Rumor: MS in advanced talks to acquire major historically Playstation developer (leaker of every MS Acquisition so far)

• 128 results
#1 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5577 posts) -

https://www.comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/12/03/microsoft-advanced-talks-playstation-developer-xbox-one-x/

You asked for it, and god has bequeathed it to you cows.

Perhaps time to pepper your buttholes and pretend you never liked Insomniac? Who knows who this could be.

#2 Posted by Chutebox (44055 posts) -

They can't.....you know, create studios and add to the market?

#3 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8274 posts) -

Can't beat em? buy em out of competition!

#4 Edited by mazuiface (667 posts) -

How is asset stripping in the video game industry good news for anyone who likes video games?

#5 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5577 posts) -

@Chutebox:

They've created two large scale studios this gen (black tusk and initiative) and beefed up Playground Games with a second studio, and staffed all three of them with leadership from the biggest AAA studios in the industry, including your favorite PS exclusive developers. (R*, Kojima, Retro, Naughtydog, SMS, Guerilla Games, chrystal dynamics, etc...among other 3rd parties)

What more do you possibly want them to do? Why should acquisitions be limited to Sony like when they bought ND?

#6 Edited by AcePilot (75 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift: Your source saying it's not Insomniac.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1069617186933751808

#7 Posted by Chutebox (44055 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift: What does this have to do with Sony? Are they the ones in a buying spree?

I would like new studios for new games. It's simple.

#8 Posted by ronvalencia (26528 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

https://www.comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/12/03/microsoft-advanced-talks-playstation-developer-xbox-one-x/

Perhaps time to pepper your buttholes and pretend you never liked Insomniac? Who knows who this could be.

I prefer 2B's butt.

#9 Posted by Zappat (1260 posts) -

@mazuiface said:

How is asset stripping in the video game industry good news for anyone who likes video games?

Lol lemmings don't like video games, they like MS and would see gaming go down under if it meant MS would be happy. Worst fanboys ever in gaming.

#10 Posted by Zappat (1260 posts) -

@acepilot said:

@StrongDeadlift: Your source saying it's not Insomniac.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1069617186933751808

Ouch, lemmings wet dreams cancelled lol

#11 Posted by dotWithShoes (5480 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

@Chutebox:

They've created two large scale studios this gen (black tusk and initiative) and beefed up Playground Games with a second studio, and staffed all three of them with leadership from the biggest AAA studios in the industry, including your favorite PS exclusive developers. (R*, Kojima, Retro, Naughtydog, SMS, Guerilla Games, chrystal dynamics, etc...among other 3rd parties)

What more do you possibly want them to do? Why should acquisitions be limited to Sony like when they bought ND?

Well, Cows say that MS doesn't care about games just services so MS buys studios... "Why can't they make their own studios instead of buying them?" so MS creates their own studios, "these studios are untested so how can know if they don't just suck, they probably wont make anything but flops" so MS buys studios with a proven track record, "Why can't MS just create their own studios instead of buying them."

It's like Trump Derangement Syndrome but in video games, it's MS Derangement Syndrome.

#12 Edited by Chutebox (44055 posts) -
@dotWithShoes said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

@Chutebox:

Well, Cows say that MS doesn't care about games just services so MS buys studios... "Why can't they make their own studios instead of buying them?" so MS creates their own studios, "these studios are untested so how can know if they don't just suck, they probably wont make anything but flops" so MS buys studios with a proven track record, "Why can't MS just create their own studios instead of buying them."

It's like Trump Derangement Syndrome but in video games, it's MS Derangement Syndrome.

I've literally said none of that but what you quoted me as saying (and I stand by it). MS should create their own studios, giving new talent a chance to make games with a decent budget. They have enough studios as is to release games while the new studios work on getting their first games pumped out.

#14 Posted by watercrack445 (850 posts) -

Lemmings have much tighter buttholes. That is what I noticed from my experience.

#15 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17947 posts) -

I'm thinking maybe a dev like Supermassive Games maybe...

#16 Posted by The-A-Baum (1017 posts) -

This thread already exists

#17 Posted by lebanese_boy (14944 posts) -
@watercrack445 said:

Lemmings have much tighter buttholes. That is what I noticed from my experience.

Why do you know and have experience with other people's buttholes?

#18 Posted by Dagubot (1017 posts) -
@lebanese_boy said:
@watercrack445 said:

Why do you know and have experience with other people's buttholes?

LMAO!

#19 Edited by ronvalencia (26528 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@dotWithShoes said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

@Chutebox:

I've literally said none of that but what you quoted me as saying (and I stand by it). MS should create their own studios, giving new talent a chance to make games with a decent budget. They have enough studios as is to release games while the new studios work on getting their first games pumped out.

Microsoft Borg is back i.e. it's time to assimilate again.

#21 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

Hopefully its not Supermassive as they're games are average at best, and that's being nice.

#22 Posted by Boycie (4596 posts) -

Maybe they've got Psygnosis back together.

#23 Posted by Sevenizz (2213 posts) -

Hopefully it’s not one of those studios that make turn based RPGs or those dreadful movie qte games. Err wait - isn’t that any sony studio?

#24 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Hopefully it’s not one of those studios that make turn based RPGs or those dreadful movie qte games. Err wait - isn’t that any sony studio?

