Rumor: Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and Gogeta coming to Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

Dragonball Z Fighters is a game everyone got really hyped about, got great reviews. Now everyone has forgot about it.

Rumor: Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and Gogeta coming to Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2

Many of us were well aware of Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 1's roster well in advance of their actual announcements. This was due to information presented by a leaker and data mining. We ended up getting Bardock, Broly, Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, Fused Zamasu, Base Form Goku, Base Form Vegeta, Cooler, and Android 17 as part of the Season 1 pass.

It looks as though history will be repeating itself for Season 2's roster. The same leaker has recently revealed new information given to him by his sources about future combatants.

Vergeben, the mentioned leaker, is claiming that Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and Gogeta will be among the characters to be revealed in Season 2. Interestingly enough, Vergeben also claims that his sources have informed him that Season 2's roster may be larger than what we got in Season 1.

The known leaker then begins to speculate on a few things. Since we got a total of eight characters in Season 1, he ponders about the possibility that we could get ten for Season 2. Notably, downloadable fighters were released in groups of two during Season 1 — this trend is likely to continue for Season 2.

Previously, one of Vergeben's sources informed him that Zarbon and Raditz were planned as well. While Vergeben has apparently not spoken to this source for some time, Vergeben speculates that they might be joining the Season 2 roster as they may have gotten pushed out in favor of Cooler and Android 17.

Although Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Gogeta are currently considered to be non-canon characters, they're particularly relevant right now. Super Saiyan 4 Goku has a presence in the ongoing Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime while Gogeta is heavily rumored to make an appearance in the upcoming "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" movie.

It might seem outlandish to hear that there are plans for more variations of Goku being added to the game. As of right now, we have three different forms — Base Form Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, and Super Saiyan Blue Goku — of this particular individual that are playable.

If we count Goku Black, that makes four. Counting fusions that involve Goku — Super Saiyan Blue Vegito and Fused Zamasu — that's a total of six different Gokus.

The addition of Ultra Instinct Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Goku would essentially add two more forms of Goku to the roster. Gogeta is also another fusion between Goku and Vegeta except it does not involve the Potara earrings.

Notably though, Bandai Namco appears to be fully embracing the meme surrounding the situation. They even went out of their way to create a joke tier list that pokes fun of the Goku and Vegeta situation.

Not only has Vergeben been known for leaking information about Dragon Ball FighterZ, but he has also successfully predicted the Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2. He was able to reveal the existence of Soul Calibur 6 before its official announcement and the presence of a character named "Groh," a newcomer to the series.

For the Super Smash Bros. series, he revealed that Snake, the Ice Climbers, and the entire Super Smash Bros. 4 roster would be returning in the latest entry, later revealed to be Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He also made bold claims that Ridley, Simon Belmont, and Isabelle would join the cast as newcomers. We have yet to see factual proof that Street Fighter's Ken, Pokémon's Incineroar, and an unknown Square Enix rep are also playable.

Vergeben has also recently claimed that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has an update being worked on behind the scenes. Supposedly, this game will be re-branded as Marvel vs. Capcom 4. Considering the under-performance of the title and the poor reception from fans and critics alike, this is quite the prediction to make.

With the climax of the Dragon Ball Super anime, Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren appear to be logical choices — even with the abundance of Goku forms already present in the game. Canonically, these will be the most powerful characters to join the fight as Jiren is stated to be even stronger than Universe 7's God of Destruction, Beerus.

ArcSys has shown that they are definitely willing to add non-canonical characters to the roster. Before the announcement of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Broly was not part of the main timeline of the series.

While Bardock is canonical, his character is clearly based on the movie adaption, "Dragon Ball Z: Bardock – The Father of Goku." There's also never been any official confirmation that Frieza has a brother named Cooler.

Although Dragon Ball Super now marks the Dragon Ball GT as being a separate story, there are still a number of fans that would probably be happy to play as Super Saiyan 4 Goku against Super Saiyan Blue Goku in Dragon Ball FighterZ. Gogeta's presence also seems logical if the rumors about the upcoming movie are to be believed.

Of course, all rumors need to be taken with a grain of salt. There's no guarantee that any of this information is factual until there is official confirmation.

Be sure to let us know your thoughts about all of this in the comments section.

link

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34589 Posts

The game is cool, but I haven't got it yet. I might get it for Switch sometime. Might as well wait for some kind of not ridiculously expensive complete edition, I guess.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Yay! Gogeta!..surprise he wasn't in the first one...prefer Gogeta over Vegito...also should have Janemba.. :P Super Saiyan 4 should not be included..

