blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 12792 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-prime-games-are-coming-to-nintendo-switch-report/1100-6504912/

Anyone else disappointed by this? Remastering such an epic game, like metroid prime on shitty switch hardware. Is it even a remaster at this point going from gamecube to switch? At best, it's a one generation jump. I'm disappointed that this game isn't getting the treatment it deserves with a full remaster on hardware like the xbox series x.

Nintendo should focus on releasing a new metroid prime instead of remastering an older game that will barely show any improvement 20 years later.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 51073 Posts

I look forward to playing it on my PC.

At a discount price.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38536 Posts

I certainly hope so. I have the Wii Collector’s Edition, pretty slick package, but would love to get these games on the Switch with spruced up visuals and what not.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 16900 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Nintendo should focus on releasing a new metroid prime instead of remastering an older game that will barely show any improvement 20 years later.

Yes.

I don’t even know if MP4 is still in the works. MP Trilogy will be nice to have on the Switch (but you know they’re going to sell each individually for $59 because, well…..Nintendo).

I‘ll take it, but c’mon Ninty. Get cha act together. I swear, at the rate they pump out Metroid, I’m seriously going to be a senior citizen by their next one after 4. If NOT 4 at this rate.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 51063 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Is it possible to change the title MP to Metroid Prime as I thought the MP means multiplayer, please?

I really hope we get Metroid Prime Remastered this year so hopefully, this is true. Of course, I'd prefer the whole trilogy, but the first Metroid Prime is my favorite of the three so I'd take it so I can play it on the go😉

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 3540 Posts

Metroid Prime is one of the best games ever made and Switch is the best system ever made. If this rumor turns out to be false i while burn my PS5 in front of gods church.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 20687 Posts

This system is on its last legs. All Nintendo bothers with are lazy remasters of a game you already owned and finished. Sad.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30808 Posts

First you get excited, but then you start thinking. I paid 20 bucks for the trilogy on Wii U. Nintendo will most likely call this one a "remaster" while doing basically nothing to it and slap a 60 dollar pricetag on it.

Yeah, I'll probably just get it for free on PC instead.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mesome713

@Litchie: Nintendo tried to make it cheap so more could buy it. But it flopped. No one bought it. They even put it on sale for $10 and no one bought it. If they are smart they we make it $60 so more people will buy it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Litchie
@mesome713 said:

@Litchie: Nintendo tried to make it cheap so more could buy it. But it flopped. No one bought it. They even put it on sale for $10 and no one bought it. If they are smart they we make it $60 so more people will buy it.

People will magically start buying it if they sell it for an insane price?

All right. Then I hope Nintendo dies.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mesome713

@Litchie: Yea, people equate value with price. If it’s cheap they give it a lower value score. That’s why even though this Metroid Prime Trilogy will not be $10 like the previous release, it will sell x10 copies at $60 cause people will give it a higher value score.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 6256 Posts

I know everyone is sick of remasters this gen but I would pick it up as I never played them on GameCube and Wii. Of course it will have Nintendo tax.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1

@davillain: thats true, updated the title.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 40924 Posts

Got milk? lol :P

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@Litchie: LOL. I will rage if Nintendo releases a straight port. And knowing Nintendo, they won't be charging $60, they'll take the next step and charge $70 for it.

By pc do you mean emulation? Its not like PC can improve the low resolution textures and graphics of emulated switch games. Plus half the charm is playing it on handheld.

I used to be a big sheep as a kid, but nowadays I'm wishing more and more that nintendo just goes 3rd party. Their games are absolutely wasted in their turd hardware. I just don't get why Nintendo doesn't take that route?? I bet they'd make more money overall doing that. Actually I know why. They love taking 30% cuts on 3rd party games. Let's see how much longer they can do that

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 8942 Posts

Why bother remastering on a system that still has GameCube graphics anyway?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@Mozelleple112 said:

Why bother remastering on a system that still has GameCube graphics anyway?

