Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

There's no way RE8 is better than RE7. Story is actually worse than RE7, gameplay is ether worse or feels the same as RE7, boss/mini boss battles are literal dog crap.

Without giving too much there's a plot twist that's dumb AF. The enemies are stupid as hell, namely the Lycans. Everything they did to make Ethan a likeable character is ruined in RE8.

Dimitrescu and Heisenberg are probably the only strong positive things in RE8, loved both of their characters. Also loved the RE4 reference the Duke knows the merchant from RE4

I just felt that RE8 is more open areas compare to RE7 and the pacing in RE8 is more flesh out. I like the different enemies types this time around and the Molded monsters in 7 wasn't as good and they really didn't do that much, and compare to 8, there's more types of how to deal with them. Ethan to me is also more flesh out as I didn't like it in 7 cause he felt more wooden but not this time around. One thing I'll say is I didn't like how they handle Dimitrescu daughters in this game. They were wasted. I agree both Lady Dimitrescu & Heisenberg are great addition to the game but that's all I'll say for now. Also, blocking is kinda overpower but than again, Ethan isn't known for dealing with crowd control so I'll take it what it is.

@kazumakiryu21 said:

Lady Dimitrescu really a vampire? sucks blood off her victims? or a mutant like mr X?

Hardly a Vampire. She stood out to me as being a potential female Tyrant...which really isn't that important in itself, but she also wasn't a mute killing machine. I just liked how fancy Lady Dimitrescu is and if Capcom knew that Lady Dimitrescu would be this popular, they probably would had made half the game be her castle.

Another thing I appreciate RE8 has, it's mostly into Gothic cause I'm a Goth fan myself.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#152 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@davillain- said:
@hardwenzen said:

Not many are playing the game or what's up? Big title and this thread is dead.

I'm still playing the game as we speak and already talk about it here. Just got done with Lady Dimitrescu Castle without given any spoilers, all I can say is, RE8 is a huge improvements over RE7, I'll likely never go back to playing RE7 now.

Edit: Is there anything else you want to know about RE8?

Right, but RE7 was complete shit. Saying RE8 is better and you won't go back to 7 is like crawling up the toilet drain and choosing to hang out in the toilet bowl because it's better than the sewer.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@eoten: RE7 wasn't that bad and as a matter of fact, RE7 was the return what makes a good RE game because RE6 nearly hurt the series and if it wasn't for Capcom listening to its fan, RE7 wouldn't be the game that needed a fresh start. That said, I played it 2 times and was gonna go back for the 3rd time but after playing RE8, it makes it hard to go back and play RE7 lol.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#154 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@davillain- said:

@eoten: RE7 wasn't that bad and as a matter of fact, RE7 was the return what makes a good RE game because RE6 nearly hurt the series and if it wasn't for Capcom listening to its fan, RE7 wouldn't be the game that needed a fresh start. That said, I played it 2 times and was gonna go back for the 3rd time but after playing RE8, it makes it hard to go back and play RE7 lol.

Meh RE7 wasn't really a RE game, it was a good game but it was a crap RE game. RE2 remake is the pinnacle of what a RE game is and shows why people have loved the series for 25 years. RE3 remake was a decent RE game as well but what killed it for the fans was it was short and cut a lot of content from the original, if they added a good 8 more hours into RE3 remake it would be a top 3 or 4 RE game.

The pacing in RE8 is pretty damn bad with the amount of back tracking which the RE series is known for but this game they cranked it up to 20. When you get to a certain section in the game it kills the pacing even more cause it feels out of place. I won't even go into what they did with Ethan since it's spoilers but what they did to the man...it's dirty and is probably the biggest plot hole in RE history.

The stories so far in RE7/RE8 have been the lowest in the RE series since they keep on adding new "viruses" to the series it just gets old very fast. You have the T/G virus, Uroboros, Plaga, a few of the random other viruses in other RE games and you have this crap "Mold" in RE7 and RE8. I'm expecting RE10 to be about a virus that came from sea basses.

I do agree I did love the design to the castle, that's probably one of the most well designed areas in a RE game

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#155  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@davillain- said:

Resident Evil 7 was so cheesy, out of place with a completely different pace and style that it felt more like Capcom bought some generic FPS indie survival horror title and rebranded it. It'd have made more sense if it was just some indie survival horror game instead of trying to ham-fist it somewhere into the Resident Evil plot. If you think that was a good Resident Evil title, then being complete and totally blunt you need to stop listening to paid reviewers giving this shit a 9/10, and develop some standards.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Played the first hour and a half of the game. Really enjoying it so far. I like the campiness lol. The only thing that was off was the initial Lycan attacks. It was a bit confusing and also the frame dropped often. Didn't seem well optimized.