• 50 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

uninspiredcup  Online

Poll Resident Evil 4 Remake VS Last Of Us 1/2 (49 votes)

Resident Evil 4 Remake 65%
Last Of Us 1/2 35%

Both of these were video games that released on hardware run by electricity. Which was better?

RE4

No Caption Provided

Pros - Resident Evil is better and actually fun

Cons - Terrible Ada Voice actress who inadvertently actively promoted racism, and deserved to be bullied

Last Of Us 1/2

No Caption Provided

Pros - This poll is very advantageous as it's two games against one and a not an inferior remake (original RE4 is better) (and still flawed)

Cons - Game journos like it

Please provide your own superior reasoning.

• 
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Why do I feel like TC hasn't played all three games 🤔

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

Not this again.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I haven't played TLOU2 but I'd take RE4 over TLOU1, regardless of the version.

TLOU had a great story, but the pacing was off and I found it a slog to finish.

RE4 is pretty goofy story/character wise, but it's a masterclass of pacing, level design and gameplay. its just a ton of fun to play through.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Resident Evil 4 Remake for me all day, everyday.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

I haven't played TLOU2 but I'd take RE4 over TLOU1, regardless of the version.

Oh yea, forgot different versions.

For the sake of clarity, we are also including The Last of Us: Left Behind, and both versions (le remake) nobody asked for.

Now it's super advantageous.

(and it's still losing)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Much prefer RE4 (either version) over TLOU1. Different types of games, different goals, but I love a good action game and RE4 is that. Especially the OG, not some weird in-between of trying to retain its action game roots while simultaneously trying to be a "weighty" ie. less responsive modern AAA game. TLOU had its moments, but not something I'd even humor in the same category as RE4.

Only played a bit of TLOU2, not really enough for an informed opinion. Heard from plenty of trustworthy peeps that the gameplay bangs in certain sections, when it actually lets you play. And I do love some tight stealth/action, seen many draw comparisons to MGSV. Pretty sure RE4 would still come out on top, great pace, just rapid fire on some killer encounter design. Even if TLOU2's different gameplay approach is equally good, seems the overall package would fall short for me.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3047 Posts

Can I pick Galaga? I would rather play that.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Oh my goodness, this is a tough one.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

a remake of a game considered to be up there as a goat contender for many, vs two games known for their heavy handed story telling and cinematics, which this forum notoriously hates, the second of which was highly polarising even amongst the fan base... hmm i wonder which way this will go lol.

must admit get bored with the soapboxing on this forum from people about how much they hate movie games. "i prefer games with gameplay." yeah no shit, who doesn't. not saying criticism isn't well deserved in a lot of cases but it can all feel a bit too virtue signally for me at times.

i haven't finished re4r yet, but it's very good. i can see why it's so highly revered. but i also feel like i'm not going to get the same buzz out of it as those who played the original (i didn't). combat's good, it's challenging, the inventory management makes it more strategic and thoughtful. the puzzles are fun, it's cheesy as hell but it also feels a bit dated (naturally) in its formula. it's going to take something ridiculously special to knock demon's souls off its perch as my favourite remake. another game i never played first time round, and even though the original is four years older than re4, it's formula has aged much better for me.

as far as tlou1 goes i really like it.

@with_teeth26 said:

TLOU had a great story, but the pacing was off and I found it a slog to finish.

interesting, it's the only game of its kind that i think nailed the pacing and got the right balance between story telling and gameplay. the gameplay is simplistic but it's fun enough (i really like stealth, even stealth-lites). and the story is a great video game story i.e. is told in a way that actually suits the medium.

tlou2 is so frustrating. there is some genuinely top tier, white knuckle survival stealth gameplay in there (if you crank the difficulty) with fantastic enemy ai, but its deeply buried beneath far too much story, forced walking and momentum killing flashback scenes. the underlying story is actually really good (the daughter of the surgeon joel killed to save ellie at the end of the first game coming after them for revenge is a great premise). the delivery is just all wrong though

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ConanTheStoner
@Macutchi said:

must admit get bored with the soapboxing on this forum from people about how much they hate movie games. "i prefer games with gameplay." yeah no shit, who doesn't. not saying criticism isn't well deserved in a lot of cases but it can all feel a bit too virtue signally for me at times.

