BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

While there are doubts about how well Google Stadia will perform when it’s out in the wild, there’s no denying that its stage presentation was impressive, and the Stadia specs are nothing to scoff at either. Google Stadia is promising a whopping 10.7 teraflops of power, making it more powerful than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X combined. However, it seems as though Stadia will be outclassed by the next-generation consoles from both Sony and Microsoft.
According to Kotaku reporter Jason Schreier, known for his intimate insider knowledge of the gaming industry, both Sony and Microsoft are “aiming higher” than the 10.7 teraflops that Google Stadia will deliver. Schreier made this claim in a ResetEra thread where he disputed rumors about next-gen dev kits and when next-gen consoles will arrive, stating that next-gen will come in 2020 as many analysts have predicted.

https://gamerant.com/ps5-specs-rumors/

also

With the PS5 and next Xbox both presumably being physical home consoles, it’s no surprise that they are going to be more powerful than Stadia. However, the staggering leap forward this represents may surprise some, as many predicted a smaller, more incremental increase in power when it came to the transition to next-generation consoles.

Sorry Pedro :'(

PS5 rumored to be between 12 - 14TF.

Don't be sorry if you just bought a $500 X or an $800 PC that will be less powerful than PS5, Be better

Kratos

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Who said the X1X would be more powerful than next gen consoles?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Anyone who says next gen is going to be staggering leap forward is an idiot just like anyone who believes it.

BTW, glad to see I am always on your mind. ??

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Xbox launches x1x which pounds psfaux pro for power.. " Power is irrelevant "

Article speculating both next xbox and ps5 will be more powerful than stadia...

"Witness the power of the ps5".

Welcome to moo-moo land.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@MonsieurX: I think a few here have said that sadly.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Google can change their tech anytime they like.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@boxrekt said:
Don't be sorry if you just bought a $500 X or an $800 PC that will be less powerful than PS5, Be better

Kratos

A new console in ~1.5 years will be better than the current one for same/similar price? Wow, much pwned.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoxRekt

@rmpumper said:
@boxrekt said:

Kratos

A new console in ~1.5 years will be better than the current one for same/similar price? Wow, much pwned.

You must feel identified. To bad about your buyers remorse purchase bud.

People who were smart didn't waste their $500 on a half step mid-gen system like the X.

If you're in the PC camp, you should have just waited til next gen system released before upgrading the current expensive PC components.

If you've done either from last year til now, yes, you are pawned much.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

oh shiiiiit

Eat that google choke on it PS5 > STADIA THEN 10 STADIAS

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

So a console that is 3 years old when a rumored new console is going to be released is less powerful!?? More news at eleven...

Seriously boxrekt/recloud or whoever else you are currently, don’t you ever get tired of making these embarrassing threads that always backfire horrible on you?? I mean if I didn’t knew better, I would think that you were an lemming/hermit alt that just make these threads to take the piss on cows and make them look silly....

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boxrekt said:
While there are doubts about how well Google Stadia will perform when it’s out in the wild, there’s no denying that its stage presentation was impressive, and the Stadia specs are nothing to scoff at either. Google Stadia is promising a whopping 10.7 teraflops of power, making it more powerful than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X combined. However, it seems as though Stadia will be outclassed by the next-generation consoles from both Sony and Microsoft.
According to Kotaku reporter Jason Schreier, known for his intimate insider knowledge of the gaming industry, both Sony and Microsoft are “aiming higher” than the 10.7 teraflops that Google Stadia will deliver. Schreier made this claim in a ResetEra thread where he disputed rumors about next-gen dev kits and when next-gen consoles will arrive, stating that next-gen will come in 2020 as many analysts have predicted.

also

With the PS5 and next Xbox both presumably being physical home consoles, it’s no surprise that they are going to be more powerful than Stadia. However, the staggering leap forward this represents may surprise some, as many predicted a smaller, more incremental increase in power when it came to the transition to next-generation consoles.

Kratos

NAVI GPU has extra delta memory compression coverage over memory operation functions and additional GCN compute features such as "wavebreak" with different size grids.

The compute difference is enough to separate NAVI gfx10 compute from Vega gfx9 compute behavior.

"Wavebreak" with different grid size relates to GCN's wavefront compute instruction payload. NAVI may include features like "variable shader rate" which relates to grid size. NVIDIA's Turing GPUs already includes "variable shader rate" and "rapid pack maths" down to INT8 at quad rate speed.

GCN with 56 CU at 1680 Mhz has 12.0 TFLOPS.

GCN with 56 CU at 1800 Mhz has 12.9 TFLOPS.

