RUMOR: Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

Let's hope so.

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Damn, I thought this was an actual announcement

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

You beat me by 4 minutes!! :P

I loved the first game, Mexico was so nicely done with the last gen consoles. It looked so beautiful. An easy day 1 purchase. Be curious if PC gets this game, I'm betting it will just as strong PC sales for all GTA games and the uproar of first game not being on PC.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Meh. I'm sure RDR sequel is coming, but this rumour is very weak. For one the name is really lame, can't imagine R* going for something like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I'm down for red dead 2.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

If true, this sequel better come to PC this time around and better come with no strings attach.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I doubt this franchise is going to become a trilogy.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I don't think any other game related news could make me happier if this is true.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46274 Posts
@Heil68 said:

I loved the first game, Mexico was so nicely done with the last gen consoles. It looked so beautiful. An easy day 1 purchase. Be curious if PC gets this game, I'm betting it will just as strong PC sales for all GTA games and the uproar of first game not being on PC.

Rockstar can piss off if there is no PC version. GTA V on PS3 put me off buying their products on consoles.

Game looked and performed really bad.

Nah, I'll probably still cave in, loved RDR.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator

@mark1974 said:

I don't think any other game related news could make me happier if this is true.

I always ask for Manhunt sequel. Love the first one but never played the second game. Bully 2 at least.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68

@davillain- said:

If true, this sequel better come to PC this time around and better come with no strings attach.

I bet it will with how well other GTA games sell on PC plus the uproar of last game not being on PC. Modders would have a great time with a Western Themed game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Sushiglutton said:

Meh. I'm sure RDR sequel is coming, but this rumour is very weak. For one the name is really lame, can't imagine R* going for something like that.

Rockstar tends to never announce new games at E3. And they don't need to, because when they announce a new game it announces as much buzz as all of E3 put together.

But 2K did say they have new announcements for E3 so I don't know... Hmmmm

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

Rockstar can piss off if there is no PC version. GTA V on PS3 put me off buying their products on consoles.

Really? I played 360 version and thought it was gorgeous.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

This would be awesome news if true.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Rockstar tends to never announce new games at E3. And they don't need to, because when they announce a new game it announces as much buzz as all of E3 put together.

Well Pokemon Sun/Moon was the real deal when the leak happen before the actual announcements. So this sequel for RDR2 gotta be true. You do have a point though, they don't go to E3, but they announce their games at E3. Remember that GTA IV tattoo at Microsofts conference ages ago?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@Heil68 said:

PS3 and 360 version weren't that far off.

Everything looked good... until stuff was 20 meters away from you, everything started lacking detail then. Making you feel like the whole world was rendered in this bubble around you.

Game regularly dipped below 30 fps.

The game was made for PS4/Xbone and PC and it shows.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Is the MP going to be like GTA 5 Online.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I figured it was in development after RDR sold over 12 million copies. Can't wait to see how it looks.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

Well Pokemon Sun/Moon was the real deal when the leak happen before the actual announcements. So this sequel for RDR2 gotta be true. You do have a point though, they don't go to E3, but they announce their games at E3. Remember that GTA IV tattoo at Microsofts conference ages ago?

Yeah, remember how Rockstar didn't even bother showing up ? It was just Peter Moore standing there all by himself... how sad xD

Also, GTA IV was already announced by then. The only announcement in the MS press conference was that they were getting it day one with Playstation.

I'm sure they do have RDR 2 in the works. Rockstar has all these studios, they have to be working on something, right ?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I dont really trust fraghero all that much... Seems too on the nose and that title is too lame to be true. I think its safe to say this is fake

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lostrib

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

Everything looked good... until stuff was 20 meters away from you, everything started lacking detail then. Making you feel like the whole world was rendered in this bubble around you.