It got way too dumb, yeah. One of those things that kinda started as a joke. People act like it's a real crit now, broadly throw all kinds of games in the "movie game" category. Obviously doesn't say much about the game, says nothing of the gameplay quality, etc. They're all basically Uncharted now lol.

Often hypocritical too. One guy on here bashes anything Sony makes as having no gameplay - Oops, also very much a fan of Hellblade. Says it's "not as bad as Sony games". 😂 Another guy with the same attitude. But oh, btw, can't get on with SM64 because it doesn't have enough story lol. And of course we know about Ghosts and his Mafia/CoD in tunnel love.

Annoying shit tbh, basically just ignore it. Evaluate each games merits individually.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@Macutchi said:

a remake of a game considered to be up there as a goat contender for many, vs two games known for their heavy handed story telling and cinematics, which this forum notoriously hates, the second of which was highly polarising even amongst the fan base... hmm i wonder which way this will go lol.

i haven't finished re4r yet, but it's very good. i can see why it's so highly revered. but i also feel like i'm not going to get the same buzz out of it as those who played the original (i didn't). combat's good, it's challenging, the inventory management makes it more strategic and thoughtful. the puzzles are fun, it's cheesy as hell but it also feels a bit dated (naturally) in its formula. it's going to take something ridiculously special to knock demon's souls off its perch as my favourite remake. another game i never played first time round, and even though the original is four years older than re4, it's formula has aged much better for me.

unless i'm misunderstanding this sentence, i'm pretty sure the original Demon's Souls came out a number of years after the original RE4 release. I think you have it backwards.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Macutchi  Online

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Macutchi said:

It got way too dumb, yeah. One of those things that kinda started as a joke. People act like it's a real crit now, broadly throw all kinds of games in the "movie game" category. Obviously doesn't say much about the game, says nothing of the gameplay quality, etc. They're all basically Uncharted now lol.

Often hypocritical too. One guy on here bashes anything Sony makes as having no gameplay - Oops, also very much a fan of Hellblade. Says it's "not as bad as Sony games". 😂 Another guy with the same attitude. But oh, btw, can't get on with SM64 because it doesn't have enough story lol. And of course we know about Ghosts and his Mafia/CoD in tunnel love.

Annoying shit tbh, basically just ignore it. Evaluate each games merits individually.

100% mate. it does get annoying particularly when there's double standards at play, mainly through brand loyalty or hatred or just being plain oblivious to it lol. if there's substance behind it, no problems but instantly dismissing games without any willingness to discuss or acknowledge any merit is what gets me.

we all loathe forced walking sequences. course we do, goes without saying. i think ive seen one person on here downplay them, said they could be skipped or rushed through. i asked to give examples and didnt get an answer. but it's not to say a game is instantly terrible because of them. days gone for e.g. has one of the most tortuous sequences out there, where youre forced to go walking picking flowers, and its got glacial pacing story wise, takes like 10 hours to get going. but it does have some redeemable aspects. mechanically it's surprisingly solid and the horde is a fantastic but criminally underused aspect. still a 6/10 at best and definitely suffers from movie game tropes but not without merit

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Macutchi  Online
@with_teeth26 said:
@Macutchi said:

unless i'm misunderstanding this sentence, i'm pretty sure the original Demon's Souls came out a number of years after the original RE4 release. I think you have it backwards.

you are absolutely right mate, i meant the other way round, and cos youve quoted me i cant edit it lol, cheers teeth

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

Lol, I love these threads. RE4 heck yeah. Though this time it's not just cow bashing. RE4 is just that good. And I also really liked tlou.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 5966 Posts

Why do these polls never have an "other" option?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@Macutchi said:

we all loathe forced walking sequences. course we do, goes without saying. i think ive seen one person on here downplay them, said they could be skipped or rushed through. i asked to give examples and didnt get an answer.

lol yeah, I saw that. Same person who once tried to convince me Uncharted has better platforming than Mario. Big softie for Sony to say the least, and yeah, often dishonest arguments.

