Resident Evil 4: Completely Souless Edition (preorder for ballistics)

• 88 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58890 Posts

Looks crap, but could potentially fix the shoot-head/kick/slash exploitation to make the gameplay good?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24913 Posts

The most overrated game of its time.

not interested.

Alan wake 2 will be better.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3540 Posts

RE4 is easily one of the greatest games of all time. Remake looks great enough to perhaps join it at the top.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games ever and it’s finally getting the remake treatment which looks amazing by the way. This’ll easily be a day purchase for me.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@ghosts4ever: lmao, this is way better than that boring ass Alan wake trash I almost fell asleep.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blaznwiipspman1

Looks like this is officially the first $70 game I buy this gen.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

not interested.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2405 Posts

More interested in Alan Wake 2 as well, and I found the first one mediocre. This feels like one of the most pointless remakes ever.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blaznwiipspman1

@warm_gun: well its less pointless than the demon souls remake, which is inch for inch rhe same exact game, plus a better graphics. This re4 is obviously different with new content.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Warm_Gun
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@warm_gun: well its less pointless than the demon souls remake, which is inch for inch rhe same exact game, plus a better graphics. This re4 is obviously different with new content.

The Demon's Souls remake is revisionist. Pointless new character designs, race swapping for inclusivity and pointless redoing of music that makes them sound more like generic tracks out of Dark Souls III.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@warm_gun said:

The Demon's Souls remake is revisionist. Pointless new character designs, race swapping for inclusivity and pointless redoing of music that makes them sound more like generic tracks out of Dark Souls III.

May I ask why this is bad?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warm_Gun
@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:

The fantasy FromSoftware created is based in large part on Medieval Europe. Few blacks lived there at the time. Making them black implies that there was ever a problem with all the characters being white (and the one Asian), when there just wasn't. Brown people like me aren't asking for established white characters to be made brown. It's just white people virtue signaling.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1

@warm_gun: I don't think it's European based exactly. It's magical fantasy so with that in mind, anything is fine. If this was a real medieval game, then I'd agree with you. But this game isn't that.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3218 Posts

I hope they put this in the remake

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@fedor said:
@ghosts4ever said:

not interested.

For once, I'm siding with Ghost and I'm more interest in AW2 and RE4 didn't need this remake even though we all saw this coming so hardly a surprise.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fedor

@davillain said:
@fedor said:
@ghosts4ever said:

not interested.

For once, I'm siding with Ghost and I'm more interest in AW2 and RE4 didn't need this remake even though we all saw this coming so hardly a surprise.

Nothing ever needs a remake, but they still happen. Capcom is clearly making some changes too. AW2 will be a bore just like the first was.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@fedor: Fair. I'll still buy both games nonetheless.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

It's funny. When Resident Evil 4 was announced as an initial GameCube exclusive, gamers and critics slammed Capcom for the decision. Now the remake is PS5 exclusive and there is ungodly praise.

Though maybe this is a step to giving the GameCube a much needed "Doctor Strange" treatment (see: Spider-Man: No Way Home).

[UPDATE] Okay, it's not exclusive as I thought it was when I saw the announcement on Twitter. Still, though, point stands on the original release AND platform

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fedor

@nintendoboy16 said:

It's funny. When Resident Evil 4 was announced as an initial GameCube exclusive, gamers and critics slammed Capcom for the decision. Now the remake is PS5 exclusive and there is ungodly praise.

Though maybe this is a step to giving the GameCube a much needed "Doctor Strange" treatment (see: Spider-Man: No Way Home).

Lol, it's coming to PC and Xbox.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

What?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#21 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@SOedipus: @fedor: To paraphrase Scott Wozniak "Well that makes me feel like a b****!"

Point #2 stands though.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Yep soulless is right. It’s borrowing too much from the RE2 remake visual style it kind of ruins the unique grunge look that the original 4 had.

I have to see more as there wasn’t much in that trailer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371

No stolen assets this time. We swear!

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#24 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2946 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

No stolen assets this time. We swear!

LOL I'm looking forward to this either way.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371

@Sam3231: Yeah, same here. 😅

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: why not get it DAY ONE on GAMEPASS?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

This is one game that actually needs a remake.

The original was great for its time, but in hindsight it was the silliest game in the series, and its gameplay definitely does not hold up.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

not interested.

If this remake outscores Alan Wake 2. I will laugh tremendously

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@Sagemode87 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: why not get it DAY ONE on GAMEPASS?

its coming to gamepass day one? Ouch, COWS OWNED AGAIN.

edit...unlike you cows who have been spending $70 for the last 2 years, this is actually going to be my first time in a while. Its going to be painful, having to pay out of my ass like the cows are used to doing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38796 Posts

Looks like a welfare third person shooter compared to Callisto.|

But RE4 does need a remake. Having tried to play the remastered version not too long ago, i simply couldn't handle it. Worst controls i've ever seen on any systems since the ps3 days. So fking bad. Unplayably bad.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 731 Posts

I'm a simple man. I see Ada I buy. Day 1 for me :v

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup

@warm_gun said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:

The fantasy FromSoftware created is based in large part on Medieval Europe. Few blacks lived there at the time. Making them black implies that there was ever a problem with all the characters being white (and the one Asian), when there just wasn't. Brown people like me aren't asking for established white characters to be made brown. It's just white people virtue signaling.

