Rumor: MS is secretly cooking AGE OF EMPIRES 4 F*CK YEH

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for jhonMalcovich
#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

PC Gamer

Well...it makes sense with these sudden HD rereleases of previous AoE installments. And do you remember that vague MS´s statement that they are planning AAA games for PC ?

CVG first noticed a Microsoft job listing posted to the company’s careers site. Posted on April 28, it’s looking for a principal software development engineer lead to join Microsoft Game Studios at its headquarters in Redmond Washington. The crucial clue here is that this experienced senior games developer will be working on “a new AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise.”

“a new AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise.”

“a new AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise.”

“a new AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise.”

Avatar image for RR360DD
#2 Posted by RR360DD (13823 posts) -

Would prefer another Age of mythology

Avatar image for groowagon
#3 Posted by groowagon (4623 posts) -

i just hope it's not age of mythology

Avatar image for lglz1337
#4 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

ok this is exciting

PHOTON MAN

enter

PHOTON MAN

enter

PHOTON MAN

enter

i like MS, do it!

Avatar image for Praisedasun
#5 Edited by Praisedasun (504 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Would prefer another Age of mythology

Avatar image for nyzma23
#6 Posted by nyzma23 (1003 posts) -

age of empire 4 and fsx 2015

Avatar image for Sweenix
#7 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Is it to late to say photon man?

Avatar image for groowagon
#8 Posted by groowagon (4623 posts) -

what is photon man?

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#9 Edited by IgGy621985 (5455 posts) -

Considering it's Microsoft we're talking about, I'm guessing they'll do something of the following:

- free 2 play
- another attempt with console exclusive strategy since Halo Wars
- Xbox One/Windows AoE

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#10 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

lol as if m$ would do the right thing. guaranteed to be halo wars 2 with kinect integration

Avatar image for gameofthering
#11 Edited by gameofthering (11130 posts) -

Who would they have create it and will it be this?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#12 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (44885 posts) -

Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, Halo Wars, and Age of Empires.

All solid possible options.

But for the love of all that is holy, it better make it to PC though.

Avatar image for daious
#13 Edited by Daious (2315 posts) -

I really really hope so

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (26094 posts) -

For XboxOne. With Microtransactions.

Avatar image for JangoWuzHere
#15 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

Halo Wars 2

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#16 Posted by wolverine4262 (20831 posts) -

Id be much more excited for another Rise of Nations. Age of Empires wasnt nearly as engaging to me.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#17 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12480 posts) -

Age of Empires: Advanced Warfare am confirmed :D

Avatar image for 404FredNotFound
#18 Posted by 404FredNotFound (110 posts) -

I personally don't see the point in a new Age of Empires, this last AoE HD release is all I need from AoE, Age of Mythology was also dam fun, The Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds was also so much fun, Id totally be up for a HD version of that. I mean personally I don't think MS can get out anything has special in the RTS genre has those old games, They can try tho....

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#19 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

I thought about posting it earlier today but then I thought it could be something else , since this is M$ (Halo Wars 2 , F2p game or any other shit) . Hopefully it is indeed AOE 4 .

Avatar image for Vatusus
#20 Posted by Vatusus (8408 posts) -

lol strategy games

Avatar image for Puggy301
#21 Posted by Puggy301 (195 posts) -
@RR360DD said:

Would prefer another Age of mythology

^^ This ^^

Avatar image for pelvist
#22 Posted by pelvist (6936 posts) -

Youll probably need Windows 8 and sign in to XBOX live to play it though, not worth it.

Avatar image for Kjranu
#23 Edited by Kjranu (1750 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Youll probably need Windows 8 and sign in to XBOX live to play it though, not worth it.

Don't forget Gold membership is also required to play Microsoft-certified PC games.

Avatar image for Mr-Kutaragi
#24 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (2466 posts) -

Age of empire game where best game of MS but they shut down studio so who will make...

Avatar image for Wasdie
#25 Posted by Wasdie (53500 posts) -

New IPs? Nah. Let's ruin old ones instead.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#26 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27732 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

Considering it's Microsoft we're talking about, I'm guessing they'll do something of the following:

- free 2 play

- another attempt with console exclusive strategy since Halo Wars

- Xbox One/Windows AoE

Yeah, though I'm a huge fan of AOE and could get my hopes up now... I'm not going to.

This could be the sequel fans have been asking for years.

Or it could be ruined in a lot of ways. Whatever MS has in it's mind at that moment

"Hey, you know what would be great ? An RTS on Xbox !!!"

"Hey, you know what PC gamers want ? A free to play game !!!"

"Oh, now I know, F2P on Iphone will definitely work, believe me !!!"

