mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50241 Posts

Best of luck to the Xbox hardware in running this well.

@Telekill said:

I just don't see the interest in this one. Graphics are incredible... but what's the point? Are there objectives?

Disclaimer: I haven't played Flight Sim since the Windows 3.1 days.

The point is there is no point. Sandbox games can be very therapeutic. They might not be for everyone, which is fine.

Sometimes it's just nice to turn on some music or a podcast and fly from point A to point B.

I've really enjoyed flying my STOL bushplanes through Iceland and parts of Alaska, and also the Fjords of Norway. And literally anywhere in the world.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4299 Posts

I'm curious how they will make the game playable on a controller. There's a lot of buttons to press in the cockpit of a 747. It's a lot easier to replicate that on a keyboard then on an XBOX controller.

Also, for those that think this is boring, this is a simulation game. It's obviously a niche title for people who are interested in aviation. Not everything has to be a mass market, appeal-to-as-many-people-as-possible kind of game. Many years ago I worked on a private pilot's license and this game at least allows me to scratch that itch nowadays.

If it plays well and runs well, that may be the factor to get me to give in and buy an XSX.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1388 Posts

@espoac said:

I'm curious how they will make the game playable on a controller. There's a lot of buttons to press in the cockpit of a 747. It's a lot easier to replicate that on a keyboard then on an XBOX controller.

Also, for those that think this is boring, this is a simulation game. It's obviously a niche title for people who are interested in aviation. Not everything has to be a mass market, appeal-to-as-many-people-as-possible kind of game. Many years ago I worked on a private pilot's license and this game at least allows me to scratch that itch nowadays.

If it plays well and runs well, that may be the factor to get me to give in and buy an XSX.

Was thinking the same. Maybe they'll announce the return of the Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Telekill  Online
Member since 2003 • 10895 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Man that game looks incredible.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#55 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13875 Posts

I am still waiting for the DX12 update before trying it. Hopefully the console release is signalling that is almost ready to go.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 31926 Posts
@girlusocrazy said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

How does it not get boring after 10 minutes?

Maybe they will add a story mode?

Yea, one of the missions would be to try to deliver PS5s to everyone.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Ghost_of_Phobos  Online
Member since 2020 • 2211 Posts

@espoac: I played it on PC using an Xbox controller for 99% of the time.

Most of the stuff can be done through the controller and you can look directly at the in-game hardware and control devices that way and I'm willing to bet it will support keyboard along with a variety of hardware controllers.

Hardcore flight sim enthusiasts should stick with PC anyway. But the game can absolutely be enjoyed just using the standard controller for casuals (like me).

@goldenelementxl: There's no Xbox One version as far as I know it was dropped last year's.

Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ghost_of_Phobos  Online

@mrbojangles25: I have a 3700xt , 1660ti, 16Gb RAM and an average SSD and I'm happy on how it looked and played. Had to make sacrifices, like locking it to 30fps and lowering settings because 60 was just not feasible.

The Series X should be fine but I'm sure the game will be easy target for console warriors because I'm sure in certain sections, with the "right" weather, location and time if day, it will be easy to drop performance because even powerful PCs can struggle.

Played it for tens of hours and only stopped because I knew I would return to it once it came to console.still gorgeous on my modest PC.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By espoac
Member since 2005 • 4299 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: Thanks for the clarification!

Also I hope that this game gets DLC support in the form of new plans following launch. One of the best aspects of the PC game was the new planes from modders and the developers.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Telekill  Online
Member since 2003 • 10895 Posts

@sleepnsurf: Actually, I got to fly a Cessna IRL. It was a blast. Oh, and I haven't relied on my parents since I started 11th grade back in 1998. Good try though.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1178 Posts

This game destroys even the most high end PCs. Good luck on the console version!

In all seriousness, they can just tone down the visual output to make it run 60fps.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#63 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@mazuiface said:

This game destroys even the most high end PCs. Good luck on the console version!

In all seriousness, they can just tone down the visual output to make it run 60fps.

Or they can finally implement Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and VRS to get the desired performance with the least amount of compromise but that maybe asking too much.

Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ghost_of_Phobos  Online

It's a waste to target 60 for this game, unless they made a fantastic job optimising it. This is a very slow paced game, no need for fast reaction times or fast camera movement. Best have it looking amazing at a stable frame rate. But sure, throw a performance mode there too that will be allover the place.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1178 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

Or they can finally implement Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and VRS to get the desired performance with the least amount of compromise but that maybe asking too much.

That's right. I can't forget exactly *why* it destroys PCs. With some updates, it should run fine on both console and PC to be honest. That's not to say a slight visual downgrade from the PC version won't be necessary.

theAM0G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 theAM0G
Member since 2021 • 410 Posts

@espoac: 'I'm curious how they will make the game playable on a controller'

The PC version can already be played with a controller

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 7487 Posts

How in the hell do people get hyped up over a flight sim? I mean, to each their own, but wake me up when something more exciting comes along like Grass Growing Simulator or Watching Paint Peel Off Barns Simulator. I need something a little more exciting.. lol

I'm happy for those that are excited, but I can't see myself caring for more than an hour or so. I know some people sink thousands of hours into sims like this, but it's not for me.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1388 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

How in the hell do people get hyped up over a flight sim? I mean, to each their own, but wake me up when something more exciting comes along like Grass Growing Simulator or Watching Paint Peel Off Barns Simulator. I need something a little more exciting.. lol

I'm happy for those that are excited, but I can't see myself caring for more than an hour or so. I know some people sink thousands of hours into sims like this, but it's not for me.

The fun comes from learning all the different types of aircraft. Trying to land a 747 on a small runway on an island or in the mountains is more exciting that you might think

Not for everyone though, like every game.

Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ghost_of_Phobos  Online

@WitIsWisdom: The landing challenges are genuinely fun and for people like me just chilling while exploring a region of the world can be satisfying enough in it self.