RDR was pretty rough to look at on PS3. Apparently it was sub-HD with minimal AA, which would explain why anything too far from the character looked like shit

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@aigis said:

I dont really trust fraghero all that much... Seems too on the nose and that title is too lame to be true

The source could be BS but there is no way another Red Dead game isn't already deep in development right now.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sushiglutton  Online
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Sushiglutton said:

That's a good point. Also isn't a bit weird for them to go for a HD release now? I suppose that R* have not jumped on Xbox BC sould be an argument for? I dunno, I just think this rumour is pretty void of believable content.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@aigis said:

I dont really trust fraghero all that much... Seems too on the nose and that title is too lame to be true

The source could be BS but there is no way another Red Dead game isn't already deep in development right now.

I dont doubt they will do one someday, but this "leak" seems pretty fake. First of all, fraghero, really? Thats were they email and we are getting this leak from? Second the name sucks, I doubt rockstar would call it that if they even called it red dead redemption 2. I just am not taking this leak seriously

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I want a Bully sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@lostrib: V was 720p on both consoles, just red dead and gta IV were sub hd on Ps3.

If the jaggies were bad or the game was blurry it's probably because they used the cheapest fxaa possible, but yeah it often dipped to the 20's or lower

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, remember how Rockstar didn't even bother showing up ? It was just Peter Moore standing there all by himself... how sad xD

Also, GTA IV was already announced by then. The only announcement in the MS press conference was that they were getting it day one with Playstation.

I'm sure they do have RDR 2 in the works. Rockstar has all these studios, they have to be working on something, right ?

I sure hope so as well. RDR2 is overdue.

@R4gn4r0k said:

An interesting link I stumble across awhile back why Rockstar never care about bringing RDR to PC. Rockstar Never care for RDR PC port

Some companies are like that. They don't see PC as a serious platform for games and with the profits they earned from Red Dead Redemption console sales, they don't need a PC version release.

I played and still own RDR PS3 version and even then I can live with the console port despite it was brutal at times with the framerate drops.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

a RDR sequel would prevent me from selling my PS4 (assuming it never comes to PC)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@Chozofication said:

@lostrib: V was 720p on both consoles, just red dead and gta IV were sub hd on Ps3.

If the jaggies were bad or the game was blurry it's probably because they used the cheapest fxaa possible, but yeah it often dipped to the 20's or lower

Yeah, Rockstar finally achieved parity at the end of PS3s lifetime.

The only part where GTA V looked good to me was in the cutscenes. Lots of details, brilliant lip syncing and animation. Apart from that the game looked awful to me.

And the thing I love doing most of all in GTA, creating absolute chaos and blowing everything up, I dreaded doing that in GTA V on PS3. As the framerate would just tank.

Game looked and performed like absolute ass. But of course everyone was hyped as hell, including me, so the game got 10/10s everywhere.

@Sushiglutton said:

That's a good point. Also isn't a bit weird for them to go for a HD release now? I suppose that R* have not jumped on Xbox BC sould be an argument for? I dunno, I just think this rumour is pretty void of believable content.

At this point I'd be happy with anything. A HD RDR remaster or a RDR2. There aren't a lot of games in that setting. And RDR pulled it off really well. You thought horse riding would become boring ? but nope. You thought a huge empty world would become boring ? But again, Rockstar made it very interesting (picking flowers lol, hunting animals, etc...)

But Rockstar isn't known for remasters. They only did it for the Smarphone GTA games.

@davillain- said:

I sure hope so as well. RDR2 is overdue.

An interesting link I stumble across awhile back why Rockstar never care about bringing RDR to PC. Rockstar Never care for RDR PC port

Some companies are like that. They don't see PC as a serious platform for games and with the profits they earned from Red Dead Redemption console sales, they don't need a PC version release.

I played and still own RDR PS3 version and even then I can live with the console port despite it was brutal at times with the framerate drops.

Rockstar is weird in that way. Sometimes they seem to love PC, at other times they don't seem to like it at all. But Rockstar isn't the best at communicating, so it's anyone's guess.

But the reason RDR never came to PC was due to its code, or at least that was the best to go on. As every other of their last gen games did come to PC.

