Rocksteady accidently leaked justice league game

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9788 posts) -

Source

please be true. please be true.

Justice league is only thing i want by them. they are done with batman and are not making superman.

it would make more sense to compete with square enix avengers game.

#2 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6733 posts) -

How would you even make a justice league game. Seems like it will be all over the place.

#3 Posted by BassMan (10181 posts) -

I would prefer they get away from super hero games altogether. They are a talented dev that could create a good original IP.

#4 Posted by Ant_17 (12413 posts) -

??? Isn't this old?

#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (11683 posts) -

You suck at this ghost.

#6 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9788 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

You suck at this ghost.

what?

#7 Edited by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

I hope they have better story-telling this time round. . The story lines for the Arkham games have been very bad.

The one people hate (Arkham Origins) was by far the best and closest game to the source material. And even then, like all of them, it suffered the same problem of "The Joker must be the star", which is a real possibility even in this game, assuming it's happening.

Also give Hawkgirl big bangers and not an ugly ass hyper-realistic face like Arkham Knight.

Good

Bad.

#8 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9788 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I hope they have better story-telling this time round. . The story lines for the Arkham games have been very bad.

The one people hate (Arkham Origins) was by far the best and closest game to the source material. And even then, like all of them, it suffered the same problem of "The Joker must be the star", which is a real possibility even in this game, assuming it's happening.

Also give Hawkgirl big bangers and not an ugly ass hyper-realistic face like Arkham Knight.

Good

Bad.

Arkham origins is worst in series. the original Arkham asylum was best. it was linear yet more focused. and series lost the magic once it went open world.

#9 Edited by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Good

Bad.

Arkham origins is worst in series. the original Arkham asylum was best. it was linear yet more focused. and series lost the magic once it went open world.

Na it's the best. Especially when it comes to story.

1) We see The Killing Joke origin of The Joker is a superb adaptation

2) We have an actual Bane who's Bane, following a very loose plot of Knigtfall

3) We have an origin story for the relationship of Batman and Joker

4) Others things that I can't remember but sort of remember good feelings about

Gameplay is mostly a copy-paste of the other games. Only real complaint was bugs. Other than that, gladly play this over Rocksteady's.

Edit- Oh yea, the world feels like Batman Returns thanks to Christmas, and Batman Returns is boss

#10 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9788 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Gameplay is mostly a copy-paste of the other games. Only real complaint was bugs. Other than that, gladly play this over Rocksteady's.

Edit- Oh yea, the world feels like Batman Returns thanks to Christmas, and Batman Returns is boss

Batman voice actor is not batman anymore. and its disgusting.

#11 Posted by I_P_Daily (11683 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

You suck at this ghost.

what?

C'mon man. You think a guy who's joining Rocksteady Q&A team next week and posts a superhero pic means he knows what Rocksteady are working on? and would be stupid enough to let the cat out of the bag before he even starts working there, oh shit yeah that sounds totally legit. Your title is clickbait at best, as Rocksteady hasn't leaked anything.

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (27906 posts) -

While I’m not exactly all that big of a DC fan I did really enjoy the Batman Arkham games so I’ll take a wait and see approach.

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Batman voice actor is not batman anymore. and its disgusting.

Yea, but it's suppose to be a younger Bruce Wayne, so didn't really bother me.

It also has one of the best boss fights in history.

Loading Video...

#14 Posted by lundy86_4 (53140 posts) -

This could be a freakin' disaster. The disparity between heroes is gonna be too much. Rocksteady needs to play to their strengths, as they're a solid developer.

#15 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9788 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

This could be a freakin' disaster. The disparity between heroes is gonna be too much. Rocksteady needs to play to their strengths, as they're a solid developer.

no one want superman game and they are done with batman.

what else is left? none of DC super heroes are popular at all. Justice league is only think that make sense.

although Batman is by far my fav super hero but he is also done too many times in movies, animated series and games.

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (53140 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

what else is left? none of DC super heroes are popular at all. Justice league is only think that make sense.

although Batman is by far my fav super hero but he is also done too many times in movies, animated series and games.

They should move on from superheroes full-stop, or simply do something more interesting. Justice League power-levels are wildly different, so i'm not sure what game they can create from that.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#17 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4571 posts) -

The Justice League gif comes from the intro of some DC movies. This isn't necessarily an indicator of a JL game.

#18 Posted by Ibacai (13820 posts) -

It’ll be like the MUA games when it comes to power levels. You can’t make anyone too overpowered.

It can come off weird but it is possible in the context of video games.

#19 Posted by Telekill (8439 posts) -

Pass.

I'd have rather scene a dark and gritty Ninja Turtles game from them.

But yeah, didn't they show the Superman logo a year ago or so for their next? Justice League is no surprise. Even allows them to continue with Batman. Boring.

#20 Posted by lamprey263 (36108 posts) -

I thought this was rumored for a while but that they later rumored their next project to be a new Arkham game. If it is a Justice League game, I don't care how great a job I thought they did with Arkham games, I even liked the games nobody else did, I can't see a Justice League game working. You would think for the shit DC movies get that they woukd be more hesitant to do it and jump back on the Arkham games.

