Rumor: Four Wii U games launching on NX. What do you want?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Another day, another NX rumor. Someone saying four Wii U games will launch as NX titles.

To give this a different spin than every other Charizard thread drooling over unconfirmed garbage, let's discuss this instead. Say this is happening, and four Wii U titles are coming to NX. Nobody with pride has a Wii U, and hasn't played any of these titles. What four do you want to see?

I say Bayonetta 2 deserves an audience, a GOTY Smash 4 only makes sense, Mario Maker needs a second screen solution, but if NX has something then perfect, and I guess some people like Splatoon.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I want give Nintendo middle finger because they delayed Zelda so it could be launch title for NX same time as WiiU release...that is what i want to do

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Seems crappy to me for a luanch that is.

BigGamerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 BigGamerDude
Member since 2015 • 2073 Posts

Bayonetta 1+2. Smash 4 with DLC. Star Fox Zero. Xenoblade X because it hasn't got much sales, and deserves recognition.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Old news.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

What they need to do is the NX needs to be BC, they need have all the Wii U digital games be available on NX, and they need to offer way for Wii U GamePad to pair up with NX, and or for NX players to acquire a GamePad for Wii U BC for games that need it. It'd help if Nintendo can figure out a way to update many of their games for off-GamePad play, some already do. People jumping on board the NX should be able to experience what the Wii U offered if they never had one.

Anyhow, LoZ obviously gonna be a launch killer app title for the NX.

But, they'll probably bring over the best of what Wii U offered, Splatoon, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, they should also try to bring us Bayonetta 2, know it was a big seller but it was an utterly awesome game regardless. Just stack the deck with Wii U games though should really give it a nice launch library for anybody who didn't have a Wii U. They could also add Pikmin 4, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero... the best of it, just make it available on the digital store, at a nominal price.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Doesn't mean these will be all the NX titles at launch. Just four titles that should be given another opportunity to succeed on a platform that will hopefully have a wider audience.

My money is on it being the following:

• Mario Kart
  • Mario Maker
  • Smash
  • Splatoon

These make sense to me because they could potentially launch with all the DLC and be billed as definitive editions. All of these games were 8 or higherwhen reviewed and their definitive editions would only serve to supplement the launch library.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Smash seems like an obvious one.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

This is a hard one to answer because we don't know if Zelda counts as one of the four.

For my answer I'm going to assume Zelda isn't one of those games. I'm also going to give two lists, the one that I think they should do, and the one I think Nintendo is more likely to do.

My List:

1. Super Smash Bros
  2. Pokken Tournament
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  4. Mario Maker

Nintendo's List:

1. Splatoon
  2. Super Smash Bros
  3. Mario Maker
  4. Mario Kart 8

Whatever the four games are, I hope Nintendo doesn't try charging full price for them, between $30-40 should be the max for these ports. Especially if Nintendo are expecting Wii U owners to re-buy them for NX.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

These games must be played by all:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze should be there simply for being a masterclass game in every aspect imaginable.

Pikmin 3 with all its genius DLC stages

Smash Bros should come out as a complete package as well.

Bayonetta 2

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Splatoon, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Unite the online and call it a day. I forgot Mario Maker, guess they would most likely want that one.

Or the Zeldas maybe, makes sense, bring the Zelda HDs over.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

An "ultimate edition" of Smash 4 that has all 3DS content, Wii U content, and all DLC in one package would be a good idea, and maybe even add some new stuff too on top of that.

They could do that with other games like Mario kart 8 and Splatoon I suppose, but eh, I'd really only care to see that with Smash. I'd rather see a Mario Kartt 9 or Splatoon 2 on the NX.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

I hope Nintendo knows what it is doing. A lot of these rumors are hot garbage.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@Heil68 said:

That's only true if these are instead of new games. If NX gets four Wii U ports, the new Zelda and one or two of the rumored games like 3D Mario, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, Pikmin 4, all topped off with 3rd party support. That's a solid launch, especially for people who didn't jump on the Wii U.

It's also, in terms of 1st party, Sony's support for the PS4 entire life so far, but on day one. One or two new games, and a ton of PS2/3 ports.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Nobody said that these would be Nintendo's only launch titles or even that they would all be launch titles (they most likely won't be).

