Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I don't usually post comparison videos outside of DF but I wanted to make this one because of the whole "parity clause" thing a week or so ago.

As you can see, the Series X looks identical to the PS5 in all modes. What you'll also notice is that the Series X outperforms the PS5 in RT mode. Had the clause meant what some thought, the Series X would perform identically or worse than the PS5. Hopefully, this clarifies these clauses for people and also clarifies that all companies have these kinds of conditions for multiplatform games. It doesn't mean gimp the other versions. It means don't gimp our version unless it technically can't run.

And here's DF:

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Some users just want some system war actions especially after all that beating they took last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

RT on consoles? Lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

You say that, but I doubt your current PC blows Series X or PS5 out of the water.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The graphics in this game are horrendous. And WTF is that RT implementation? Did they even try?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69363 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

The graphics in this game are horrendous. And WTF is that RT implementation? Did they even try?

Horrendous? I agree RT is practically useless in this game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38714 Posts

The graphics are indeed some real outdated garbage. Outside of the facial details, does this game even looking better in any kind of ways when compared to their 2016 RE7? I don't know what plant DF was smoking when they were saying how incredible the visuals are.

And i can never get over how incredibly shitty the physics are with this engine. You see a bunch of wine bottles on a table. Knife that shit and nothing happens. Shoot it, and nothing. Its like we're going back 25y. Like in what game can you not break bottles lmao.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

The graphics are indeed some real outdated garbage. Outside of the facial details, does this game even looking better in any kind of ways when compared to their 2016 RE7? I don't know what plant DF was smoking when they were saying how incredible the visuals are.

Well the indoor rooms look pretty good, but the outdoor foliage and settings do look pretty bad. Probably on purpose for VR.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen  Online

@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:

Well the indoor rooms look pretty good, but the outdoor foliage and settings do look pretty bad. Probably on purpose for VR.

Yes, indoors do look better, but i am hearing so much praise for their engine and i just don't see it. Should have used UE4, would've looked way better and you could break the god damn wine bottles.

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

The graphics in this game are horrendous.

That's... a bold statement from someone who bought Switch...

lol j/k

Anyways, i almost forgot the PC demo was out. I should check it out.

/EDIT: I'm gonna pass, another "timed" demo, wtf Capcom...🤦🏻‍♂️

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

And i can never get over how incredibly shitty the physics are with this engine. You see a bunch of wine bottles on a table. Knife that shit and nothing happens. Shoot it, and nothing. Its like we're going back 25y. Like in what game can you not break bottles lmao.

Yeah, the graphics look rough on some parts. It looks noticeably better than RE7, but not really much. RT is subtle AF and you won't see it most of the time.

For the physics, happy to say they've got *some* destruction now. You can now destroy jars and plates!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:
@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

You say that, but I doubt your current PC blows Series X or PS5 out of the water.

PC blows all consoles out of the water, and it has nothing to do with the hardware.

The hardware is just icing on the cake.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@mrbojangles25: No it doesn’t. It appeals to some people more, and others less.

Nothing blows anything out of the water for everybody.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

Wake me up when this game is available for PSVR2

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@goldenelementxl: I agree. The graphics in that demo sucked. Looked like last gen to me

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
@louixiii said:

@goldenelementxl: I agree. The graphics in that demo sucked. Looked like last gen to me

Aren't the last gen versions running at 30 frames per second? The graphics looked okay to me :P

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

Would it matter? Look at a comparison of the game with ray tracing on vs off. No noticeable difference except in some cases it looked worse with it on, not to mention the frame rate drop. It's a joke people fell for that gimmick in the first place. But that joke quickly became sad when enough paid shills managed to convince enough ignorant gamers to demand it in next gen gaming.

