Rumor Alert: Bioshock 2 timed exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

Link

This is a rumor, and is kinda a weak one. Anyhow, the PS3 only sold over 210,000 copies of Bioshock in 8 weeks. At this time, the 360 version was about to cross a million. It could happen i guess.

discuss

Avatar image for PrinceofSarcasm
PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PrinceofSarcasm
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts
its not selling good on ps3 cause it was timed.
Maxyboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maxyboy13
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
Well it says either platform, so it would certainly be interesting if it was a Timed Exclusive for the PC or the PS3, but I hope there's not actually a Timed Exclusive so everyone can get to enjoy the game.:)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It seems like fantastic games tend to sell poorly on the PS3, so it wouldn't be a surprise. But I do believe it'd sell better if it weren't timed.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
its not selling good on ps3 cause it was timed. PrinceofSarcasm
Yeah I will not pay full price for a game that is over a year old.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
It seems like fantastic games tend to sell poorly on the PS3, so it wouldn't be a surprise. But I do believe it'd sell better if it weren't timed.BioShockOwnz
That, or just get some decent marketing.
Mlauthemighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mlauthemighty
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

When I finally came for the ps3 I had already been there and done that.

It sold poorly because was a timed exclusive indeed.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
[QUOTE="PrinceofSarcasm"]its not selling good on ps3 cause it was timed. wooooode

And that most people had already played on 360 or PC :P
EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Well it says either platform, so it would certainly be interesting if it was a Timed Exclusive for the PC or the PS3, but I hope there's not actually a Timed Exclusive so everyone can get to enjoy the game.:)Maxyboy13

Why would it be interesting if it were a timed exclusive for the PS3?? The original released on 360 and pc where it sold waaay more copies then the PS3 version.

Sounds like it would be a far smarter decision for it to be a pc or 360 exclusive unless of course you have some type of backwards logic and no buisness sense.

Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

[QUOTE="Maxyboy13"]Well it says either platform, so it would certainly be interesting if it was a Timed Exclusive for the PC or the PS3, but I hope there's not actually a Timed Exclusive so everyone can get to enjoy the game.:)EG101

Why would it be interesting if it were a timed exclusive for the PS3?? The original released on 360 and pc where it sold waaay more copies then the PS3 version.

Sounds like it would be a far smarter decision for it to be a pc or 360 exclusive unless of course you have some type of backwards logic and no buisness sense.

they should just release it on all three platforms

Maxyboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maxyboy13

[QUOTE="Maxyboy13"]Well it says either platform, so it would certainly be interesting if it was a Timed Exclusive for the PC or the PS3, but I hope there's not actually a Timed Exclusive so everyone can get to enjoy the game.:)EG101

It would be interesting because the 360 had the timed exclusive the first time so chaos would ensue if there was a reversal.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
The first game sucked, all I care about is improving upon the first so I could play it and have fun.
WaterLord0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 WaterLord0
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts
The first game sucked, all I care about is improving upon the first so I could play it and have fun.HAZE-Unit
what do you mean it sucked it was awsome.
Maxyboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maxyboy13
[QUOTE="EG101"]

[QUOTE="Maxyboy13"]Well it says either platform, so it would certainly be interesting if it was a Timed Exclusive for the PC or the PS3, but I hope there's not actually a Timed Exclusive so everyone can get to enjoy the game.:)ps3_owns_360Wii

they should just release it on all three platforms

And we have a winner!

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

it didnt sell that well on the PS3 for 1 reason

Every one who wanted to play it either played it on the 360 or the PC

Why did UT3 sell more on the PS3 than the 360 despite the PS3 being millions behind the 360s install base ? because it released on the PS3 FIRST

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]The first game sucked, all I care about is improving upon the first so I could play it and have fun.WaterLord0

No gameover, no variety of gameplay after defeating the first big daddy, it was repititive and it was easy because of the damn chambers.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="WaterLord0"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]The first game sucked, all I care about is improving upon the first so I could play it and have fun.HAZE-Unit

No gameover, no variety of gameplay after defeating the first big daddy, it was repititive and it was easy because of the damn chambers.