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Gogeta isn't worth playing without him theme tune.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

That's cool and all but when are we going to get the greatest champ of all time MR.SATAN!!!! He took out all the DBZ villains like the trash they are.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18794 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

That's cool and all but when are we going to get the greatest champ of all time MR.SATAN!!!! He took out all the DBZ villains like the trash they are.

He's pure human right?

@superbuuman said:

Yay! Gogeta!..surprise he wasn't in the first one...prefer Gogeta over Vegito...also should have Janemba.. :P Super Saiyan 4 should not be included..

They really milked this series. lol@ Gogeta/Vegito/Super Saiyan 4.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@PSP107 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

He's pure human right?

He's a parody of bullshitter kung fu fads that sprouted in America. Although they never explicity say it, he's very reminiscent of Frank Dux, which Blood Sport was based on. A true story.

Loading Video...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I would imagine you'd need a full special bar to activate UI Goku, then after some time, it leaves him half dead when UI runs out to balance that OP stuff out.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Damn that's a lotta based Goku. Not familiar with the source material... but does the lore really lack a characters to need this many variants

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By superbuuman

@PSP107 said:

He's pure human right?

@superbuuman said:

Yea Mr. Satan is just human, but as @uninspiredcup highlighted the type of character he is...hence why just human characters like Krilin & Yamcha..that is actually waaay stronger than Mr. Satan.

Yea its been milked..they can't let go off Goku...thought Buu Saga was a good end should have been the end for good...Goku was training a prodigy - human character Uub...would have been great if they started a new series with Uub..but that went GT route (I dislike...well hate GT xD)...hence dislike Super Saiyan 4...admit the style of drawing looks good though..but the design of Super Saiyan 4 Yuck!!!!...Ultra Instinct form is not great either on DB Super. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@enzyme36 said:

Damn that's a lotta based Goku. Not familiar with the source material... but does the lore really lack a characters to need this many variants

Na it has tons of character not used. They just like milking the shit out of the most popular ones. Everytime Goku gets a new rainbow color $$$.

Would have liked to have seen Pikkon and Master Roshi than the 27 diffident Goku models.

Aside from the models the stages are abit bare and limited as well. They ignored alot of visually creative stuff in favor of familiarity.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@superbuuman said:

Not that i've played the game, but i'm going to go with DB:GT being cast aside. It was "okay" for what it was, but by no means a respectable addition.

---

As for the news... I've been wanting to pick it up, and i'd love to... Though fighters certainly aren't my forté.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19542 Posts

@enzyme36:

It's kind of like how Superman has so many variants. And Goku is essentially the Superman of anime. Except in Goku's case, most of the variants are really just different power-ups, rather than different characters.

But yes, there are many more characters. But they routinely get sidelined to focus more on Goku and Vegeta, since they're the most popular characters.

Goku's son Gohan was originally intended to take over as the hero, but then he got sidelined and Goku returned to the hero role. Uub was also setup for the hero role, but once again he got sidelined for Goku. And then there's Yamcha, who got sidelined so bad he's become the butt of jokes (Yamcha is like the Hawkeye of DBZ).

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Na it has tons of character not used. They just like milking the shit out of the most popular ones. Everytime Goku gets a new rainbow color $$$.

Would have liked to have seen Pikkon and Master Roshi than the 27 diffident Goku models.

Aside from the models the stages are abit bare and limited as well. They ignored alot of visually creative stuff in favor of familiarity.

I tried watching Super, but just getting back into the power-ups for the sake of beating more powerful bad guys... Definitely grows old. It's partly why I enjoy MHA so much... Midoriya is absolutely useless with using his power, even given how strong it is, but he trains to gain a hold of it rather than mastering and just powering it up more. It falls into the occasional tropes, but largely overcomes them.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@lundy86_4 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I tried watching Super, but just getting back into the power-ups for the sake of beating more powerful bad guys... Definitely grows old. It's partly why I enjoy MHA so much... Midoriya is absolutely useless with using his power, even given how strong it is, but he trains to gain a hold of it rather than mastering and just powering it up more. It falls into the occasional tropes, but largely overcomes them.

Not going going to complain about more Dragonball, grew up on that shit.

But yea, Super was bad in alot respects compared to Z. Nonsensical at times, pretty Deviantart level animation at the start. A rehash of the movies superior animation.

I love Beerus and Whis though, and it did improve towards the end, fixing some of Z's issues. Goku loses against Beerus. Trunks kills Zamasu and the final battle isn't super-duper ultra-instinct but plain old base/SS with 17 winning. Some of the animations sequences towards the final arc are genuinely specular with a great soundtrack.