I'm sure if there is a new RDR, it'll come to PC as their latest engine does seem more optimized for PC. So I don't think it would take that much effort. But perhaps it'll launch years later like GTA V, who knows.

The biggest issue I had in the PS3 version was in RDR: Undead Nightmare. I just could not pull off headshots with the Dualshock 3 xD.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

RDR was better than GTA IV.But that's not saying much as GTA 4 sucked.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I must be the only person in the whole world who tried really hard to get into RDR on 360 and just found it really, really boring. I probably didn't stick with it long enough for 'something' to kick in, some profound gaming x-factor equivalent or some much sought after gaming nirvana claimed to be experienced by all who played it that I sadly couldn't find.

I gave it a few hours and it's fair to say I was bored for every single second of it. Oh well, my loss, obviously.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I must be the only person in the whole world who tried really hard to get into RDR on 360 and just found it really, really boring. I probably didn't stick with it long enough for 'something' to kick in, some profound gaming x-factor equivalent or some much sought after gaming nirvana claimed to be experienced by all who played it that I sadly couldn't find.

I gave it a few hours and it's fair to say I was bored for every single second of it. Oh well, my loss, obviously.

Same here bud.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

My instinct tells me this is very likely. Surely their more popular franchise after GTA, wouldn't be surprised at all.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I trust Rockstar enough to not give it a name that shitty. Also why would it be Red Dead Redemption 2, if anything it'll be Red Dead Revolution or Red Dead Revengeance or something similar, I swear people forget there was a Red Dead Revolver sometimes...

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

Damn fall 2017. Wish it was sooner if true. I liked but did not love the first but rockstar has come a long way since RDR came out. A RDR on the same scale as GTA5 could be awesome.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#36 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

Same here. Played well and looked great.

I hope this is true and RDR hits BC also.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

RedDead was made for X1/PS4?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@Chozofication said:

yeah, I meant specifically RDR

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

If its true it would have been nice to hear.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Do you like westerns? The movies that is. I can help you with your problem but we need to start there.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sushiglutton  Online
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Sushiglutton said:

At this point I'd be happy with anything. A HD RDR remaster or a RDR2. There aren't a lot of games in that setting. And RDR pulled it off really well. You thought horse riding would become boring ? but nope. You thought a huge empty world would become boring ? But again, Rockstar made it very interesting (picking flowers lol, hunting animals, etc...)

But Rockstar isn't known for remasters. They only did it for the Smarphone GTA games.

Don't get me wrong, would be all over a HD remaster (well at least if it's on PC). Have played through the game 3 times allready though :).

Yeah they are not really big on remasters and we are pretty deep into next gen now (that said there's a rumour of a Bioshock remaster collection from today(?)).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Would definitely be one of my most anticipated games if true... also don't mind the idea of a HD remaster of RDR.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

the success of GTA V's GTA Online, and I heard Rockstar brings in $60 million/quarter just on the online microtransactuons, I figure their next game they want something they can monetize just the same, and Read Dead is probably the franchise to do this with that should appeal to the same crowd.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

the success of GTA V's GTA Online, and I heard Rockstar brings in $60 million/quarter just on the online microtransactuons, I figure their next game they want something they can monetize just the same, and Read Dead is probably the franchise to do this with that should appeal to the same crowd.

You saying you think it'll be an always online game, without a proper SP campaign?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@blueinheaven: @Randoggy: "I must be the only person in the whole world who tried really hard to get into RDR on 360 and just found it really, really boring. I probably didn't stick with it long enough for 'something' to kick in, some profound "

I thought it was kind of boring too. The horse traveling was a bore but I can understand that giving the time period, but the missions/gunplau was quite boring.

I eventually did finish the main story (I think)

I played the PS3 version.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I think this rumour is true.

I hope it's coming for pc.

Rockstar is very good at making games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

RDR was much better than GTAV.

I'd love to see another one.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@Heil68: PC gamerz gunna pirate it. No no for RDR2 on PC.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

NX exclusive.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points