I get you man, multiple things can be true. Game can have rough stretches and still have some banger gameplay sections. Some of my favs are lopsided in various ways.

@Macutchi said:

100% mate. it does get annoying particularly when there's double standards at play, mainly through brand loyalty or hatred or just being plain oblivious to it lol. if there's substance behind it, no problems but instantly dismissing games without any willingness to discuss or acknowledge any merit is what gets me.

Can attribute a lot of it to fanboy shit for sure. But also, just a lot of this forum sucks at actually discussing games. Gamers are uniquely bad at criticism, but this forum can be next level at times. It's why so many people here jerk off to sales and scores, can just point to a number for validation. Similar with the movie game thing, low hanging fruit. Don't have to know shit about the game, don't have to discuss its various components in any level of detail. Easy drive by "crit".

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11245 Posts

@Macutchi: The Last of Us is literally top 5 on any greatest game of all time list.

The Last of Us 2 was also literally the most awarded game in history.

Politics and agenda aside and TLOU2 would have 100% positive fanbased feedback, just like the reviews which were almost universally 10/10 left, right and centre.

TLOU is also runner-up game of the decade, behind Zelda:BOTW which btw often gets referred to as #1 game of all time on many of those lists TLOU always gets a top 3-5 spot on.

Watch TLOU2 end up as runner up game of the decade after Elden Ring in 6-7 years time.

You make it sound as if TLOU 1 & TLOU 2 are two random story games, both are arguably of even higher regard than RE4, which itself is in the top 15 highest rated games of all time with a staggering 96 @ metacritic.

Its a *very* even match but TLOU > TLOU2 > RE4

• TLOU - top 5 GOAT
  • TLOU2 - top 10 GOAT
  • RE4 - Top 15 GOAT

though 80% of this sub are butthurt Sony haters so anything over 20% for TLOU in this poll is a decisive victory for TLOU.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Yeah, movie game joke was funny back in gen 7. When Uncharted, was what basically defined Sony first party.

Nowadays? They are moving away from the cinematic stuff, focusing more on open world gameplay (See: Horizon, Ghosts of Tsushima, Spiderman). They have a pretty healthy diversity of high profile games these days, so the movie game joke no longer really applies. And games like TLOU have stellar mechanics, in spite of its heavy handed storytelling.

I still find their games to be largely boring, but that is a personal preference thing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

RE4 by far. its not even comparision.

TLOU is walking talking movie game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi  Online
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Macutchi: The Last of Us is literally top 5 on any greatest game of all time list.

neither are in metacritic's all time top 20 across all platforms for both critics and user scores. not that mc is the arbiter of quality or anything but this is sw pal, dont take it to heart, we know you love those games and will militantly defend them to the hilt. they're some of my favourites too (ish)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@Macutchi: I think it has more to do with the change TLOU caused inside the industry than people straight up hating TLOU part 1 on here.

Look, I'm all up for a good TLOU clone like say Plague Tale Innocense and Plage Tale Requiem are.

But some games bombard you with cutscenes nowadays and I'm sitting in front of the screen for half an hour and the game hasn't even let me play for 5 minutes. Those games man... what a bunch.

The games I'm talking about copied the worst parts of TLOU but somehow decided to remove the best parts, the parts of it that worked so well (ie a good story and satisfying gameplay).

Heck even one of my favourite games of all time, Quantum Break, can be described as failing to capture The Last of Us: you watch cutscenes for half an hour, you watch a TV show for an hour and then it lets you play for 15 minutes. Something definitely feels off for the gamer.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Macutchi: I think it has more to do with the change TLOU caused inside the industry than people straight up hating TLOU part 1 on here.

Look, I'm all up for a good TLOU clone like say Plague Tale Innocense and Plage Tale Requiem are.