The English dub is also vastly superior to the Japanese version imo thanks to more intelligently written lines and some stellar voice work. It's actually worth rewatching for that.

Loading Video...

Fun fact - James Marsters from the god awful movie Dragonball Evolution (and that bloke from Buffy The Vampire Slayer) voices Zamasu.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By superbuuman
@lundy86_4 said:

Yup..well they are milking it right now...I mean Godly powers now? - Ultra Instinct..really?..lol...even with Super series..they use 2 movies in the series...lol...you could pretty much skip the starting part of Super series...cause they are re-release of the DB movies they release.. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods & Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F... in episodic form. :P imo just stick to new movies if they don't have anything new besides power up to carry the new series...or go different arc...other than Goku & Vegeta as main characters. :P

I get bored of animes with main characters that shows no character growth nowadays..by that I don't mean power. :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#17 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19542 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

If you enjoy My Hero Academia, have you seen Kenichi or Hajime no Ippo before? MHA reminds me a lot of those shows (minus the supehero stuff).

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

But yea, Super was bad in alot respects compared to Z. Nonsensical at times, pretty Deviantart level animation at the start. A rehash of the movies superior animation.

I love Beerus and Whis though, and it did improve towards the end, fixing some of Z's issues. Goku loses against Beerus. Trunks kills Zamasu and the final battle isn't super-duper ultra-instinct but plain old base/SS with 17 winning. Some of the animations sequences towards the final arc are genuinely specular with a great soundtrack.

The English dub is also vastly superior to the Japanese version imo thanks to more intelligently written lines and some stellar voice work. It's actually worth rewatching for that.

Fun fact - James Marsters from the god awful movie Dragonball Evolution (and that bloke from Buffy The Vampire Slayer) voices Zamasu.

My only problems with Super besides power scaling is how Hit got tossed aside as a rival for Goku and I get the feeling they'll do the same with Jiren if Broly doesn't get killed off in the movie. Considering that Hit is capable of improving on the spot which was how he was able to keep up with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken after being overpowered initially I found it hard to believe he got ringed out by Jiren so easily without making him put in some more effort. I sure hope they don't beat Broly with Ultra instinct too even though they made it out that Goku doesn't know how to use it anymore. I was disappointed that Majin Buu wasn't in the tournament of power even though I was hyped to see Frieza. They should have kept both of them, it would have been hilarious to see the two of them interact with each other.

I didn't like how Tien went out in the tournament either. Master Roshi and even Krillin had some hyped up moments but Tien didn't any real standout fight or moment. All he got was a "Eh you did alright" from Beerus while with Roshi, Beerus was practically ready to best buds with him. Considering that Tien is the strongest human (no I don't believe that Krillin is the strongest crap), had actually beaten Goku in a fight, created the Solar Flare technique that everyone else copied especially Krillin, was able to stall for time against Semi-Perfect Cell and was actually able to knock him back with his tri beams. Tien really did went out dirty.

Power creep and escalation is going to be biggest thing that Super faces. I think it was a big mistake in stating that Super Saiyan God was around 80% of Beerus strength because then that means there are hardly any other possible enemies they can face later on in the series without making gods and angels become redundant and the tournament of power supposedly already brought the best fighters from each universe unless they all got people like Broly hiding in their universes.

@superbuuman said:
@PSP107 said:

He's pure human right?

Yea Mr. Satan is just human, but as @uninspiredcup highlighted the type of character he is...hence why just human characters like Krilin & Yamcha..that is actually waaay stronger than Mr. Satan.

Yea its been milked..they can't let go off Goku...thought Buu Saga was a good end should have been the end for good...Goku was training a prodigy - human character Uub...would have been great if they started a new series with Uub..but that went GT route (I dislike...well hate GT xD)...hence dislike Super Saiyan 4...admit the style of drawing looks good though..but the design of Super Saiyan 4 Yuck!!!!...Ultra Instinct form is not great either on DB Super. :P

I liked the idea of Super Saiyan 4. I never did like how we essentially never saw the great ape forms again after the Saiyan saga or even get mentioned and instead got hair color transformations. It seems that Toriyama is no longer interested in Saiyans being a race of were-monkey people and instead neon rainbow hair colored people seeing as how the Universe 6 Saiyans don't have tails. The idea behind Super Saiyan 4 is pretty cool and thought out. A transformation that can only be achieved by Super Saiyans that still have their tails and instead of just getting a hair color change they take on a primate-like form while not becoming giant monkeys. It makes more sense since the great ape form is a huge strength multiplier for Saiyans and has been the go to transformation before Super Saiyan forms came along. Super Saiyan 3 likely could have been an inspiration for Super Saiyan 4 since Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Gotenks kinda have a neanderthal look to them with their meaty eyebrows and foreheads looking bigger. Plus when Goku transforms we get a visualization of him going from great ape to his normal form. And if I recall correctly Saiyans are stronger with their tails than without them as I remember in Dragon Ball Goku said he felt a lot stronger after his tail grew back. I guess Super Saiyan was a more popular and marketable transformation than the great ape forms.