Looking about RTX 2070 to near RTX 2080 level GPU.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@vfighter said:

I can't recall anyone making that damn claim and if they did they were idiots.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Stadia is server clusters. Much more interesting than another PC-wannabee console like PS5 or Xbox whatever.

Let me know when you have some PS5 exclusives to moo about.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@rmpumper said:

You must feel identified. To bad about your buyers remorse purchase bud.

People who were smart didn't waste their $500 on a half step mid-gen system like the X.

If you're in the PC camp, you should have just waited til next gen system released before upgrading the current expensive PC components.

If you've done either from last year til now, yes, you are pawned much.

Yeah, I have a major buyers remorse on my 4-10 year old PC components.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Let me know what kind of PS5 games it will have cause specs isn't something I'm gonna care about. I just want new IP exclusives only!

@Xabiss said:
@vfighter said:

I can't recall anyone making that damn claim and if they did they were idiots.

That's because no one never ever stated that claim cause who in their right mind thinks Xbox One X will be powerful then PS5? This s next-gen were talking about and it should be PS5 vs Xbox Scarlet, why bring in Xbox One X?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoxRekt

@ProtossRushX said:

oh shiiiiit

PS5 looks to have 2080 performance in console form next gen = far greater actual game performance due to the standardized optimization for console specific hardware.

The power=graphics narrative for PC gamers is going to effectively die next gen.

For all of the rants about how great PC is for being more powerful than console, the only thing they had to show for it this gen was screaming native 4k and 60fps (even though most PCs don't get that now for every game) with console multiplats.

PS5 will be doing 4k60 standard, plus have exclusives that blow every multiplat on PC out of the water no matter how powerful.

The only difference a more powerful Xbox could deliver is a few more frames per second. But if both are doing 60fps, unless the next xbox is doing 120fps @ 4k (it wont) will it make a difference? No, it wont.

Next gen PC gamers would need to spend 2k to get any type of advantage even in multiplats over consoles just to say look I'm doing 8k. But the actual graphics? They simply won't have any argument ammo for that claim.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@boxrekt said:

also

Kratos

NAVI GPU has extra delta memory compression coverage over memory operation functions and additional GCN compute features such as "wavebreak" with different size grids.

The compute difference is enough to separate NAVI gfx10 compute from Vega gfx9 compute behavior.

"Wavebreak" with different grid size relates to GCN's wavefront compute instruction payload. NAVI may include features like "variable shader rate" which relates to grid size. NVIDIA's Turing GPUs already includes "variable shader rate" and "rapid pack maths" down to INT8 at quad rate speed.

and how much power draw on 1800mhz 56cu GCN on gddr6? certainly sounds like console specs

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BoxRekt

@ronvalencia said:

1800Mhz at 12.9TF are the numbers I've been seeing suggested.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Who cares.. just give me Horizon Zero Dawn, new a Spider-Man and the next GOW and I’ll be happy.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@ProtossRushX said:

oh shiiiiit

PS5 looks to have 2080 performance in console form next gen = far greater actual game performance due to the standardized optimization for console specific hardware.

The power=graphics narrative for PC gamers is going to effectively die next gen.

For all of the rants about how great PC is for being more powerful than console, the only thing they had to show for it this gen was screaming native 4k and 60fps (even though most PCs don't get that now for every game) with console multiplats.

PS5 will be doing 4k60 standard, plus have exclusives that blow every multiplat on PC out of the water no matter how powerful.

The only difference a more powerful Xbox could deliver is a few more frames per second. But if both are doing 60fps, unless the next xbox is doing 120fps @ 4k (it wont) will it make a difference? No, it wont.

Next gen PC gamers would need to spend 2k to get any type of advantage even in multiplats over consoles just to say look I'm doing 8k. But the actual graphics? They simply won't have any argument ammo for that claim.

2080 card costs £600-£700 in uk, your telling me you will get equivalent performance in a sub £500 console. That I find hard to believe.

Either 2080 will come down a lot, or sacrifices will be made.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@ProtossRushX said:

oh shiiiiit

The power narrative for PC gamers is going to effectively die next gen.

Specs for RTX 2080

FP: 11.8 TFLOPS FP32 at ~2000 Mhz from CUDA FP cores.

INT: 11.8 TIOPS INT32 at ~2000 Mhz from CUDA INT cores.,

Combined programmable compute rate: 23.6 TOPS

Rapid path maths: double rate FP16 and quad rate INT8. Not factoring Tensor cores which is 80.5 TFLOPSFP16 (DirectML re-mapped capable).

Geometry-raster engines: 6

L2 cache: 4 MB

ROPS: 64 at ~2000 Mhz

----------

Specs for GCN CU 56 as per VII feature set

INT and FP shared: 12 TFLOPS FP32 / TIOPS INT32 at 1680 Mhz

Combined programmable compute rate: 12 TOPS

Rapid path maths: double rate FP16 and quad rate INT8

Geometry-raster engines: 4. It's unlikely NAVI on consoles to exceed 4 units.