But some games bombard you with cutscenes nowadays and I'm sitting in front of the screen for half an hour and the game hasn't even let me play for 5 minutes. Those games man... what a bunch.

The games I'm talking about copied the worst parts of TLOU but somehow decided to remove the best parts, the parts of it that worked so well (ie a good story and satisfying gameplay).

Heck even one of my favourite games of all time, Quantum Break, can be described as failing to capture The Last of Us: you watch cutscenes for half an hour, you watch a TV show for an hour and then it lets you play for 15 minutes. Something definitely feels off for the gamer.

Star Wars Jedi games kinda does it right with the cutscenes and gameplay style giving it a perfect balanced by not trying to be TLOU or the Mario gameplay, just a well nice balanced game is why I adore Jedi Survivor.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

As for which game is better.

TLOU1&2. RE4R was not as good as the original. Whereas TLOU1&2, was not only a new experience, but arguably has better mechanics and writing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

Star Wars Jedi games kinda does it right with the cutscenes and gameplay style giving it a perfect balanced by not trying to be TLOU or the Mario gameplay, just a well nice balanced game is why I adore Jedi Survivor.

yeah, it doesn't try to be a Star Wars movie. And it still gets the gameplay across.

A lot of people on here bitch on Wolfenstein, and I don't say they are wrong. But for me, I didn't mind the cutscenes and I absolutely adore the gameplay that MachineGames has crafted.

I wish you a lot of enjoyment in your future Survivor playsessions, I heard there is gonna be a pach adressing performance and traversal stutters somewhat :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I donno. Every time the little shit walked into a cave he held his light-saber up like a torch (the developers thought this was some Hideo Kojima shit) (because they light up, get it?) he starts walking like someone's broke his knee caps. Or you get the automated repeated crap in the wall where just sit and watch the animation hobble along. Also it largely has pointless platforming stuff is as it feels almost entirely automated. Grew up on stuff like Tomb Raider 2 where every button was designed around it rather than "push forward"

I hate it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: The latest patch does address the game's performance and does it well on my end. Using RT is still broken so if you wanna use that, I'd say wait until it gets patch. I'm already on my NG+ so I'll be playing the game for awhile.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

I donno. Every time the little shit walked into a cave he held his light-saber up like a torch (the developers thought this was some Hideo Kojima shit) (because they light up, get it?) he starts walking like someone's broke his knee caps. Or you get the automated repeated crap in the wall where just sit and watch the animation hobble along. Also it largely has pointless platforming stuff is as it feels almost entirely automated. Grew up on stuff like Tomb Raider 2 where every button was designed around it rather than "push forward"

I hate it.

Your criticism is valid, and bit by bit games and game mechanics have been dumbed down in these AAA releases.

I guess the platforming in Jedi is there to make the player discover more and more parts of the level at his own pace, instead of punishing him for any misstep with an instant death state.

Also I was just gonna watch this:

Loading Video...

Ultimate raging fanboy

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k: Revenge Of The Sith is literally greatest movie of all time and anyone who criticizes its excellent dialogue should be shot. (great romance as well)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

@R4gn4r0k: Revenge Of The Sith is literally greatest movie of all time and anyone who criticizes its excellent dialogue should be shot. (great romance as well)

Never understood the hate for Hayden or Jar Jar and they felt like the kids in school that were picked on so I always felt the need to stand up for them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Macutchi  Online

@uninspiredcup: you missed a trick not starting that sentence with "from my point of view..." ;)

@R4gn4r0k: i think you're right about devs jumping on the tlou bandwagon without fully understanding what made the game so good. just because gaming tech is powerful enough to create a movie like experience, doesnt mean you can lift and shift a movie into the medium and it'll just work. it's the old jurassic park quote about too preoccupied with whether they could, they didnt stop to think if they should.

