Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/20/17483492/crackdown-3-microsoft-developer-reagent-games

"Booty also confirmed that Microsoft is no longer working with Jones or Reagent Games on Crackdown 3. “We’re just working with Sumo [Digital] right now,” said Booty. “That’s our main development partner. And as you know, I’m sure you know, any game has got a number of folks that come in to help us with content and some development, but Sumo’s our main ... Sumo is our main partner on Crackdown.”"

Seems like Crackdown 3 is in pretty rough shape which isn't a surprise. Microsoft really needs to get their head out of their asses and whip their first party studios into shape. Nintendo and Sony are killing them in this department and it is not a good look for Microsoft after the lack luster releases of Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2. I will be very surprised now if this game ever makes it to the market, but I think that was pretty much a given. Only time will tell!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

MS has its own cloud team and acquired playfab which specializes in the field, so going to assume they'll be assisting with moving from Dave Jones company to MS in house.

This is most lilekly the reason Crackdown 3 is taking so long after Epic made the purchase, MS had to adapt.

Finally, both reagent and sumo are both independent, MS is just the publisher.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lol it sounds like this game is crowdfunded.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

This series just plain sucks! Why do they keep making them?

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Wasn't this game supposed to use some Cloud technology?

It's always been an overrated series. But Lems prop it up as a major exclusive

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yeah I saw that, what a mess

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Looks like they're stealthily trying to distance themselves from responsibility after making lofty promises during the games announcement.

What happened to MS's E3 boasts about correcting the ship and fully funding their projects from here on out?

Or is Crackdown 3 just too far gone so they are just like F*ck it?

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Bad news...why did they show it at e3 then

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Yeesh! After that E3 this is not the way to start the parade.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

But but but @Pedro told me it has a release month...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Xabiss: This isn't really a first party game... it's second party.

And who knows why the original creators aren't involved anymore. Could be a bunch of reasons... but I (and most people) were never expecting much from C3. It'll be a 6/10 type game at best.

But I'm sure MS will be glad to see the back of it and they can move onto better games.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: lowered expectations....

(Remember mad tv?)

That’s the kinda attitude you need with Xbone lol

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Did you still have confidence that the game would turn out to be anything other than shit? It has been at 5 E3's in a row and still looks bad. If it wasn't exclusive it would get as much hype as Agents of Mayhem got because it looks equally bad.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I kept saying MS’ E3 was smoke and mirrors and lems wouldn’t believe me. If the game was such a disaster why did MS bother showing it and even announced a release month?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@quadknight said:

I kept saying MS’ E3 was smoke and mirrors and lems wouldn’t believe me. If the game was such a disaster why did MS bother showing it and even annou a release month?

They probably just want to release it and be done with it now. They know it's gonna bomb. They're also sending it to die in Q1 going up against RE2, KH3, Anthem, Metro, Days Gone so people won't even noticed it released while playing those other games. Actually smart of MS.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@quadknight said:

I kept saying MS’ E3 was smoke and mirrors and lems wouldn’t believe me. If the game was such a disaster why did MS bother showing it and even annou a release month?

They probably just want to release it and be done with it now. They know it's gonna bomb. They're also sending it to die in Q1 going up against RE2, KH3, Anthem, Metro, Days Gone so people won't even noticed it released while playing those other games. Actually smart of MS.

That’s horrible, and people want me to believe MS is changing? They haven’t changed one bit and I feel sorry for these new studios they just bought.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tgob89

@jtothamtothap said:

Bad news...why did they show it at e3 then

Same reason they showed Scalebound announcing it will be out 2017 at E316 before they cancelled it.

To buff the anemic looking lineup and to convince someone thinking of leaving the xbox ecosystem to have faith and hold on a little longer and give them 1 more XBL subscription.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

Is it not possible that Cloudgine and Reagent Games finished their work on the project and are just no longer needed?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tgob89

@asylumni said:

Is it not possible that Cloudgine and Reagent Games finished their work on the project and are just no longer needed?

