uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

So it seems like she'll be a playable character. Given the amount of guest characters in the last two games, pretty much confirmed. That and she's holding a big small plaque that says "MORTAL KOMBAT 11"

Ronda Rousey Teases Mortal Kombat 11 Invitation

Ronda Rousey is best-known as an Olympic medal-winning martial artist in Judo and UFC Women's Batnamweight Champion. In more recent times she's appeared as a professional wrestler in WWE. It's also well documented how the talented fighter and actress enjoys playing a variety of video games in her downtime.

With this in mind, Rousey has been spotted on her social media pages promoting the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11 reveal, taking place in Los Angeles tomorrow on 17th January. In her Twitter and Instagram posts, Rousey says she has been waiting to accept this invitation her whole life and also mentions how the Earthrealm is safe with her.

According to Game Informer, this seemingly confirms her involvement as a voice actor in the game. It all stems from a rumour posted on Reddit last year which suggested an internal email had revealed the iconic female mixed martial artist would voice Mortal Kombat's special forces officer Sonya Blade.

Are you excited for Mortal Kombat 11's big reveal? Tell us below.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/ronda_rousey_teases_mortal_kombat_11_invitation

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

Very ironic she got beat up and bad by woman named Cyborg that literally look like Mortal kombat Mileena.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'm just going to love everything about Mortal Kombat. X was great and I'm looking forward to this!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup

Not picking it up unless it has crossplay.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By X_Karen_x

She do look crazy in that pic but why would people judge for that or how she act sometime if they even SEE her get hit in the head many time.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

That would be very cool. Looking forward to this game.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I'm actually ok with her being a voice actress on the game ... for a moment i thought she was going to be an actual DLC character or something like that which would be horrible beyond believe ... kind of like what they did with Bruce Lee in the UFC game a few years ago.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Is she a voice or an actual character.

Idunno I'm not comfortable having real-life characters in a game like MK. I know that's silly but MK has some pretty gruesome shit in it, I think that sort of crosses the line. I know that's kind of irrational ("they're just games") but still.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

God damn that is so fucking awesome, but at the same time, I am so angry that Harada decided to add Negan to Tekken 7 while Mortal Kombat gets a real martial artist that would have been better in a Tekken game!

They should trade. Negan would be better for Mortal Kombat!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Interesting...so Goro does have a sister.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

She's lame

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

Is she a voice or an actual character.

Idunno I'm not comfortable having real-life characters in a game like MK. I know that's silly but MK has some pretty gruesome shit in it, I think that sort of crosses the line. I know that's kind of irrational ("they're just games") but still.

They done it with that Walking Dead guy, and looked completely out of wack with the rest of the game.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@madsnakehhh said:

I'm actually ok with her being a voice actress on the game ... for a moment i thought she was going to be an actual DLC character or something like that which would be horrible beyond believe ... kind of like what they did with Bruce Lee in the UFC game a few years ago.

Bruce lee is in multiple fighting games lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Certainly fits in with the other manfaces.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Meh....who even likes her besides 'm not a fan of celebrity faces in games. Games are a escape from reality and as such I like if they design their own characters.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@pc_rocks said:

Meh....who even likes her besides 'm not a fan of celebrity faces in games. Games are a escape from reality and as such I like if they design their own characters.

The problem here isn't guest characters, but you have a point with Netherrealm in particular.

Instead of designing fantastical looking characters, they go for a realistic look.

e.g. Rather than godly waifu

The game just ends up with ugly bastard cosplayers.

It isn't just the design of how they look in stills, their animations suck ass as well.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And then constant that with SFV with the amount of thought they put into it.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

-

To summarize, I don't think Ronda whatever would be a problem, nor would I have a problem with her in the game, it would be more down to a mediocre design team who think next-gen = realistic and realistic (by default) = good

This is baby thinking, for babies.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@pc_rocks said:

The problem here isn't guest characters, but you have a point with Netherrealm in particular.

Instead of designing fantastical looking characters, they go for a realistic look.

e.g. Rather than godly waifu

The game just ends up with ugly bastard cosplayers.

It isn't just the design of how they look in stills, their animations suck ass as well.

And then constant that with SFV with the amount of thought they put into it.

-

To summarize, I don't think Ronda whatever would be a problem, nor would I have a problem with her in the game, it would be more down to a mediocre design team who think next-gen = realistic and realistic (by default) = good

Yeah, I understand what you're saying and I agree with all that. But you are even taking it a step further while my contention is much more basic that games shouldn't always strive for realism or at least I don't like game characters being just a digital celebrity faces like in Star Citizen, new Kojima games, some CoDs etc etc. I like when games are games.

The following video explains what I'm trying to say:

Loading Video...

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I think the whole realistic look is a part of MK's identity since the first game and it's not something they're gonna abandon for risk of pissing off the fans.