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Techhog89

Everyone should keep in mind that Zelda U is one of the titles and Smash is heavily rumored, so there are only really two free slots.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

It's going to be the same old rehashed drivel: <Nintendo franchise +1>

I would love to see some adult oriented games like Bloodborne+Castlevania or a Red Dead Redemption type game.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Why not have a link?

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/11/rumour-nintendo-nx-games-set-to-include-wii-u-ports/

Loading Video...

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Could Nintendo give me free copies of those WiiU remasters/ complete editions/ ports on NX then so that the giant middle finger they're giving me doesn't sting as much?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Why in God's name would anybody buy a NX when we all saw what happened with the wii u ???

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Another day, another NX rumor. Someone saying four Wii U games will launch as NX titles.

To give this a different spin than every other Charizard thread drooling over unconfirmed garbage, let's discuss this instead. Say this is happening, and four Wii U titles are coming to NX. Nobody with pride has a Wii U, and hasn't played any of these titles. What four do you want to see?

I say Bayonetta 2 deserves an audience, a GOTY Smash 4 only makes sense, Mario Maker needs a second screen solution, but if NX has something then perfect, and I guess some people like Splatoon.

The only way Bayo 2 would have "an audience" is if Nintendo was not involved at all (no matter how popular the NX ends up over Wii U). I remember the reveal all too well, Nintendo was given less this:

Loading Video...

And more this:

Loading Video...

(Also Why I think the idea of Nintendo publishing Beyond Good and Evil is a bad idea, but as Patrick Stump would sing, I digress)

And the sales since launch backed it the **** up.

That crowd would have been happier if Activision/EA/Ubisoft/Konami were the publisher of Bayonetta 2, no matter what schemes they'd have added to it (though not like they wanted to, given how especially the former three are).

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts
@spike6958 said:
@Heil68 said:

If NX gets four Wii U ports, the new Zelda and one or two of the rumored games like 3D Mario, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, Pikmin 4, all topped off with 3rd party support. That's a solid launch, especially for people who didn't jump on the Wii U.

It's also, in terms of 1st party, Sony's support for the PS4 entire life so far, but on day one. One or two new games, and a ton of PS2/3 ports.

If NX launched with:

• Zelda
  • 3D Mario
  • Pikmin 4
  • Full 3rd party support (All sports games, CoD, Mass Effect, FFXV, Destiny 2 any other 3rd party titles)
  • Smash Definitive
  • Splatoon Definitive
  • Mario Kart 8 Definitive
  • Mario Maker Definitive

It wouldn't just be a solid launch, it would probably be the best launch of any system ever. Zelda and Mario alone assure, at least in my opinion, 2 must buy titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Just Zelda and Mario Kart plus all the dlc, maybe another 8 courses thrown in. That game would benefit a lot from 1080p + 16x AF and it'd be nice to have all the patches on a disc

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

The NX is going to be BC with Wii U, Wii and GameCube plus every Nintendo game from all it home console and handhelds will be available to play online with a monthly subscription or to buy

The console controller has a screen and it is like the Wii U pad only smaller about the size of a Vita

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@spike6958 said:
@Heil68 said:

If NX gets four Wii U ports, the new Zelda and one or two of the rumored games like 3D Mario, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, Pikmin 4, all topped off with 3rd party support. That's a solid launch, especially for people who didn't jump on the Wii U.

If NX launched with:

• Zelda
  • 3D Mario
  • Pikmin 4
  • Full 3rd party support (All sports games, CoD, Mass Effect, FFXV, Destiny 2 any other 3rd party titles)
  • Smash Definitive
  • Splatoon Definitive
  • Mario Kart 8 Definitive
  • Mario Maker Definitive

It wouldn't just be a solid launch, it would probably be the best launch of any system ever. Zelda and Mario alone assure, at least in my opinion, 2 must buy titles.

It would be an awful launch for wii u owners... And also I am doubtful it would happen

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@shibua said:

The NX is going to be BC with Wii U, Wii and GameCube plus every Nintendo game from all it home console and handhelds will be available to play online with a monthly subscription or to buy

The console controller has a screen and it is like the Wii U pad only smaller about the size of a Vita

If it even has a disc drive at all...

