Resident Evil 4 Remake has been UPDATED for PS5 & Series X: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

And update to the console versions was launched along side the DLC Mercenaries Mode.

• PS5 retains the higher resolution in the 60fps RT Framerate mode @ 3456x1944 vs Series X 3264 x 1836
  • An Improved rendering solution was implemented on PS5
  • Xbox Series X had it's AA and Alpha post effects reduced to improve performance, but increased the sharpness pass
  • Now PS5 and Xbox Series X have a virtually identical image quality
  • The dead zones on Xbox Series X controllers has been improved
  • In the maxed out Resolution Mode with hair strands on Series X now has better performance vs PS5. In this patched version Series X now only has 4% worse performance than PS5 compared to 18% worse pre-patched.
  • Framerate mode with RT & Hair Stands OFF both PS5 & XSX manage to lock 60fps
Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Lool so they shat on the IQ of the Xbox version?

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 above_average

@Juub1990 said:

Lool so they shat on the IQ of the Xbox version?

To help it gain back some performance against the PS5...apparently, yes.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

Someone is trying desperately to establish NXCow a reliable source. I wonder why!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44711 Posts

I'm surprised the Xbox control updates still have wide dead zones, they essentially put it on par with where the PC was at launch with a 25% dead zone. They removed horizonals axial restrictions but kept the wide vertical axial restrictions. They also cropped the acceleration curve to overlap the dead zone making it more responsive. But it's still not ideal. The dead zone is still too large and so is the vertical axial restriction. It's baffling that they never made the dead zones and axial restrictions identical with PS5, and it took two weeks to get it to a half step.

This update has me wondering if Capcom set the dead zones to where they were for performance considerations, as if to possibly allow for a breif buffer to prep for a camera shift to keep the per performance smooth. Perhaps why the minor improvement to the deadzones and axial restriction thresholds coincided with a marginal scale back of post processing effects perhaps.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70616 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Someone is trying desperately to establish NXCow a reliable source. I wonder why!

😂

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silentchief  Online
Member since 2021 • 7102 Posts

So PS5 wins again.

Don't worry guys " TEh ToOLs ArE CoMInG".

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39906 Posts

I feel bad for my cow brethren to be playing this game on a PS5. Its almost as bad as playing doom2016/eternal on a console, its very disgusting.

I don't want to sound like a cringey hermit (bassman and PC_Rocks comes to mind. Both incredibly cringe), but i am getting over 100fps 1440p all maxed without rt, and i am playing on an rx6800, which is a fithy AMD card that nobody likes, and GhostOfGolden even has a vendetta against.

Feels to me that we, cows, we lost the battle in this game. Our version is garbage.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17701 Posts

Wish I could enjoy this. I got up to the castle (the room where the red monk chants and drives everyone apeshit), and I feel ready to barf.

Something about the way the game moves or how the camera follows Leon makes me motion sick. This apparently is a widespread issue. Sucks, as I’m quite enjoying everything otherwise.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23735 Posts

@MirkoS77:

I said screw it and started playing last night, and was reminded of you bringing this up the other day.

I'm not getting motion sick or anything. But this game does feel like Leon pre-gamed a few shots and is off on a pub crawl.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@MirkoS77 said:

Wish I could enjoy this. I got up to the castle (the room where the red monk chants and drives everyone apeshit), and I feel ready to barf.

Something about the way the game moves or how the camera follows Leon makes me motion sick. This apparently is a widespread issue. Sucks, as I’m quite enjoying everything otherwise.

I supposed you're on pc with high fps, and still getting this?

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1290 Posts

@hardwenzen: I hope you're not using FSR. That shit is just too bad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hardwenzen
@pclover1980 said:

@hardwenzen: I hope you're not using FSR. That shit is just too bad.

I might be a cow, but i am not a dumb cow. If its not DLSS2+, its an automatic skip, and i can't get dlss on amd, so everything must be running natively.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MirkoS77

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MirkoS77:

I said screw it and started playing last night, and was reminded of you bringing this up the other day.

I'm not getting motion sick or anything. But this game does feel like Leon pre-gamed a few shots and is off on a pub crawl.

Seriously. Capcom must be aware of this because there’s an entire preset for motion sickness. I’ve never had this problem in a single game, only in VR, and those were experiences with a lot of movement.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the game otherwise, btw.

@hardwenzen: yeah, PC, 60, fully maxed FOV, blur/camera wobble off. Tried with various settings to no help.

Someone suggested that it feels like the camera is attached to Leon’s moves instead of floating independently behind him, so it’s in a constant state of minor fluctuation, being pulled forward/back and left/right which causes motion sickness. Not immediate, but after about half an hour I can’t continue.

Holding out hope for a mod or patch because as it is I just can’t play though constant nausea, that lasts for hours even after I stop. Sucks, as the game’s great.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@MirkoS77 said:

@hardwenzen: yeah, PC, 60, fully maxed FOV, blur/camera wobble off. Tried with various settings to no help.