Agreed. I felt it was very boring. Pretty graphics and cool aquatic theme, but boring
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="WaterLord0"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]The first game sucked, all I care about is improving upon the first so I could play it and have fun.HAZE-Unit

You could have not used them, I didn't.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts

lol. You could make whatever gameplay you wanted, are you kidding me? The point wasnt just to shoot and reload, it was to use the environment to your advantage. And whats the difference between vita chambers and other save-anywheres that let you reload from your death? What games exactly make you restart from the beginning in todays gaming?
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
The ps3 version sold porly because by the time the ps3 version came out the game was already old, everyone prety much moved on to talkeing about toher games and it did not get much attention. The game is good but once your finished and see bothe endings your prety much will put it on the shelf and not talk about it any more unless its mentioned by someone else
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
It seems like fantastic games tend to sell poorly on the PS3, so it wouldn't be a surprise. But I do believe it'd sell better if it weren't timed.BioShockOwnz
Same with the Wii...The only one not having the problem is the 360
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] No gameover, no variety of gameplay after defeating the first big daddy, it was repititive and it was easy because of the damn chambers.

The game certainly had its problems, but the vita-chambers weren't one of them. I played the entire game, two times through without using a single vita-chamber. If you didn't like them, you could do what I did, and just not use them.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="wooooode"][QUOTE="PrinceofSarcasm"]its not selling good on ps3 cause it was timed. Zenkuso

And that most people had already played on 360 or PC :P

and it was cheaper to boot
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

you can turn the vita chambers off you know. sorry but you fail there.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] No gameover, no variety of gameplay after defeating the first big daddy, it was repititive and it was easy because of the damn chambers.agentfred
The game certainly had its problems, but the vita-chambers weren't one of them. I played the entire game, two times through without using a single vita-chamber. If you didn't like them, you could do what I did, and just not use them.

Then whats the point of the vita chambers then? aren't they meant to be used? thats why I said it was a bad idea to make something in games like the vita chambers, the same flaw is in prince of persia, it is making the game very easy to play. This concept is awful imho.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="WaterLord0"] what do you mean it sucked it was awsome.mtradr43

is there an option? if so, I didn't know about it at the time and the concept ruined my experience with the game.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] No gameover, no variety of gameplay after defeating the first big daddy, it was repititive and it was easy because of the damn chambers.HAZE-Unit

is there an option? if so, I didn't know about it at the time and the concept ruined my experience with the game.

at first there wasnt, but when they put the plasmid pack out for the 360 a bit later it added in he option to turn them off. makes the game so much better, forces you to be more strategic
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="mtradr43"] you can turn the vita chambers off you know. sorry but you fail there.mtradr43

at first there wasnt, but when they put the plasmid pack out for the 360 a bit later it added in he option to turn them off. makes the game so much better, forces you to be more strategic

I have the 360 version and I didn't know about it like I said, the game is ruined for me now and I don't feel getting back to play it and try to finish it, also the repetitiveness is so much in the game and Im not exaggerating with this one.

Thats one problem down, the other one will be there in Bioshock forever and I hope they will change alot in Bioshock 2.

I mean after killing the first big daddy, it was the same thing over and over again, 3-5 mintues ( maybe more time ) of empty places then there was some splicers, rinse and repeat then go to the next big daddy, kill it , choose between killing the little sister or not then rinse and repeat the whole process.

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts

Link

This is a rumor, and is kinda a weak one. Anyhow, the PS3 only sold over 210,000 copies of Bioshock in 8 weeks. At this time, the 360 version was about to cross a million. It could happen i guess.

discuss

Squall18

Seems unlikely seeing as the first trailer or revealing was on PS3. 210k probably isn't a bad number for a cheap late cash in port.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50624 Posts
[QUOTE="Squall18"]

Link

discuss

I'm surprised the Ps3 version even sold that much after BioShock being out more than a year before.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
How did Vita chambers ruin the gaming experience it's not the games fault you die too much and it has to keep reviving you, maybe don't try to kill every big daddy you see with the wrench and you might not even notice all the Vita chambers. more on topic 210k doesnt seem too bad for a year old game.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="WaterLord0"] what do you mean it sucked it was awsome.ArisShadows

You could have not used them, I didn't.

