Rumor: Is Nintendo planning more HD remakes for the Wii U?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OctavianZarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OctavianZarda
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

Source: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-nintendo-reumagined-super-mario-64-and-other-titles-for-wii-u

Basically, the rumor states that in order to fill in the expected gaps between 1st party releases Nintendo plans on releasing 7 classic games as what they are calling "ReUmagined" titles. The rumor also has some details on one of the supposed titles, Super Mario 64. As for the other 6 titles, they are listed in a "hidden" fashion. Personally I think the rumor's false but I wondered what System Wars thinks of it? Also, is this a good thing for Nintendo to be doing if true?

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

I have no problem with HD remakes, especially for older classic titles like Super Mario 64. They normally require tiny teams so it's not like they're made instead of new games.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Please be true my picks would be

Super Mario 64

Donkey Kong 64

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2

Zelda SS & TP

Xenoblade

Super Mario Sunshine

OctavianZarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OctavianZarda

@barrybarryk said:

I have no problem with HD remakes, especially for older classic titles like Super Mario 64. They normally require tiny teams so it's not like they're made instead of new games.

Yeah, that very thing is mentioned in the article.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

This would be amazing IF they don't release them at $60 and expect us to pay that for a remake.

$20-30 max and it will be great

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'd actually be keen for N64 remakes. Anything later than that doesn't really need it. N64 games have typically aged quite badly (probably because they were the first steps into 3D).

So yes, Mario 64 among others would be awesome. Rare games would be awesome too (I can dream).

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

I would love an HD No Mercy/WM 2000 remake. Somebody make it happen.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The ONLY HD Remakes/Reimaginings that I would like (but not pay more than $35 for) are:

Super Metroid

Stunt race FX

Uniracers

Super Mario Kart SNES

Zelda Twilight Princess (This game could actually benefit from motion+ controls)

Zangeki No Reginleiv (The concept of this game is great but the execution of this game needs to be reworked, tougher AI, tougher defense on the enemies so you can't just hack and slash the giants, Motion+ removes the need for the on screen pointer - only way the pointer should show up is if you are ADS with a ranged weapon, coop storymode could be fun as well as 8-16 player online modes)

Earth Seeker (This is the only Non Nintendo HD Remake I would love to see since it didn't release worldwide)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41528 Posts

Super Mario 64 HD? I doubt they'll do it considering there's already SM64 DS (which can be played on a 3DS and has more characters than the original).

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Or they could release them on the virtual console and hire more 3rd party devs to make new games. Who cares anymore. **** Nintendo.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

6 months of work + $50 price point with solild sales They'd be foolish not to take advantage of the barren wasteleand that is wii-u's library. One might even say their push against 3rd parties was leading up to this very point. People are desperate for games on Wii-U, so lets just shit out a bunch of HD ports that require minimal investment on our end and price gouge our loyal fans.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#12 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'd gladly buy them.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

lets rehash every game on gc/wii that scored over 8.5 lol wiiu.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

If Nintendo's doing this I will lose more faith in them than I already have, and that's a lot. Goddamn. How about putting that effort into new games? And you know that if this is done, they'll charge full price. I wouldn't mind a few games updated (Super Metroid I'm more than fine with), but I really hope they get off their lazy asses and work on new games.

If this is true, I really despise the Nintendo of today.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

They should do remakes for Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, and Conkers Bad Fur Day. I might actually buy a Wii U (gasp) if they did that.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I want Mario Sunshine. The only 3D Mario I've never played.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Super Mario 64 with redone visuals and a good camera would be amazing.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

@timbers_WSU: lol why do you sound so angry

OctavianZarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OctavianZarda

@Netret0120 said:

This would be amazing IF they don't release them at $60 and expect us to pay that for a remake.

