Rocksteady what does we wants next from the inevitable DC outing?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Rocksteady what does we wants next from the inevitable DC outing? (18 votes)

Justice League game 6%
Batman Beyond 22%
Superman 17%
Fishman 0%
Wonderwoman 33%
Others characters nobody gives a shit about 22%

Hello. What does we want Rocksteady to pump out next in the line of DC comics?

No Caption Provided

Personally I think they should do Batman Beyond.

• 
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Extremely violent Suicide Squad game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

Justice league. i want to switch between batman and superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I want play as batman villains.

Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, clayface and the likes.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Green arrow

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Wonder Woman has lots of potential:

* Highly trained Amazon warrior with super strength & speed for combat design
* Extensive gear set - sword, shield, bracers, lasso - adds diversity to combat sets & possible skill builds
* Power of truth - with the mental property of the lasso, introduces puzzle solving game elements
* She flies, and I don't mean the invisible jet, she can actually fly like Superman... need I say more?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@watercrack445 said:

I want play as batman villains.

Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, clayface and the likes.

The Catwoman alternating segments in Arkham City were very enjoyable and she does deserve her own game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
deactivated-5d0a4c3876874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
Member since 2019 • 180 Posts

Superman 64 remaster. The game that was that hardcore that 99 percent of the players abandoned the game in the first level.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Deathstroke or Swamp Thing

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts
Loading Video...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Renegade_Fury: Shway

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Superman, Justice League or Teen Titans would be my realistic choices.

Static Shock or Plastic Man would be my picks that have no chance of happening.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

@Ant_17: Right? An Arkham Beyond would be so slammin’!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Batman Beyond for me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58906 Posts

What we really need a grey gho... I mean, The Shadow game. Batmans daddy.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I don't care about any of those. There's Batman and then there's other superheroes. I'll stick with the former. (Terry McGinniss is an imposter.)

My thoughts about Batman Beyond:

I kind of liked it when I was a kid. I’ve been rewatching the whole series and have only two episodes to go now. It was weak. A few good episodes in a bunch of mediocre or boring ones.

It doesn’t feel like a true successor to Batman. The tone is off and Terry is overpowered. He can fly, become invisible and, in at least one scene, he is shot in the torso, which only dazes him.

His motivations for doing what he does are pretty weak. At the beginning, he wants to avenge his father, but that gets settled pretty quickly, after which he seems to just do it as a job, whereas Bruce Wayne was obsessed with corruption and bringing justice. Inside, he was Batman, with Bruce being the mask he had to put on. Terry as Batman seems like an imposter.

The villains aren’t that likable. Terry doesn’t even have an archenemy through most of the show. It’s also lame that every other villain has something to do with Terry’s school.

The opening theme was alright, but the rock music throughout each episode got old.

The Batman Animated Series was more impressive visually, even after the new art style. I think Batman Beyond switched animation companies in the second season. It began to look cheaper.

Also, it’s weird to imply Bruce and Barbara Gordon had a relationship when they were young. He is much older and was her mentor.

Fortunately, there never will be a Batman Beyond game. Most people didn't give a shit about that show, which is why it was cancelled after three seasons.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ezekiel43 said:

Fortunately, there never will be a Batman Beyond game. Most people didn't give a shit about that show, which is why it was cancelled after three seasons.

Batman Beyond became it';s own canon, a comic book series with a live action movie was production to star Clint Eastwood (as Batman).

Spiderman Homcoming also, basically, ripped it off.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Why not a Green Lantern movie? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d0a4c3876874

@ezekiel43 said:

I don't care about any of those. There's Batman and then there's other superheroes. I'll stick with the former. (Terry McGinniss is an imposter.)

I actually think that it was a pretty popular show.

They made an ending in episode 13 so that if the show fails, they move on from it without leaving it "unfinished".

It was that popular that it got 2 more seasons and a stand alone movie.(Return Of The Joker)

@ezekiel43 said:

I kind of liked it when I was a kid. I’ve been rewatching the whole series and have only two episodes to go now. It was weak. A few good episodes in a bunch of mediocre or boring ones.

It doesn’t feel like a true successor to Batman. The tone is off and Terry is overpowered. He can fly, become invisible and, in at least one scene, he is shot in the torso, which only dazes him.

His motivations for doing what he does are pretty weak. At the beginning, he wants to avenge his father, but that gets settled pretty quickly, after which he seems to just do it as a job, whereas Bruce Wayne was obsessed with corruption and bringing justice. Inside, he was Batman, with Bruce being the mask he had to put on. Terry as Batman seems like an imposter.

The villains aren’t that likable. Terry doesn’t even have an archenemy through most of the show. It’s also lame that every other villain has something to do with Terry’s school.

The opening theme was alright, but the rock music throughout each episode got old.

The Batman Animated Series was more impressive visually, even after the new art style. I think Batman Beyond switched animation companies in the second season. It began to look cheaper.

Also, it’s weird to imply Bruce and Barbara Gordon had a relationship when they were young. He is much older and was her mentor.

1.Terry isn't that overpowered though. The show had lots of moments that he needed the help of others.(And he got lots of beatings from his enemies) he also had to fight his own suit in one episode.

2.Villains are great. We had Shriek , Royal Flush Gang , Jokerz , Joker(In return of the joker) , mad stan , inque that were pretty great and each one had it's own personality.

3.The love interest of Bruce and Barbara is not Batman Beyond's fault. It was DC animated universe fault.(For some reason Bruce Team loved shipping Batman and Barbara together)

4.Terry's motivations were explained well.

-He at first wanted revenge.

-Then bruce came and gave him a part time job.(Which Terry accepted since his family wasn't that rich after his father's death)

-As time went on Bruce became more of a father figure for him.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Something else. All of those poll options would probably just feel like their Batman Arkham games with another skin. Pretty tired of the formula already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d0a4c3876874

They may instead make a Batwoman game and subvert all of the expectations.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup

@dg1995 said:

They may instead make a Batwoman game and subvert all of the expectations.

This happens in DC Rebirth where the daughter of Selina Kyle/Bruce Wayne takes over as they become elderly. And he dies. It's one of the best Batman comics in years, and wouldn't be surprised if in some manner is does get adapted.

Loading Video...

However, being a business, they mostly give a shit about money. That's why the Joker, even in games that don't look to be about the Joker like Arkham Origins have whores the shit out of him, making all villains perfunctory. The only game where he isn't boring as hell is Arkham Knight, where he's finally used perfectly.

So for that reason, popularity, I doubt Batwoman will be used.

-

The idea of Batman being old and past it (i.e. The Dark Knight Returns) has always been interesting. But given how his identity is known at the end of Arkham Knight, can't see this happening. - Although he is presumed dead