To be frank, this is for those who never play Metroid Prime games on GC and therefore gamers will get the chance to do so on Switch. Sheeps don't care about graphics anyway.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11761 Posts

Remasters are the worst.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371

@SecretPolice: That is so adorable! Dogs are indeed the best.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41902 Posts

I am okay with this. I still have the GC games and Wii version of Corruption and the digital trilogy on Wii U. They ARE making a new one too.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice

@Archangel3371:

Indeed...

lol ;)

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 379 Posts

I would love to see Metroid Other M remastered for Switch.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 17776 Posts

Love Metroid and i wouldn't mind playing Echos again, very underrated game IMO ... but yeah, i would rather have a new game instead of yet another remaster.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@lavamelon said:

I never hated Other M and for what it's worth, I actually like the game despite it getting hated by Nintendo fans. I always feel like Team Ninja did their best with the material they work and hey, I was cool with it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Litchie
@davillain said:
@lavamelon said:

I never hated Other M and for what it's worth, I actually like the game despite it getting hated by Nintendo fans. I always feel like Team Ninja did their best with the material they work and hey, I was cool with it.

Team Ninja did good with the combat gameplay. They should've stayed the hell away from everything else.

Would love to see a new Metroid in the style of Other M though. They shouldn't bother with a deep story, since they suck at that. They should focus more on exlporation and environments. One thing I dislike with Other M (and Dread for that matter) is that everything just looks like the inside of a spaceship. Where's the different areas with different themes and shit? Look at Super Metroid and make Metroid good again, please.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20193 Posts

Metroid Prime came out to the Gamecube on November 18, 2002. It will be over 20 years since it came out

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371

Seems like it would be a great time to release Metroid Prime on the Switch for this November. It being it’s 20th Anniversary and all.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 58831 Posts

I agree with SP? Ack! :D

@SecretPolice said:

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8017 Posts

These "remasters" are nothing more than running the game in an emulator with the internal resolution boosted. Something I've already done with the Metroid Prime games, not to mention mouse-aim when playing on PC.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Heil68 said:

@SecretPolice said:

But you loved Metroid Prime?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blaznwiipspman1

@lamprey263: I haven't played the second or third one, so I'll be getting all games. But I'm just annoyed it's going to cost me $210 plus tax for nintendos straight port milk job. How annoying.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blaznwiipspman1

@FireEmblem_Man: I guess nintendo figured it was time, to milk the sheep for all they got on the 20th anniversary. Minimum effort port job too.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 316 Posts

I have to see what kind of job they do with it. I must admit, as much as I love Nintendo my patience for their BS is at an all times low.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blaznwiipspman1

@eoten: I'm not a fan of emulation. It's just a hassle and alot of times, it's missing features too. But if Nintendo has the ball sack to charge $70 and it ends up being a straight port job, I might just say screw it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lamprey263

@blaznwiipspman1: I think it's finally sinking in with me. They're releasing these one at a time? **yes** OMG that is effing stupid.

Now if it were say a Switch collection then I would be fine with it. But remastering these one at a time, I guess that's the consequence of Nintendo getting previous free passes for splitting up their Pokémon and Fire Emblem games and selling them as separate SKUs.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blaznwiipspman1

@lamprey263: lol, you need to let it sink in more 🤣. They will split it up and charge $70 for each, a dirty port job too, not even a remaster. I might be wrong, nintendo might be generous and sell for $60.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lamprey263

@blaznwiipspman1: what's there to indicate it is $70?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FireEmblem_Man

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: I guess nintendo figured it was time, to milk the sheep for all they got on the 20th anniversary. Minimum effort port job too.

You're a bad troll, I know you well enough that you're a Nintendo Fan in disguise. You're excited for the rumored release

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@FireEmblem_Man: ive been on this site since 2002 or so. I was just a kid then, barely a teen. Back then i was a pretty big sheep, but with every thing in life people change over time. My tastes shifted more towards the xbox but I've always been a nintendo fan.

I am excited for the release, but if it's not improved in any way, I'll be upset. Actually I have metroid prime on my Xbox through emulation. It runs great but I want a proper remaster.

Besides that, you've also changed over the years haha

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blaznwiipspman1

@lamprey263: no proof, but its nintendo.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Litchie
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@Litchie: LOL. I will rage if Nintendo releases a straight port. And knowing Nintendo, they won't be charging $60, they'll take the next step and charge $70 for it.

Nah. 60 bucks is what they take for new Switch games, and probably what they're gonna take for this old game that they're going to call "remaster" or something to justify the price. Nintendo all of a sudden taking 70 bucks for Switch games? And the first time they do, it will be with an old game? Nah.

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

By pc do you mean emulation? Its not like PC can improve the low resolution textures and graphics of emulated switch games. Plus half the charm is playing it on handheld.