L2 cache: 4 MB

ROPS: 64 at 1680 Mhz

Vega 56 at 1710 Mhz rivals or just above RTX 2070.

Loading Video...

Vega 56 at 1710 Mhz didn't beat RTX 2080.

Microsoft plans to introduce DirectML that would enable newer GPUs to use rapid pack maths and Tensor cores with consistent API access.

"Standardized optimization for console specific hardware" is nearly a non-issue on PC since NVIDIA GPUs has NVAPI.

RTX's full potential (CUDA core's rapid pack maths and Tensor core's rapid pack maths) is coming with DirectX12's DirectML access.

AMD's Vega GPU's rapid pack maths also uses DirectX12's DirectML access.

Microsoft is building Windows PC as the "open Xbox" with Xbox One style official Direct3D hit-the-metal access.

AMD is not only company throwing TFLOPS at the problem.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BoxRekt

@tdkmillsy said:
@boxrekt said:

2080 card costs £600-£700 in uk, your telling me you will get equivalent performance in a sub £500 console. That I find hard to believe.

Sure, I think Nvidia will rebrand the 2080 before or around PS5 release to bring the price down. Nvidia are all about re-branding out of the blue.

We already know PS5 will be 11 - 13TF and Sony not going over $500 retial so maybe that's why that investors were predicting those 20 million PC gamers would cross over to consoles?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

I'm drooling thinking about what Sony's first party can do with all that power. Power is meaningless without the talent to harness it and Sony's devs have been shown to be masters of their craft over the years. What they did with the base PS4's 1.8 tflops is beyond outstanding and I shudder to think what they can do with 10 times or more of that. HZD2 and GOW2 will melt eyeballs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-642321fb121ca
@howmakewood said:
@ronvalencia said:
@boxrekt said:

also

Kratos

and how much power draw on 1800mhz 56cu GCN on gddr6? certainly sounds like console specs

How do we know it won't be HBM?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Howmakewood

@Random_Matt: because the HBM prices are nuts

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@sealionact: hilarious isn’t it?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@tdkmillsy said:
@boxrekt said:
@ProtossRushX said:

oh shiiiiit

The 20 series cards are a scam IMO so I expect Nvidia to lower their price in time for next gen. Right now we are paying the Nvidia tax to get access to raytracing from them.

It's why I chose to wait till next gen insoles are out before upgrading my card (I'm still rocking a 1080). Once the new consoles are out Nvidia will finally have competition again, and they will lower price and release new cards to stay competitive, and that's when I'll bite and upgrade my PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@boxrekt said:

also

Kratos

Got my X for $220, go play your hot stack of pancakes that plays games worse than the base version.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

Who said the X1X would be more powerful than next gen consoles?

I don't know about that, but I certainly remember people saying it would be stronger than high end PCs. ?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ronvalencia

@Random_Matt said:
@howmakewood said:

HBM v2 is garbage on AMD hardware.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Considering the Xbox One X has 6 TFLOP’s now and console generation jumps has always more than doubled in power.

So it should be expected that Sony and MS will aim higher than 10 TFLOPs.

However, Stadia might be just an app with minimal hardware, a controller and a Chromecast.

For me, I am lucky to have super fast internet and Stadia looks quite attractive. I could spend that $400-500 on games instead of the console.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sealionact

Next gen leap will be the least noticeable yet. With x1x already performing 4k native @30fps, the most we're looking at is 30fps more which hardly a giant leap. Probably upscaled 4k at that, so pricing, launch dates, policies and games will have much more of an effect on sales than power when it comes to selling most consoles.

4k sets still aren't anywhere near in the majority of homes, so anyone claiming we're looking at 8k gaming next gen is delusional.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Is Stadia really the benchmark for next gen?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ronvalencia

@sealionact said:

Next gen leap will be the least noticeable yet. With x1x already performing 4k native @30fps, the most we're looking at is 30fps more which hardly a giant leap. Probably upscaled 4k at that, so pricing, launch dates, policies and games will have much more of an effect on sales than power when it comes to selling most consoles.

4k sets still aren't anywhere near in the majority of homes, so anyone claiming we're looking at 8k gaming next gen is delusional.

Scaling CPU power by 4X at 1.6Ghz clock speed enables PC's style NPC count from Ashes of Singularity.

CPU power dictates game-play simulation's quality and scale.

GPU only renders CPU's view port.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-642321fb121ca
@ronvalencia said:
@Random_Matt said:
@howmakewood said:

That something to do with GCN or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-642321fb121ca
@Ant_17 said:

Is Stadia really the benchmark for next gen?