About as possible as Phil Spencer's claim that cancelling Scalebound was good for xbox fans...

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Now the Xbox Fanatics were not expecting much from Crackhead 3. I'm sorry, but I expect a lot from all developers of AAA gaming.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Well that sounds a bit troubling. I’m still hoping that the game turns out to be good however if it doesn’t I’m really not going to lose any sleep over it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

What a nightmare this has been for MS Studios.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@quadknight said:

I kept saying MS’ E3 was smoke and mirrors and lems wouldn’t believe me. If the game was such a disaster why did MS bother showing it and even announced a release month?

Lmao... you're so damn salty that MS won E3, aren't you?!

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@quadknight said:

I actually agree... Phil & Co will know that it isn't going to be great (that's why a part of me just wanted them to cancel it - but that would've generated too many bad headlines).

They just need to polish it up a bit and release it and be done with it. Hopefully they break even on it at least.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I don't understand the bad part of this ? Someone tell how this has any negative impact on the game?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

"We acquired five new studios! And we're going to fucking RUIN them!"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

@tormentos said:

You act as if it doesn't. LMAO. I am also glad that I am always your mind. :)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

Please kill this game and move on.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

Sony just has better studios.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Really this isn't very hard to understand, Dave Jones and his new company Cloudgine, which provided a cloud computing service to help power in-game destruction was purchased by Epic. MS could not use that service and had to start over using a different service and tools.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38030 Posts

@Xabiss said:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/20/17483492/crackdown-3-microsoft-developer-reagent-games

"Booty also confirmed that Microsoft is no longer working with Jones or Reagent Games on Crackdown 3. “We’re just working with Sumo [Digital] right now,” said Booty. “That’s our main development partner. And as you know, I’m sure you know, any game has got a number of folks that come in to help us with content and some development, but Sumo’s our main ... Sumo is our main partner on Crackdown.”"

Seems like Crackdown 3 is in pretty rough shape which isn't a surprise. Microsoft really needs to get their head out of their asses and whip their first party studios into shape. Nintendo and Sony are killing them in this department and it is not a good look for Microsoft after the lack luster releases of Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2. I will be very surprised now if this game ever makes it to the market, but I think that was pretty much a given. Only time will tell!

They deserve any backlash they get on Crackdown 3. Cloudgine was bought by EA so they lost any partners they had from them on this and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

As for get their first party studios into shape, Sumo isn't first party, and they just doubled in size. I'm not worried. And acting like anybody expected great AAA franchises outside of their core ones in the immediate future is self dishonesty.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

TBH iv always thought that this series sucked, im surprised it even made it to 2 let alone 3.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38030 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

MS has its own cloud team and acquired playfab which specializes in the field, so going to assume they'll be assisting with moving from Dave Jones company to MS in house.

This is most lilekly the reason Crackdown 3 is taking so long after Epic made the purchase, MS had to adapt.

Finally, both reagent and sumo are both independent, MS is just the publisher.

I guess I missed this. We'll see but I haven't had bigger than Crackdown 2 hopes for this for a while.

But you're right. Going on about their first party and using two independent studios as proof is stupid.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts
@flawlesspoop said:

None of the previews for Days Gone are positive though...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

I don't really understand who even wants another Crackdown.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@Litchie said:

Ah there is some potential in there. At least, that's how I felt about the first entry in the series. I'm not sure if Crackdown 3 will realize that potential. I'll admit that the footage so far hasn't really grabbed me. It's tough too because sandbox games have become more and more prevalent since the inception of Crackdown. They're competing in an already saturated and dominating space.

But maybe, who knows? Perhaps the co-op play will offer something fun here. Especially if you can chain together some pretty wild, destructive and emergent moments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Litchie said:

I do. I thought CD1 was great fun.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts
@jumpaction said:
@Litchie said:

Ah there is some potential in there. At least, that's how I felt about the first entry in the series. I'm not sure if Crackdown 3 will realize that potential. I'll admit that the footage so far hasn't really grabbed me. It's tough too because sandbox games have become more and more prevalent since the inception of Crackdown. They're competing in an already saturated and dominating space.

