Rumor: Xbox One CoD Ghosts preorders pass Ghosts PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Mystery_Writer (8274 posts) -

According to VGchartz, the Xbox One version of Ghosts has passed the PS4 version for number of preorders so far.

We’ll be honest, this is a huge surprise IF accurate. There’s no denying Sony has had a huge lead in terms of marketing and lack of “negative press”, in fact the past couple months they had a huge lead in terms of preorder numbers for Ghosts too, almost double.

Recently Xbox One availability rose and began showing up on numerous preorder pages, we wonder if this contributed to the rise in Ghosts preorders for it. It should also be noted that these are only US preorder numbers.

sauce

How likely this is to be true?

#2 Edited by Wasdie (53438 posts) -

Even if it's just VGcharts, it wouldn't surprise me if it is true. Call of Duty is strong on the Xbox. It would make a lot of logical sense that people who play a lot of CoD on the Xbox 360 would be buying an Xbox One out of brand familiarity.

#3 Edited by Netherscourge (16364 posts) -

Not on Amazon.com!

AMAZON.COM 2013 BEST-SELLERS [VIDEO GAMES] [PS4, XB1 only]: as of 10/17/2013 for YEAR 2013:

1. AC4 - PS4 (multi)

2. KZ:SF - PS4 (exclusive)

3. CoD:G - PS4 (multi)

4. BF4 - PS4 (multi)

5. CoD:G - XB1 (multi)

6. Knack - PS4 (exclusive)

7. Destiny - PS4 (multi)

8. DR3 - XB1 (exclusive)

9. Destiny - XB1 (multi)

10. AC4 - XB1 (multi)

11. RYSE - XB1 (exclusive)

12. Foza 5 (Regular and Limited Ed) - XB1 (exclusive)

13. FIFA 14 - PS4 (multi)

14. NBA 2K14 - PS4 (multi)

15. Madden 25 - PS4 (multi)

#4 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

I guess the Xbox community likes CoD more than the PlayStation's. Surprise?

#5 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

Can be true, it is Xbox after all...shooters is all lemz care about

#6 Edited by Basinboy (13062 posts) -

I don't doubt it. But out of context, it sounds far more impressive than it probably is.

#7 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

Lems are a simple people who like simple games for their simple minds. Is anyone really surprised by this?

#8 Edited by tormentos (26627 posts) -

Would not surprise me there is COD and BF4 on xbox one,but on PS4 there is COD,BF4 and Killzone SF and Killzone is say to have high preorders numbers.

#9 Edited by FLOPPAGE_50 (3891 posts) -

not really anything new, we all know M$ caters to the brodude crowd that plays COD while yelling swagyolo over the mic.

#10 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -

Sales figures are dull and pointless enough as it is, but RUMOURED sale figures? We're scraping the barrel.

#11 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Would not surprise me there is COD and BF4 on xbox one,but on PS4 there is COD,BF4 and Killzone SF and Killzone is say to have high preorders numbers.

I agree with this. KZ and BF4 on PS4 will definitely suck a lot sales from COD on PS4. In fact, I'm even wondering why people with PS4's should even care about COD considering how much better BF4 and KZSF look.

#12 Edited by _Matt_ (10427 posts) -

Sounds perfectly reasonable

#13 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

the xbox fan base consist heavily of the COD fan base. Where you expecting anything different here?

#14 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

This doesn't surprise me given how much more popular COD is on the Xbox. Hell I know my Brother is buying an Xbox One, and I have no doubt COD is one of the games he's getting on it.

#15 Edited by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

Its CoD.... who cares what happens to this joke of a game

#16 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Just cancelled my PS4 preorder. I want to go with the platform with the most CoD support. The X1.

#17 Posted by urbansys (234 posts) -

@Netherscourge said:

Not on Amazon.com!