(action) gaming stories need to be told differently than movies. they need all the fat trimmed and pacing needs to be a top priority. and i'm the same as you, if a cutscene is taking so long i put down the controller that's generally my metric of failure. it's probably 5 mins tops, unless its an intro, then it's maybe 10 mins

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Macutchi: I never specificed they were either, I said RE4 is in the top 15, which

I believe is a true statement (remember to not count GTA 5, GTA 4 for every platform etc. If not it is top 20 at least. (remember to only count each game once)

EDIT #22 ranked game of all time*, not top 15 or top 20.

I phrased my comment carefully as always.

TLOU always top 5 on GOAT list - all over the internet

TLOU2 most awarded game in history until Elden Ring released - FACT. Elden Ring is arguably one of the absolute GOATs.

TLOU runner up GOTD winner of the 2010s. Fact. BOTW is the only game with more GOTDs. BOTW is almost always referred to as #1 GOAT.

other than that TLOU has a 95 @ metacritic, which is not the end all be all as you say. Look at the awards, GOTYs, GOTD, GOTG lists etc.

Zelda: BOTW is 'only' 10th place, TLOU is 46th place. But both those games always win more GOTYs, GOTDs, GOTGs, GOTC than the many games that are ranked ahead of them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Resident Evil 4 Remake for me all day, everyday.

Seconded. ;)

TBH, just to cause mad cows, I haven't played any of'em yet. lol :P

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#34  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

I’ll always criticize Sony’s games as “movie games,” but I am also someone who loves their games. The gameplay in them is almost always top-tier and excellent. It’s just that the cinematic aspects mess with the game’s rhythm for me, though in the case of Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy, the cutscenes looked awesome for their time and were just eye candy. I really thought it was clever how Naughty Dog included a playable Crash Bandicoot stage in Uncharted 4. That was a neat mix of dialogue and gameplay between Drake and his wife.

Something like Shadow of the Colossus and especially the superior remake of that game are how you do cinematic qualities in gaming. And that’s a Sony system exclusive.

I also really like the story in TLOU 1, too. The comparison to Cormac McCarthy’s The Road always seemed appropriate. TLOU 1 is probably just breaking into my top 25 games of all time. RE4 is a top five game of all time, though. It also has its cinematic aspects, but it doesn’t take itself too seriously always, which I like.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k

@The_Deepblue said:

I’ll always criticize Sony’s games as “movie games,” but I am also someone who loves their games. The gameplay in them is almost always top-tier and excellent. It’s just that the cinematic aspects mess with the game’s rhythm for me, though in the case of Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy, the cutscenes looked awesome for their time and were just eye candy. I really thought it was clever how Naughty Dog included a playable Crash Bandicoot stage in Uncharted 4. That was a neat mix of dialogue and gameplay between Drake and his wife.

Something like Shadow of the Colossus and especially the superior remake of that game are how you do cinematic qualities in gaming. And that’s a Sony system exclusive.

I also really like the story in TLOU 1, too. The comparison to Cormac McCarthy’s The Road always seemed appropriate. TLOU 1 is probably just breaking into my top 25 games of all time. RE4 is a top five game of all time, though. It also has its cinematic aspects, but it doesn’t take itself too seriously always, which I like.

I'm in the same camp as you. I'd criticise Sony for making the same third person cinematic games and wants them to do more platformers... But I still buy Horizon, God of War and Ghost of Tsushima.

Uncharted 4 I guess was already a bit heavy on the cinematic side and was lacking in gameplay for me. The whole story with the lost brother didn't do it for me, it always felt like an excuse to give Troy Baker another role in a ND game, and the gameplay can be completely mostly on auto pilot. That's not to say the game is without good parts, because there are plenty of those.

Man, I always wished Shadow of The Colossus would've gotten a PS5 patch (ps4 quality mode at 60fps)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38717 Posts

Love them all.

Fav level design goes to RE4R

Fav story goes to TLOU2, AND YES, YOU HEARD IT, TLOU2, NOT TLOU1

Fav gameplay is very close between RE4R and TLOU2, but since TLOU2's gunplay/melee is literally the absolute best in the business, i have to give it an edge. I just wish there was an open world game with the same copy pasted combat system. I wouldn't even mind a shitty Ubisoft capture 23344 camps kind of an open world game when the gunplay and melee is this crunchy

I'd go with TLOU2 over all of them.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Personally I voted for Last of Us. Gameplay in Part 2 is incredible.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#38 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

RE4 is the better game.