Eh, still don't get this.

If it was a piece of media literally based on history where a black population was non-existent (Mary Queen Of Scots movie comes to mind) then yes, I would agree it's stupid. And actually insulting to black people as it treats them like they are disabled or something and don't have their own history.

But in the case of fantasy stuff like this with dragons and dudes running around with anime swords, yea don't get it.

There seems to be this idea in people's heads anything progressive = bad

A lot of it down to these Youtube videos parroting shit and progressives themselves (Resetera/Kotaku) etc... just coming across as fucking assholes. A walking advertisement to go against it.

Saw that thing posted earlier with a graph some dude made complaining about black NPCS.

This person probably needs to go outside, or jump off a bridge, either is fine.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Warm_Gun

Face scans. It's all they know now. Nothing unique to the medium, ever.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#34 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19542 Posts

The story so far looks more serious than the original RE4 cheese fest. I suspect this might be reflected in the gameplay being more survival horror, rather than action horror like the original RE4.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#35  Edited By pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 359 Posts

The original is still my favourite game of all time, so I hope they do this right. I'm very cautious with this after how they handled RE3R and I wasn't too impressed with what I played of Village.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jag85
@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:

If it was a piece of media literally based on history where a black population was non-existent (Mary Queen Of Scots movie comes to mind) then yes, I would agree it's stupid. And actually insulting to black people as it treats them like they are disabled or something and don't have their own history.

But in the case of fantasy stuff like this with dragons and dudes running around with anime swords, yea don't get it.

A lot of it down to these Youtube videos parroting shit and progressives themselves (Resetera/Kotaku) etc... just coming across as fucking assholes. A walking advertisement to go against it.

Saw that thing posted earlier with a graph some dude made complaining about black NPCS.

It's also worth noting that Berserk, one of the biggest influences on the Souls fantasy world, has black/brown people in it. Casca, a woman with a dark brown complexion, is one of the three main characters in Berserk (at least in the Golden Age arc).

Either way, it's set in a fantasy world, not the real world. It doesn't matter what the people in a fantasy world look like. The only time race matters is if it's based on real history, which the Soulsborne games clearly are not... If they were supposed to be historical, I had no idea Medieval Europe had Japanese Samurai.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

Looks great. I remember playing it on ps 2 and thinking it wasnt much tied to re 1 to 3 but it was creepy as hell and enjoyed it alot.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Mozelleple112  Online
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Demon's Souls remake was not pointless at all. If not for that game, I would have never played a From Software. Sekiro and DS3 both ended in my top 5 favourite games of last gen and Elden Ring is my favourite of this gen.

I assume it applies to others

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Mozelleple112  Online
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

Just saw the trailer, looks phenomenal. A remake of the 96@MC GOTY of 2005. I never got to play this masterpiece at launch so I look forward to playing it like new in 2023. RE2 was amazing

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10430 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:

the guy sat next to the first archstone in the nexus, who's about as insignificant as a character gets in demon's souls, was white in the ps3 version and now he's black, which brings the grand total of black characters in the game to... 1.

that seems to be his issue

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

Very excited but also trying to go in with an open mind as far as what I'm expecting from overall tone, gameplay, and story.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34594 Posts

Yeah, hopefully they improve the gameplay. Sure would've liked to see some.

Hopefully all the camp is intact as well.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever  Online

@Litchie said:

you were complaining about when Max Payne remake got announced lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34594 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Would be a bit repetitive to whine about the same thing in this thread.

Not sure about this game either. There's a lot you can **** up. Plus, RE7, RE3R and RE8 all sucked.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Would be a bit repetitive to whine about the same thing in this thread.

Not sure about this game either. There's a lot you can **** up. Plus, RE7, RE3R and RE8 all sucked.

RE4 was trash.

Max Payne was masterpiece and deserve remake treatment on other hand we have seen RE4 remastered multiple times.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jag85

As much as I'm looking forward to this... What happened to Code Veronica remake? That game deserves a remake, where we get to see the fall of Umbrella.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3540 Posts

@ghosts4ever: RE4 is one of the greatest games of all time. It's your dog shit take that is trash.

I mean sure Max Payne is great and all but dood, my guy...Bro...

Do not use Max Payne in the same sentence as. RE4. It just ain't worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as one of the GOATs.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blaznwiipspman1

@Miyomatic said:

@ghosts4ever: RE4 is one of the greatest games of all time. It's your dog shit take that is trash.

I mean sure Max Payne is great and all but dood, my guy...Bro...

Do not use Max Payne in the same sentence as. RE4. It just ain't worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as one of the GOATs.

looks like we agree on something. Ghosts...damn it, I usually like your posts, but you've been triggering me since yesterday

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 uninspiredcup

Ghost is always right, people are just reluctant to admit it.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@warm_gun: This is such a dumb thing to complain about, lol. Stupid opinions abound, as always.