Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 Release Date Leaked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

From what this video states and if it's to be believed it looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider will be making its way to the PlayStation 4 a year after the Xbox One release in November of 2016, that's a long time to wait for a finished game...

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Hmm. That would be cool if true.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NyaDC

@verbtex said:

Apparently it's going to cost $40 on the PlayStation 4 at the point of release too because they know everyone is going to be all pissed off.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

I'll wait even longer for the bargin bin price. Haven't played a Tomb Raider game in ages though.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

We all knew it was coming, only delusional lems were still in denial.

bu bu bu i bet it won't come to ps4!!!!

meh, getting it for pc anyway.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

repost of a thread I made weeks ago

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Legend002: True

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NyaDC
@Legend002 said:

Did anyone post in it? I never saw it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

And this is why I own all 3 current-gen consoles so I won't have to miss a thing. I'm impatience, I wanna play the game ASAP, and November can't come soon enough.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NyaDC

@davillain- said:

And this is why I own all 3 current-gen consoles so I won't have to miss a thing. I'm impatience, I wanna play the game ASAP, and November can't come soon enough.

Agreed, Street Fighter V and Rise of the Tomb Raider in 2015? Don't mind if I do.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

It would be a slap in the face to every xbone owner who pre-ordered the xbone version if this was true.

I mean the ps4 version would run better, cost less money, and come with all the current DLC and it was marketed like it wasn't coming to playstation.

But with how things are being ran I wouldn't be surprised if they do that to their fans with all pc crap they are throwing up onto that. Imagine if SNES or something put all its games on pc back in the day or ps1 console woulda been insta dead.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Any word on release date for PC? Would rather play this on PC

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

This is old as ****. Someone already made a thread about this

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

@nyadc said:
@verbtex said:

Apparently it's going to cost $40 on the PlayStation 4 at the point of release too because they know everyone is going to be all pissed off.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If it does come out for the PS4, but the time it does, the XB1 version with be $20 and Crystal Dynamics would have announced another sequel exclusive to the XB1 on the day it comes out for the PS4. lol!! I'm pretty sure it will be out on PC before it's out on the PS4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

AsteriskBone.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

I find it kind of funny their reasoning for believing it's authentic is because yes, in the past, MS has only had a timed exclusivity advantage of only a year for quite a few titles. Thing is, that's not incredibly insightful. Any gamer who hasn't been living under a rock for the last several years could have surmised that. Then again, while I can cast doubt about this source and authenticity, it's a high possibility that they could be right all the same (like I said it wasn't the most incredibly insightful prediction).

Thing is though, gamers are fickle. Publishers know this, and they're probably looking to come out on top of this any way possible. That means probably deciding what to do next after gauging the games initial performance on the Xbox One. If everything goes well, they probably don't need to pitch it so modestly to get people interested, whereas if it goes bad they'll be trying to make up for exclusivity by offering some kind of incentive. I'd definitely say Square Enix probably isn't above milking MS if Microsoft is willing to throw cash at them to keep it off the PS4. Either way, I'm sure Square Enix is probably playing this with their cards kept close to their chest, to come out ahead as much as possible.

And I don't think MS is above trying to retain certain favoritism regarding certain franchises if it can be bought at a modest price. I'm rather surprised this gen that they've still managed that games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall stay off the PS4, even after going to PC. I'd of expected a couple defectors by now.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I find it kind of funny their reasoning for believing it's authentic is because yes, in the past, MS has only had a timed exclusivity advantage of only a year for quite a few titles. Thing is, that's not incredibly insightful. Any gamer who hasn't been living under a rock for the last several years could have surmised that. Then again, while I can cast doubt about this source and authenticity, it's a high possibility that they could be right all the same (like I said it wasn't the most incredibly insightful prediction).

Thing is though, gamers are fickle. Publishers know this, and they're probably looking to come out on top of this any way possible. That means probably deciding what to do next after gauging the games initial performance on the Xbox One. If everything goes well, they probably don't need to pitch it so modestly to get people interested, whereas if it goes bad they'll be trying to make up for exclusivity by offering some kind of incentive. I'd definitely say Square Enix probably isn't above milking MS if Microsoft is willing to throw cash at them to keep it off the PS4. Either way, I'm sure Square Enix is probably playing this with their cards kept close to their chest, to come out ahead as much as possible.

And I don't think MS is above trying to retain certain favoritism regarding certain franchises if it can be bought at a modest price. I'm rather surprised this gen that they've still managed that games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall stay off the PS4, even after going to PC. I'd of expected a couple defectors by now.

If Rise of Tomb Raider doesn't sell good on xbone microsoft will probably drop the exclusivity and call the game trash.

if it sells good they might pay money to keep it off ps4. Square wins either way get paid a big check for exclusivity or sell a shit ton on ps4/pc later on. A deal definitely hasn't been settled yet.

Microsoft hasn't said it's never coming to playstation yet something sony said about street fighter 5.

Microsoft knows if the game bombs they don't have to pay for exclusivity and just let it go to ps4, which looks like what is about to happen. But if it goes to PS4 it's just another win for ps4 owners and if phil doesn't start making real exclusives there's gonna be less and less people from pc/ps4 ever needing to buy xbone. Last gen people had to buy both and was very heavy competition, this generation microsoft isn't even trying to compete and make you need both so ps4 is going to take over the living rooms and xbox brand will irrelevant and have no sway at all when windows 10/dx12 rolls out.

Phil needs to take a note out of the ps3 comeback book PS3 EXCLUSIVES that never went to pc/360 helped it come back and forced 360/pc owners to buy it. Important technology like blu-ray free online etc using netflix for free HELPED ps3 be the better media machine over 360.

Xbone has nothing important about it and they aren't being competitive at all with the ps4. They need more games like titanfall / dead rising 3 (that don't come to pc) to push systems and those were all under old management the new management hasn't done shit. I expect xbone to be the next original xbox that is just niche and just fizzles out quick and people lose respect for xbox brand and ps4 becomes the next ps2 with no competition in sight.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@nyadc: it wud be hilarious if it still sells way more by then. Me myself will play it when its 15 dollars or free for ps plus. Or a friend brings it over lol

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:

Any word on release date for PC? Would rather play this on PC

I think 2 to 3 months after the Xbone release , but maybe the same time thePS4 version come out..

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@Legend002 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/rumor-rise-of-tomb-raider-ps4-will-release-q4-2016-32180109/

and aren't these the same people who leaked a rumor that MS was going to buy PT for a billion dollars?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Couldn't care less. This game is on 360 and looks like a GameCube game compared to true current gen titles. The last one was trash as well.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Right ok:

1. This post was made eons ago by a different user

2. SQEnix are that retarded as to make PS/PC fans wait a whole year, 6 months tops.

3. Thought the OP was against anyone claiming that this game would come to PS4, why mention it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

As others have pointed out, this thread was made a while back.