Posted by robert_sparkes (2337 posts) -

I must be the the only one who isn't remotely interested in mario maker.

Avatar image for Shmiity
#92 Posted by Shmiity (6222 posts) -

My Fire Emblem hype has decreased. The more anime this series gets, the less I like it.

Avatar image for jcrame10
#93 Posted by jcrame10 (4831 posts) -

@techhog89 said:

@jcrame10 Well, you were half right about FE getting delayed

I know Nintendo too well to not be disappointed by them lol

Avatar image for jcrame10
#94 Edited by jcrame10 (4831 posts) -

@techhog89 said:

Well, @jcrame10, you were right that FE would be delayed, but only until July. They announced Mario Maker 2 for June though, and Summer is basically packed to the brim. Thoughts?

I'll admit that I'm starting to doubt Animal Crossing and LM3.

I think Mario Maker 2 is lazy and basically a port for 60 dollars hiding behind the letter 2. Who asked for a sequel to this anyways? Their lineup is pretty sad still like I figured it would be for the year- they're just too predictable.

Nintendo makes no sense. Games announced awhile back are releasing later, like Fire Emblem, than games they announced today. Nintendo's business decisions has always been whack though so I guess no point in questioning it.

I have no idea when Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing or Pokemon will come. I want to say ONE will come as a big holiday game this fall but you never know.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#95 Edited by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -
@jaydan said:
@mandzilla said:

@jaydan: There's also the new game Town from Game Freak, as well as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3. I believe Nintendo are publishing that one. :D

That's true, I forgot about Marvel Alliance. I kept Town out because we still don't know much about it yet and whether or not it's coming this year.

Regardless, the lineup by 1st/2nd-party Nintendo this year is solid and might be their best lineup yet. "Nintendo doomed 2019" is now a myth.

I think it's safe to say games like Bayonetta 3, Town(?), Metroid Prime 4 and Pikmin 4 are out of question this year and that reassure's Nintendo has some big years ahead.

My posts here are completely ignoring 3rd-party, which looks like a solid lineup too. I think it's cool that Switch is getting the definitive version of Dragon Quest 11.

Yeah you're right. Town is apparently out this year, but no concrete date has been announced yet. Same thing with Bayonetta 3, Pikmin 4, Shin Megami Tensei 5 and Yo-Kai Watch 4. Seems like Metroid Prime 4 is almost certainly a 2020 game now though.

Absolutely, Nintendo's 2019 is going to be the best year so far! They just keep announcing stuff. Wonder what else they'll come out with at E3.

Indeed, the 3rd-party list is steadily growing too. Not a patch on the PC/PS4/XB1 of course, but awesome by Nintendo console standards.

That Dragon Quest 11 exclusive 8-bit graphics option does look great. I really liked the look of Astral Chain and Oninaki too. :)

Avatar image for ellos
#96 Edited by ellos (1880 posts) -

Yeah I'm not so sure I want Fire Emblem anymore. What is it with jrpgs and this persona train students vibes these days. I'm f***in tired with those mechanics.

Avatar image for jcrame10
#97 Posted by jcrame10 (4831 posts) -

@techhog89: Also I thought Nintendo's financial report literally said springtime for Fire Emblem? Guess they lied

Avatar image for techhog89
#98 Posted by Techhog89 (3541 posts) -
@jcrame10 said:
@techhog89 said:

@jcrame10 Well, you were half right about FE getting delayed

I know Nintendo too well to not be disappointed by them lol

You were expecting a holiday or 2020 delay though. It does look like it hurt them though because they only have 2-3 new games and one port for the quarter. Not disappointed though. And you were wrong about it being too late to announce new games for the quarter, though I'm sure you have an excuse for why Mario Maker 2 doesn't count.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#99 Edited by Mandzilla (3300 posts) -
@techhog89 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@techhog89 said:

@jcrame10 Well, you were half right about FE getting delayed

I know Nintendo too well to not be disappointed by them lol

You were expecting a holiday or 2020 delay though. It does look like it hurt them though because they only have 2-3 new games and one port for the quarter. Not disappointed though. And you were wrong about it being too late to announce new games for the quarter, though I'm sure you have an excuse for why Mario Maker 2 doesn't count.

Here it is lol.

I think Mario Maker 2 is lazy and basically a port for 60 dollars hiding behind the letter 2. Who asked for a sequel to this anyways?

Avatar image for jcrame10
#100 Posted by jcrame10 (4831 posts) -

@mandzilla said:
@techhog89 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@techhog89 said:

@jcrame10 Well, you were half right about FE getting delayed

I know Nintendo too well to not be disappointed by them lol

You were expecting a holiday or 2020 delay though. It does look like it hurt them though because they only have 2-3 new games and one port for the quarter. Not disappointed though. And you were wrong about it being too late to announce new games for the quarter, though I'm sure you have an excuse for why Mario Maker 2 doesn't count.

Here it is lol.

I think Mario Maker 2 is lazy and basically a port for 60 dollars hiding behind the letter 2. Who asked for a sequel to this anyways?

Really though, who asked for Mario Maker 2?