AMAZON.COM 2013 BEST-SELLERS [VIDEO GAMES] [PS4, XB1 only]: as of 10/17/2013 for YEAR 2013:

1. AC4 - PS4 (multi)

2. KZ:SF - PS4 (exclusive)

3. CoD:G - PS4 (multi)

4. BF4 - PS4 (multi)

5. CoD:G - XB1 (multi)

6. Knack - PS4 (exclusive)

7. Destiny - PS4 (multi)

8. DR3 - XB1 (exclusive)

9. Destiny - XB1 (multi)

10. AC4 - XB1 (multi)

11. RYSE - XB1 (exclusive)

12. Foza 5 (Regular and Limited Ed) - XB1 (exclusive)

13. FIFA 14 - PS4 (multi)

14. NBA 2K14 - PS4 (multi)

15. Madden 25 - PS4 (multi)

umm your list is BS unless you can provide a link better than this from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames#1

#18 Posted by resevl4rlz (3714 posts) -

preorder does't equal to sales

#19 Edited by Shewgenja (18851 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Just cancelled my PS4 preorder. I want to go with the platform with the most CoD support. The X1.

Dang dude, how many times are you going to cancel that PS4 preorder? I'm pretty sure your Gamestop gets the point.

#20 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

this is the game people should be pre-ordering for the PS4. An actual next-gen game made for next-gen consoles and not cross-gen sh*t.

#21 Posted by Chutebox (43055 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Sales figures are dull and pointless enough as it is, but RUMOURED sale figures? We're scraping the barrel.

Not even rumored sales figures. Rumored pre-order figures.

Also, lol vg.

#22 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

wouldn't surprise much. Even if Xbox One sells a lot less initially than ps4 as every chart would suggest, it's got competition on the ps4 and pretty much none on the Xbox. Meanwhile, MS as usual has paid Activision a few truckloads for early content and now apparently also to NOT mention the details of dedicated servers for other systems besides the Xbox.

#23 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6018 posts) -

not surprising considering the xbone line up... I'll be honest here If I was getting the X1 COD would be one of the games I get.

#24 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4274 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Dang dude, how many times are you going to cancel that PS4 preorder? I'm pretty sure your Gamestop gets the point.

knwoing foxbatalpha he is probably preordering then canceling it over and over again to try and make gamestop think people are canceling the ps4 preorders... that or he probably preorder 90% of all units just so he can hoard them so no cows can get to play it....

#26 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

might buy the PS4 version of Ghosts if they really made it look next-gen instead just upping resolution and adding few effects

Titanfall and Battlefield 4 are just better games imo..

#27 Edited by UNcartMe (714 posts) -

Another day, another rumor trying to downplay the lordstation 4

#28 Edited by casharmy (9388 posts) -

Because for the FPS genre on launch:

PS4 = KZSF pre-orders >>>>> COD =/= BF4

x1 = COD or BF4 = nothing else to play

PS4 pre-order are split with more options for people to choose from. Of course more xbox buyers will flock to COD, it's not like they are given many other choices.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#29 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Hahaha, COD Shibe Doge.

Anyway, it's only 7,000 difference out of 500,000 total. If it's like that weeks after MS paraded dedicated servers, they should be worried.

#30 Edited by Thunder7151 (456 posts) -

Keep up the damage control Cows. We enjoy reading it.

#32 Edited by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

lol @ cows trying to turn this into ownage somehow.

#33 Posted by Netret0120 (3450 posts) -

Lol i support Sony but do i really care whether X1 has more preorders? It is coming out on PS4 so you can play it either way.

I don't see what the fuss is about. *Goes to play GTA V*

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#34 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

This is the audience Xbone is clawing back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM

They can have 'em! http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/sabu.png

#35 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

Considering they announced Dedicated Servers in Ghosts for XBox One first and made no mention until months later that other platforms would also have dedicated servers, this makes perfect sense.

#36 Edited by insanegame377 (392 posts) -

More Xbox owners like to play CoD, it shouldnt be a surprise if it sells more on the Xbox. Should also be taken into account that most casual gamers wont preorder, and more casual gamers prefer Xbox over Playstation.

#37 Edited by myke2010 (2747 posts) -

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_tab_t_bs

Not on amazon.

PS4 version at 22

XBox One at 44

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
#38 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12217 posts) -

Hardly surprising. The Xbox has been the most popular haunt for Call of Duty players for a long while now.

#39 Posted by tormentos (26627 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

He cancel it and 10 minutes latter go into gamestop site an pre-order it again that great is the PS4 that xbox fans cancel their pre-order and 10 minutes latter they run to store to pre-order it again..

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (32328 posts) -

well if I was pre ordering PS4 I'd go with KZ anyway.