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

We already know it's gonna be zelda

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

The 4 games will probably be;

1. Who cares

2. Idgaf

3. bleh

4. meh

But seriously, if NX launched with a successor to DKR, I'd buy it day one..

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Realistically, if I had to guess 4-Games I'd go with:

The Legend of Zelda

Pikmin 4 (if it really is coming out)

Pokken Tournament

Super Smash Bros.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Bayonetta 1+2, The Wonderful 101, Splatoon, and Super Mario Maker.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Backwards compatibility or bust.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Techhog89

@foxhound_fox said:

Full backwards compatibility means that they'd need to use the now 17-year-old CPU cores in Wii U yet again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@techhog89 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Full backwards compatibility means that they'd need to use the now 17-year-old CPU cores in Wii U yet again.

You know how the 20/60gb ps3's were BC right?

Just chuck the whole chip in there alongside the new cpu. Incorporate the Wii U gpu (which had the Wii gpu in it) into the new gpu, problem solved.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Techhog89

@Chozofication said:
@techhog89 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Just chuck the whole chip in there alongside the new cpu. Incorporate the Wii U gpu (which had the Wii gpu in it) into the new gpu, problem solved.

That would increase the cost and size of the console significantly for no real benefit. There's a reason Sony removed that after a few months.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foxhound_fox

@techhog89 said:

And that's a problem... why? Too many console manufacturers these days forget the importance of BC.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#36  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Does pokken count?

I would go with pokken, smash, splatoon, and star fox zero

90% sure they'd put super Mario maker in that list of they had one

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Techhog89

@foxhound_fox said:
@techhog89 said:

And that's a problem... why? Too many console manufacturers these days forget the importance of BC.

Well, do you want NX to or any future Nintendo console to at least match PS4? Because you can't do that without a newer CPU. Wii U's CPU is one of its biggest bottlenecks (the other being memory bandwidth), so using it again would mean that the console would be limited to being around as powerful as Wii U is. It's not worth it at all, especially considering how badly Wii U sold.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@techhog89 said:
@Chozofication said:
@techhog89 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

That would increase the cost and size of the console significantly for no real benefit. There's a reason Sony removed that after a few months.

Sony removed it because they were bleeding $200+ from every unit sold, with or without the ps2 chips. They needed every penny.

Size? The Wii U cpu is very tiny and that's at 45nm, both the gpu and cpu would be incredibly small if they were put in NX. The cpu wouldn't even need a heatsink.

It might be the most beneficial inclusion of bc yet for Nintendo, since many want Wii U games but don't want to buy a dying console. 3 consoles in one would be amazing. Sad that people have given up on BC, it should be standard.

I t's a long shot but it could be done if they wanted.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox

@techhog89 said:

Well, do you want NX to or any future Nintendo console to at least match PS4? Because you can't do that without a newer CPU. Wii U's CPU is one of its biggest bottlenecks (the other being memory bandwidth), so using it again would mean that the console would be limited to being around as powerful as Wii U is. It's not worth it at all, especially considering how badly Wii U sold.

You know nothing about BC.

The Wii U contains the Wii's hardware, which allows it to play Wii games natively. Only the Wii was built on the same architecture as the Gamecube allowing it to play GC games natively without the need for the original hardware.

They would only have to include the Wii U and Wii hardware in the next console to make the entire Wii U, Wii and GC libraries available for native play (i.e. non-emulation). And the rest they just need to make available for digital download.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By foxhound_fox

@techhog89 said:

Because they were trying to make the $900 console make money at a $600 price tag.

If it weren't so bloated with expensive hardware like the Cell, they would clearly have left the BC in.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Techhog89

@Chozofication said:
@techhog89 said:
@Chozofication said:
@techhog89 said:

Sony removed it because they were bleeding $200+ from every unit sold, with or without the ps2 chips. They needed every penny.

Size? The Wii U cpu is very tiny and that's at 45nm, both the gpu and cpu would be incredibly small if they were put in NX. The cpu wouldn't even need a heatsink.

It might be the most beneficial inclusion of bc yet for Nintendo, since many want Wii U games but don't want to buy a dying console. 3 consoles in one would be amazing. Sad that people have given up on BC, it should be standard.

I t's a long shot but it could be done if they wanted.

