Resolution and Hypocrisy of the New Gen

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@tagyhag said:

I'd like to start with saying that this is NOT a thread to defend the Xbone, I personally think 720p is inexcusable and even 1080p is too low.

Starting with Ryse and now many other games like KI and COD, people have been laughing at the Bone for its low resolution, claiming that 720p is just a blurry mess.

Now that's fine, but these are the same people who, 2 years ago, would gladly claim that resolution above 720p was not needed because you couldn't tell the difference that far from the television.

Now, you could say that with a new gen, come new standards, but if 720p really is that horrible, then what the hell were people playing these past 8 years?

On another note, it's the same with FPS. 30FPS was all you needed apparently, but now 60fps or it's unplayable?

If people expect 1080p/60fps from every game from either console, they have another thing coming. (But by then, I assume people will just go back to last gen's standards.)

I for one thank you tagy. Now I disagree, 720p is not inexcusable. Putting a grenade in a home console is inexcusable. And 1080p isn't too low. I was just playing MGS and it was below 720p and I still play it, and love it. And Id play any game that way because I love gaming. Is is cool to have 1080p? Yes, unless your a PC gamer and then I guess that's inexcusable. As far as new gen/new standards well if "standards" limit my enjoyment of games, I don't want them. People need to realize, nobody forces a standard on anyone. You either make a conscious decision to no longer like what you already let yourself, or you don't. It is funny how with a new "standard" everyones eyesight suddenly got worse and what was clear in January before the console reveals is now "a blurry mess" I smell BS.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#52 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Yep.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By cainetao11

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Fanboys being hypocrites? Nothing new.

I'd say lems are even worse with their crusade on these forums and elsewhere to try and convince others that there's no difference if you sit far enough away from your television, combine that with Cheeto's filters and sharpening so rediculous that it causes halo's. I'd be way more excited for nextgen if the ps4 was the only game system available to me.

But of course it was perfectly fine to pick apart early-midlife cycle multiplats, differences in resolution that were minuscule in comparison to what we are seeing now.

You've been here since 2012. Your assessment of lems, cows, sheep, and hermits lacks any real time with them.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Cows are an awful bunch.

No surprise there.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

I'd say lems are even worse with their crusade on these forums and elsewhere to try and convince others that there's no difference if you sit far enough away from your television, combine that with Cheeto's filters and sharpening so rediculous that it causes halo's. I'd be way more excited for nextgen if the ps4 was the only game system available to me.

But of course it was perfectly fine to pick apart early-midlife cycle multiplats, differences in resolution that were minuscule in comparison to what we are seeing now.

You've been here since 2012. Your assessment of lems, cows, sheep, and hermits lacks any real time with them.

You're kidding right?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cainetao11

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

You're kidding right?

Well you always seemed sharper than that. Maybe I was wrong.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 cainetao11

@ReadingRainbow4: I guess this is where our own allegiances will step in. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is worse than Cows not fighting sony for free online, after 8 years of "it should be free" threads, and most of all, Petitioning Capcom and other companies for making DMC4 and other games multiplat. To have the gall to tell a company to turn down higher revenue because it should be loyal to sony fans is the highmark of brain dead fanboyism.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@heretrix said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Yep.

True that.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Mhmm, what makes you so sure I didn't visit before 2012?

You might not like what I have to say, but all fanboy groups are capable of idiotic behavior. You really think resolution disputes didn't happen before the xbone and ps4? over much lesser discrepancies might I add.

Paying for online sucks but atleast they get some free games that actually look good out of the deal, I believe it's a bit cheaper than Live as well.

No allegiance here, I can see the hypocrisy on each side. I just find the argument for sitting further back from the TV a much more comical one.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

no.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

all fanboy factions are the same. Cows are the most vocal for now bcuz of how sony has handled the ps4.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

If you go by cows logic for next gen then the XBox was better than the PS2

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63  Edited By Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You might not like what I have to say, but all fanboy groups are capable of idiotic behavior.

This has been said zillions of times but doesn't seem to be sinking in; nobody is saying cows are the only idiotic fanboys. They are saying cows are the *most* idiotic fanboys.

Constantly replying with 'but all fanboys are stupid!' only makes it appear as though you have god-awful reading comprehension.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cainetao11

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You might not like what I have to say, but all fanboy groups are capable of idiotic behavior. You really think resolution disputes didn't happen before the xbone and ps4? over much lesser discrepancies might I add.

Paying for online sucks but atleast they get some free games that actually look good out of the deal, I believe it's a bit cheaper than Live as well.

No allegiance here, I can see the hypocrisy on each side. I just find the argument for sitting further back from the TV a much more comical one.

I read many profiles on GS yours says your a member since 1/2012. Now as my sarcastic reply tried to imply, I thought you were sharp enough to, yes as you originally asked, see I was joking. I take it as granted that many have come here before as different screen names. Paying for online sucks. Now free games doesn't answer the question I have asked multiple times: why shouldn't it be free now? It was a principle thing for all those cows hating Live, but I guess that moral grandstanding was BS as a few leased (if I'm paying they aint free) games a month negates those morals. I don't buy the no allegiances cry. I've always owned a PS console and an Xbox console but I lean towards lem no doubt. Don't think its hard for anyone here to know where you lean. and its all good.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ninja-Hippo said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You might not like what I have to say, but all fanboy groups are capable of idiotic behavior.

This has been said zillions of times but doesn't seem to be sinking in; nobody is saying cows are the only idiotic fanboys. They are saying cows are the *most* idiotic fanboys.

Constantly replying with 'but all fanboys are stupid!' only makes it appear as though you have god-awful reading comprehension.

Sorry, but i'm not the one using a blanket statement to try and prove a point.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

720P/60FPS/Kinect/$500<<<<<<<<< $400/1080P/60FPS

End of discussion.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

@Gue1 said:

different gen different standards. Your entire argument is a massive ball of fail. Go play some Super Nintendo and stay there forever.

And 1080p is not too low. That's the highest resolution output of modern TVs. This is not PC gaming, we don't game on 20 inches monitors.

PS4 > Xbone

go cry me a river

So you have just admitted that UC3 and MSG4 are blurry messes by your new standards. Thanks for playing. :>

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

ManInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ManInFlames
Member since 2013 • 434 Posts

Love all of the butthurt from closet lems in this thread, IE Ninja hippo, clyde, heretrix, lundy. The only reason cows are considered teh worstz is cause they've dominated System Wars for decades.