Rumor : Physical Xbox games will no longer be manufactured and distributed in Brazil

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1043 Posts

According to what some Brazilian distributors indicate, Xbox games will no longer be manufactured and distributed in Brazil. The information was confirmed by the NERDIZMO team, through stores that work with Solutions 2 Go and Warner.

Some of the next games to be released, such as Hogwarts Legacy, Like a Dragon: Ishin! and Resident Evil 4, will already be the first that will not receive a disc version for Xbox in the national market. Even the game was only put up for pre-order for PlayStation only, for this reason.

Apparently, new games will not be released on physical media for Xbox. We'll keep an eye out for more information on the matter.

Google translated :

https://nerdizmo-uai-com-br.translate.goog/jogos-de-xbox-nao-serao-mais-fabricados-e-distribuidos-no-brasil/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

From what I can see it seems to be a preference for GP/digital, which kinda makes sense with GP, due to higher prices within Central American countries... Could be wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

That is the inevitable future due to GP. Sony will go full digital eventually.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

And that is where you're indirectly foced to sub. Just you wait until the sub is $30/month. MS wanted full digital last gen, and it didn't work, but with GP, it will work this gen. Be ready to rent video games😂😂😂

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Damn. Wasn’t Brazil a hotspot for Xbox? This will not bode well

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

All these companies want to go all digital. It’s only a matter of time.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4

@randy_lahey said:

Central/South America is expensive for physical games and hardware, so it stands to reason that GP may be the way to go. Not sure how accurate this story is, but it makes sense.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Gamepass effect. Why buy game when u can sub. Unfortunate for Xbox users its a trade off that is inevitable. Japan and Germany (in some stores) also stopped stocking xbox physical games and this will only grew. I suspect in europe the only reason game distributer dont stop xbox physical games is due to FIFA physical selling well.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 loudheadphones

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

Central/South America is expensive for physical games and hardware, so it stands to reason that GP may be the way to go. Not sure how accurate this story is, but it makes sense.

Used games are cheap, though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

Expensive or not, they can resell their games, and get a good amount of money back. Price of physical copies should never be a issue unless you don't get rid of your titles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4

@hardwenzen said:

Expensive or not, they can resell their games, and get a good amount of money back. Price of physical copies should never be a issue unless you don't get rid of your titles.

Initial cost of purchase is always an issue. Resale isn't any form of guarantee.

@loudheadphones said:

Could you provide examples?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Damn! Xbox is doom like PC gaming.😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Initial cost of purchase is always an issue. Resale isn't any form of guarantee.

What do you mean? Its not difficult to get rid of a title, and recoup at least half of the cost.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4

@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:

What do you mean? Its not difficult to get rid of a title, and recoup at least half of the cost.

You aren't guaranteed a price.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I'm not sure if anyone on this board lives in Brazil and can confirm, but the time I spent over there I never saw any retail games in general.

This was last gen but still, I don't think physical games are widely sold there.

I'd imagine the few stores that carry physical games are more boutique shops

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I still don't get it lol. Not only can they easily sell them locally (probably have something similar to craiglist/kijiji), but can always sell em on ebay, something i've been doing since last gen.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I still don't get it lol. Not only can they easily sell them locally (probably have something similar to craiglist/kijiji), but can always sell em on ebay, something i've been doing since last gen.

Again: "You aren't guaranteed a price."

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:

How is this even possible? If you're selling a recently released game, you're indeed guaranteed to sell it quickly. If you're trying to sell ES Oblivion for the 360, then of course you're not guaranteed on anything.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4

@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:

How is this even possible? If you're selling a recently released game, you're indeed guaranteed to sell it quickly. If you're trying to sell ES Oblivion for the 360, then of course you're not guaranteed on anything.

Stop trying your troll bait. You aren't guaranteed a price, nor an actual sale.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Stop trying your troll bait. You aren't guaranteed a price, nor an actual sale.

I am not trolling🤦‍♂️But now i get it, getting rid of your games is nothing you've done in a long time. You assume its difficult because it might've been difficult for you 20 years ago lol. This is not how this works.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By loudheadphones
@lundy86_4 said:
@hardwenzen said:

@loudheadphones said:

Could you provide examples?

Used games are always cheap or some deals?? Anyway, same thread on ERA

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Well if the market for physical Xbox games is that small then it only makes sense to stop manufacturing them there. They can play physical versions of Xbox games purchased from other regions though right?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Time to storm the National Congress and vandalize the premises since some of us can't get our way

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

If this happens in the US or UK, I'll be pissed. While yes, I use GP, I still buy physical games even for Xbox. Just this week and for $20 US:

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts

The more digital nominates sales the more value on the 2nd hand market physical copies will have thus valuing my physical collection even more. We're starting to see that trend so... bring it on

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Depending on the quarter, something between 80-90% of game sales are digital now. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this will be more commonplace across the industry in all regions in coming years.

This will bo doubt be a major plus for developers and publishers. Not even over the idea of used game sales, but rather the burden of physical publishing costs, and fronting royalties, and keeping money on hand to issue MSRP price adjustments with distribution and when sales discounts take place. All cuts will happen at the point of sale.

This might also open up more opportunities for independent publishing. It may also open up game availability accessibility among more platforms as physical publishing considerations are more likely weighed more on platform decisions than whether said game is even profitable to develop for that system. For example, Koei Tecmo releasing their next Fatal Frames across every system on the market as a digital only release just illustrates that direction. If they'd had burdened themselves with physical distribution they no doubt would scale down the number of supported system on release.