It would still add around $50 to the price, or possibly even more from needing to change the design to work on 28nm. It's a waste of time and money. If Wii U having BC with Wii didn't help it at all, what makes you think that NX having Wii U BC would help? They'd make more money from adding GameCube and Wii to VC, or from more HD remasters.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Bayonetta 1+2, The Wonderful 101, Splatoon, and Super Mario Maker.

I didn't buy a WiiU but those four games and Xenoblade Chronicles are the only ones I have wanted to play and I'm not sure if I care about Splatoon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@techhog89:Where'd you get $50 from? I don't know either, but I imagine it couldn't be very much considering the size of them. After the node transition they might be dirt cheap

Like I said there are people that want Wii U games but not the console, everyone already had a Wii though.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Techhog89

@foxhound_fox said:
@techhog89 said:

You know nothing about BC.

The Wii U contains the Wii's hardware, which allows it to play Wii games natively. Only the Wii was built on the same architecture as the Gamecube allowing it to play GC games natively without the need for the original hardware.

They would only have to include the Wii U and Wii hardware in the next console to make the entire Wii U, Wii and GC libraries available for native play (i.e. non-emulation). And the rest they just need to make available for digital download.

I know everything about BC, but it seems that you don't. Wii U BC worked due to using what is basically an overclocked, tri-core version of the Wii/GC CPU and having some fixed-function hardware from Wii built into the GPU. It's not using any separate chips containing Wii hardware like PS3 did with PS2. I thought that everyone knew this. :/

@foxhound_fox said:
@techhog89 said:

Because they were trying to make the $900 console make money at a $600 price tag.

If it weren't so bloated with expensive hardware like the Cell, they would clearly have left the BC in.

Perhaps, but the point is that it did add to the cost. This means that Nintendo would only bother doing this if they felt that it would significantly increase revenue to offset the additional costs. So far, not a single console has really benefited from BC. Meanwhile, Sony and Microsoft are raking in cash from the "remasters" they've been pumping out this generation. It seems pretty clear which route will be the more profitable one for them.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I skipped Wii-U so I would pick:

Zelda (new one)

Zelda TP HD

New Super Mario Bros 2

Star Fox

... I can't think of a fifth I would want. Hence why I skipped Wii-U.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Techhog89

@Chozofication said:

@techhog89:Where'd you get $50 from? I don't know either, but I imagine it couldn't be very much considering the size of them. After the node transition they might be dirt cheap

Like I said there are people that want Wii U games but not the console, everyone already had a Wii though.

I'm going to take that part back simply because I can't find the list that I was extrapolating from, but I can assure you that it costs more than the $10-15 you probably think. It would also require Nintendo to depend on two different fabrication facilities for the console, meaning that they'd be in trouble if one of them lags behind. That's a huge risk for a feature that has never had any sort of real effect on any home console's sales. This is on top of adding to the design costs (contrary to what you believe, it would still require a heat sink at 28nm) and having to pay extra licensing fees. The icing on the cake to all of this is that it means they'd need to have a controller with a screen as a standard as well as using Wii U's technology for working with the controller (and don't say that they can make it optional, since it makes no sense to add that hardware if people need to buy a $100 peripheral just to use it). All of this means that the console would need to be $400-450 just to match PS4 while breaking even or making a small profit. That is, frankly, a stupid idea. If you want to play Wii U games that badly, go buy a a Wii U or just be happy with the ports/remasters that NX gets.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash Bros, and Pokken Tournament.

These to me are the For sure NX launch titles with Pokken Tournament actually being the one game that was made with the NX in mind.

EDIT: forgot about Zelda WiiU, so I guess if not Pokken it''ll be Zelda U. Man Nintendo is killing everyone with the E3 wait.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Techhog89

@darkspineslayer: You need to add to the OP that one of the games is Zelda U (as stated in the tweet that this comes from) and another is most likely Smash 4 (which was rumored months ago).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@techhog89: I don't need to do anything. This is a discussion of desire, not rumoured "fact", which is already a shaky thing to stand on.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Techhog89

@darkspineslayer: Then close or change the name the thread because the same rumor that this thread is referring to says that Zelda is one of the four games (on top of the fact that there have been a ton of different sources saying the exact same damn thing, including at least one confirmed to have had a source in Nintendo's marketing department). You seem to have an extreme dislike of rumors, so why even bother posting this? Just so someone else won't?