Or perhaps they'll make a game to promote the new touch features of their advanced WIndows 9...

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#27 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27732 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Age of empire game where best game of MS but they shut down studio so who will make...

Robot entertainment, who has a lot of people from Ensemble working at it, but they are making another game right now...

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
#28 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12217 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

lol strategy games

Too much thought required, eh?

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#29 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (9463 posts) -

This probably isn't worth getting excited about. Does Microsoft even own a studio with experience creating an RTS?

Avatar image for Renegade_Fury
#30 Posted by Renegade_Fury (19815 posts) -

Meh, give me Age of Mythology 2 instead.

Avatar image for Vatusus
#31 Edited by Vatusus (8408 posts) -

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@Vatusus said:

lol strategy games

Too much thought required, eh?

true. It also requires bad taste in games and I dont have that :(

Avatar image for hehe101
#32 Posted by hehe101 (734 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

For XboxOne. With Microtransactions.

isn't this abit old for you yet? Or you still getting kicks out of it?

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#33 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@Vatusus said:

lol strategy games

Too much thought required, eh?

true. It also requires bad taste in games and I dont have that :(

You realize you saying games that actually require thought and strategy mean bad taste make you sound like a complete idiot.

You literally just said you don't like things that make you think. Let that sink in for a minute.

Avatar image for Pray_to_me
#34 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

Zzz

Avatar image for Vatusus
#35 Edited by Vatusus (8408 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@Vatusus said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@Vatusus said:

lol strategy games

Too much thought required, eh?

true. It also requires bad taste in games and I dont have that :(

You realize you saying games that actually require thought and strategy mean bad taste make you sound like a complete idiot.

You literally just said you don't like things that make you think. Let that sink in for a minute.

lol it was a joke

why so dense brah?

gaming, serious business

Avatar image for Icarian
#36 Edited by Icarian (1778 posts) -

If it has modern age, then I'm not interested. Never liked the modern stuff in Empire Earths, Rise of Nations etc.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#37 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19114 posts) -

Better not be Halo Wars 2.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#39 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Vatusus said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@Vatusus said:

lol strategy games

Too much thought required, eh?

true. It also requires bad taste in games and I dont have that :(

You realize you saying games that actually require thought and strategy mean bad taste make you sound like a complete idiot.

You literally just said you don't like things that make you think. Let that sink in for a minute.

lol it was a joke

why so dense brah?

gaming, serious business

lol ok I admit I fell for that but come on now. Half of your posts are anti everything other than PS4. What am I supposed to expect?

Avatar image for cfisher2833
#40 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

That'll be hilarious if they're talking about Halo Wars. That or they'll make an XB1 exclusive Age of Empires that uses shitty voice commands and motion controls. After all, when's the last time those fuckers at Microsoft made a PC exclusive?

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#41 Edited by foxhound_fox (96996 posts) -

Wasn't Ensemble disbanded?

Avatar image for ChubbyGuy40
#42 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26442 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

That or they'll make an XB1 exclusive Age of Empires that uses shitty voice commands and motion controls.

I can imagine it now. (Raises hands) "Xbox, wololo!" And then it gets the command wrong.

Avatar image for OneLazyAsian
#43 Posted by OneLazyAsian (1708 posts) -

I just hope if MS does make another AoE that it isn't a disappointment like AoE3 was.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#44 Edited by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

Calling it, its going to be for Xbox One, not PC.

Avatar image for Jankarcop
#45 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

so many pc aaaE's comming, damn every gen i love it

Avatar image for zeeshanhaider
#46 Edited by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

I don't expect anything good from MS anymore.

Avatar image for hoosier7
#47 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

If this is another F2P butchering of a classic series i'll cry.

Avatar image for MK-Professor
#48 Edited by MK-Professor (4151 posts) -

I will be more than happy if they just take AOE2 and make it 3D. If they make a AOE4 is going to be even worse than AOE3.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#49 Edited by uninspiredcup (26094 posts) -

@MK-Professor said:

I will be more than happy if they just take AOE2 and make it 3D. If they make a AOE4 is going to be even worse than AOE3.

But AOE3 is still a good game compared to half the shit out these days.

Many pc gamers say "oh well Paradox interactive put out great strategy games". No they fucking don't, they shove out as much shit as humanly possible with no quality control.

Avatar image for MK-Professor
#50 Edited by MK-Professor (4151 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

@MK-Professor said:

I will be more than happy if they just take AOE2 and make it 3D. If they make a AOE4 is going to be even worse than AOE3.

But AOE3 is still a good game compared to half the shit out these days.

Of course it is, but AOE2 is way better.