TLOU is the better movie.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

TLOU2's gameplay is much tighter and generally more fun. The pacing is definitely an issue for those who aren't vested in the story, I can see that being an issue for others.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Only played TLOU1 back in the day and it was an absolute piece of trash in every way a game could be apart from production values. Literally for days I was trying to see what I did wrong or is there some other way to play the game because I couldn't fathom the praise it got.

So, short story, most probably RE4 going by the history of 2 and 3 remakes.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Only played TLOU1 back in the day and it was an absolute piece of trash in every way a game could be apart from production values. Literally for days I was trying to see what I did wrong or is there some other way to play the game because I couldn't fathom the praise it got.

gameplay is TLOU is good. everything else is bad.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

Both Last of Us games got an 8/10. The answer has to be RE4

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:

Oh look, years later, you woke up and accepted what i've been telling you for ages. And TLOU2's gameplay is even much much better. Bu bu bu but movie game rofl. When a movie game has superior gameplay to 99% of third person titles, we have an issue here.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#44 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Because of the awesome and spectacular series it's tied to: I'd go with Resident Evil 4. But since it's my least favorite game in the series, I think Last of Us (especially Part 2) are better overall games.

* Gameplay: Last of Us 2 beats RE4 Remake in spades. You don't just crouch or dodge, you can go prone and are very flexible in combat. If you get knocked down, you can immediately retaliate while you're on the ground. You have melee attacks that vary, depending on the weapon you're holding. And ontop of all that, you can actually JUMP and climb ropes.

* AI: The enemies have more variety from zombies, humans and dogs as well as more variations of those enemies. Each with different mindsets and can be utilized by the player to be used against each other. A zombie can help you clear a room of baddies and can be a good distraction to get the drop on them. Humans react to dead bodies they see and their behavior changes according to what the player is doing. They have names and use guns while zombies use melee attacks and dogs use biting.

In every respect, Last of Us 2 is a joy to play and has superior quality gameplay. Re4 is great too but it's hard to compete when all of its enemies are infected zombies. So while they can also use guns, they're dumber than Last of Us humans and are easier to kill. Leon is also more limited in movement and melee weapons.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

RE4R easily clears.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mozelleple112

@Macutchi:

Lol look at what just got published moments after I wrote my comment about BOTW always getting #1 game of all time and TLOU always being in top 3.

GQ asked industry experts to answer what games they think are the best of all time. BOTW got first place (like always) TLOU in second place (guaranteed) and RE4 oddly enough got 11th place which is top 15.

I originally stated somewhere that RE4 was top 15 best game of all time, admittedly I was referring to its MC score where it lies in 22nd place not the top 15.

Fun how all three of those were true. Though TLOU2 underrated as usual only being #28, and the lack of MGS4 should invalidate the entire list, but still.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mozelleple112

@ghosts4ever: gameplay TLOU is 10/10. Every other aspect of TLOU is a 10/10.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Oh look, years later, you woke up and accepted what i've been telling you for ages. And TLOU2's gameplay is even much much better. Bu bu bu but movie game rofl. When a movie game has superior gameplay to 99% of third person titles, we have an issue here.

It is a movie game. which it should not have been. it could be masterpiece.

but bad design, walky talky segments ruined it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hardwenzen
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

It is a movie game. which it should not have been. it could be masterpiece.

but bad design, walky talky segments ruined it.

Don't try. The gameplay is good, and that's all that matters. Game having Cinema Level Cutscenes that are superior to anything in gaming makes it have the best presentation possible. Kojima titles have more cutscenes in his games, and nobody cries about it being a movie🤷‍♂️

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

The gameplay was also sh*t tier. The only positive thing I could say about it is it was functional, but that's it. Take away the production values and not even the hardcore cow will give it a second look let alone play or praise it.