Someone suggested that it feels like the camera is attached to Leon’s moves instead of floating independently behind him, so it’s in a constant state of minor fluctuation, being pulled forward/back and left/right which causes motion sickness. Not immediate, but after about half an hour I can’t continue.

Holding out hope for a mod or patch because as it is I just can’t play though constant nausea, that lasts for hours even after I stop. Sucks, as the game’s great.

That must absolutely blow, and i think i know what you're referring to. I imagine that you've played both TLOU titles, and didn't feel any of this? How about RDR2?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23735 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

Seriously. Capcom must be aware of this because there’s an entire preset for motion sickness. I’ve never had this problem in a single game, only in VR, and those were experiences with a lot of movement.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the game otherwise, btw.

Yeah googled it earlier and found a lot of people are having experiences like your own. Some even stating they've been able to overcome VR sickness, but can't do it with this lol. Crazy.

Still way too early game to say much of anything, only played up to the first merchant stop last night. Cool game of course. Just a lot of seemingly minor elements cumulating into what feels like less precise and consistent play. Much of it could just be me needing to adapt, but some of the changes, just can't see how they'd be for the better.

Having a good time though, guessing some of my gripes will fade as I really get into it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MirkoS77

@hardwenzen: nah, no problems with those at all. Just had to be this particular game. 😡

I’ve heard of this being a problem with other RE Engine games, but I didn’t have a problem with 7 (though it was 1st person). I can tolerate it on PS5 better, probably because I’m much farther away from the screen, but playing with the M/KB is so much better for combat (plus everything is 4K ultra on my rig) that I don’t want to.

I don’t mind waiting, I find it hard to believe that the modding community isn’t going to address this, even if Capcom won’t.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

So basically the Series X version got downgraded in IQ so it won't run like shit, like I suspected all along. Not that I would play this on console anyway, it was just funny to see the hair pulling over this when there was a very obvious solution.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13126 Posts

Capcom sure fucked up that patch.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@above_average said:

And update to the console versions was launched along side the DLC Mercenaries Mode.

Loading Video...
  • PS5 retains the higher resolution in the 60fps RT Framerate mode @ 3456x1944 vs Series X 3264 x 1836
  • An Improved rendering solution was implemented on PS5
  • Xbox Series X had it's AA and Alpha post effects reduced to improve performance, but increased the sharpness pass
  • Now PS5 and Xbox Series X have a virtually identical image quality
  • The dead zones on Xbox Series X controllers has been improved
  • In the maxed out Resolution Mode with hair strands on Series X now has better performance vs PS5. In this patched version Series X now only has 4% worse performance than PS5 compared to 18% worse pre-patched.
  • Framerate mode with RT & Hair Stands OFF both PS5 & XSX manage to lock 60fps

Man you sure love fighting over the far far away distant second place version. It's kind of sad lol.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

@above_average: below average at it again. You need to let it sink in, 12 tflop >>> 9tflop. Besides, last week DF mentioned how re4 Xbox shat on the ps5 crap version.

Nx gamer lol, you have no credibility.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KvallyX

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@above_average: below average at it again. You need to let it sink in, 12 tflop >> 9tflop. Besides, last week DF mentioned how re4 Xbox shat on the ps5 crap version.

Nx gamer lol, you have no credibility.

Oh, I missed that it was NX Gamer, lol!! Might as well just post VG Chartz lol!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

I want to see DF analysis on this. Wonder if the ugly blur that was on the ps5 is completely gone.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Poor Devs or secret sauce

Poor Devs it is

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

@kvallyx: exactly it's the fake news of the video game world 🤣

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5113 Posts

TLHBFO as usual

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 above_average

@EnergyAbsorber said:

TLHBFO as usual

As usual.

Begging for DF to do an analysis will only confirm everything covered in this analysis. It's sad to see a bunch of morons try to argue against facts.

The only opinion NXG gave was that it wasn't in dire need for a patch. Virtually everything else in the analysis was hard facts from head to head tests and graphs.

The cope is real.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KvallyX

Remember when @above_average got his ass handed to him again in the last RE thread he made, lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pedro

@kvallyx said:

Remember when @above_average got his ass handed to him again in the last RE thread he made, lol.

I guess he likes eating his own ass.🤷🏽‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KvallyX

@Pedro said:
@kvallyx said:

I guess he likes eating his own ass.🤷🏽‍♂️

Don't knock it till you tried it? (asking for a friend)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@kvallyx said:

Don't knock it till you tried it? (asking for a friend)

I don't need to try shit to know its shit. 😎

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX

Xbox version updated to fix graphical issues.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/04/resident-evil-4-update-1-05-brings-improvements-to-graphics-and-gameplay-on-xbox

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

lol :P