But maybe, who knows? Perhaps the co-op play will offer something fun here. Especially if you can chain together some pretty wild, destructive and emergent moments.

Yeah, bold part is basically what I meant. I kind of think this game wont be successful whatever they do with it. But who knows. I'm speaking as a dude who've never played any of the Crackdowns.. I'm all for fun games though, so I hope for the best.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FlawlessPoop

@R4gn4r0k said:
@flawlesspoop said:

None of the previews for Days Gone are positive though...

ya, the last gameplay i saw is another step in meh land, looks like a horde simulator.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

@flawlesspoop: Shame because I was expecting a lot from that game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44018 Posts

This is why you can't have nice things. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

You act as if it doesn't. LMAO. I am also glad that I am always your mind. :)

Well it also did on 2017..lol

Always :)

@rrjim1 said:

Really this isn't very hard to understand, Dave Jones and his new company Cloudgine, which provided a cloud computing service to help power in-game destruction was purchased by Epic. MS could not use that service and had to start over using a different service and tools.

Wait wait didn't crackdown 3 used the power of MS cloud? How come now it is cloudgine another company and not MS own cloud azure which is what was advertised long time ago.?

Did i miss something here? Crackdown 3 was advertise as using MS cloud that was 20 times more powerful than the xbox one,how come it uses another cloud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@Litchie said:
@jumpaction said:
@Litchie said:

Yeah, bold part is basically what I meant. I kind of think this game wont be successful whatever they do with it. But who knows. I'm speaking as a dude who've never played any of the Crackdowns.. I'm all for fun games though, so I hope for the best.

I remember being pretty enamored by the first Crackdown game. At the time, I hadn't played as many sandbox games that gave you the super-human abilities and freedom as Crackdown; the ability to sprint at high speeds and leap extremely high was fun, and you could tackle any of the bosses in whichever order you pleased. it was a pretty open game. But now you have inFamous, Just Cause, Spiderman and Saints Row which offer similar freedom, vertical gameplay and super human abilities so it's a pretty tough market to make an impression.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

Wait wait didn't crackdown 3 used the power of MS cloud? How come now it is cloudgine another company and not MS own cloud azure which is what was advertised long time ago.?

Did i miss something here? Crackdown 3 was advertise as using MS cloud that was 20 times more powerful than the xbox one,how come it uses another cloud.

For the most parts, Crackdown 3 at the time was supposed to be part of the always online game DRM before MS had to pull the plug on DRM, it hurt Crackdown 3 due to all the revamping it had to go and to make matters worst, MS underestimate the power of the (so called) Cloud meaning it has it's limits on the console hardware itself. Overall, Crackdown 3 suffer many core changes in the development and adding Terry Crews to the last minute was a smart move but not much to go on until it really releases how far has the game come.

At any case, I'll be playing Crackdown 3 on PC through Game Pass cause I ain't paying full price on this multiple delayed game.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FlawlessPoop

@R4gn4r0k:

me too.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Wonder why Microsoft didn't buy the company, I just assumed the people making Crackdown were owned by MS the way there were hyping the shit out of it.

So now MS only owns the game in name only, what a mess. I guess MS really did something to EPIC games to piss them off, pulling out of making Gears, then buying all the tech from the company making CD3, then stealing the main developers and ceasing development. Harsh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

I doubt this is a big deal breaker for the game. IIRC MS has their OWN cloud engine. However... This is why MS needs to STOP depending on third party devs to make their games because we get messes like this.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@blessedbyhorus said:

I doubt this is a big deal breaker for the game. IIRC MS has their OWN cloud engine. However... This is why MS needs to STOP depending on third party devs to make their games because we get messes like this.

Yep, Bungie, EPIC and Remedy have really come back to **** MS in the arse recently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

@ten_pints:

Never seen any bad blood between MS and Remedy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Sig bet that Days Gone scores better than Crackdown 3?