..and restart your save all over again?
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Idealistically, I'd prefer it to be released on all three platforms (360, PS3, PC) at or around the same time. But we all know this isn't an idealistic world. Anyways, I loved the first one. I'm dying for any little bit of info on the follow up. I hope 2K Marin does a good job!
lancedgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lancedgt
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
if its going to be timed then probably xbox would go first since ps3 is harder to develop
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
The first game sucked, all I care about is improving upon the first so I could play it and have fun.HAZE-Unit
You contridicted your self in so many ways, if the first game sucked then no amount of improvement short of a miracle for you would make the 2nd any better.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

The sales are not surprising I played it on the 360 last year and it would've sold tons on the ps3 as well if it was released last year, but as long as I get to play 2 and its a great game I don't care when it comes out.

And a survivor diff. run w/o vita chambers is a very fun and challenging experience, Makes the game an entirely different game the way you have to play.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
the main reason it didn't sell well on the PS3 is becuase it took so long to get it on the PS3. timed exclusives really don't make much sense cause hype for a game really dropes after teh inital game comes out.
labgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 labgeek
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] is there an option? if so, I didn't know about it at the time and the concept ruined my experience with the game.HAZE-Unit

I have the 360 version and I didn't know about it like I said, the game is ruined for me now and I don't feel getting back to play it and try to finish it, also the repetitiveness is so much in the game and Im not exaggerating with this one.

Thats one problem down, the other one will be there in Bioshock forever and I hope they will change alot in Bioshock 2.

I mean after killing the first big daddy, it was the same thing over and over again, 3-5 mintues ( maybe more time ) of empty places then there was some splicers, rinse and repeat then go to the next big daddy, kill it , choose between killing the little sister or not then rinse and repeat the whole process.

You are one tough gamer to please my man. The gameplay makes sense in the context of the story. I personally found certain aspects of the game repetitive but what kept me absorbed was the fantastic art direction, exotic locations, finding the story diaries, and driving the story forward. I couldn't wait to see different parts of Rapture, meet its citizens and listen to what they had to say about the events which unfolded. The vita-chamber was also cleverly interwoven as part of the story. Name a game with enough gameplay variety which satisfied you. Gears of War? Cover/shoot/chainsaw. Halo? Shoot/Jump/Grenade. Mario? Jump. These gameplay elements were insanely repetitive but fun in the context of the environment.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It seems like fantastic games tend to sell poorly on the PS3, so it wouldn't be a surprise. But I do believe it'd sell better if it weren't timed.Lionheart08
That, or just get some decent marketing.

Or the fact that Bioshock came out on PS3 after everyone with any interest in it had already played it :P
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
I guess if some of System Shock 2 ideas would be implemented in BioShock as well, such as collecting certain amount of modules in order to unlock ONE Vita Chamber at the time would put off many, many gamers, not to mention wearing off weapons and their tendency to jam, and other things.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Bioshock was crap, sorry PS3 owners dont play overhyped kiddy versions of real games;) (i actually bought this first day on 360 and regretted it since:?)
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It seems like fantastic games tend to sell poorly on the PS3, so it wouldn't be a surprise. But I do believe it'd sell better if it weren't timed.FirstDiscovery
Bioshock was crap, sorry PS3 owners dont play overhyped kiddy versions of real games;) (i actually bought this first day on 360 and regretted it since:?)

You're fan of System Shock 2 then?
p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
If i hadnt have played it already on the 360 then i would have bought it for the PS3. They cant have been expecting more than what they got.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It seems like fantastic games tend to sell poorly on the PS3, so it wouldn't be a surprise. But I do believe it'd sell better if it weren't timed.Salt_The_Fries

You're fan of System Shock 2 then?

Yeah, Bioshock was a joke from top to bottom, even the frigging storylin was pretty much non-existent, or it wouldve been had not Ken Levine thumped it into our heads for months on end before the game released
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
I'm guessing PC/360 will be where the game is released first. With a possible port to PS3 later on.