The Universe 6 Saiyans back tingle metaphor for why they can turn Super Saiyan would have made a lot more sense if the back tingling was them imagining they had tails.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@NoodleFighter said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

My only problems with Super besides power scaling is how Hit got tossed aside as a rival for Goku and I get the feeling they'll do the same with Jiren if Broly doesn't get killed off in the movie. Considering that Hit is capable of improving on the spot which was how he was able to keep up with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken after being overpowered initially I found it hard to believe he got ringed out by Jiren so easily without making him put in some more effort. I sure hope they don't beat Broly with Ultra instinct too even though they made it out that Goku doesn't know how to use it anymore. I was disappointed that Majin Buu wasn't in the tournament of power even though I was hyped to see Frieza. They should have kept both of them, it would have been hilarious to see the two of them interact with each other.

I didn't like how Tien went out in the tournament either. Master Roshi and even Krillin had some hyped up moments but Tien didn't any real standout fight or moment. All he got was a "Eh you did alright" from Beerus while with Roshi, Beerus was practically ready to best buds with him. Considering that Tien is the strongest human (no I don't believe that Krillin is the strongest crap), had actually beaten Goku in a fight, created the Solar Flare technique that everyone else copied especially Krillin, was able to stall for time against Semi-Perfect Cell and was actually able to knock him back with his tri beams. Tien really did went out dirty.

Power creep and escalation is going to be biggest thing that Super faces. I think it was a big mistake in stating that Super Saiyan God was around 80% of Beerus strength because then that means there are hardly any other possible enemies they can face later on in the series without making gods and angels become redundant and the tournament of power supposedly already brought the best fighters from each universe unless they all got people like Broly hiding in their universes.

It defies it's own logic constantly. Z did this, but it was nowhere near as noticeable.

I really love the Bardock movie, as well as how to popped up in Z . It's probably the best and most relevant movie, even though he originally wasn't canon to begin with. It's kind of annoying the Broly movie seems to be just scrubbing it away for something new. Although I guess it's good Broly is getting redone, he's popular, but a pretty shit "me hulk mad!" character.

Loading Video...

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NoodleFighter

@uninspiredcup said:

It defies it's own logic constantly. Z did this, but it was nowhere near as noticeable.

I really love the Bardock movie, as well as how to popped up in Z . It's probably the best and most relevant movie, even though he originally wasn't canon to begin with. It's kind of annoying the Broly movie seems to be just scrubbing it away for something new. Although I guess it's good Broly is getting redone, he's popular, but a pretty shit "me hulk mad!" character.

In case you didn't know, Dragon Ball Super Broly movie is also going to adapt the Dragon Ball Minus manga in which Bardock and Goku's origin story get retconned into becoming even more Superman esque which is ironic because for years Toriyama complained about the anime's depiction of Goku as some hero of justice like Superman but I guess since everyone sees Goku as a Japanese Superman and not a Superman/Sun Wukong mix he just decided to say **** it and join in. I wonder if Raditz and Nappa will play any sort of role in the movie or at least make an appearance. Raditz was a pretty under utilized character in my opinion I mean he is Goku's brother for crying out loud and the first other saiyan he's come into contact with.

The original Broly had a pretty good set up outside of why Broly hates Goku. Broly should have despised Vegeta since his father tried to kill him and he looks just like him. But since Goku is the most popular character Broly has to hate him so the plot can revolve around those two. It was so incredibly stupid that I wonder how the people who gave the thumbs up to that in writing ever even got their jobs. I sure hope the new movie makes Vegeta the one Broly despises or at the very least a better reason for him to hate Goku for doing something that all babies do. Even better if they can tie in to how Frieza has supposedly recruited Broly despite him being stronger and Frieza annihilating their race.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

In other news:

Shocking, DBZ game gets DBZ characters included !!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#22  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Lame. Why is Garlic Jr. never added as a fighter? So many other unique options that are not Goku.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I'd prefer if they stopped with the filler characters and added legit ones like Kid Goku, Roshi, Pilaf, King Piccolo, Mr. Satan, Dabura, Kefla, etc.