Could've went out of their comfort zone for Injustice though, and let their design team stretch their legs with comic book-esque visuals. A lost opportunity.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#20 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
@x_karen_x said:

Very ironic she got beat up and bad by woman named Cyborg that literally look like Mortal kombat Mileena.

She never fought Cyborg. She got kicked in the face by Holly Holm and knocked out by a jab by Amanda Nunes. Cyborg would have reduced her to pulp, even though she lost to Nunes.

Yeah, casual MMA fan here.

Anyway, whatever. Good on her, I suppose. Just hope she doesn't mess it up.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Either way, I'm just hype for MK11 and this is a day one purchase. I don't like Ed Boon but he got me excited since the announcement trailer was drop at VGA and been on-board since.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

Ronda rosey is fake fighter. thats why she is in WWE.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

prob have to cheat

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By madrocketeer
@ghosts4ever said:

Well... ...she had good Judo - and that was about it. She couldn't move, strike or defend. The women's field was a bit shallow in her time, so she dominated. However, I always thought that a disciplined and technically decent striker like Holm and Nunes would destroy her. I was right. She's in the WWE because she got found out by Nunes.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

No interest in this, I prefered Alien and Predator from last game, and I've got enough fighters. I'd rather get Soul Caliber if I ever need another one

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#26  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Well... ...she had good Judo - and that was about it. She couldn't move, strike or defend. The women's field was a bit shallow in her time, so she dominated. However, I always knew that a disciplined and technically decent striker like Holm and Nunes would destroy her. I was right. She's in the WWE because she got found out by Nunes.

You could say the same for Conor McGregor. Except the opposite in that he has great striking game but poor grappling game. It was only a matter of time before he got exposed by a skilled grappler like Khabib. To dominate MMA, you need to be proficient in both striking and grappling.

...Come to think of it, McGregor might want join the WWE too. He's certainly got the personality for it.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

Leaks say she is VOICING Sonya in the game.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Ronda Rousey had a great career when she faced off against green opponents who were intimidated by her "mystique" and could be beaten in seconds. She hasn't done so well against seasoned fighters who don't fall for that shit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever

@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Well... ...she had good Judo - and that was about it. She couldn't move, strike or defend. The women's field was a bit shallow in her time, so she dominated. However, I always knew that a disciplined and technically decent striker like Holm and Nunes would destroy her. I was right. She's in the WWE because she got found out by Nunes.

MMA, boxing or any combat sport is male oriented. no matter how much women fighter they promote. it will always remain male oriented.

you wont find any boxer today that is even on par with Muhammad Ali.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@Jag85 said:
@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

You could say the same for Conor McGregor. Except the opposite in that he has great striking game but poor grappling game. It was only a matter of time before he got exposed by a skilled grappler like Khabib. To dominate MMA, you need to be proficient in both striking and grappling.

...Come to think of it, McGregor might want join the WWE too. He's certainly got the personality for it.

anyone can join WWE. take steriod, become good actor instead of fighter, and you are in. you dont need to be skilled fighter. its fake.

im pretty sure khabib can dominate anyone on WWE if fight is real. otherwise if scripted its not.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By madrocketeer
@Jag85 said:

Yeah, always felt Khabib was the heavy favourite there. Even in the fights Conor did win, such as against Mendes, I always thought his ground game was vulnerable. Against a master grappler like Khabib, the moment he got his hands on Conor, I knew he was toast.

Yeah, he would be right at home in the WWE.

@ghosts4ever said:

MMA, boxing or any combat sport is male oriented. no matter how much women fighter they promote. it will always remain male oriented.

Eh. I don't see anything inherently "male" or "female" about a game or a sport. I just appreciate good play, no matter who it comes from.

Tough to say. Ali was great for his generation. Mike Tyson was great for his generation. The only way to be sure who was better would be to have them fight at their peaks. That, of course, is impossible.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Why get her ? She already got exposed as a fraud and her ass beat twice which sent her straight into retirement.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@bussinrounds said:

Why get her ? She already got exposed as a fraud and her ass beat twice which sent her straight into retirement.

correction: sent into fake fight. so she can show how amazing fighter she is.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jag85
@madrocketeer said:
@Jag85 said:

Yeah, always felt Khabib was the heavy favourite there. Even in the fights he did win, such as against Mendes, I always thought his ground game was weak. Against a master grappler like Khabib, the moment he got his hands on Conor, I knew he was toast.

Yeah, he would be right at home in the WWE.

@ghosts4ever said:

Eh. I don't see anything inherently "male" or "female" about a game or a sport. I just appreciate good play, no matter who it comes from.

Tough to say. Ali was great for his generation. Mike Tyson was great for his generation. The only way to be sure who was better would be to have them fight at their peaks. That, of course, is impossible.

The betting odds had Khabib as a slight favourite. Many still thought Conor had a chance, because he's defeated grapplers before by getting in an early KO before they get their chance to work their ground game on him. But that's because those grapplers had either poor striking or weak defense (kind of like Ronda Rousey), whereas Khabib has decent striking and strong endurance (he's fought bears, after all).