#21 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@lundy86_4 said:

There's a lot of potential in a Wonder Woman game. She has a very defined set of powers/skills and weapons; sword, shield, bracers, and maybe we'd see some innovation for a lasso weapon that could double as a traversal tool. And as a trained warrior we'd likely get dynamic and robust melee combat. Not to mention she's riding a runaway popularity train from her debut movie, still regarded as the saving grace in Batman v Superman movie.

Ohh, ohhhhhhhhhhh.... but that would mean a game featuring a female lead protagonist... the thing that would ruin the gaming experience, huh? o_o

#22 Edited by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

@Ibacai said:

It’ll be like the MUA games when it comes to power levels. You can’t make anyone too overpowered.

It can come off weird but it is possible in the context of video games.

Basically Superman. He's Dr.Manhattan where everyone else is irrelevant. Even the fucking Justice League movie acknowledges this.

And yes, a Wondery Woman specific game would be a nice change of pace and would purely be worth it to upset the bearded basement dwellers ready to review bomb the shit out of it.

-

In an ideal world they would utilize the other characters, and outside of Batman and Superman, the only one I can see them using is Wonderwoman.

There are a shit ton of great spin-off titles that would make for creatively interesting shit. Including the villains. But even those get shafted for Joker.

Make it happen
Make it happen

#23 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

And yes, a Wondery Woman specific game would be a nice change of pace and would purely be worth it to upset the bearded basement dwellers ready to review bomb the shit out of it.

What makes you think a Wonder Woman game would upset any gamer faction to evoke review bombing?

#24 Edited by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:
@uninspiredcup said:

What makes you think a Wonder Woman game would upset any gamer faction to evoke review bombing?

The fact gamers were more upset about woman wearing cloths in mk11, than the game being broken, bad, selling 2 segmented characters already in the game at launch and a £5000 free2play model already filled with Russians using macro scripts.

Suppose they could make her look like a slut ripe for source film maker.

#25 Edited by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The fact gamers were more upset about woman wearing cloths in mk11, than the game being broken, bad, selling 2 segmented characters already in the game at launch and a £5000 free2play model already filled with Russians using macro scripts.

Sure, there were complaints about the female character design, which can be justified by the hypocrisy as the male characters showed more skin. But you are kidding yourself if you really think the costume sacrifice had greater attention and outrage over the broken code and P2W model.

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Sure, there were complaints about the female character design, which can be justified by the hypocrisy as the male characters showed more skin. But c'mon, the complaints over the broken code and P2W model far, far outweighed the costume missteps.

Oh yes, it was most certainly "woke" influence and indeed is hypocritical shit, no question. But at the same time, the designs are closer to the games original models and the plotline does involve the original game. Some designs almost a 1/1. And on the laundry list of "this game sucks", it ranks very low. Doubt half of the folk complaining were even going to play it to begin with.

Speaking of which, upon playing it, I would argue the character designs are largely... pretty good. A step up from X's shitty designs.

Seem a few folk say this is ugly, which is just, laughable.

#27 Edited by Litchie (23867 posts) -

Boo, do a TMNT game.

I still wonder how they'd make a JL game. Will I just be playing Batman again with other characters, or will I actually play something that feels somewhat new? Can't say I'm super excited anywho.

#29 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9788 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@lundy86_4 said:

There's a lot of potential in a Wonder Woman game. She has a very defined set of powers/skills and weapons; sword, shield, bracers, and maybe we'd see some innovation for a lasso weapon that could double as a traversal tool. And as a trained warrior we'd likely get dynamic and robust melee combat. Not to mention she's riding a runaway popularity train from her debut movie, still regarded as the saving grace in Batman v Superman movie.

Ohh, ohhhhhhhhhhh.... but that would mean a game featuring a female lead protagonist... the thing that would ruin the gaming experience, huh? o_o

No wonder woman game please. in justice league there is wonder woman but making entire game based on her is just a no.

#30 Edited by djoffer (1312 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: why? Besides Batman she is by far the most popular dc toon currently...

#31 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10107 posts) -
@BassMan said:

I would prefer they get away from super hero games altogether. They are a talented dev that could create a good original IP.

Yup same here, this news does little for me

#32 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

No wonder woman game please. in justice league there is wonder woman but making entire game based on her is just a no.

Color me "surprised" 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#33 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1442 posts) -

If it is then it should be PS5/Xbox Scarlett title.

#34 Posted by uninspiredcup (33291 posts) -

Playing Arkham Knight ATM, I really dislike how Rockysteady cripple your side-quest content behind the main game.

Got to the final mission of "The Perfect Murder" and told to get fucked until the Island is opened up.

How is that even fun?

#35 Posted by Jacanuk (18443 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Holy shit is Rocksteady still relevant after their last game´s fiasco and them destroying their PC release.

But good for them and LOL employee, he is a QA which means he is someone who gets´s chips and coca cola for playing a game and never finding any bugs. :D

#36 Posted by Solaryellow (4834 posts) -

Is the once new employee now an ex employee?