$20-30 max and it will be great

According to the article these remakes would be released on the eShop for $30, which sounds like a good deal IMO.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@kingjazziephiz said:

Because Nintendo is shit now. And the dumbass Nintendo fan base lets them get away with it. Mad? Not mad at all. I just feel like Nintendo fans are by far the dumbest of the fanboys. I almost feel sorry for them. And it irritates me they are as dumb as they are.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

I'm not surprised. Dark Times. Nintendo knows what's to come as they've already had a huge drought right after launch.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I want Mario Sunshine. The only 3D Mario I've never played.

It's unfortunate that the only 3D Mario you've played is hands down the worst one... Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2, and Mario 3D Land are all higher caliber.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16

@timbers_WSU said:

@kingjazziephiz said:

Because Nintendo is shit now. And the dumbass Nintendo fan base lets them get away with it. Mad? Not mad at all. I just feel like Nintendo fans are by far the dumbest of the fanboys. I almost feel sorry for them. And it irritates me they are as dumb as they are.

Yes, Nintendo fans are so dumb that they pay cash for what they enjoy. How dare they! :roll:

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

HD Xenoblade would make me very, very happy.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Mario 64 and sunshine

Banjo kazooie and tooie

Super Metroid

Metroid prime

Goldeneye

Donkey Kong 64

Diddy Kong racing

Majora's mask

A link to the past

F-zero

Luigi's mansion

All of those potentially on the wii u in hd.. yeah That could work..

Though the snes games would take a lot more work for it to be worthwhile, a full remake for super Metroid and a link to the past would look godly.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Sure........thats what Wii U needs more games that are not relevant to present day gaming.....

Those 7 project could have been 3 legit NEW games. In my eyes, as good as Loz: WW HD was, it does not improve the sparse library of the Wii U and nor will these remakes. Remakes should not be a solution to a problem. Remakes should be supplementary to an already healthy line up of games like a new 3d DK, Metroid, Zelda, and how about a new series, and how about some relevant 2nd and 3rd party games.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sword-Demon

@thedude-: true that it doesn't solve the problem with the wii u's lineup, but porting and upscaling 7 games is nowhere near the amount of work put into even a single new game.

These aren't meant to take the place of new games, but to fill in the gap until those new games get here.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

@thedude-: true that it doesn't solve the problem with the wii u's lineup, but porting and upscaling 7 games is nowhere near the amount of work put into even a single new game.

These aren't meant to take the place of new games, but to fill in the gap until those new games get here.

Nintendo, like any company, has a finite budget. This budget is obviously pretty low by the looks of how little Nintendo has released for the Wii U so far. So taking up that budget with games that are not relevant and not going to help the long term growth of the platform is just plain stupid even if these remakes are individual success. I would rather have one new game from a franchise they haven't dug into in awhile than 7 remakes from series that they already make new multiple iterations of each generation like Zelda, Mario, DK.

Them making these remakes is just a sign that they want to continue the same mentality of limited scope, that they have no plans to change.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

And here's Shigeru Miyamoto's recent comments on putting older Mario games in HD:

"As for remaking previous games in HD, that's certainly possible, but currently most of our devs are working on new stuff, and we like to have them working on new stuff. HD remakes might, however, be a good project for a development partner of ours, so that's something I hope we have the opportunity to introduce in the future.

But the main thing that's always going to be on our minds are, "What new elements of gameplay can we use with the GamePad as applied to some of these older games?" We want to find some way to bring a new experience to this than simply update the visuals and leave it at that."

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#31 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@david61983: you're more likely to see those on the Xbox One, maybe except for Goldeneye.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts

Yes, because they can't figure out how to develop HD games proper. Sad state of affairs.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sword-Demon

@thedude- said:

@Sword-Demon said:

Nintendo, like any company, has a finite budget. This budget is obviously pretty low by the looks of how little Nintendo has released for the Wii U so far. So taking up that budget with games that are not relevant and not going to help the long term growth of the platform is just plain stupid even if these remakes are individual success. I would rather have one new game from a franchise they haven't dug into in awhile than 7 remakes from series that they already make new multiple iterations of each generation like Zelda, Mario, DK.