If you haven't played Sunset Overdrive you really need to its a great game.

#25 Posted by Boycie (4596 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@Sevenizz said:

One I meaning to get round to as it's on Gamepass.

#26 Posted by UItravioIence (1100 posts) -

Lol all these lems drooling over Sony Leftovers

#27 Posted by Boycie (4596 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

Well at least there not creating dog shit threads that make you all look bad.

#28 Posted by UItravioIence (1100 posts) -

@boycie: what thread made me look bad?

#29 Edited by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Sevenizz said:

One I meaning to get round to as it's on Gamepass.

I held of initially because of the grinding on rails thinking there might be a balance meter, but there isn't and made the game really good, and MS should really fund a sequel.

#30 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

Hopefully its not Supermassive as they're games are average at best, and that's being nice.

They'll fit right in with the other MS studio's then...

#31 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

G'head, keep poking that big bad bear.

Phony and Nintendont are doomed... Doooomed I tellz ya. :P

#32 Posted by knight-k (2165 posts) -

Let's see how they mismanage these new studios like good ol Rare.

#33 Posted by tormentos (27981 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

Great now lemmings will pretend again they LIKE Insomniac..hahahhaaaa

@ronvalencia said:

But but but i am not limited to PS4 and xbox..Hahahahahahahhaa

#34 Posted by PC_Rocks (1434 posts) -

Probably Ready at Dawn or the studio that does remasters for Sony like SoTC, UCC etc.

#35 Edited by Ten_Pints (3513 posts) -

No sunset overhype 2 for you.

#36 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@dotWithShoes:

"It's like Trump Derangement Syndrome but in video games, it's MS Derangement Syndrome."

Fother Mucking spot on mah man. :D

They be like.... Insane in the membrane. lol :P

#37 Posted by kuu2 (10940 posts) -

Welcome Naughty Dog.

#38 Posted by DeepH (734 posts) -
@uitravioience said:

Of course they do. Even a second-rate Sony studio is 10 times better than anything xbox ever had.

#39 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

Eeeeewwww, 1337 Xbox gamers want no part of stinky movie-game manure. :P

#40 Posted by xxyetixx (3016 posts) -

Jaffe and a vehicle combat game is all I’d be interested in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#41 Posted by pyro1245 (4268 posts) -
@kuu2 said:

Welcome Naughty Dog.

Time to make some platformers!

#42 Posted by AJStyles (247 posts) -

Quantic Dream

Or whoever made Until Dawn.

There were rumors about this a year ago.

It makes perfect sense from Microsoft’s viewpoint. They are mid sized developers not owned by Sony and they make “Movie” games.

So Microsoft wants their own movie games to try and win over Sony fans. It would be cheap for MS to acquire either of them.

#43 Posted by ronvalencia (26528 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

Great now lemmings will pretend again they LIKE Insomniac..hahahhaaaa

@ronvalencia said:

But but but i am not limited to PS4 and xbox..Hahahahahahahhaa

Microsoft has Windows OS idiot.

#44 Posted by Pedro (32072 posts) -

Its a rough time to be a Sony fanny because soon they will have no argument against the Xbox besides "I can play the game on my PC." As if that's a bad thing. LOL.

#45 Posted by Telekill (8138 posts) -

@dotWithShoes: Keep the fucking politics out of it.

#46 Posted by Pedro (32072 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@dotWithShoes: Keep the fucking politics out of it.

Triggered. Don't be a snowflake.

#47 Posted by tormentos (27981 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Microsoft has Windows OS idiot.

PC is not owned by MS and MS can't control shit of what goes on,in the PC market so save it.

Again you defend the xbox like a broken disc and don't have one a testament of how shitty it is..Hahahhaaaa

You don't even support the product that lobby here all day long.

@Pedro said:

Its a rough time to be a Sony fanny because soon they will have no argument against the Xbox besides "I can play the game on my PC." As if that's a bad thing. LOL.

lol a few B or C class developers and already they think MS bouth 10 ND like quality developers.lol

So what will be the excuse next gen when they keep failing even with more studios?

Yes it is you need a PS4 for PS4 exclusives you don't need an xbox for xbox games,seem like its the PC the one with the biggest win,specially if you take into account better graphics and free online play + the huge catalog PC also has to offer than isn't on xbox.

#48 Posted by Pedro (32072 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Pedro said:

lol a few B or C class developers and already they think MS bouth 10 ND like quality developers.lol

So what will be the excuse next gen when they keep failing even with more studios?

Yes it is you need a PS4 for PS4 exclusives you don't need an xbox for xbox games,seem like its the PC the one with the biggest win,specially if you take into account better graphics and free online play + the huge catalog PC also has to offer than isn't on xbox.

How you deduce all of that from the bold is simply amazing. Cool story bro.

#49 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

Some time in the future we’re all going to be playing under the cloud anyway...so it’s not like we won’t play these games.

Sony I don’t think can compete with MS’s vast lead on cloud gaming on ANY device.

#50 Posted by Pedro (32072 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

Some time in the future we’re all going to be playing under the cloud anyway...so it’s not like we won’t play these games.

Sony I don’t think can compete with MS’s vast lead on cloud gaming on ANY device.

They can if they are willing to move away from hardware locking of games. :)