RUMOR: R* planning entire USA map for GTA6 (planned 2020)

• 84 results
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

http://tech4gamers.com/rockstar-planning-whole-united-states-as-map-for-gta-6/

As per new reports and rumors, Rockstar is currently focusing on next addition to the famous Action-Adventure, Grand Theft Auto 6. The game was announced by Rockstar last year and it will be next title after the successful Grand Theft Auto V.

The chief of Rockstar Games, Leslie Benzies recently spoke about the GTA 6 that the Rockstar team for GTA 6 will be working on map, then story line and missions.

As per few reports, the game is shifted for release in 2020 and map in the game will include whole United States and the big cities and towns like New York, Los Angeles, Miami etc.

These reports are currently based on rumors as there is no official backing of proves of such claims. But it seems that the map in the game having whole U.S is also possible as two famous game had almost whole United States in its map, i.e, Need For Speed: The Run and The Crew. But the map in the game was made smaller and limited to only few cities.

The Crew was an open-world racing game set on tracks of almost whole U.S but Ubisoft developers made map such short and limited as it took less than two hours to drive throughout the country. But thats not an difficult job for Rockstar Games as they have years of experience of making open-world action-adventure games.

Regarding the map of GTA 6, one report stated,

Loading the entirety of the USA would have its issues. I mean, driving from one city to another could be a real chore, especially if it’s just filled with country side and nothing much to do in between

One report also claimed that they interviewed one of the insider and according to him, the next GTA will take around five years for completion and size of the game will be “twice” as that of GTA V.

The mapping reports are confusing as well as exciting. If we believe the reports that means that the game will have some fast travel options for players during missions. There are many different rumors on the internet regarding the GTA 6 which are not yet confirmed so it is difficult to conclude something. Stay tuned for further updates!

intredesting.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

That would be way too big.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Nah, they won't.

Sony_SWAG-Nuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sony_SWAG-Nuff
Member since 2015 • 45 Posts

In before PS4 resolution 1080P unlocked 56fps average longer draw distance and you name it

Xbox One 744P 30fps with heavy frame dips buahahahahahahahah

Had problems identifying the framerate of PC, it crashed twice on me... Might rollback drivers again woahhh what a pain....

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yeah, good luck with that!

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

That would be an amazing feat if R* could pull it off however in the meantime GTA V is keeping me more than occupied on my PS4.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

US is twice as big as LA confirmed.

On a more serious note R* thing is detail more than size. I think more interiors would be much cooler than several cities. And obv much better combat would be nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

PC version 2030

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No way... But then again, there is demand for GTA, so I can see them spending a lot of money into the project but still... entire USA??? Can't believe that.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That's just too big. It's a bogus report. A larger map doesn't mean a better game.

GTA V's map was perfect sized. It provided just enough room to feel large and open without feeling too empty or busy. Rockstar also hand crafts their maps instead of using a lot of procedural generation.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongDeadlift

@Cloud_imperium said:

there is demand for GTA

Thats a hell of an understatement, for describing the most profitable entertainment property IN HUMAN HISTORY.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

And it'll still be boring.

And please, don't take the horrible bait above

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

BS. Technical barriers aside, it's simply not possible to fill such a vast area with content unless you go procedural to the extent of complete blandness; much less so for quality content.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11245 Posts

Way too big and not going to happen. They need to make an 80s themed Miami game (aka Vice City) but with the graphics, physics, gameplay and not to mention everything in between like hair cuts, gym, phone usage and everything else introduced in the later GTAs. San Andreas was like four times bigger with 10 times more things to do in its world than Vice City, but as Vice City was my first GTA game (+ I love the 80s) I still like it more. So a Vice City world that looks better than GTA V's multiplayer and everthing you can do in IV, V and SA ? yes please..

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Bogus for 2 reasons.

1 - They are not working on GTA untill they release another IP / Bully , Manhunt , RDR etc/

2 - Its to big , and it will take them maybe 20 years just to write the story and events around this giant map.

I can't believe you still dream for a whole US GTA , this bulshit was back when GTA SA came out giving us 3 cities.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongDeadlift

@MlauTheDaft said:

BS. Technical barriers aside, it's simply not possible to fill such a vast area with content unless you go procedural to the extent of complete blandness; much less so for quality content.

That depents on if console games are still using Blu Ray in 2020, and havent moved onto something else.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@StrongDeadlift: I meant in terms of man hours. Imagine writing a book a million pages long.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Bullshit

They said that GTA V's map was supposed to be as big as San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined. Which turned out to be a load of horseshit.

And I'll be pretty pissed if Rockstar is working on another GTA instead of putting out another Red Dead sequel.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

That's just a terrible idea. No way is that going to turn out true.

I really don't care where they even set the next GTA. But I want better combat. I want side activities that are actually innovative or original to a degree. I want better mission design. I feel GTA5 lacked significantly in those aspects, and I will even say the game was larger than it really needed to be.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Doesn't this rumor come back after every GTA installment since San Andreas?

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I would not be surprised if they made a bigger map that had a few different locations in it, very much doubt they would use previous locations from GTA 4 and 5.

It would be great if they just abandoned the fictional world of GTA (only the map) and made an accurate map of just one place, I do like accurate representations of places in games.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrongDeadlift

@frank_castle said:

Bullshit

They said that GTA V's map was supposed to be as big as San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined. Which turned out to be a load of horseshit.