Them making these remakes is just a sign that they want to continue the same mentality of limited scope, that they have no plans to change.

New games take years to make. Nintendo has already stated that they have several projects in development. But we won't see those until late 2014-15.

Meanwhile, wii u owners and people considering buying one are waiting for a decent library. These ports are meant to satisfy those people until the games they are developing are released.

This isn't about Nintendo's budget or resources. It's about them ****ing up the launch and having to put something out until they can fix their mistake.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

If they make a Super Mario Sunshine remake, I'd seriously consider buying a Wii U.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

If it's solely N64 titles and if this is true, then I think these 3 should be remade.

1. Majora's Mask.
  2. Donkey Kong 64.
  3. Pokemon Snap.

1. It's really no surprise. After Ocarina of Time 3D everyone has been wanting to play the Direct Sequel remastered in the same way.

2. This game had issues from the get go. The Expansion pack was needed because of Unforeseen bugs within the Game's code that would show up on a N64 without the Expansion pack, but would disappear when an Expansion pack was inserted. It's probably one of the biggest reasons why the game never appeared on the Virtual Console. Even Majora's Mask on the Gamecube had trouble at first, but Nintendo pulled around and made the game work for Wii, but for some reason couldn't do the same for Donkey Kong 64. Nintendo probably thought the best way to Rerelease this title is to actually re-do the whole thing.

3. Thanks to a lot of new Technological Enhancements over the years it's actually surprising that this game has seen no sequels or enhanced reboots.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Although I'm sure I'll just see Star Fox 64 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D ported over to WiiU.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAND Super Mario 64 DS.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Why not? If it's games I have yet to play, or really enjoy... I have no issues.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

-Twilight Princess HD

-Metroid Prime 1-3 HD

-Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 HD

-F-Zero GX HD

Nintendo pls

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts

New console with a bigger focus on older games than new? Complete fail. The HD remakes should be icing on the cake to a great current game library.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#39  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

If they would create a remake for DK64, that would be awesome. I would support that.

However, is that possible for them to do? You know, what with the RareWare legality stuff.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i will buy a Wii U that same day i hear this "Mario 64 HD" rumor to be true.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#42  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

An HD Xenoblade would be nice. The graphics are honestly the main reason I haven't played it for more than two hours since I bought it. It's just such an eyesore that looks like it came straight from the Dreamcast era.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

That's a terrible idea.

Just give us new games.

ManInFlames-77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 ManInFlames-77
Member since 2013 • 300 Posts

lol ReUmagined. Just give up with the idiotic "U" stuff, nintendo

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

@darkhadou said:

New console with a bigger focus on older games than new? Complete fail. The HD remakes should be icing on the cake to a great current game library.

Where did they say their focus is on making remakes? Stop spewing crap out of your mouth.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
@timbers_WSU said:

@kingjazziephiz said:

You are aware you have a ryse avatar? You're not in a position to feel sorry for anyone.

Anyway, Nintendo just stop it. No more remakes.. lf lts more like albw then go for it. Sequels are fine. But we seriously need new games.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

more like

r

e

Unimaginative

hue hue

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Came here expecting retards to say the word "rehash"... Left satisfied

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Mario 64 would probably be more fit for the 3DS.

They should make Majora's Mask for the 3DS, then port a Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask Wii U collection.

They should re-release the Prime Trilogy + Other M on the Wii U.

They definitely need to remake Tetrisphere for the Wii U and 3DS, it's like the best Tetris variant ever made.

They should port the original Luigi's Mansion to the 3DS then port a Luigi's Mansion & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon collection to Wii U.

They need to get Atlus to make more SMT games for 3DS, porting older titles to the 3DS with enhancements and full voice.

That's all I can hope for so far.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

There are definitely N64 games that would look awesome in HD. I, for one, don't think The Wind Waker was a good choice for a Zelda HD remake-- I think Ocarina of Time would have been a lot cooler.