McGregor kind of already feels like a WWE star, with all the antics he pulls in the build-up to fights. The whole Conor-Khabib fight, from the build-up shenanigans to the post-fight brawl, felt very WWE-like. And the whole Mayweather-McGregor charade of a fight also felt very WWE-like (after all, Mayweather also had a stint in the WWE before).

Most boxing experts agree that Ali is the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time. It's doubtful that any boxer of any era would be able to beat a prime Ali at his peak (around 1965-1967). Of course, prime Tyson (around 1986-1989) was also a beast, but even he wouldn't be a match for prime Ali, who was too fast and would run rings around him.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Muhammad Ali was actually a pretty overrated boxer and generally a massive dick. The shit he done to Joe Fraser and his son was terrible.

Joe Fraiser nearly destroyed him and the dude was boxing blind. He got shafted while Ali got put on a pedestal.

This documentary in particular made me really, really dislike him.

Loading Video...

Kind of funny he had a cameo in Rocky supporting Apollo, when he literally was Rocky fighting Apollo.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

@x_karen_x said:

No, Ronda didn't fight Cris Cyborg she got Knockout by Holly Holm then beat up by Amanda Nunes.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

She's not the only wrestler going to this shindig...that's right Cody Rhodes also got an invitation.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@x_karen_x: She never fought Cyborg. She got beat up by Amanda Nunes and Holy Holm.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Give me Spawn not a has been MMA fighter.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 X_Karen_x

@PCgameruk:

Yes I was mistaken. I think I watch two fight on same day, and maybe was busy at work so rush a response.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jag85

@uninspiredcup said:

Muhammad Ali was actually a pretty overrated boxer and generally a massive dick. The shit he done to Joe Fraser and his son was terrible.

Joe Fraiser nearly destroyed him and the dude was boxing blind. He got shafted while Ali got put on a pedestal.

This documentary in particular made me really, really dislike him.

I don't think Ali is overrated at all. Ali in his prime years (mid-late '60s) would beat any boxer of any era. Prime Ali was the fastest boxer the heavyweight division has ever seen, and he'd run rings around any heavyweight boxer of any era.

Ali was past his time when he fought Frazier in the '70s. Ali's opposition to the Vietnam War cost him his prime years. After being stripped of his belt and forced out of the ring for several years, he wasn't the same fighter anymore when he returned in the '70s, with nowhere near the speed and energy he had in his prime. That's the only reason Frazier gave him problems. If they had fought earlier when Ali was in his prime, Ali would've had an easier time with Frazier. Besides, Ali won their last two fights. And it's not like Frazier is forgotten, but he's remembered as an all-time great.

But yeah, Ali was a massive dick, but he just did that for promotion. Decades before the likes of Mayweather and McGregor, Ali wrote the rulebook on how to sell tickets: be a massive dick, drum up controversy, and make people hate you. That way, people will come watch your fights in the hopes of seeing you lose and see someone shut you up. The things Ali said to Frazier were shitty, but in the end, he helped make both himself and Frazier richer, since it was Ali's promotion that helped sell their fights.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@x_karen_x said:

That fight never took place. She got beat by Nunes and Holmes. She ducked Cyborg.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 madrocketeer

Confirmed in the reveal stream, by the way: she's voicing Sonya Blade.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Great to see it confirmed that she’ll be doing the voice of Sonya Blade. Never really watched any of her stuff in the UFC but I regularly watch WWE and she has been doing a fantastic job there. My hype for Mortal Kombat 11 just went up a little bit more.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup

Eh. It looks... alright?

Not exactly world rocking like DBZF, although they are doing a good job of trying to present it as an event. Maybe pick it up if it's online actually is active when it's on sale. But overall, nothing terribly compelling against it's competition.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I say good for her. Who knows how long this fame train goes. Get the most out of it while you can.

I think she is sexy and wish her well. (Because I am sure she is reading this)

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Rhonda is a great choice for Sonya Blade actually.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 X_Karen_x

@kingtito:

Yes not sure i tell someone why I mistaken. Ronda fight Cyborg she need a popsicle on her face heh heh lol. Cyborg look ferocious.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@x_karen_x said:

@kingtito:

Yes not sure i tell someone why I mistaken. Ronda fight Cyborg she need a popsicle on her face heh heh lol. Cyborg look ferocious.

Man I was hoping for that fight cause I wanted Cyborg to put her to sleep. Unfortunately never going to happen.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Eh. It looks... alright?

Not exactly world rocking like DBZF, although they are doing a good job of trying to present it as an event. Maybe pick it up if it's online actually is active when it's on sale. But overall, nothing terribly compelling against it's competition.

Except animation and graphics wise it looks a million times better than any fighting game I've ever seen.