RT fails to show its value in another next gen title yet again.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Again, it's a gimmick to sell GPUs. Compared to good rasterized shaders, the shaders will look better. That is why the paid shills who have been hyping it the last few years use games with shaders that are dated as **** to make it look like magic in comparison. Why do you think the the most popular game used to demo ray tracing is frickin' Minecraft?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@eoten said:
@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Again, it's a gimmick to sell GPUs. Compared to good rasterized shaders, the shaders will look better. That is why the paid shills who have been hyping it the last few years use games with shaders that are dated as **** to make it look like magic in comparison. Why do you think the the most popular game used to demo ray tracing is frickin' Minecraft?

What kind of fps you would have in a tripple AAA game that was fully pathed like Minecraft or Quake RTX are? you cant be that dumb and please do explain why faked lighting would produce more natural lighting than ray traced one. Bet your ass every dev would be jumping to RT all of that stuff if the performance tax wasnt as high as the workload is much less than faking it

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@WESTBLADE85 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

The graphics in this game are horrendous.

That's... a bold statement from someone who bought Switch...

lol j/k

Anyways, i almost forgot the PC demo was out. I should check it out.

/EDIT: I'm gonna pass, another "timed" demo, wtf Capcom...🤦🏻‍♂️

You can turn the timer off on PC but there's no need really as you can finish the village demo easily in under 30 minutes without even rushing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

PC blows all consoles out of the water, and it has nothing to do with the hardware.

The hardware is just icing on the cake.

This is totally the correct answer. I will say the graphics are okay, I don't care about the raw graphics in RE8, it's all about performance and stability is all I'm worry about. That said, I think the graphics in RE8 is legit on current-gen consoles but the PC version with higher framerates & more graphic settings is the most important feature.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Some users just want some system war actions especially after all that beating they took last gen.

I think the idea that Sony could outbid MS on parity is massively stupid. Especially with all the money they waste on Xbox.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

/thread

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

another easy xbox win

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

:P

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6860 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

It looks alot better then RE7. Much nicer textures and IQ, the level density is more impressive as well.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silentchief
@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

The RT on Spiderman MM and the upcoming R&C look pretty good. Other then that I haven't seen much from it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silentchief

So 2 extra T flops on the XSX gets you an occasional 2 fps advantage for a split second. Lol!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
Loading Video...

I don't usually post comparison videos outside of DF but I wanted to make this one because of the whole "parity clause" thing a week or so ago.

As you can see, the Series X looks identical to the PS5 in all modes. What you'll also notice is that the Series X outperforms the PS5 in RT mode. Had the clause meant what some thought, the Series X would perform identically or worse than the PS5. Hopefully, this clarifies these clauses for people and also clarifies that all companies have these kinds of conditions for multiplatform games. It doesn't mean gimp the other versions. It means don't gimp our version unless it technically can't run.

So the XSX is undeniably more powerful than the PS5 but us identical in all modes except RT and that someone is supposed to mean there is no parity clause? The fact that it's identical in all modes should tell you otherwise especially since the XSX is without question the more powerful console. Somehow I don't think you proved your point

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

The RT on Spiderman MM and the upcoming R&C look pretty good. Other then that I haven't seen much from it.

check Control

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Hopefully, this clarifies these clauses for people and also clarifies that all companies have these kinds of conditions for multiplatform games. It doesn't mean gimp the other versions. It means don't gimp our version unless it technically can't run.

That's how I read it, it was pretty straightforward.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
Loading Video...

So the XSX is undeniably more powerful than the PS5 but us identical in all modes except RT and that someone is supposed to mean there is no parity clause? The fact that it's identical in all modes should tell you otherwise especially since the XSX is without question the more powerful console. Somehow I don't think you proved your point

The advantage Series X has here is that it has a more stable framerate despite having similar image quality to the PS5. But despite that, the Series X can still drop a frame or two occasionally. So what exactly do you want to see?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

@shellcase86 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Hopefully, this clarifies these clauses for people and also clarifies that all companies have these kinds of conditions for multiplatform games. It doesn't mean gimp the other versions. It means don't gimp our version unless it technically can't run.