Yup. The Prime games run great through emulation, and you can make them look great. There's even mouse support. If buying MP1, MP2 and MP3 for a total of 180 bucks (given they don't do a trilogy and sell them individually) is worth it to you to get them on a handheld, go man. I think it would be insane to pay that kind of money for really old games.

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@Litchie:

I used to be a big sheep as a kid, but nowadays I'm wishing more and more that nintendo just goes 3rd party. Their games are absolutely wasted in their turd hardware. I just don't get why Nintendo doesn't take that route?? I bet they'd make more money overall doing that. Actually I know why. They love taking 30% cuts on 3rd party games. Let's see how much longer they can do that

Yeah, was a huge fan of Nintendo myself. They've been extremely dissapointing this gen, and I'm frankly way less of a fan as a result. I've never been bothered by buying Nintendo hardware in the past, since Nintendo has always had a heap of great games to play for it. But with Switch? They ignore most of their IPs. They release really old games again, for full price this time. They want us to pay for their online that barely works. They don't give any form of bonus to those who wasted their money on Wii U and its games. And they just generally make way less games than before. Probably because they know they can sit back and relax while re-releasing old games and let 3rd party do the rest.

Nintendo is really fucking bad right now compared to what they were. And they earn more money than ever, so expect Nintendo to go even more downhill from here.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice

@Heil68 said:

@SecretPolice said:

Careful my friend. That kind of thing will get you kicked outta the bovine brigade, or worse..

Keep your head on a swivel. lolol :P

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Yes!!! Inject it straight into my veins!!!!!

Metroid Prime is absolutely amazing and still holds up. I'll take any opportunity to buy it again to play through it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 39744 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Repeat: Might as well ask Nintendo to do this.

Loading Video...

They won't. Audiences of other consoles have rejected Nintendo like the plague. Hell, PC gamers f***ing boast about pirating their content. Would rather Nintendo wipe their slate clean (as in no more Mario, no more Metroid, no more Zelda, etc).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:

Loading Video...

They won't. Audiences of other consoles have rejected Nintendo like the plague. Hell, PC gamers f***ing boast about pirating their content. Would rather Nintendo wipe their slate clean (as in no more Mario, no more Metroid, no more Zelda, etc).

You sheep always repeat this. Why won't they be rejecting them when its missing all/most of the third party support? How can you purchase a Nintendo system, and don't have access to Warzone? A casual dudebro will never even look at what's on offer from Nintendo when that game is not on the system.

Release a system with power that's on par with the other two. Completely ALT+Del your online infrastructure and create a new one that doesn't look like it was stolen from 2004. Do everything in your power to get every single third party title on your system on day one. THEN, if this is done, and people are still not buying it, you will be able to complain about people not buying. But it simply won't happen. If the system offers everything, PLUS has all its exclusives, what's the negative about buying one as your primary system of choice? Literally no negatives. Instead, Nintendo is nothing else but a side bitch. A secondary system that nobody takes seriously. Unless you're a casual that spends 2 hours a week playing a cute little video game that they heard about on twitter, xbox, ps or pc is ALWAYS your primary because Nintendo doesn't allow you to have their system as your system of choice.

Its as if some of you sheep forgot what the nes and snes were🤡Imagine a Nintendo console that was already released ages ago, that was good enough as a primary. Imagine that. WOW!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendoboy16

@hardwenzen said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Loading Video...

You sheep always repeat this.

And you're evidence of it.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1

@Miyomatic said:

Yes!!! Inject it straight into my veins!!!!!

Metroid Prime is absolutely amazing and still holds up. I'll take any opportunity to buy it again to play through it.

cheezus, weren't you the same one who said you'd buy tlou remastered PATCH version 4 at full price, $70, and said that it would be GOTY for 2022?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Loading Video...

You sheep always repeat this.

Evidence of what? Of course i reject it when the system is so far behind it has trouble rendering 3d visuals.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nintendoboy16

@hardwenzen said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Evidence of what?

That PS fans like you don't give two bucktooth f***s about Nintendo's content, even putting aside the hardware?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Evidence of what?

That PS fans like you don't give two bucktooth f***s about Nintendo's content, even putting aside the hardware?

This couldn't be more false. I have nothing against Nintendo (imagine that. i know, its hard to believe). But i have a mountain of things against THE CURRENT NINTENDO. The one we have since the Wii days. And even when looking at their two systems released prior to the Wii, they were already suffering from not having any third party support. And who's fault is that? Theirs. Micro discs and cartriges were a dumb af idea.