Looked impressive to be honest.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ronvalencia

@howmakewood said:
@ronvalencia said:
@boxrekt said:

also

Kratos

Loading Video...

Includes real time power consumption comparison.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ao43xl/radeon_vii_insanely_overvolted_undervolting/

VII is insanely over volted.

AMD has to solve >170 watts power spikes.

Note why MS created their own power curve profile for X1X.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ronvalencia

@Random_Matt said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Random_Matt said:
@howmakewood said:

Diminishing returns with VII.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Howmakewood
@ronvalencia said:
@Random_Matt said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Random_Matt said:
@howmakewood said:

maybe there's bandwidth wasted, reduced power draw is one of the obvious factors as well tho.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ronvalencia

@howmakewood said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Random_Matt said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Random_Matt said:

maybe there's bandwidth wasted, reduced power draw is one of the obvious factors as well tho.

Quad HBM v2 stacks...

NVIDIA: added 128 ROPS with GV100

AMD: recycled 64 ROPS from Vega 64. LOL. WTF is AMD doing?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sealionact

@ronvalencia: More NPCs at 30fps higher than now.

Hardly awe inspiring is it?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ronvalencia

@sealionact said:

@ronvalencia: More NPCs at 30fps higher than now.

Hardly awe inspiring is it?

Loading Video...

PC's city scale example.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

FInd it strange google aren't just catering to the casual gaming crowd. Who I see going to bother with the stadia when streaming isn't even mainstream.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Howmakewood
@ronvalencia said:
@howmakewood said:
@ronvalencia said:
@boxrekt said:

also

Kratos

Loading Video...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ao43xl/radeon_vii_insanely_overvolted_undervolting/

AMD is obviously shipping them with higher base voltage to get better yields, so while you can easily UV most of the cards on the market, the lower ones would just crash

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ronvalencia

@howmakewood said:
@ronvalencia said:
Loading Video...

AMD is obviously shipping them with higher base voltage to get better yields, so while you can easily UV most of the cards on the market, the lower ones would just crash

For X1X, Microsoft created a circuitry to figure out the ideal power curve for each APU silicon without end user's intervention i.e. superior craftsmanship while AMD is being lazy.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BoxRekt

@kadin_kai said:

Considering the Xbox One X has 6 TFLOP’s now and console generation jumps has always more than doubled in power.

So it should be expected that Sony and MS will aim higher than 10 TFLOPs.

However, Stadia might be just an app with minimal hardware, a controller and a Chromecast.

For me, I am lucky to have super fast internet and Stadia looks quite attractive. I could spend that $400-500 on games instead of the console.

Lmao, you won't own any games on Stadia fool

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@boxrekt: You won't own your ps5 games either. Be careful what you say or daddy Sony will come take your games away.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I find that hard to believe considering AMDs most powerful gpu on the market right now is the 14 TF vega VII, which at 14 TF still can’t beat the 11TF 1080ti and barely beats the non ti 1080. Everybody knows that if you want a high end gpu you go with NVidia because they have no competition in the high end gpu market. I’m concerned about how they(Ms and Sony) are gonna be able to go much higher than what the X has to offer, because based on rumors we’re to expect 2080ti levels of performance. Yet AMD has no gpu to compete with the 2080 let alone 2080/1080 ti.

How can you put that much power in a small box while managing to maintain safe operating temps? Also find it weird that AMD would not release a high end pc gpu and continue to let NVidia dominate that space while instead building a high end gpu for consoles that they won’t make as much money from. Realistically I expect both consoles to use something along the lines of an r5 1600 paired with a Rx 590, with gpu and cpu clocks being tuned down to help manage heat.

People are setting their sights to high, now that consoles basically use off the shelf pc parts the ceiling for consoles is a little easier to guesstimate. As long as the consoles continue to use AMD they will never be able to compete with high end gpus because that space belongs to Nvidia. When it comes to gaming it’s always been Intel+Nvidia>AMD. Remember, Ryzen has not changed that narrative Ryzen is just the “bang for your buck” king, if you’re going for best FPS/Res Nvidia+Intel is the definitive answer. #Undisputed

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

The xbox 360 had performance in 2005 equivalent to a $550 video card,yet it was from $300 to $400 dollars,MS was eating a $125 dollar loss per unit i remember well.

To sony and MS those chips will not cost them what you pay for a card or even close,they buy in millions those are chips that other wise would have never be sold,and will instantly make that GPU the highest seller.

For example the 7870 of AMD is the best selling single model GPU inside GCN thanks of the PS4.

Now i am not saying it will come with a 2080 level of performance at all,but that they simply will not pay the same you would on market.