That's how I read it, it was pretty straightforward.

It's like they're trying to see what's not there.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kingtito

@Zero_epyon: I don't want to see anything. I was pointing out that it's identical in every mode except RT which you said proves there is no parity clause and since we clearly know, without a doubt, which one has more power I don't believe it proves your point.

Mind you, I only own the PS5 so it doesn't make any difference to me.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

I knew the XSX will do RT better since it has more CUs.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silentchief

@howmakewood said:
@silentchief said:
@Random_Matt said:

RT on consoles? Lol.

check Control

I have it, got it for free on PS+. It doesn't look bad but the game in general doesn't look impressive to me. The RT isn't bad though.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silentchief
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
Loading Video...

The advantage Series X has here is that it has a more stable framerate despite having similar image quality to the PS5. But despite that, the Series X can still drop a frame or two occasionally. So what exactly do you want to see?

He wants that 30 to 40% difference lemmings thought they were going to get. The problem is most logical people told them that would never happen. The gap between the consoles is small not sure how many developers need to say it or head to heads they need to see.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: I knew the XSX will do RT better since it has more CUs.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: I knew the XSX will do RT better since it has more CUs.

The wellfare RT on both consoles hardly makes a difference.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:

@Zero_epyon: I don't want to see anything. I was pointing out that it's identical in every mode except RT which you said proves there is no parity clause and since we clearly know, without a doubt, which one has more power I don't believe it proves your point.

Xbox has more CUs and more RT cores and it performs better at RT. If the clause meant the opposite, then the Series X would either be dropping as much as the PS5 or worse. But we're seeing an Xbox advantage. How does that not prove my point? What would the Series X version need to do more so that you're convinced?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingtito

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

Xbox has more CUs and more RT cores and it performs better at RT. If the clause meant the opposite, then the Series X would either be dropping as much as the PS5 or worse. But we're seeing an Xbox advantage. How does that not prove my point? What would the Series X version need to do more so that you're convinced?

I don't think so. You think if it meant what it means the Dev is supposed to introduce drops to match the PS5? If it's virtually identical then that's parity. It wouldn't have to match it exactly for it to be the same.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kingtito

@silentchief: Sorry alt but you're clueless about everything you waste time posting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

PC>XSX>PS5 as we all new the case would be.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Silentchief

@kingtito said:

@silentchief: Sorry alt but you're clueless about everything you waste time posting.

These are facts clown. I can look at poster history and idiot YouTubers like Dealer-Gaming to show how clueless your fanbase is.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kingtito

@silentchief said:
@kingtito said:

These are facts clown. I can look at poster history and idiot YouTubers like Dealer-Gaming to show how clueless your fanbase is.

Sure kid...stay clueless

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

I don't think so. You think if it meant what it means the Dev is supposed to introduce drops to match the PS5? If it's virtually identical then that's parity. It wouldn't have to match it exactly for it to be the same.

What some people thought the clause meant was that the PS5 version had to be the best looking and performing version and other version had to be identical or worse. As if Sony is paying to sabotage the development of other platforms. What we see here is Xbox performing better with similar graphical fidelity. Don't forget that the game looks identical on last gen platforms as well. If you want to know why it doesn't look better, look no further than the PS4 and Xbox One, not some contract wording.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Don't know if this been said but RE8 will have Denuvo but I don't know if it'll effect performance on PC but it is said there's a day one patch. Guess I'll find out once I play it this Friday.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

@silentchief said:

So 2 extra T flops on the XSX gets you an occasional 2 fps advantage for a split second. Lol!

The world's most powerful fastest fridge-looking console.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen  Online

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

It looks alot better then RE7. Much nicer textures and IQ, the level density is more impressive as well.

Sweet gawd i can only imagie how bad RE7 textures were if RE8 is an improvement. I also feel like RE2R is better looking than RE8.