Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 433 Posts

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-3-remake-1-05-update-xbox-one-x-performance/

Seems they pushed out a patch so the performance issues have been rectified. This actually has some significance as seeing that not only is it fixed on Xbox One X at a lower resolution (probably 1620p-1800p), but the on disc version of the game will on Series X pin to a locked 60 at 3840x2160.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KazHirai

Tested and confirmed, operates the same as RE2 did now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p7MiSj3Sw0

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

How did this happen in the first place.....bad coding/optimisation or something?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

I was thinking the exact same thing poor from capcom.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

Glad I got it on ps4 instead of for one x... I will eventually double dip when it hits 20$

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@fastnslowww said:

How did this happen in the first place.....bad coding/optimisation or something?

they went for a native 4k resolution instead of the 1680P that RE2 used

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KazHirai

Digital Foundry also did a new analysis on it, it's the best version of the game for console now. Apparently Capcom also updated the demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnjVfTYnAYk

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

It's nice to see it was patched so quickly. It's bizarre Capcom went with the original settings they did at all, not sure why they let the Xbox One X have so much framerate fluctuation when they could have just kept the resolution at a more reasonable level. I wonder if this patch does lower the resolution or if it was some kind of configuration/optimization issue that they could quickly resolve once they looked into it? If the former, hopefully they'll also patch the game to give Xbox One gamers the option to run at full 4K again or to automatically run at 4K when playing it on XSX.

By the way, heard HDR was absolutely busted on the PC version. Capcom got lazy with this remake.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KazHirai

@davillain- said:

It's nice to see it was patched so quickly. It's bizarre Capcom went with the original settings they did at all, not sure why they let the Xbox One X have so much framerate fluctuation when they could have just kept the resolution at a more reasonable level. I wonder if this patch does lower the resolution or if it was some kind of configuration/optimization issue that they could quickly resolve once they looked into it? If the former, hopefully they'll also patch the game to give Xbox One gamers the option to run at full 4K again or to automatically run at 4K when playing it on XSX.

By the way, heard HDR was absolutely busted on the PC version. Capcom got lazy with this remake.

So the deal is this, if you have the game digitally it's 1620p now at mostly 60 FPS. If you have the disc you're in a much more advantageous state because you can choose how you want the game to run. If you install from the disc and don't allow it to update it will be 4K at the 40-60 FPS, if you update it will go to the 1620p at mostly 60 FPS.

My guess is if you own the disc version and pop it in the Series X and don't let it update that it would automatically install the One X build of the game so it would be at 4K and pinned to 60 FPS. While this may not be the intention they were going for here it could allow for a substantially better experience once the new Xbox releases.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@kazhirai: It would be similar to what CDPR will be doing with Cyberpunk 2077 if you buy the game on Xbox One/X, you also get the game on XSX for free. But I don't know if they are talking about using BC or wait for XSX version of the game. I would imagine this being the case with RE3 Remake.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@fastnslowww said:

I read one of Capcom's smaller studios made it instead of the same studio that made RE2.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KazHirai

I just tested the game both ways pre and post patch, and honestly even with the performance unevenness at 4K it's really not that noticeable. The hit in IQ for the gain in FPS isn't really worth it. I'm not seeing any screen tearing, judder or anything of that nature just the occasional slowdown hit.

Honestly moving down to 1620p from 2160p is more jarring than any variance in FPS. If you have this game on disc I suggest you try it both ways because honestly the game is dramatically inferior in my opinion with the patch.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

4K too much for the X yet again...

KazHirai

Forum Posts