And I'll be pretty pissed if Rockstar is working on another GTA instead of putting out another Red Dead sequel.

IIRC, am I the only one who remembers Rockstar confirming that the Read Dead franchise would be getting an update in 2016, at an investor call just a few months ago? I just looked all over google, and couldnt find anything.

If thats the case (and it probably is, its been rumored for years) then its likely pretty far in development. The game is probably almost finished. As far as GTA6 goes, 2020 is a LONG ways away.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Not gonna happen.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#25 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Man, TC loves putting out bogus articles.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

There would be so much space of just nothing- deserts, mountains, farmland.

Now if they wanted they could do LA, San Fran, San Diego, Seattle, Portland. Or Philly, Boston, NY, Chicago, Baltimore, DC.

With fast traveling likely in between the cities

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

This is undeniably false.

And I'm fairly certain their next installment will not be GTA6. I'm rooting for RD.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Too big for single-player. Unless they're making an MMO. Which would suck.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StrongDeadlift

@parkurtommo said:

And I'm fairly certain their next installment will not be GTA6. I'm rooting for RD.

You do understand that this game isnt coming out until 5 years from now in 2020, likely hasnt even STARTED production yet, that Rockstar North (and all of the satalite subs who also contribute to every game) can work on multiple projects at once (especially within that massive timespan), and that Red Dead 3 is likely already closed to being finished anyways?

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

Id rather they set the game in the uk tbh

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:
@parkurtommo said:

You do understand that this game isnt coming out until 5 years from now in 2020, likely hasnt even STARTED production yet, that Rockstar North (and all of the satalite subs who also contribute to every game) can work on multiple projects at once (especially within that massive timespan), and that Red Dead 3 is likely already closed to being finished anyways?

I misunderstood then. The artcle said it would be their next title and that they are currently focusing on it. I don't believe that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Would be really boring.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i dont think id want that

GTA games now are already good enough. If anything the map is a bit large. i cant remember the streets and would have to use the way point to get around anywhere as opposed to gta sa where i knew how to get around

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@sony_swag-nuff: 744p? Wasn't GTAV 1080p on both current gen consoles?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

2020 you say, I be surprise if PS5/next Xbox would handle whole U.S.A GTA map. Not happening.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

The map of GTA 5 is big enough. What I would like to see is much more buildings you can enter. I kinda missed that in GTA5.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#37 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Even though I don't believe the rumor (if they did a US map it would be scaled down and contain like... three or four cities) I think it might just become too big.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

Don't believe it for a second.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

Maybe on a PS6. A PS4 and Xbone? Less is better. Quality over quantity. Just make it set in Vice City again.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Wasdie said:

That's just too big. It's a bogus report. A larger map doesn't mean a better game.

GTA V's map was perfect sized. It provided just enough room to feel large and open without feeling too empty or busy. Rockstar also hand crafts their maps instead of using a lot of procedural generation.

This. What they need to actually do, if they can, is perfect said maps.

Let me enter more shops, enter more buildings in general in fact. Have more activities besides sports (and make them completely optional of course). Stuff like jobs, classes, gangs, mini-games, etc. Add a greater variety of NPC's with an even greater variety of reactions and overall smarter AI (for example, let me rob someone without killing them). Improve the wanted mechanism (enough with the automatic star/s when you do something with no one around you). RDR dead this really well IMO.

These are just a few examples from the top of my head. The map size feels spot on for the various vehicles they have. Now just make the world truly alive. We have the visuals, now give us the real experience.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

That's simply not going to happen. The map would be terrible if true.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

Seeing as they are a British company I would love them to return to the UK for a game instalment. The Getaway was based in London and seeing as development is put on hold indefinitely for that game I think it would be perfect for Rockstar to return to London. One can wish for such things but I'm sure the next one is going to be based on another American city.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#43 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@drinkerofjuice said:

That's just a terrible idea. No way is that going to turn out true.

I really don't care where they even set the next GTA. But I want better combat. I want side activities that are actually innovative or original to a degree. I want better mission design. I feel GTA5 lacked significantly in those aspects, and I will even say the game was larger than it really needed to be.

Agreed that this is a terrible idea. I don't get people's obsession with wanting games to be big just for the sake of being big.

In contrast to GTA V, I want a story that doesn't seem like they pulled it out of their ass at the last minute.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@killerfist said:

The map of GTA 5 is big enough. What I would like to see is much more buildings you can enter. I kinda missed that in GTA5.

This

**** a bigger map, give me more interiors to explore.

That's always been my biggest gripe with the GTA franchise.

Rockstar designs these sprawling, metropolitan cities that are extremely detailed yet I can only go inside of like 8-10 buildings in the entire game and those are mostly just clothing stores.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Its not possible to do that. How would you feel if they did the east side of the USA? I'd like Florida to be 1 part of it. If not, they could do Japan.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

I believe so, but dat foliage...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@bforrester420 said:
@Guy_Brohski said:

I believe so, but dat foliage...

Keep in mind that GTAV was originally made for last gen consoles (PS3/360).

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

PS5 and PC release date : 2023

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

Doesn't stop cows from hyping NMS!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#50 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Too big. Too ambitious. I'm going with bogus.